PDA

View Full Version : Feat idea?

jlousivy
2006-12-15, 03:40 AM
Improved Ki Blast
req: i don't know yet
benefit: you may use your Ki Blast as part of an attack action, you may use your unarmed strike base attack bonus. In addition each Ki Blast in secession will cost one additional stunning fist usage.
Example: bob monk lvl 11 has 4 attacks. As a full round action he may make up to 4 Ki Blasts. The combined total stunning fist uses will add up to:
2+3+4+5 = 14.
Normal: you may only cast 1 Ki Blast per round

what should the requirements be, and/or is it too overpowering to allow even with a high requirement?

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-15, 04:42 AM
Hmmm...

Well, Let me give you a spiffed-up version the way I would make this feat:

Improved Ki Blast [General]
You can make several ki blasts in succession.
Prerequisites:Dex 15, Wis 15, Fiery Fist, Improved Unarmed Strike, Ki Blast, Stunning Fist, BAB +10.
Benefit: You can create an orb of ki energy as a free action, thus allowing you to make a full attack with ki orbs. Ki orbs are treated as a special monk weapon, and each successive ki orb costs an additional use of Stunning Fist to create. You gain an additional daily use of Stunning Fist when you take this feat.
Normal: Creating an orb of ki energy is a move action that can only be done by someone with the Ki Blast feat.

jlousivy
2006-12-15, 01:01 PM
thank you :-) however, is it too good? too weak? or just right

edit: also what would the feat be like if it were to just create one ki blast, but stronger?
think..... spirit bomb o_O (i saw ki blast and thought dbz, o_O)

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-15, 01:10 PM
As for the balance, I'm not really sure.

My first reaction is to say "NO! DBZ = LAME! NO MORE MONKS SHOOTING BEAMS IN D&D!"

But then I realized that, if crafted properly, we could make monks into even more effective anti-casters than they are now. So let us by all means expand this feat chain. God knows non-casters need some love.

jlousivy
2006-12-15, 01:16 PM
Yeah, i definitely don't want to make my character Goku, but i want to go monk all the way to 20, with still being useful to the party

(granted, the party consists of a whole 2 people, me(monk) and a sorcerer
but it's an urban campaign so it'll be nice not hauling around clanky armour)
(i'm thinking alot of our loot will be healing potions)