PDA

View Full Version : Eye of Lolth confuses me...

CyberThread
2013-08-07, 08:53 PM
So the eye of lolth, on the top of the prc chapter, say it is best for bards and rogues, but the requirements make it everything but bard it seems.

Entry Requirements
Race: Drow.
Skills: Hide 8 ranks, Knowledge (religion) 4 ranks, Listen 8
ranks, Spot 8 ranks.
Feats: Cautious Attack (see page 47).
Domain: Trickery.
Special: Evasion.
Special: Sneak attack +2d6 or skirmish +2d6.

<-< did Wizard jump the shark on this ?

Feilith
2013-08-07, 09:20 PM
Looks pretty solid for rogue/Cleric to get into. I'm not sure how a bard is gonna do ANY of that, maybe they just meant cleric and rogue not bard.

Chronos
2013-08-07, 09:23 PM
I think that bard is the only single core class that gets all of those skills as class skills. Still, requiring a domain pretty much means "must be cleric", and requiring precision damage pretty much means "must be rogue or scout", which doesn't leave much room for levels of a third class.

CyberThread
2013-08-08, 12:13 AM
Hmm...rather nice for a rogue , *cries* but I don't want to be a cleric.

Crasical
2013-08-08, 12:27 AM
Cheer up, eyeball monster! There are ways to get domain access that don't involve Cleric levels!

CyberThread
2013-08-08, 12:45 AM
True but this one isn't sloppily written! It says +1 levels of divine casting, not just +1 levels of spellcasting or whatever generic term they use.

-_- and before it is stated, I don't have access to archivist or I would be using that sucker to have arcane spells.

I just remembered...divine bard...

Fouredged Sword
2013-08-08, 07:32 AM
Well consider touchstone (catalouges of enlightenment) as a feat grants access to a domain power. That may trigger the prereq. Arcane Diciple gets you the spells. Between the two you basicly have access to a domain.

Also Sha'ir into contemplative works at high levels. Rogue 1 / Sha'ir 1 / Rogue 8 / Contemplative 1 / eye of lolth X

It's messy, but you advance sha'ir casting with the PRC because it is both divine and arcane.

Khatoblepas
2013-08-08, 09:37 AM
I'm not sure how to get arcane casting with this prestige class, since it advances divine only, and is only half-casting at that. But let's see what you can do with it.

Lesser Drow Sneak Attack Thug Fighter 5/Paladin of Tyranny 2/Divine Crusader (Trickery) 3/Eye of Lolth 10

Gets you 8th level spells and a lot of sneak attack, which isn't /great/.

Lesser Drow Cloistered Cleric (Trickery) 1/Rogue 4/Eye of Lolth 4/Ur-Priest 1/Contemplative (Trickery) 1/Eye of Lolth + 6/Ur-Priest +X gets 9th level spells, though it breaks the spirit of the class over it's knee a few times, and 99% of your feats will go towards the stupid prerequisites. (Cautious Attack is a horrible feat, which requires Dodge as a prereq. DCFS those drow proficiencies to cover Dodge, Cautious Attack, and Spell Focus (Evil).)

Other than that, I dunno.

CyberThread
2013-08-08, 12:46 PM
eh true, it is maybe a bit ungainly , but a very strong PRC if you can meet the needs.