PDA

View Full Version : The Temple of Inari XXXIII

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Fenric
2006-12-15, 05:41 PM
You have entered the temple of Inari, in her capacity as the Goddess of Foxes.

You walk down an elegant white gravel pathway between full-grown pines. Stone lanterns provide a pure white light to the path, while casting elegant shadows among the trees.

At the end of the pathway, a bright red gate stands. A large fox carved from white alabaster gleams at each side of the gate. As you pass between the foxes and through the gate, you feel the presence of the goddess. Gentle and caring, but mischievous and lighthearted, you are never quite certain what will happen.

Past the exquisite formal gardens, you finally step into the pagoda itself. There, at the end of chamber is a raised dais. There rests a statue of a beautiful werefox woman, flanked by two snow-white celestial foxes. Offerings of rice and incense stand before the statue.

In a niche off to the right side of the door sits a Fox-Cola vending machine. Next to the coin slot, the sign reads "10 cp";.

To the left side of the door is a magic mirror. This mirror is actually a portal to Trog's Tavern.

Profile for Inari

Alignment: Chaotic Good
Primary Domains: Good, Plant, Chaos, Healing
Secondary Domains: Magic, Sun, Animal, Trickery, Knowledge, Water
Forbidden Domains: Evil, Law, War, Death, Destruction

Goddess of the cultivation and growth of rice, including rice products. This gives her minor coverage for fertility. She is also the racial goddess of foxes, werefoxes, and kitsune.

Priest Granted Powers

Rice Paddy: Once per day
As Entangle, but the ground changes to knee-deep mud, and instead of creepers, mature rice plants twist and writhe to grapple anything in the area.

Sushi Bar: Once per day
You create rice, fish, and sake. You can create enough to feed one medium sized creature for each two caster levels.

Summon Celestial Fox: Special
You summon an image of Myobi (if you are a priestess) or Myobu (if you are a priest). The fox has HD equal to your level plus your wisdom bonus. In combat, the fox fights the same as a normal fox, but with appropriate bonuses for HD.

Cumulative Fox Abilities
{table="Head"]Priest Level|Times per Day|Special
1|1|Fight, scout, and Cure Minor Wounds
3|2|Cure Light Wounds
5|3|Status
7|4|Magic Circle Against Evil
9|4|Cure Serious Wounds[/table]
Temple Facilities

Everything but the Sanctuary and Garden has Dimensional Lock. The entire facility is Hallowed as per the spell with the Bless effect.

- Sanctuary: the main sanctuary has the altar. This is where you must pray to speak to the goddess directly. There is a general magic circle in the center of the room.

- Meditation Gardens: accessed through a door at the far end of the sanctuary. This is a standard zen garden with raked gravle, shady nooks, picturesque pines, stone lanterns, and small intricate bridges. An artifical stream hosts large koi, and a grand cherry tree resides on a picturesque island in the middle of a good sized pond. A female water dragon named Ayame ("Iris", as in the flower) resides in the pond, but is rarely seen.

- Priest's Quarters: accessed by going down the stairs "halfway down the sanctuary, to the right", which leads to a covered pathway (technically under the garden). A cluster of japanese style paper-wall buildings.

- Summoning chamber: A small building set apart from the others with solid stone walls, a sturdy roof, and a thick adamantine door. Inside; the obsidian ceiling, walls and floors are crawling with glowing silvery magical sigils. Literally crawling, the magic writing moves even as you look at it. In the very center of the room is a summoning circle of gold, platinum, and gemstones. The design is intricate beyond belief and it is worth wondering if even living creatures might find themselves bound inside should the priests wish it.

High Priest
Fenric (PC)

Council of Head Priests
{table]Chairman / Head of Services|Exachix NorZilliar (PC)
Head of Clerics|Atreyu, The Masked Llama (PC)
Head of Accounts|Valathe (PC, Hoseki)
Head of Healers|Elya (PC, Earin)|Head of Facilities
Head of Facilities|Hachiro (NPC)[/table]Priests

Aramir (PC, Kyrian/Ares)
Rain (PC)
Aikidu (PC, guest cleric: not a priest of Inari)
DF (PC, guest cleric: not a priest of Inari)
Fantastic Mr. Fox (PC, Roald Dahl Beholder)
Fenhai (PC, Gezina, guest cleric (of Kyrian!), not a priest of Inari)
Mhina (PC, Wukei, Healer (not a cleric at all))

Knight Defenders of the Faith

This is a prestige class developed with the help of Fenric, Earin, Kantur, Planeshifter, Rilik, Exachix, and Psionic Devotee.

