2013-08-09, 10:09 PM
Question: What is your favorite lesser outsider

Rules: Can't use assimar or tiefling.

Snowbluff
2013-08-10, 12:04 AM
What was it? Fey'ri?

Thurbane
2013-08-10, 12:07 AM
Mechanatrix. Cyborg dude who heals from electricity.

Kuulvheysoon
2013-08-10, 12:31 AM
Zenythris are pretty cool, and I'm (admittedly) a fan of Gloamings.

EDIT: And I believe you mean favorite Planetouched, not favorite lesser Outsider.

Manly Man
2013-08-10, 01:26 AM
I'm all for the ifrits myself, from Pathfinder.

Elricaltovilla
2013-08-10, 10:43 AM
Fetchlings from Pathfinder are a big favorite of mine.

Eldan
2013-08-10, 11:07 AM
Planetouched, you mean? Chaonds have fun fluff, even if their rules aren't all that interesting. Windlings, if I can use my own creations.

Psyren
2013-08-10, 11:48 AM
Seconding Ifrits and Fetchlings.

ShurikVch
2013-08-10, 12:29 PM
Petitioners - because anyone can be petitioner.

Tokuhara
2013-08-10, 01:09 PM
Axani from Dragon Magazine. The Spock mentality + Wizard/Cleric friendliness + Law Above All Things (From the Plane of Law) = Mystic Theurge Judge (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aaubVlhNK4)

Werephilosopher
2013-08-10, 08:49 PM
Fetchlings and Gloamings- gotta love Shadow Plane denizens.

Xefas
2013-08-10, 08:50 PM
Pit Fiends. Evr'rybody's lesser to somebody.

Eldan
2013-08-10, 08:56 PM
In that case, Juiblex, the least demon prince. I like oozes.

Mithril Leaf
2013-08-10, 11:32 PM
I like Cansins for Malconvoker builds personally. +2 int and cha.

Lateral
2013-08-11, 02:24 AM
Pit Fiends. Evr'rybody's lesser to somebody.

Well, then, I'm going with Asmodeus, because he's at least lesser to the Lady of Pain.

Yuki Akuma
2013-08-11, 04:28 AM
I like Coure, the lowest of the Eladrin celestials.

They're adorable little fairy-angels, what's not to love?

Eldan
2013-08-11, 05:56 AM
Well, then, I'm going with Asmodeus, because he's at least lesser to the Lady of Pain.

Wouldn't bet on that. He may just be a multiversal principle and he can certainly project a lot more power than she can over a much greater area.

Lateral
2013-08-11, 10:17 AM
Wouldn't bet on that. He may just be a multiversal principle and he can certainly project a lot more power than she can over a much greater area.
The Lady of Pain has obliterated greater deities. With little to no effort. Asmodeus is incredibly powerful, and possibly more powerful than any god, ever, but he can't do that.

Eldan
2013-08-11, 10:31 AM
The Lady of Pain has obliterated greater deities. With little to no effort. Asmodeus is incredibly powerful, and possibly more powerful than any god, ever, but he can't do that.

That argument cuts both ways. The Lady is not granting spells to anyone. She has no cults and no armies across the planes. She does not rule worlds, she rules a city which no one ever saw her leave. She has never cast a spell. For all purposes, it seems she can not or does not speak.

We also don't know much effort it cost her to take Aoskar down. We don't have any statblock of the Lady. She may be very limited in other aspects.

Lateral
2013-08-11, 10:47 AM
That argument cuts both ways. The Lady is not granting spells to anyone. She has no cults and no armies across the planes.
Well, the reason for that is that she destroys anyone who tries to worship her. That doesn't really mean anything.

She does not rule worlds, she rules a city which no one ever saw her leave.
That city is Sigil. It's at the center of all worlds.

She has never cast a spell. For all purposes, it seems she can not or does not speak.[/quote]
Those aren't really weaknesses. If you can destroy greater deities, why do you need to cast spells? Greater deities usually have some form of spellcasting, and their clerics always do. If she can defeat one, then spells won't be stopping her.

We don't have any statblock of the Lady. She may be very limited in other aspects.
That's extremely speculative. You could use the same logic for Asmodeus. Unless he has a statblock somewhere, in which case of course the Lady of Pain could defeat him- if it has a statblock, it can be killed.

...But this is kind of off-topic. To actually answer the OP's question, I'm a huge fan of mechanatrices, mostly because electricity healing is an awesome ability.

Ruethgar
2013-08-11, 11:19 AM
BoVD has Asmodeus, but that is before he devoured the divine power of Mystara I believe.

Not an outsider per se (can get a feat to become one), but I like the Deep Imaskari especially since non-heightened metamagic spells still have a spell level of the original spell. Twin repeat magic missiles, lol(not the best use just fun to mini machine gun)!