PDA

View Full Version : Staying active with negative HP

Asteron
2013-08-09, 06:10 PM
Is there a spell that allows a character to stay active when they fall into the negatives? In one of my campaigns, a character is going to cast Delay Death from time to time on himself but it doesn't really help if he can't stay up and active during a fight. Are there any spells that work with this to keep him up?

I know that Delay Death is kinda playing with fire, but it is sometimes useful.

olentu
2013-08-09, 06:19 PM
Beastland ferocity. The latest printing is in the spell compendium I believe.

Big Fau
2013-08-09, 06:52 PM
There's also the Shape Soulmeld (Rage Claws) feat.

Tar Palantir
2013-08-09, 07:00 PM
Also, just because a character is unconscious doesn't mean they aren't contributing. Shield Other synergizes brilliantly with Delay Death; we had an archivist in my level 11 party who almost made it to -200 hit points before the BBEG finally got around to dispelling his Delay Death and gibbing him. The damage soaking definitely made a difference for the other two party members.

Sephoris
2013-08-09, 07:05 PM
If you're in Pathfinder, and you've got a couple feats free, you can use Diehard. 3.5 has Diehard as well, but comparatively it's terrible: 3.5 Diehard lets you stay conscious from -1 to -9, while PF Diehard lets you stay conscious anywhere between -1 and dead.

Krazzman
2013-08-10, 01:53 AM
If you're in Pathfinder, and you've got a couple feats free, you can use Diehard. 3.5 has Diehard as well, but comparatively it's terrible: 3.5 Diehard lets you stay conscious from -1 to -9, while PF Diehard lets you stay conscious anywhere between -1 and dead.

as far as I know this is similar for both(barring certain spells/feats). The difference is in PF you have from -1 to Con Score.