Here is the SRD-style Description. (http://homepage.mac.com/stocksdale_tx/KnightDefenderOfInari.html)

Earin (PC)
Ilias (PC)
Aikidu (PC)

Temple Maps
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g265/ttstocks/TempleSide.gif
Sanctuary Cutaway View
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g265/ttstocks/NewTempleMap.gif
Ground Floor
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g265/ttstocks/TempleUnderground.gif
Underground Temple of Hleid = (Frost Chamber) on the map.

Destro_Yersul
2006-12-15, 05:43 PM
((Repost))
Who's still here? Destro looks out from behind the pillar again. Then he realizes something. The mirror.. I wonder if they can track that?

McBish
2006-12-15, 05:44 PM
Oh I'm so sorry, I guess I'll have to give you a kiss to make it all better. She gives him a kiss.

Exachix
2006-12-15, 05:45 PM
The priest and priestess consider shaking their heads, then cringe.

"Well, Valathe would have our guts if we said no..."
"But we're here to help. Any donations you want to give us go in the donations box."

Fenric
2006-12-15, 05:45 PM
Kazuki tilts his head at Destro hiding beind the pillar

Destro?

Kyrian
2006-12-15, 05:46 PM
It's amazing, your kiss has healed my heart. I have to spend the rest of my life with you. Kyrian holds Lillah close.

Destro_Yersul
2006-12-15, 05:46 PM
Kazuki? Who, where? Are they watching? Destro looks around, as if he expects the Nine to be hiding in the shadows.

The Unit
2006-12-15, 05:47 PM
The women smiles "Well I am unfamiliar with your magic. How much would that normally cost?"
The other women quickly checks the mans wounds.

McBish
2006-12-15, 05:48 PM
Fine then, it is settled.

Kyrian
2006-12-15, 05:49 PM
Lillah, in all seriousness, I don't know what I'd do without you in my life.

McBish
2006-12-15, 05:51 PM
Well than I guess we won't have to ever find out. Right?

Fenric
2006-12-15, 05:51 PM
Kazuki concentrates for a moment

Nobody's here who shouldn't be. Oh, and mind which door you take if you leave. The dark one goes back to my home, which ok. The misty one goes to Ravenloft, so watch out.

Exachix
2006-12-15, 05:52 PM
The Priestess smiles.

"Well... I suppose it's free really, so whatever you feel like... 1 gp per heal?"
"Yeah.. I'm sure if we only said it cost about 1 gp Valathe wouldn't kill us."
"But really, whatever you feel like. I'm sure Valathe wouldn't mind us not making you pay. Well... she may..."
"She'd get over it."
"Oh ok. say what.. 15 sp? That's a one heal, one half price heal."
"Yeah... unless you don't have that much... well, whatever you feel like."

Kyrian
2006-12-15, 05:54 PM
No, we'll never have to.

The Unit
2006-12-15, 05:56 PM
"It is fine, I don't need the charity." She checks a pouch and smiles, "well maybe a little. How about 10 gp. You saved my best scout."
"Really Lily, I'm your best?"
"Shut it Donte." She hands the priest 10 gp. "Thank you."

Destro_Yersul
2006-12-15, 05:56 PM
Right. Was gonna take the mirror. Ravenloft. Wouldn't want to go there, even if I'd be safer there than here. But they'd find me. No matter where I go, I can't escape them.

McBish
2006-12-15, 05:57 PM
Lillah leans up against Kyrian.

Hoseki
"TEN GOLD!" shrieks Valathe suddenly. "Sweet Inari, have you not read the DMG?!"

Exachix
The priestess smiles as the Priest takes it.

"Always happy to help."
"Always."

The pair then try and run.

((Acutally... No. Well, yes... But do you expect me to remember things like that?

"Yes."

Shut it Exachix. They are your priests. You need to Teach them!))

The Unit
2006-12-15, 05:58 PM
The trio decide it is a good time to leave and head out the door.

Kyrian
2006-12-15, 06:00 PM
Kyrian holds Lillah close.

Hoseki
2006-12-15, 06:02 PM
Valathe snarls and whips out a book, muttering darkly about ridiculous underpricing while she makes a note it it. "Ten gold! That's the cost of a first level spell cast by a first level spellcaster!"

Exachix
2006-12-15, 06:04 PM
The pair slowly pace away, heading to the stairs, not wishing to be reprimanded by Valathe.

McBish
2006-12-15, 06:05 PM
So what now?

Hoseki
2006-12-15, 06:06 PM
She looks up suddenly and points a quivering pen at the two. "You and you. Fishpond. Very clean. Now."

Destro_Yersul
2006-12-15, 06:08 PM
Destro decides to find out if the Nine can track the mirror. Plus he needs a drink very badly. He darts across the sanctuary and dives through the mirror.

Kyrian
2006-12-15, 06:09 PM
Whatever my princess wants.

