PDA

View Full Version : How's my work?

Lykan
2006-12-15, 02:36 AM
Okay... I know I've been doing avatar drawing for a while, but I still feel that my avatars aren't really up to par... Can you guys offer some advice? Critisism is appreciated, as long as it's constructive.

Here's my Photobucket Album (http://s75.photobucket.com/albums/i311/ChimeraHybrid/My%20avis/)

Please help...

Death, your friend the Reaper
2006-12-15, 04:22 AM
*Death twitches but votes for the >9 but <9.5 as opposed to the very tempting <.5.*

I are very fond of your avatars, and in particular the ones you have done for the iron avatarists recently. The attention to detail there is amazing.

Simius
2006-12-15, 12:50 PM
Your art is great, but you really could use some thicker lines. If you want to adhere to the Giant's style, that is.

Your eyebrows seem a bit long too.

(I voted 8.5 - 9)

Lord Herman
2006-12-15, 12:56 PM
I like your style, the snowwolf is awesome. As Simius said, the eyebrows are a tad long, and the lines should be a bit thicker (but not by much).

In the Rate the Avatar game, I'd rate most of your avvies around 8.5, and some of them 9.0. So I vote 8.5-9.0.

TinSoldier
2006-12-15, 11:00 PM
I like the long eyebrows, it adds a touch of your personal style. I think the lines could be thicker but not much; or leave them because they aren't bad.

I don't remember how many times I've voted for you in IA contests, but I'm sure that I have. Your composition and drawing technique are very good.

(*Looks up ego-boost in his spell book*)

Brickwall
2006-12-15, 11:22 PM
I'm with the Thicker Lines crowd. Otherwise, 9.

Lykan
2006-12-16, 12:30 AM
Okay... So should I trying bumping up line thickness +.25 pix? Or more?

Dispozition
2006-12-16, 12:36 AM
Well...If there was a 8.5-9.5 option, I would have chosen that, but I went with 9.0-9.5.

I just agree that you need thicker lines. But your avatars in general are very good. You're one of the few artists I refer to when making my own.

Mr_Saturn
2006-12-16, 02:15 AM
I actually went with the 8.0-8.5. Thats more of your average score. A few of your avatars are better and would get a higher score IMO

But I wont rate myself too high either.

Thicker lines are more pleasing to my eyes.

But i like your animals, keep drawing those. :biggrin:

Lykan
2006-12-16, 02:19 PM
Here's my primary attempt at thicker lines:

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i311/ChimeraHybrid/My%20avis/Death.png

Thoughts?

zegma
2006-12-16, 03:26 PM
nice pic, it dose look better with thicker lines. but i cant say much cuz i havnt seen too many of ur avys, but ur good at drawing animals i can tell.

Brickwall
2006-12-16, 11:24 PM
Outline the skeletal hands/arms. You forgot to, or neglected to. Either way.

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
2006-12-17, 12:39 AM
Always liked your work, Lykan. In fact, I can count on one of my avatar's hands the avatarists who do work I don't enjoy.

Lykan
2006-12-17, 03:34 AM
Outline the skeletal hands/arms. You forgot to, or neglected to. Either way.

Shouldn't need to. Look at Xykon.

Always liked your work, Lykan. In fact, I can count on one of my avatar's hands the avatarists who do work I don't enjoy.

Took me a moment to understand what you meant there. :smalltongue:

Now this... Thoughts?

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i311/ChimeraHybrid/My%20avis/Antony.gif

danielf
2006-12-23, 05:40 PM
i liked, i think there is some nice piece of work in there

Brickwall
2006-12-23, 11:23 PM
Too much detail on the clothes under the bandolier. The wrinkles are excessive. Also, something's up with that eyebrow line. Maybe it's loo long, or too straight. I can't tell.

mc skittlez ninja master
2006-12-27, 01:00 AM
I like it its great I want one as a ninja please make me one I don't care if you can I love ninjas do you love ninjas i like dragons too how bout you I wish I was a vampire i like nintendo make me a ninja avatar or tell me where to get your created one please i don't know.

"Why are'nt you all dead yet? Oh wait it's still tuesday."

*Shake* I need some more caffeine *shake*

:mitd: huh my name is mitd? i didn't know that!

No I really didn't.

Please?

mc skittlez ninja master
2006-12-27, 01:04 AM
can I use that one with the chain thingies?

Dispozition
2006-12-27, 02:43 AM
I like it its great I want one as a ninja please make me one I don't care if you can I love ninjas do you love ninjas i like dragons too how bout you I wish I was a vampire i like nintendo make me a ninja avatar or tell me where to get your created one please i don't know.

"Why are'nt you all dead yet? Oh wait it's still tuesday."

*Shake* I need some more caffeine *shake*

:mitd: huh my name is mitd? i didn't know that!

No I really didn't.

Please?

I'm sorry, but have you ever heard of grammar? I'll leave it up to Soulknife to get the average, but it would seem that you don't know where the fullstop and apostrophe keys are...Or shift...

And please don't double post, there is an edit button.

Lykan
2006-12-27, 10:48 AM
Too much detail on the clothes under the bandolier. The wrinkles are excessive. Also, something's up with that eyebrow line. Maybe it's loo long, or too straight. I can't tell.

What if say, they weren't winkles, and just a design?

... Because it is... I guess that's not too easy to tell, though.

And I agree with Dis. That's possibly the most annoying post I have read in a long time... And no, you cannot use it. I'm using it for something.