PDA

View Full Version : Four Words (SPOILER)

fire_hawk
2006-12-15, 01:29 AM
Just came up with a thought about the four words V may say - I have no clue as to the context, but it is possible.

"I'm actually a (wo)man."

Shadow of the Sun
2006-12-15, 02:00 AM
Some random person= "That could release the snarl and kill everyone!"
V= "I do not care"

Demented
2006-12-15, 02:17 AM
:smallcool: Time Stop! Hammer Time!

:smallamused: I prepared explosive runes.

ShneekeyTheLost
2006-12-15, 03:31 AM
Time Stop! Hammer Time!

:vaarsuvius: I prepared explosive runes.

Most likely number 2. I very much doubt that the erudite elf would demean itself by resorting to a bad pun based on an even worse rapper.

pita
2006-12-15, 05:19 AM
Then why didn't she have infinite arcane power?
Many times over?

Amon Star
2006-12-15, 09:30 AM
:vaarsuvius: "Show me the money!"

Zone
2006-12-15, 11:50 AM
Many times over?

Right reason and wrong time.

Manga Shoggoth
2006-12-15, 11:53 AM
Many times over?

Because she has not yet said it to the right person at the right time for all the wrong reasons?

Amon Star
2006-12-15, 12:01 PM
How about...

:vaarsuvius: "Belkar, I love you!"

Well, you can't get much more wrong than that.

XtheYeti
2006-12-15, 01:12 PM
How about...

:vaarsuvius: "Belkar, I love you!"

Well, you can't get much more wrong than that.
The horror!!! The complete and beyond all comparison horror!!!

I need to go wash my brain out now

ufo
2006-12-15, 01:23 PM
Well, my two guesses have already been mentioned.

I prepared explosive runes

and

I love you, Belkar

IronSoldier820
2006-12-15, 01:32 PM
Its probably not the "I prepared Explosive Runes" because...

(a) If it was, it would have been too obvious considering the overwhelming popularity of the phrase.

(b) The phrase itself is actually six words, "I prepared explosive runes this morning." Leaving out the last two just to fill in the prophecy doesn't seem like an actually option.

(c) Its probably something to do with gender, because thats basically the only thing that anyone is concerned about that concerns V.

Lazy Fat Man
2006-12-15, 01:38 PM
This is my guess

"Soylent green is people!"

or maybe

"You shall not pass!"

But it's definitely one of these two.
Hey, this is fun.

IronSoldier820
2006-12-15, 01:44 PM
You know what? I never said my guess.

"I....am.....an......elf!"

Something dramatic like that, when everyone's expecting him to clarify his gender and he ends up disappointing everyone for the final time. The Giant will never clarify his gender.

Grod_The_Giant
2006-12-15, 04:49 PM
"What is going on?"

"You are not ____!"

plainsfox
2006-12-15, 04:51 PM
I'm betting on "I know absolutely nothing!"

Xiander
2006-12-15, 04:52 PM
I bet it eould be along the lines of "I pledge my allegiance."

Demented
2006-12-15, 06:02 PM
Oh, or there's always this one:
I want a divorce!

Callos_DeTerran
2006-12-15, 06:11 PM
What about

"Go to hell Belkar!"

then once he does it creates an unbalance of good and evil and all this funky planar stuff happens and......alright I don't think its that either.

Bor the Barbarian Monk
2006-12-15, 06:47 PM
Wannabe Writer Theater Presents: AGAIN!

We find our heroes in Azure City during a brief respite...

:roy: Oh, for the love of - !

:elan: What's the matter, Roy?

:roy: It's the forums about us. They're at it again! AGAIN!

:haley: Who's at what again?

:roy: The people who post on the boards. It's ANOTHER repeat thread.

:elan: Oh. What's this one about?

:roy: V's four words. It's almost as bad as them all guessing what the monster in the dark is. Or another "Kill Miko" thread!

:belkar: We're going to kill Miko? COOL!

:roy: We are *NOT* going to kill Miko.

:belkar: For the record, you spend too much time ruining my fun.

:roy: And I can't tell you how pleased I am about that.

:haley: Ummm...What four words are you talking about?

:vaarsuvius: Oh...That. According to the Oracle we visited, I will speak four words to the right person at the right time for the wrong reasons, and will be granted ultimate arcane power.