Fenric
2006-12-15, 06:10 PM
As Kazuki is not about to suggest that anyone go to Ravenloft on purpose, even if it is unlikely that random powerful spellcasters could actually go there without ending up lords of a little domain: he waves to Destro.

Kazuki turns to Izumi

Maybe we should take the naga out of our pond so we can use it for punishment like they do here.

Izumi tilts her head

They punish people with nagas here?

Kazuki shakes his head

No: cleaning the pond. Not the naga.

Exachix
2006-12-15, 06:10 PM
The pair spin around and sigh, before heading out to the fishpond, shooting upset looks at Valathe and 'save us' looks at Kazuki, before heading out to the pond.

Karaki looks at Valathe.

"They are just priests, do you think they have read the DMG?"

McBish
2006-12-15, 06:12 PM
Hm... I don't no, I am enjoying sitting here with you.

Deadly
2006-12-15, 06:13 PM
[Garden]
Ayame swims around the pond ((not the fishpond)), looking a bit worried as she glances around the garden.

Kyrian
2006-12-15, 06:15 PM
I am enjoying it too. I always enjoy holding you in my arms.

Hoseki
2006-12-15, 06:15 PM
"Hah! I don't care about the stuff on varient rules. I'm going to print out the bit on NPC spellcasting pricing and give it to everyone." Valathe snorts and makes another note.

Exachix
2006-12-15, 06:17 PM
[Fish Pond]

The Priestess and the Priest begin cleaning out the fish pond, grumbling about Valathe, sometimes looking around and at the sky.

[Sanc.]

Karaki looks at Valathe.

"Ohkay... why don't you just let them decide on the prices themselves?"

Destro_Yersul
2006-12-15, 06:17 PM
The fourth wall glares at Valathe.

Hoseki
2006-12-15, 06:18 PM
Valathe glares at the fourth wall and turns back to Karaki. "Because, apparently, they'll underprice them."

Exachix
2006-12-15, 06:19 PM
((The 4th wall is still here? I thought Ted's Birthday would have scared it away.... So much damage to it!))

Karaki nodds.

"Ok, but they are the ones performing the spells, they alone know the effort it takes to cast them, and all the misc. costs."

McBish
2006-12-15, 06:20 PM
Hm... seems like they are cleaning the pond, maybe we should go somewhere else.

Kyrian
2006-12-15, 06:21 PM
And where would you like to go?

McBish
2006-12-15, 06:22 PM
Hm... I don't know. Somewhere new?

Exachix
2006-12-15, 06:25 PM
((Sorry! I feal bad for making you move! Ignore them! They are just NPCs! Sorry!))

Kyrian
2006-12-15, 06:27 PM
Somewhere new? Where is there that we haven't gone?

Deadly
2006-12-15, 06:29 PM
Ayame glides out of the pond and turns to her elvish form before walking off to the sanctuary. She stops in the door and looks in.

McBish
2006-12-15, 06:31 PM
((That is fine we had been sitting there a bit just needed a excuse.))
Have you ever been to Hank's?

Fenric
2006-12-15, 06:33 PM
Kazuki and Izumi wave to Ayame.

Ayame! How are you doing tonight?

Kyrian
2006-12-15, 06:34 PM
I'm not really proud to say I have, but I'd love to be there with you.

Exachix
2006-12-15, 06:35 PM
Karaki sighs and goes back to sleep, sitting, leaning against the wall.

McBish
2006-12-15, 06:35 PM
She raises an eyebrow. It seemed like a nice place.

Deadly
2006-12-15, 06:37 PM
Ayame waves a bit shyly at Kazuki and Izumi. I'm fine. I was wondering if you have seen or heard from Ilias?

Kyrian
2006-12-15, 06:38 PM
I don't argue that it's a nice place. It's just last time I was there, I wasn't with the best of company. It's obvious Kyrian feels a little awkward talking about it.

McBish
2006-12-15, 06:39 PM
Well now you are. Shall we go?

Kyrian
2006-12-15, 06:42 PM
Teleport again?

McBish
2006-12-15, 06:43 PM
Sounds good to me.

Kyrian
2006-12-15, 06:43 PM
Kyrian and Lillah vanish.

Deadly
2006-12-15, 08:47 PM
Ayame decides to wait and returns to the pond

Fenric
2006-12-15, 09:54 PM
(( Sorry, Ilias. I ran out of time and forgot to post here. ))

Kazuki and Izumi recover from their unanounced coma.
[hr]
The foxes head off to bed. The night-shift NPC priests mourn the lost opportunity to instill more suggestions to the llama.

Kenyon
2006-12-17, 01:35 AM
Phil walks up to the outside of the temple, and sits down in a concealed area, where he can still see people walking in and out.

"Man, I always get stuck on these damn scoutin' missions."

