PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 Fey Sorcerer help

Blackhawk748
2013-08-09, 12:31 PM
As of right now im not sure what restrictions i will have on my campaign other than we will be starting somewhere between levels 5-8, so for right now im just looking for some basic suggestions. Obviously i will be taking the Fey Heritage feats, but i would like to be a half fey, so if someone could point me at a good template that would be awesome. Also a PrC that fits this theme would be awesome.

Urpriest
2013-08-09, 12:34 PM
Half-Fey isn't too bad, though it is LA +2. It gives a lot of nice SLAs, and there's a Savage Progression for it (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/sp/20040213a).

Larkas
2013-08-09, 12:40 PM
Just to be clear, this is 3.5 we're talking about, right?

Anyways, there are both half-fey (LA +2) and feytouched (LA +1) templates/races. Both can be found in the Fiend Folio (and their Savage Progression in this article (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/sp/20040213a)). They're your best bet.

EDIT: Partially Swordsage'd.

Blackhawk748
2013-08-09, 12:49 PM
Half fey looks fun, except i would rather not have the wings, so ill prbly go with Feytouched just for the feel. That or say screw it and just grab all the Fey Heritage feats.

Edit: Looking at the Savage Progression i may only take one level in it so i get the Fey feel but no friggin butterfly wings.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2013-08-09, 01:15 PM
Half fey looks fun, except i would rather not have the wings, so ill prbly go with Feytouched just for the feel. That or say screw it and just grab all the Fey Heritage feats.

Edit: Looking at the Savage Progression i may only take one level in it so i get the Fey feel but no friggin butterfly wings.

Say the wings resemble those of some other type of insect, such as a dragonfly or a wasp.

Buy off the level adjustment (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/races/reducingLevelAdjustments.htm), especially with a primary caster. Start out with the first point of half-fey before your first class level, after three class levels you can buy it off. Gain the second point of half-fey next, and after three more class levels you can buy off that one. You end up down 9k xp instead of two entire levels, and being lower level than the rest of the party you'll eventually catch back up.

Larkas
2013-08-09, 01:18 PM
I forgot to mention the Unseelie Fey template from Dragon Compendium. If you can land your hands on that book, that template is juicy!

Auramis
2013-08-09, 01:34 PM
I forgot to mention the Unseelie Fey template from Dragon Compendium. If you can land your hands on that book, that template is juicy!

Wouldn't that make it harder to interact with Seelie fey, should he come across any?

Larkas
2013-08-09, 01:46 PM
Wouldn't that make it harder to interact with Seelie fey, should he come across any?

Yes. Yes it would. :smallamused:

Seriously now, it could. It depends on his DM's take on the Seelie/Unseelie Courts. Unseelie creatures aren't to blame if they were born that way, after all. Regardless, the stock Seelie Court is purist bordering on the eugenism. At its core, a creature with the Unseelie Fey template should be regarded the same as a Half-Fey and maybe even a Feytouched creature.