:elan: Neat! Can we guess, too?

:roy: NO! It's bad enough the people on the forums can't look at a few extra pages to find the thread started just days before on the same subject! I will *NOT* sit here and listen to your lame guesses, which will probably be the same things mentioned in all the other threads!

:elan: I think Captain Cranky needs some time alone.

:vaarsuvius: I fully understand your frustration, Sir Greenhilt. It would seem that the links provided on the aformentioned forums would allow for an easy search of various topics. Unfortunately, sloth also seems to abound on the forums, and many new people, rather than conducting a reasonable search, and/or completely failing their spot checks, choose to start a new thread on old topics, simply to say the same things repeatedly.

:roy: Wait! I have it! And, V, I think you know the exact four words needed here.

:vaarsuvius: Indeed, I do.

:roy: Go for it.

:vaarsuvius: STOP REPEATING THESE THREADS!!!

A little searching goes a long way, people. :smallannoyed:

TreesOfDeath
2006-12-15, 06:50 PM
Do you think this piece of the prophecy will be fufilled during this arc? Do you even think it will be fufilled before the end of the comic? I mean V with Ultimate Arcane Power... what on earth would happen?

Yuki Akuma
2006-12-15, 06:52 PM
This was said in another thread, but it fits so well..

:vaarsuvius: "I take Epic Spellcasting."

... And now back out of this thread before I catch something...

Demented
2006-12-15, 06:59 PM

There's always the possibility that we enjoy guessing this stuff, just for the fun of seeing what absurd situations would result.

Besides, any excuse to put "Belkar" and "Love" in the same quote is a good excuse.

Izodor
2006-12-16, 02:39 AM
I think he will say this to some BBEG: I will help you!

fire_hawk
2006-12-16, 02:43 AM
A little searching goes a long way, people.

A little meditation and yoga goes a long way too... dude, calm down already.

Anyway, I think those four words will concern gender - it would neatly solve both problems, and give the readers a great sense of fufillment.

Amon Star
2006-12-17, 09:38 AM
Wannabe Writer Theater Presents: AGAIN!

We find our heroes in Azure City during a brief respite...

:roy: Oh, for the love of - !

:elan: What's the matter, Roy?

:roy: It's the forums about us. They're at it again! AGAIN!

:haley: Who's at what again?

:roy: The people who post on the boards. It's ANOTHER repeat thread.

:elan: Oh. What's this one about?

:roy: V's four words. It's almost as bad as them all guessing what the monster in the dark is. Or another "Kill Miko" thread!

:belkar: We're going to kill Miko? COOL!

:roy: We are *NOT* going to kill Miko.

:belkar: For the record, you spend too much time ruining my fun.

:roy: And I can't tell you how pleased I am about that.

:haley: Ummm...What four words are you talking about?

:vaarsuvius: Oh...That. According to the Oracle we visited, I will speak four words to the right person at the right time for the wrong reasons, and will be granted ultimate arcane power.

:elan: Neat! Can we guess, too?

:roy: NO! It's bad enough the people on the forums can't look at a few extra pages to find the thread started just days before on the same subject! I will *NOT* sit here and listen to your lame guesses, which will probably be the same things mentioned in all the other threads!

:elan: I think Captain Cranky needs some time alone.

:vaarsuvius: I fully understand your frustration, Sir Greenhilt. It would seem that the links provided on the aformentioned forums would allow for an easy search of various topics. Unfortunately, sloth also seems to abound on the forums, and many new people, rather than conducting a reasonable search, and/or completely failing their spot checks, choose to start a new thread on old topics, simply to say the same things repeatedly.

:roy: Wait! I have it! And, V, I think you know the exact four words needed here.

:vaarsuvius: Indeed, I do.

:roy: Go for it.

:vaarsuvius: STOP REPEATING THESE THREADS!!!

LOL! Another classic. And if people didn't keep repeating threads, then you would have less opportunities to express yourself. :cool:

PirateMonk
2006-12-17, 11:02 AM
How about this:

:vaarsuvius: learns that when s/he dies, s/he will become a god. But it can't be direct suicide, so:

:vaarsuvius: I love you, Belkar!

Followed by someone promptly killing him/her.