Some time later, Jackie comes up from the Dead-Eye, and walks into the temple.

"Anyone still up?"

The night shift priests greet Jackie. "Greetings, Jacqueline. How can we help you this evening?"

Jackie nods. "Hey, guys. Any news on Ken?"

The priest shakes his head. "I'm afraid Kenyon is still in the realm of Ravenloft."

Jackie sighs, and nods. "Alright. I'll check by later. Thanks, guys."

During this whole time, Phil hears the conversation from his concealed location. "Hmm, one of Kenyon's friends, huh? Maybe I can get some more information from her..."

As Jackie walks out of the temple, Phil approaches her. "Excuse me, I'm lookin' for some information on...hello..." His tone changes as he looks at Jackie. "What's a sweet lookin' thing like you doin' with a chump like Kenyon?"

Jackie glares at Phil. "What business is it to you, jackass?"

"Aw, c'mon, baby, don't be that way! I just want some information on Kenyon! I'll even make it worth your while..." He gives her a little pelvic thrust, in case his flirting wasn't being laid on thick enough.

"No means NO!" Jackie shouts, as she delivers a quick knee to Phil's Trouser Titan. Phil yelps in pain, and collapses next to the walkway, as Jackie gives him another kick to the chest, and walks back to the Dead-Eye.

Exachix
2006-12-17, 03:21 AM
The priest and priestess whom were left for the fish pond, finish their work and begin to wander, tiredly, around the Sanctuary, soon, the priestess yawns and the pair go off to bed.

Fenric
2006-12-17, 10:13 AM
Kazuki and Izumi wander out into the sanctuary and look around

wxdruid
2006-12-17, 02:46 PM
Jesion pads into the Temple and heads for the garden, where she stretches out and takes a catnap.

Deadly
2006-12-17, 04:04 PM
Aeri walks in, carrying an unconcious man. A priest comes over and bows "The blessings of Inari on you. Anything we can help with?" Aeri nods This man needs rest, he's been through much. I think he'll recover on his own, but keep an eye on him just to be sure. the priest nods and calls over another priest to help carry the man to the hospital "Don't worry, we will take care of him. Oh, and remember to take the bright door out." Aeri smiles and bows before leaving, through the bright door.

Aikifox
2006-12-17, 06:20 PM
Aikidu walks into the temple, noting the lack of persons of note. He walks over to the magic circle and sits on the edge, waiting, quietly.

Fenric
2006-12-17, 06:21 PM
Kazuki and Izumi wake up and look around to see who's there.

Aikifox
2006-12-17, 06:26 PM
Aikidu yawns a bit, and as consequence his chainmail hairguard clinks quietly. He jumps a bit, having forgotten it was there, and grumbles slightly.

Fenric
2006-12-17, 06:29 PM
Kazuki look over

Um... hello. You must be Aikidu. We've technically met, but a lot has changed...

I am Kazuki, one of Fenric and Myobi's sons.

Aikifox
2006-12-17, 06:33 PM
Aikidu turns his head and goes to stand in the presence of the boy, bowing his head a bit.

Oh! Hello! But my you've grown.

Fenric
2006-12-17, 06:39 PM
Kazuki grins

Thanks... it's been an interesting time since Mom's time-acceleration wore off. Some good, some not so good.

Kazuki looks at the doors

Mind the doors, by the way.

(( Aiki will notice there are three doors where there should have been one: one is "normal", one is dark and shadowy, and one is shrouded in mist ))

Hoseki
2006-12-17, 06:41 PM
Valathe hums to herself as she rakes gravel in the gardens.

Aikifox
2006-12-17, 06:44 PM
Aiki glances over at the doors and blinks.

Well... that's new...

He nods his head and stands back up, leaning to a side casually. He motions towards the doors and asks; So... what's the story there?

Fenric
2006-12-17, 06:48 PM
Kazuki looks troubled

Dad merged the three temples: This one, the one on the Plain of Shadows, and the one in his homeland in Ravenloft.

He did it so people who wanted to help could get there easily... because that's where he is now. He's trying to stop the Dark Powers from attacking all the time, but there is a possibility that he will end up trapped forever, along with everyone who tries to help him.

The three doors go to each of the three places

Aikifox
2006-12-17, 06:53 PM
Aikidu blinks and nods, looking at the doors out of the corner of his eye.

Interesting... I guess I'm facing a dilemma then.

He sighs inwardly and looks over at Kazuki. With a small smile he shakes his head and looks away.

Don't worry... he'll make it back... he's too devoted to his family and to this temple to fail... I hope...

Fenric
2006-12-17, 06:57 PM
Kazuki smiles

I truly hope so.

