PDA

View Full Version : [M&M 3rd] Incorporeal inside Battlesuit

Reibello
2013-08-08, 02:34 PM
Hello! If I had a (permanently) incorporeal being inside a containment suit, my STR would be a nonability (or at least, I'd have no effective STR). If I wanted to be able to operate the battlesuit and punch people with it (and the enhanced strength in the suit), would I need anything besides a feature?

And if my Strength was a non-ability (or I have no effective STR), what would my STR start at for adding the Enhanced Strength 10 onto it?

Thanks!

Grod_The_Giant
2013-08-08, 03:00 PM
An absent ability "costs" -10 points, just like an ability at -5. So I think you'd switch from "absent" to "-5" at no cost, and then start buying it up.

However, there's probably a similar way of modeling this. If you're going for the standard "trapped in a containment suit" type character, I'd stat him up as if he were in the suit at all times. Leaking out is usually more of a complication, for such a character.

If you'd like to be able to go in and out of your suit, I'd use Morph 1, Metamorph to switch between a physical and incorporeal form. Leaving the suit behind could be a limit, quirk, or even a complication-- ask your GM.

Reibello
2013-08-08, 03:06 PM
Thanks! This looks like a much simpler way to do this!

So would you then not create the Battlesuit as Removable?

Grod_The_Giant
2013-08-08, 03:15 PM
So would you then not create the Battlesuit as Removable?
Not in this case, no. You certainly could do it that way, but, as you noticed, you'd wind up with a huge hassle converting insubstantial to substantial.

JeenLeen
2013-08-09, 10:00 AM
I think Grod the Giant's idea is better, but another option could be to buy the Strike power. Even with 0 Strength, your ranks in this power would let you do damage.
You could also have the Power-Lifting power to emulate the ability to lift things that your suit gives you.
Strike to do damage against folk or objects; Power-Lifting to lift. Both cost 1 per rank, so the same cost as Strength (although Strength also has some other benefits, like adding to Athletics rolls.)

Again, I don't think this is better way to do it, but if your DM doesn't allow the other, it could work (or at least I think it could.)