Note-yes, I know those words have been guessed before, I was just explaining a possible situation.

Bok- Nice work!

DarkLightDragon
2006-12-17, 11:54 AM
I had a thought just then... the being :vaarsuvius: has to speak to might be :mitd: and the words might be "I like/love/am ____"

I am your father! :smallconfused:
I like sprinkles! :smallbiggrin:
Give me shining light!
Embrace the unholy darkness!
I am *alignment here*!

fangthane
2006-12-17, 12:43 PM
The truth, Bor, is that we've all become so hopelessly addicted to your little montages that we're forced to do it.

You see, we know that, like a moth to flame, you are inevitably drawn to any such thread to add one of your OotS Interludes, whether in a constructive fashion or not, and in lieu of badgering the Giant to post comics over the weekend, this is the best way of forcing you to provide entertainment.

Or, it could be that some people are lazy and others among us merely read your retorts opportunistically. 6 of one... :)

DrowWolfrider
2006-12-19, 11:10 PM
How about this
As they are about to fight :xykon: in the final battle

(Repeatedly) :vaarsuvius: Hey Xykon!

:xykon: For godsakes! What in the nine hells do you want?

:vaarsuvius: Want to compare spellbooks?

DrowWolfrider
2006-12-19, 11:11 PM
Oh sorry for double posting but how do you do a spoiler?

dukexx
2006-12-19, 11:32 PM
How bout...

:vaarsuvius: "Elan, Haley loves you!"

or,

* aiming at doily* :vaarsuvius: " I cast true mindswitch!"

elliott20
2006-12-19, 11:34 PM
"I <3 Belkar's lovepocket"

now if I only know what lovepocket means....

pita
2006-12-20, 03:05 AM
YUKYUK!
I've found YokYok's son!

Querzis
2006-12-20, 03:12 AM
I know this thread doesnt seems to be about serious answer but V is supposed to gain ultimate arcane power. Who is the only being in the OOTS who is likely to have ultimate arcane power (and give it to someone else): Xykon. «For all the wrong reason» what could possibly be more wrong then V serving Xykon just because V want power? The four right word are gonna be : «I shall serve you» or something like that to Xykon.

Amon Star
2006-12-20, 09:00 AM
Oh sorry for double posting but how do you do a spoiler?

Like this. {spoiler}"Insert text here"{/spoiler}. Just replace {}s with []s.

Duke of URL
2006-12-20, 12:15 PM
I'm guessing the four words are:

:vaarsuvius: Elan, touch the gate.

GSFB
2006-12-20, 12:51 PM
"I believe in fairies."

Or else:

"Pro wrestling is real."

1337_master
2006-12-20, 01:05 PM
Perhaps...just perhaps... it's like

Belkars Smarter then me!

mockingbyrd7
2006-12-20, 10:04 PM
Woah, nice guesses. "I love you Belkar" is pretty creepy. "I shall serve you" is an interesting one... succumbing to the dark side for ultimate arcane power. Knowing V, he/she/it would actually probably take that offer. It has been proven that V is probably True Neutral, but cares for nothing more than the pursuit of power and knowledge, and would (probably, not definitely) be willing to sacrifice his/her/its morals for that pursuit.

BeccaLynn85
2006-12-21, 03:28 AM
how about "I don't want power!"

Jarelk
2006-12-21, 05:18 AM
Let's get more deep.

V needs to say the right thing to the right person for all the WRONG reasons. That means V must not mean what he/she says.

How about V needs to save someone, but in order to do that she/he needs to give him/her, say, a +2 competence love bonus. So he/she(I seriously hope a she, if talking to Belkar) might say against Belkar that she/he loves him, and then he goes and kills whoever. So it's for the wrong reasons, the right person (I sincerely don't hope that), and the right time... Or something.

Khantalas
2006-12-21, 05:25 AM
I know this thread doesnt seems to be about serious answer but V is supposed to gain ultimate arcane power. Who is the only being in the OOTS who is likely to have ultimate arcane power (and give it to someone else): Xykon. «For all the wrong reason» what could possibly be more wrong then V serving Xykon just because V want power? The four right word are gonna be : «I shall serve you» or something like that to Xykon.

Since when does Xykon have ultimate arcane power?

Amon Star
2006-12-21, 05:31 AM
how about "I don't want power!"

