PDA

View Full Version : Dragonborn and Pregnancy

Ruethgar
2013-08-08, 03:25 PM
I know dragonborn can't breed true after the ritual but if a still pregnant woman takes the dragonborn transformation, is the baby transformed as well?

the_david
2013-08-08, 03:35 PM
I'd think Bahamut would have the sense to wait until after the delivery to transform the woman in a dragonborn.

karkus
2013-08-08, 03:38 PM
I... I...

This one's quite the stumper. :smalleek:

Larkas
2013-08-08, 03:39 PM
I'd think Bahamut would have the sense to wait until after the delivery to transform the woman in a dragonborn.

Or not to transform her at all, since she would have to split her time dedicating herself to Bahamut and to her child. Or at least she should. Let's not forget that this is a LG god we're talking about.

Really, this kind of question doesn't have a set answer, since there is no mention of the subject in the books. The best answer we can give is "what will happen is whatever the person telling the story wants to happen".

dascarletm
2013-08-08, 03:40 PM
the baby becomes an atropal.

Ruethgar
2013-08-08, 03:47 PM
the baby becomes an atropal.
O.O That thing is freaky.

How would Bahamut know she was pregnant with the BoEF? Naughty naughty dragon god! But I suppose under the BoEF rules, becoming dragonborn would count as shapeshifting and would either cause the death of the baby and severe injury of the mother or be automatically prevented... Pregnancy, the power to block the will of gods!

Xervous
2013-08-08, 07:19 PM
I solemnly swear I'm never taking a glance at the BoEF again.... in the next few months

But really, this is an interesting question. Does the mother give the baby total cover?

Vknight
2013-08-09, 12:31 AM
Simple

The Baby is fused to the mother and they become a
Child Dragonborn
Symbioted to a Adult Dragonborn

CRtwenty
2013-08-09, 01:30 AM
O.O That thing is freaky.

How would Bahamut know she was pregnant with the BoEF? Naughty naughty dragon god! But I suppose under the BoEF rules, becoming dragonborn would count as shapeshifting and would either cause the death of the baby and severe injury of the mother or be automatically prevented... Pregnancy, the power to block the will of gods!

BoEF isn't official anyway.
There aren't any rules regarding this, so this is a situation that is entirely up to the DM to decide.