Kazuki's smile melts into a troubled expression

In the meanwhile, I am charged with keeping all three temples running smoothly

Aikifox
2006-12-17, 07:03 PM
Aikidu smirks a bit and tips his torc, looking back at Kazuki.

Well... you can count on my support for that.

Fenric
2006-12-17, 07:12 PM
Kazuki smiles

Thanks. Someone is bound to try to take advantage of my father's absence eventually...

Aikifox
2006-12-17, 07:15 PM
Aikidu chuckles a bit and nods, looking around the temple.

Yeah... And when they do, they'll have to deal with me, among other things.

He smirks and sighs a bit.

Got to admit though, it is a big task for one person. I'm surprised Fenric managed with just one temple, course he managed to delegate pretty well.

Fenric
2006-12-17, 07:19 PM
Kazuki smiles

My father had a lot of experience in leading people before he ever came here. I just hope I can do him justice

Aikifox
2006-12-17, 07:22 PM
Aikidu chuckles and nods his head slightly.

You're going to do fine. It's not like it's that easy to screw up either. This place has good people in it, and I'm certain one of us will point you in the right direction if need be.

You'll make your father proud, I can see it.

Fenric
2006-12-17, 07:24 PM
Kazuki grins somewhat embarrassedly

Thanks, Aikidu

Aikifox
2006-12-17, 07:29 PM
Aikidu nods and smiles. Heh, anytime, lad, anytime. So how have YOU been, for you it must seem like ages ago that we 'met'.

Fenric
2006-12-17, 07:44 PM
Kazuki winces

Well... I was promted to the high priest of the Temple of Shadow Foxes on the Plane of Shadows. But I... um... didn't tell Dad right away. Then I kinda... let Loki.. out... and uh... was a bit... banished... for a while.

Kazuki looks at the floor and fidgets with his robe

Aikifox
2006-12-17, 07:46 PM
Aikidu winces aswell and holds up his paws.

Heh, heh... um... eventful... he seems somewhat embarassed himself, almost sorry that he'd asked.

Fenric
2006-12-17, 07:51 PM
Kazuki nods, then smiles somewhat

I got married!

But he doesn't seem convinced that it is one of the good things that happened

Aikifox
2006-12-17, 07:57 PM
Aikidu blinks and his ears perk slightly. Upon his face lies an obvious 'buh?' expression, as he begins to ask to whom.

But... and... who?

Fenric
2006-12-17, 07:58 PM
Kazuki grins, also noticeably falsely

Um... you remember Izumi, the channeller?

Aikifox
2006-12-17, 08:00 PM
Aikidu thinks back and recalls somebody by that name.

Wasn't she the one who went with Alraune to the glacier?

Fenric
2006-12-17, 08:02 PM
Kazuki nods

That's her.

Aikifox
2006-12-17, 08:03 PM
Aikidu nods and chuckles a bit.

Well, good for you. Though... personally I'd have waited till I was older...

Fenric
2006-12-17, 08:07 PM
Kazuki winces again

Wasn't actually given that choice, actually... was part of the whole thing earlier...

Aikifox
2006-12-17, 08:14 PM
Ah... Aikidu nods, blushing a bit. Well... There's a silver lining here somewhere...

Fenric
2006-12-17, 08:19 PM
Kazuki nods and mutters

yeah: she's not interested in having children

Kazukis sighs, then looks at Aiki

So... how have you been?

Deadly
2006-12-17, 08:23 PM
((Wooooo, I'm done...))

Grace flies in from the garden and looks around.

Aikifox
2006-12-17, 08:32 PM
Aikidu smiles and looks around.

Well... apart from losing my brother, I'm pretty good. I'm alive, and I've come home... I think I'll be fine now...

Fenric
2006-12-17, 08:34 PM
Kazuki tilts his head

Alraune is... oh... I'm so sorry.

Kazuki looks at Grace

Hi there, Grace.

Aikifox
2006-12-17, 08:37 PM
Aikidu shrugs and looks around the sanctuary.

He wouldn't want me to mourn... Not now, especially since your father is off saving the world... And yes, I know I'm blowing it out of preportion.. but still.

Deadly
2006-12-17, 08:40 PM
Grace smiles Hi. Have you seen my dad around here?

Fenric
2006-12-17, 08:43 PM
Kazuki shakes his head

I haven't seen Ilias in some time, Grace. I am sorry.

Deadly
2006-12-17, 08:47 PM
She shrugs Oh well. I wonder what he's doing.

Aikifox
2006-12-17, 08:50 PM
Wait, did you just say your dad was Ilias?

Deadly
2006-12-17, 08:51 PM
Grace looks at Aiki and smiles Yeah... why? Have you seen him?

Aikifox
2006-12-17, 08:55 PM
Aikidu shakes his head and chuckles. No... but I know him.

