PDA

View Full Version : Has Mr. Burlew published a campaign setting for OotS?

MtlGuy
2013-08-09, 05:37 PM
I noticed the articles about world building and such... but is there a straight up campaign setting for OotS?

Yuki Akuma
2013-08-09, 05:40 PM
No, he hasn't.

Psyborg
2013-08-13, 10:56 AM
He quite likely never will. It is known that when Wizards of the Coast had the contest that resulted in the Eberron setting, Mr. Burlew's submission was the first runner-up. Mr. Burlew is bound by a nondisclosure agreement (NDA), and the submission and all rights to it are wholly owned by Wizards under the terms of the contest to which it was submitted. Although unknown, it seems likely that his submission was the same as the setting of OotS, or at least that it contained numerous similar distinctive features. As such, unless Wizards suddenly and mysteriously decides to publish it, we won't be seeing the Burlewverse any time soon.

Sadly.

See below.

Mando Knight
2013-08-13, 10:59 AM
Actually, I'm pretty sure that Rich has stated that the OotS world is most definitely not his contest submission so as to avoid IP issues, though there may be some thematic similarities.

AuraTwilight
2013-08-13, 04:47 PM
Either way, I doubt an OOTS setting is in the cards until the comic is done running.