PDA

View Full Version : The Untouchable Kineticist, A Force-Based Warlock [Incomplete, D&D 3.5 Base Class]

Arkhaic
2013-08-09, 12:40 PM
No, this is not anywhere near finished. I am posting it in this state because after repeatedly previewing for a while the forum tends to delete the post I'm working on, which is annoying and wastes my time. I will be editing this post as I work on the class. Feedback is appreciated...after I actually get something down that can be commented on.

The Untouchable Kineticist

Design Notes:I was inspired to make this class while reading through Tome of Battle and the Spellshaping Codex, particularly by the counters section.
{table=head]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special |
Kinetic Blast Damage

1st|+0|+0|+2|+2|Kinetic Blast, Least Manipulations, Bonus Feat|
1d6

2nd|+1|+0|+3|+3||
1d6

3rd|+2|+1|+3|+3||
2d6

4th|+3|+1|+4|+4||
2d6

5th|+3|+1|+4|+4||
3d6

6th|+4|+2|+5|+5||
3d6

7th|+5|+2|+5|+5||
4d6

8th|+6/+1|+2|+6|+6||
4d6

9th|+6/+1|+3|+6|+6||
5d6

10th|+7/+2|+3|+7|+7||
5d6

11th|+8/+3|+3|+7|+7||
6d6

12th|+9/+4|+4|+8|+8||
6d6

13th|+9/+4|+4|+8|+8||
7d6

14th|+10/+5|+4|+9|+9||
7d6

15th|+11/+6/+1|+5|+9|+9||
8d6

16th|+12/+7/+2|+5|+10|+10||
8d6

17th|+12/+7/+2|+5|+10|+10||
9d6

18th|+13/+8/+3|+6|+11|+11||
9d6

19th|+14/+9/+4|+6|+11|+11||
10d6

20th|+15/+10/+5|+6|+12|+12||
10d6

[/table]
Alignment: Any
Hit Die: 1d6

Class Skills:
Concentration, Craft (Any), Know(Arcana, Local), Profession, Spellcraft, Tumble, Balance,
Skill Points at 1st Level: (2 + Int modifier) × 4
Skill Points at Each Additional Level: 2 + Int modifier

Class Features:
All of the following are class features of the Untouchable Kineticist.

Weapon and Armor Proficiency
Untouchable Kineticists are proficient with all simple weapons. They are proficient with light armor but not with shields.

Because the somatic components required for Manipulations are relatively simple, a Kineticist can use any of his Manipulations while wearing light armor without incurring the normal arcane spell failure chance. However, like arcane spellcasters, a Kineticist wearing medium or heavy armor or using a shield incurs a chance of arcane spell failure (all Manipulations, including Kinetic Blast, have a somatic component). A multiclass Kineticist still incurs the normal arcane spell failure chance for arcane spells received from levels in other classes.

Manipulations: Manipulations are spell-like abilities usable at-will. They are nearly identical to Invocations (see Complete Arcane) in most respects, however there are a few differences: Unlike Invocations, Manipulations take the action specified in their description to activate. Most Manipulations target the Kineticist or an ally, and as such are not usually subject to spell resistance.

Kinetic Blast: The Kinetic Blast is the bread and butter of more forceful Kineticists. In the most basic form it is a blast of raw force, but more advanced versions can perform ranged trips and other combat maneuvers.

A Kinetic Blast is a ray with a range of 60 feet. It is a ranged touch attack, normally only affects one target and allows no saving throw. Kinetic Blasts deal Force damage according to the column "Kinetic Blast Damage". Spell resistance functions in the same way as energy resistance against a normal Kinetic Blast (certain feats, such as Hellfire Infusion* change the energy type and make the Kinetic Blast no longer subject to this spell resistance.)

Using a Kinetic Blast is an Attack Action, as such iterative attacks can be made with it.

Bonus Feat: At the levels specified on the class table, the Kineticist gains a [Meta-Blast] or [Manipulation] feat.

Arkhaic
2013-08-09, 12:42 PM
Least Manipulations:

Reversed Momentum: Opponent is pulled towards the Kineticist
Drain Momentum: Lowers the targets speed and increases the speed of an ally
Sunder: Break object using Kinetic Blast damage roll
Reaction Shot: Counter 1 ranged attack with a Kinetic Blast

Arkhaic
2013-08-09, 12:44 PM
Reserve post for Feats and ACFs