PDA

View Full Version : Poisoning the unpoisonable

Yogibear41
2013-08-07, 10:10 PM
Are their any feats/spells/magic items that give one the ability to poison creatures who are normally immune to poisons, such as undead and constructs?

In addition if the said poison happens to be a sleeping based poison(many things that have immunity to poison have immunity to sleep) is there anyway to bypass both immunities at once.

EDIT: Looking specifically at a Pseudodragon who will take levels in sorcerer.

Hunter Killer
2013-08-07, 10:17 PM
Spark of Life, but that's a 7th level Cleric spell.

ArqArturo
2013-08-07, 10:24 PM
Don't ravages also work on undead/fiends?.

awa
2013-08-07, 10:26 PM
i think there are some drow magic poisons that bypass poison immunity but i may be misremembering

Piggy Knowles
2013-08-07, 10:31 PM
Spark of Life, but that's a 7th level Cleric spell.

I'm away from my books at the moment, but I'm pretty sure this was updated to a 3rd level spell in Spell Compendium.

Jack_Simth
2013-08-07, 10:46 PM
Don't ravages also work on undead/fiends?.
Yep. Book of Exalted Deeds. Of course, they only work on them if the Undead is evil. A good undead would be unaffected.

Xervous
2013-08-07, 10:47 PM
If you can find a way that doesn't use divine magic or have a considerable casting time, more than a few people will praise you... seeing how one pesky elder evil is otherwise immune to poisons...

This is mainly as a late thought on Tippy's trial.

Verditude
2013-08-08, 02:29 AM
This probably won't help Xervous, but planar binding the Aspect of Sertrous using the Implore spell (Dragon 336) gets you access to his Poisoner's Breath ability, which removes poison immunity in an area of effect.

The Viscount
2013-08-08, 11:03 AM
I'm away from my books at the moment, but I'm pretty sure this was updated to a 3rd level spell in Spell Compendium.

It was indeed. Cleric 3, Druid 4.

Positoxins also work on Undead. A few from BoVD affect usually poison immune creatures.

The magic-infused poisons from DotU do indeed bypass normal poison immunity.

As for what OP is looking for, a way to make enemies vulnerable to pseudodragon poison, I don't know that there is a way to do that, short of spark of life.