Deadly
2006-12-17, 08:56 PM
She grins I guessed that much.

Aikifox
2006-12-17, 09:02 PM
(Ack... must leave for the night... see you all tomorrows...)

Fenric
2006-12-17, 09:02 PM
(( See ya, Aiki! ))

Kazuki chuckles

Well, Grace: looks like the kids are in charge now.

AmberVael
2006-12-17, 09:04 PM
Vael appears with Calpurnia.

Deadly
2006-12-17, 09:04 PM
Grace smiles at Kazuki Almost, atleast.

Calpurnia
2006-12-17, 09:06 PM
"Gah!" cries Calpurnia.

Fenric
2006-12-17, 09:06 PM
Kazuki grins

Earin's always at his shop, and Aiki just left: so now it's not even "almost".

Kazuki turns to Vael

Hello, Vael. And um... Centaur-person... What can we do for you tonight?

Deadly
2006-12-17, 09:07 PM
Grace grins and turns to Vael and Calpurnia

Calpurnia
2006-12-17, 09:08 PM
"It's, um, Calpurnia." corrects Calpurnia.

AmberVael
2006-12-17, 09:08 PM
Sorry, we're in a hurry.
Vael looks at Calpurnia and hopes he can does this.
This is going to be really odd. Sorry, but it is for the best.
He turns them both incorporeal and invisible.

Calpurnia
2006-12-17, 09:10 PM
"GAH!" the invisible and incorporeal Calpurnia interjects. "Hey, um, this is, um, actually kinda, um, neat."

Fenric
2006-12-17, 09:11 PM
Kazuki arches an eyebrow as the two disappear

Someone ought to open a "by the hour" magic-circle shop.

Kazuki looks thoughtful.

AmberVael
2006-12-17, 09:11 PM
Vael chuckles.
Indeed. Now, lets run for a bit. Or fly. Float. Whatever.
He zips out into the street.

Calpurnia
2006-12-17, 09:13 PM
Calpurnia follows, wondering why they went to Inari's and how she can follow an invisible person.

Deadly
2006-12-17, 09:13 PM
Grace shakes her head Odd...

AmberVael
2006-12-17, 09:14 PM
((Umm... good second point. Telepathic link. Yes))

Fenric
2006-12-17, 09:17 PM
Kazuki continues to ponder

You could have circles of various quality, that you charged different rates for.

Deadly
2006-12-17, 09:21 PM
Grace looks at him and shrugs Sounds like too much magic for me...

Fenric
2006-12-17, 09:22 PM
Kazuki nods and sighs

Me too. Krystal could probably do it.

Ms_Elaneous
2006-12-17, 09:24 PM
Ms E is leaning against a temple pillar waiting for something. She suddenly gets up, as though an idea has struck her. She moves over towards Fenric to speak with him when he has a spare moment.

Fenric
2006-12-17, 09:25 PM
Kazuki, who is sitting where Fenric usually does, looks up at Ms. E.

Can I help you?

Deadly
2006-12-17, 09:27 PM
Well, I must be going... can't have mom worrying about me too. she grins and waves before leaving.

((Sweet sleep :smallsigh:))

Fenric
2006-12-17, 09:28 PM
Kazuki waves

Bye, Grace. Take care.

Ms_Elaneous
2006-12-17, 09:31 PM
Ms E takes a deep breath in preparation for the long string of words that is going to take place next. I hope so. I've been waiting here for quite some time now, wondering what I should be doing. And I think I've got an idea. You know what happened in the Temple of Krad? I can't let that happen again. My friends were all fighting against those Death Knights and the Mirror folks and I wasn't able to anything to help them. I need more power. And I've been thinking that maybe I could convince the shadows of the Temple of Krad to combine with me. With their shadow power, I might be able to stand a chance against things like that. If you have any better ideas or advice on the subject, I'm listening. Ms E waits tentatively for a response.

Fenric
2006-12-17, 09:32 PM
Kazuki tilts his head

You want to be a shadow like us? You don't need them for that, we can do it.

(( Done it twice so far, to be particular: Llama and Exachix. It was technically an accident, but that doesn't change the fact we did it. You'd be the first volunteer. :smallbiggrin: ))

Ms_Elaneous
2006-12-17, 09:34 PM
Well, Fenric, I don't know for sure. I just need to be stronger. Because that was just pathetic. She scowls at the memory of her defeat. And what is it like to be a shadow? What other ways could I attain some strength?

Fenric
2006-12-17, 09:40 PM
Kazuki blinks, then chuckles

I know we look a lot alike to humans... but my father is away in Ravenloft. I am Kazuki, one of his sons.

As to your question...

