PDA

View Full Version : Regeneration and Crafting Components

Ruethgar
2013-08-08, 11:49 AM
If you were to play a creature that had regeneration and its body was made of a raw material substance(warforged, tremen, stone grunts, ents, etc. and the troll blooded feat) could you cut off a portion of yourself, work it into a magical item and then reattach it so long as you do so before it grows back?

CRtwenty
2013-08-08, 12:03 PM
Could you elaborate?

Are you talking about grafting a magic item into yourself? Or using parts of yourself as components for a magical item? Both are doable, but you'd need various other abilities to do either of them.

Ruethgar
2013-08-08, 12:14 PM
Both. Say a treant with the troll blood feat cuts off one hand and has enough skill to make a +1 iron-wooded tiger claw weapon out of it in less than three days. His hand can't have grown back yet so he puts the tiger claws to the stump and reattaches it as a full round action. Is the magic then lost? Technically it is still a weapon as an unarmed strike, the weapon type just changed. For armor it would be less clear cut but w/e.

Edit: Would you be able to skip the tiger claws bit and just craft an unarmed weapon?

sleepyphoenixx
2013-08-08, 12:20 PM
There are no rules about that afaik. As a DM i would say no because it's simply not intended. Maybe give you a cookie for a neat idea if i'm feeling nice. :smallbiggrin:

Also, Troll Blooded is only available to humans.

Ruethgar
2013-08-08, 12:29 PM
There are other ways to get regeneration that was just the quickest for example purposes. And although Frost Ice and Snow barbarians may typically be human only, they are barbarians, who knows how many women of other icy denizens they stole away to their villages.

Edit: Don't want to double post.

I suppose I could just do Craft Magic Tattoo. Going with AEG's Runewrite class so I was just thinking if I am already cutting off a chunk for a rune, why not make an item and regen it back on?