That's a good one. How about these:

"I am your father/mother!" Most likely said to pompey.

"Will you be quiet!?!" Said to some uber being that happens to be rambling and has never been talked back to before.

"Which way to (insert place name)?" When asking direction to some random passer by.

1337_master
2006-12-21, 07:02 PM
The Thing is with all of these is that None of them mean to actually give any power, like. How can you gain ultimate Arcane Power by saying too Belkar "I love you Belkar!" How does that work?

blackout
2006-12-21, 07:27 PM
Maybe it's "I play Halo 2!"...Nah.

Unrepentant
2006-12-21, 07:48 PM
Remember, the oracle said "right entity". To me, that's more than being vague about gender/race. That tells me it's a being that isn't a mortal...Roy's father, one of Sabine's bosses, Thor, the Snarl or possibly even :mitd:.

Also, it makes me sad that it's four words and not six. Because as far as I'm concerned, on the question of V having ultimate power, :vaarsuvius: had me at "Evan's Spiked Tentacales of Forced Intrusion."

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm not comfortable being grappled there.

pita
2006-12-22, 02:19 PM
:mitd: is the only infinitely powerful being in OotS. While :roy: could beat :xykon:, :miko: could beat :roy: (The one time they fought she beat him. And even though people say it was because he wasn't in full strength, the other 4 ootsers were in full strength and she still beat him) and she couldn't beat :mitd:. So it is the most omnipotent creature that exists. Obviously it must include him.
Maybe the words are "I'll just cast Daylight".

GymGeekAus
2006-12-22, 02:25 PM
How about this
As they are about to fight :xykon: in the final battle

(Repeatedly) :vaarsuvius: Hey Xykon!

:xykon: For godsakes! What in the nine hells do you want?

:vaarsuvius: Want to compare spellbooks? Xykon is a sorcerer....

I think it will be "One apple pie, please." ;) The decorative inlay for cakes and pies will be the key to containing and siphoning power from the Snarl!

Khantalas
2006-12-22, 02:38 PM
:mitd: is the only infinitely powerful being in OotS. While :roy: could beat :xykon:, :miko: could beat :roy: (The one time they fought she beat him. And even though people say it was because he wasn't in full strength, the other 4 ootsers were in full strength and she still beat him) and she couldn't beat :mitd:.

Rock paper scissors?

emPty
2006-12-22, 03:56 PM
Maybe the four words are an epic spell?

:vaarsuvius: "Vengefull Gaze of God!"

Querzis
2006-12-22, 05:38 PM
:mitd: is the only infinitely powerful being in OotS. While :roy: could beat :xykon:, :miko: could beat :roy: (The one time they fought she beat him. And even though people say it was because he wasn't in full strength, the other 4 ootsers were in full strength and she still beat him) and she couldn't beat :mitd:. So it is the most omnipotent creature that exists. Obviously it must include him.
Maybe the words are "I'll just cast Daylight".

Yup but he seems to be more a warrior then a mage, how can he have ultimate arcane power? By the way, you shoudnt think :roy: could really beat :xykon: in a fair fight, I would personnaly say that the gate destroyed :xykon: not :roy:. By the way, the snarl or any god wont work. Why? Because its divine power not arcane power. Ultimate arcane power in D&D is nothing more then a level 20 wizard or sorcerer, there is no greater arcane power. Thats why, as far as I'm concerned, the only being we saw in the OOTS universe with ultimate arcane power is Xykon.

fangthane
2006-12-22, 06:18 PM
Epic arcane spellcasting is also arcane.

blackout
2006-12-22, 08:33 PM
Maybe its "shut the hell up...". Think about it. He gets really mad, tells Xykon to do so, Xykon hits him with a powerful spell, he somehow absorbs it, and the arcane power from the spell makes him infinitely powerful.

krossbow
2006-12-22, 08:37 PM
Maybe its "shut the hell up...". Think about it. He gets really mad, tells Xykon to do so, Xykon hits him with a powerful spell, he somehow absorbs it, and the arcane power from the spell makes him infinitely powerful.

Yes, but such things are so contrived. It's like jumping in front of a semi because you think it will turn you into optimus prime.