Kazuki's eyes go red and the color drains from his fur as he becomes semi-transparent

You gain immunity to strength drain at all times, and immunity to ability and level draining while in shadow form. While a shadow, you gain the "incorporeal" template, and you can drain strength from your targets, you automatically get the "Spring Attack" feat, a fly speed of 40, and you can shift yourself to the Plane of Shadows and back allowing for a variation of "Teleport".*

*Some restrictions apply. Level Adjustements and other penalties may be assessed. Certain deities do not appreciate connections with the plane of shadows, so please consult with your god before selecting soul-altering surgery. Tell your shadow-priest if you are currently or have ever been undead.

Ms_Elaneous
2006-12-17, 09:46 PM
Ms E laughs a little Sorry, Kazuki. I guess you really do look like your dad. And lack of sleep doesn't improve my vision any either. But really, what is being a shadow like? Atreyu seems wary of it. As I understand it, it is sometimes hard to control... And I'm not even sure the whole "shadow" thing is for me. It is a big decision. Ms E sighs. I'm sorry I'm being so indecisive.

Fenric
2006-12-17, 09:52 PM
Kazuki smiles

It is hard to describe what it is "like" to be a thing. You don't really feel all that different when in shadow form, you can just do other things.

Kazuki tries to adjust his chair, and passes through it

And cannot do others. Just like being a shapeshifter: the different forms bring different sets of advantages and disadvantages.

As to the other, it is really not so hard to control: you just feel desires you never had before. For a timid herbivore like him, it is frightening to actually want to devour another living creature. For a predator or omnivore, it is simply natural. You will feel hunger for the strength of other living creatures, but it's no significant difference than being hungry in general. Drain a chicken, eat a chicken: is it really any difference?

Ms_Elaneous
2006-12-17, 10:04 PM
She nods. Understandable. I'm a meat eater, so I don't suppose it would be that horrible. But if I remember correctly, the Llama fell pretty quickly under the Death Knight attack as well... is becoming a shadow being powerful enough? Dear heavens I sound so power-hungry don't I? Ms Elaneous laughs out loud at this fact.

Fenric
2006-12-17, 10:14 PM
Kazuki arches an eyebrow

From what I heard, Atreyu collapsed in terror at the thought of the return of the Godruped. It had nothing to do with the Death Knights in particular.

Kazuki concentrates and returns to normal

As for being powerful enough... I guess it depends on what you're trying to avoid, really. Honestly, a lot of things can be dealt with through the right equipment and spells. We can tack a lot of templates onto you, but they come with their own disadvantages as well.

Ms_Elaneous
2006-12-17, 10:24 PM
Ms Elaneous nods her head sagely. That makes sense.... I can switch back and forth between forms if I need to... if you have no objections, then I'll do it. She thinks for a moment. By the by, how did it happen to Atreyu? It doesn't seem like something he would choose. And what do we need to do to do it for me?

Fenric
2006-12-17, 10:28 PM
Kazuki sighs

We seem to have a bit of a limitation in our "Resurrection" spell.

For people who are turned into shadows by the normal mechanism (that is, they are drained to death by a shadow and therefore become undead), we can restore your body to life: but your soul remains shadow.

Atreyu was drained by a powerful shadow, and my father resurrected him. With Exachix, it was an accident that he was drained to death - the draining was part of a ritual, but when Dad resurrected him he stayed a shadow, too.

Since then we have conferred with the goddess, and verified that this is indeed a side effect of our own shadow nature: we can't heal that condition in someone else.

The Unit
2006-12-17, 10:37 PM
Dante and Jasmine limp in through the mirror. Dante leaning on Jasmine.

Fenric
2006-12-17, 10:39 PM
The night shift priests hurry over to Dante and Jasmine.

Oh my!
What happened?

Dante and Jasmine both receive Cure Serious Wounds spells.

Kazuki explains to Ms E.

The process is simple enough. We drain you to death, then resurrect you.

(( I have to go very soon ))

The Unit
2006-12-17, 10:43 PM
Some guy started trying to blow up the tavern. Thank you. Jasmine seems fine, but Dante still looks hurt. But he waves away any more healing. Jasmine gives him a mean look.

Fenric
2006-12-17, 10:45 PM
The NPC priests look at Dante with concern, then indicate the donation box before heading off. (( The head of accounts will skin me if I don't at least ask ))

Kazuki wanders off to give Ms E time to contemplate the procedure

(( Sorry. Time to go. Goodnight, everyone. ))

Ms_Elaneous
2006-12-17, 10:46 PM
Sorry to take up so much time. She gives him a mildly embarrassed smile. It looks like you've got your hands full right now anyway. Ms Elaneous glances at the newcomers. I'll let you do what you need to do and use this time to confer with Atreyu. He's been my best friend ever since I arrived in this crazy mixed-up town... Thank you so much, Kazuki!

