PDA

View Full Version : My vampire house rule/related item

Fortinbro
2013-08-08, 10:01 AM
Vampires are immune to the effects of a mirror of opposition and gain regeneration equal to their fast healing. Their regeneration is stopped by silver weapons and natural sunlight. Vampires can be resurrected if but a single drop of mortal blood falls on their ashes. However, unless an entire body's worth of blood is used, the vampire must make a DC: 20 will save or fly into a starved blood frenzy and attack the nearest living creatures in sight.

Vampire in a Vial

Price: 25,000 (5 HD), 50,000 (10 HD), 75,000 (15 HD)

If ingested, at midnight the living creature gains 2 negative levels and is subjected to the vampire's domination attack unless they make a will save. When the body would die from negative levels, the spirit that is NOT in control at the time is sent to their afterlife. The body is then transformed into a vampire under the complete control of the controlling mind. If a creature that ingests a vampire's ashes drinks a flask of holy water mixed with garlic and silver shavings while bathed in the dawn's rays the vampire must make a will save DC: 30 or have their ashes and controlling spirit vomited out. A vampire that makes this save once is immune to expulsion via this method for the rest of the day.

Cheiromancer
2013-08-09, 09:07 AM
I don't understand the vampire in a vial.

Suppose I'm 8th level and drink the vial. A few hours later it strikes midnight and I take 2 negative levels. I make a save... vs what DC? Suppose I fail. Am I dominated by the vampire?

Or suppose I succeed in the save. Now what? Do I have to drink three more vials so that I can die of negative levels and maybe become a vampire? (Although with -8 to my saving throws, it will likely be the vampire that comes back.)