It's just such a artistic cop out when things designed specifically to kill people somehow randomly backfire.
________
Vermont Dispensaries (http://vermont.dispensaries.org/)

blackout
2006-12-22, 08:46 PM
Meh. Was worth a shot.

Mayo_the_Thurmaturge
2006-12-22, 09:04 PM
To some deity/omnipotent being of fan(boy/girl)ism:

OB: Who are you?
V: Order of the Stick. (something like that)
OB: OMG I Love your guys's comic!
(V gets power somehow)

Or just "Order of the Stick" somewhere.

No_constraints
2006-12-25, 08:22 PM
I believe she is female because in the comic there was a scene where they were attacking the explosives guy who was trying to blow up the king of nowhere. It specifically mantioned that they were GIRL friends I believe. I'm going to find the exact comic in a sec and edit my post.

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0240.html

Thexare Blademoon
2006-12-25, 08:53 PM
Also, it makes me sad that it's four words and not six. Because as far as I'm concerned, on the question of V having ultimate power, :vaarsuvius: had me at "Evan's Spiked Tentacales of Forced Intrusion."

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm not comfortable being grappled there.

If I may...

"Evan's Flaming Spiked Tentacles."

I'm going to go bathe my mind in acid now.

Tussy the Druid
2006-12-25, 09:03 PM
^^ yeah, but as rich has specified hundreds of times, that's the opinion of a character. It doesn't justify V's gender. (and by the way, i'm not grouchy, so don't bother with any of those calm down posts that i've seen.)

Cybren
2006-12-25, 09:17 PM
How bout...

:vaarsuvius: "Elan, Haley loves you!"

or,

* aiming at doily* :vaarsuvius: " I cast true mindswitch!"
Blase, beaten to the punch

Mayo_the_Thurmaturge
2006-12-26, 08:49 PM
Sorry if this has been said:
"I am Chaotic Good/Neutral"
See next to last sentence in the next to last part of the bubble (counting the 'Thank you.') for my reasoning. V's even said something about not liking when laws or something mess with research. (something like that)
http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0282.html

SwordofKrynn
2006-12-26, 08:59 PM
You are not prepared!!!!

. . . Ah, crap, wrong forum.

sleepsinoctober
2006-12-26, 10:14 PM
From http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0252.html

"Out of fudge ripple."

Thog is still around...

Leather_Book_Wizard
2006-12-26, 11:03 PM
It will be doily related. The Giant is a master of foreshadowing and a doily is a gateway to ultimate power.

Morchaint
2006-12-27, 09:52 AM
I cast explosive doilys

Abelard
2006-12-27, 04:39 PM
At some point, the OotS and the Azure Guard and all the other Good-types are going to defeat The Snarl and will in fact end up destroying it. However, they will learn too late that The Snarl is an essential force of the universe and destroying it creates a void that threatens to wipe out the everything, gods and all.

Enter :vaarsuvius: : "I'll take its place."

Said to the right entity (some deity or group of them who has the power to make it happen) at the right time (when the universe is about to collapse) for the wrong reason (not to actually gain infinite cosmic power, as she intended when she asked the question, but to save the universe).

As Genie from "Aladdin" put it: "Supreme cosmic power... itty-bitty living space!"

Win.

btw, I just read back and saw that there was already a similar thread recently - if this matches any answer on there, I am not aware of it; I've not read that thread.

Khantalas
2006-12-27, 04:52 PM
As Genie from "Aladdin" put it: "Supreme cosmic power... itty-bitty living space!"

Wasn't that "Phenomenal cosmic powers. Itty-bitty living space."

Although mine isn't even voiced by Robin Williams, but Dan Castellanta if I remember correctly, so it might be why.

Mayo_the_Thurmaturge
2006-12-27, 08:50 PM
I just looked at the actual wording, and it doesn't say that the words have to be just four words. They could probably be inside a sentence.

Also, V could speaking fast, or in some way harder to understand (or the entity is still learning the language he/she/it is speaking), and there could be a period, and the entity misunderstands her/him/it.

For example: Scribing scrolls is something I love. Belkar, much a despicable person, is someone I don't.

I think the Snarl keeping the universe/world stable idea is cool, but there's a slight comment I would like to make. I don't think V uses contractions, so it might be worded like this: "I will replace him/her/it." Sorry if that seems a little picky.

Siberys
2006-12-27, 11:51 PM
It will be doily related. The Giant is a master of foreshadowing and a doily is a gateway to ultimate power.

quoted for unbearably undeniable truthfulness.

Khantalas
2006-12-28, 07:34 AM
Was this really not mentioned?

"I attack the darkness."

Setra
2006-12-28, 08:56 AM
"I forsake my magic"

Or something like that.

Leather_Book_Wizard
2006-12-28, 09:11 AM
"I forsake my magic"

Or something like that.

I think I'd cry if that happened. I hate it when casters foresake their magic. Makes me so sad.

Tiako
2006-12-28, 10:48 AM
It's obviously:

I will worship Banjo.

battleburn
2006-12-28, 10:54 AM
It was never said that it had to be V to say the four words.
If Black Mage would say: "I love you fighter", he would immediately gain ultimate arcane power.
Never going to happen though :D

[Insert Neat Username Here]
2006-12-28, 04:14 PM
"I can't count very well."

Mewtroid
2006-12-30, 12:53 AM
...That's...

I can't count very well. That's perfect.

my guess is: I'd like a {insert food here}.

Azukar
2006-12-30, 01:03 AM
Well if this thread has proven nothing else, it's that we have no idea at all, and the only posts that seem even a little credible are the ones that are 100% ordinary. Something like

"I can do that"

for all the wrong reasons. Let's face it": we're not going to guess.

krossbow
2006-12-30, 01:07 AM
To her mate:

"I want a Divorce!"

V is found to have been married to Thor, and thus gets half his godly estate after he is found being unfaithful and divorced.

The Orange Zergling
2006-12-30, 01:52 AM
Blood for the Blood God! Oh wait... thats 5 words... never mind...

I still think it's "The Four Right Words" or however the word order is.

Adrius
2006-12-30, 02:45 AM
"Will you be quiet!?!" Said to some uber being that happens to be rambling and has never been talked back to before.
That's sorta along the lines I thought when I first read the comic.

I just imagined V going short, yet belligerent rant to some mega powerful entity or god... and then said entity or god becoming so amused that someone actually stood up to them, they wake Vs mind up to like, real ultimate power (wizard edition),

Amon Star
2006-12-30, 08:11 AM
I think I'd cry if that happened. I hate it when casters foresake their magic. Makes me so sad.

But in this case :vaarsuvius: will be getting something far better back.

Shadow of the Sun
2006-12-30, 08:50 AM
"I poke the Snarl"

Mayo_the_Thurmaturge
2007-01-27, 06:27 PM
Sorry for bumping an old topic.

The words could be: "Where's Rhyme and Reason?"

I was just reading Norton Juster's The Phantom Tollbooth, and there's a part where Reason says something about doing the right things for the wrong reasons.

Or just "* Rhyme and Reason" Asterisk being wildcard.

The Familiar
2007-01-27, 07:05 PM
Four Words (not necessarily in order :smalltongue: ):
Disintegrate. Disintegrate. Disintegrate. Disintegrate.

Or:
Stun. Blind. Kill. Disintegrate.

'Course those famous last words would be good too:
Read the handwriting, moron.
[The handwriting on the wall: I Prepared Explosive Runes this Morning]

There's so many delicious ways for Vaarsuvius' prediction to play itself out. :smallbiggrin:

motorfirebox
2007-01-27, 10:14 PM
"i gained a level!"

mockingbyrd7
2007-01-27, 10:22 PM
You are not prepared!!!!

. . . Ah, crap, wrong forum.

Nice, assuming you're quoting the "Burning Crusade" trailer? Just got the game today. :smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin:

mockingbyrd7
2007-01-27, 10:29 PM
Huh. This will tie into both Belkar's and V's prophecies. They are fighting on a cliff or something and Belkar tackles V and sends them hurdling off the edge to their deaths. As they are about to land:
"I LOVE YOU, BELKAR!!!"
Splat! Belkar is dead, Thog replaces him as the evil warrior, V's vengeful, spellcasting ghost gains ultimate power by the God of Doilies, goes insane, kills Xykon, takes Xykon's place on the quest for world domination, and Julia replaces V as the party's True Neutral wizard.

Now how's THAT for a wacky plot twist?