The Unit
2006-12-17, 10:51 PM
Dante walks over to the donation bin and drops several coins into it. They go back through the mirror to Trog's.

Fenric
2006-12-18, 08:57 AM
Kazuki enters the sanctuary and sits down with a sigh

Kantur
2006-12-18, 09:10 AM
A random NPC walks into the temple, just so Kazuki doesn't get completely bored :smallwink:

Fenric
2006-12-18, 09:17 AM
(( LOL ))

Kazuki looks at the newcomer

Hi there.

Kantur
2006-12-18, 09:21 AM
Hi.

((Also lets you know I'm online if anything needs done in Ravenloft...))

Fenric
2006-12-18, 09:27 AM
(( Right. ))

Kazuki arches an eyebrow

Can we help you?

Kantur
2006-12-18, 09:31 AM
I was really just passing through the area, you see...Really nice temple you have here too. Hmm, though there is possibly...Mind me asking what type of approach y'all here take to problems?

Hoseki
2006-12-18, 09:36 AM
Kyla the Tarrasque enters the Sanctuary.

Kantur
2006-12-18, 09:41 AM
The NPC becomes understandably nervous at the sight of the Tarrasque

Hoseki
2006-12-18, 09:44 AM
"Hi." it says to the NPC mildly.

Kantur
2006-12-18, 09:49 AM
Um...Hi...
He backs away slightly

Fenric
2006-12-18, 09:51 AM
Kazuki waves to Kyla

Hello.

The he turns back to the NPC

Well... it depends on what the problem is. But in broadest terms, we try to figure out the source of a problem and correct that; rather than merely fixing symptoms.

Hoseki
2006-12-18, 09:53 AM
Kyla turns to Kazuki. "Excuse me. I'm getting a litte peckish, and I was wondering if you have any gemstones for me to devour."

Kantur
2006-12-18, 09:55 AM
I see. Thing is, my brother and I never really got on, not since our sister died years ago...I always wanted to patch things up with him, but he went for a walk away from the town and a pack of wolves and him met out there...

Fenric
2006-12-18, 10:02 AM
Kazuki blinks at the Tarrasque

Which sort of gemstones do you prefer?

he looks at the NPC

I take it he didn't fare so well among the wolves?

Kantur
2006-12-18, 10:06 AM
Well no. He never quite made it back. Itell a lie, he did eventually. In a wooden box...

Hoseki
2006-12-18, 10:06 AM
"Diamonds are good, but garnets are an acceptable alternative. Some copper or shale would be nice as well."

Fenric
2006-12-18, 10:15 AM
Kazuki looks at the NPC

Just a moment, if you don't mind. I'm sure you rather I feed her right now anyway.

Kazuki wanders over to the magic circle and casts Contact Other Plane to speak with a mineral elemental whom Fenric has been working with. After a brief negotiation, a large mining-cart appears in the circle laden with rough diamonds in several colors as well as a selection of mineral ores.

Kazuki turns to the tarrasque

Bon Apetit

Kazuki returns to the NPC

So, what is it you would like to do now?

Kantur
2006-12-18, 10:19 AM
Well, it'd be nice to be able to make peace with him somehow. I know you priesty types can do amazing things...though I'm hardly a rich man you see...

Hoseki
2006-12-18, 10:20 AM
"Thank you." Kyla says politely. She plunges her face into the mining cart and begins devouring.

Fenric
2006-12-18, 11:08 AM
Kazuki looks thoughtful

We don't generally contact departed spirits. There is most likely a spell to do that...

(( And I can't remember what it is :smallyuk: ))

Kantur
2006-12-18, 11:14 AM
Well, it wasn't urgent...I doubt he's going far now...I'll find someone, thank you.

((Only one I could think of was Speak with Dead, but that requires the body there of course...))

He departs from the temple.

Hoseki
2006-12-18, 11:22 AM
Kyla rumbles contentedly as it finishes off the mining cart.

Fenric
2006-12-18, 11:28 AM
Kazuki smiles and returns to his seat.

AmberVael
2006-12-18, 01:56 PM
Elya and Shea appear. Elya goes over to the statue of Inari and sits in front of it, closing her eyes.

Hoseki
2006-12-18, 01:57 PM
Kyla leaves.

McBish
2006-12-18, 01:58 PM
Shea sits down in the sanctuary, looking around but keeping an eye on Elya.

Kenyon
2006-12-18, 02:01 PM
A rip in the fourth wall appears, as a large human hand grabs the still-twitching Phil from outside the temple.

"Man, either that was a wicked groin kick, or I'm getting sloppy. I really need to keep on these things."

Phil gets pulled into the hole, which seals up shortly afterwards.

AmberVael
2006-12-18, 02:01 PM
Elya does not move from her meditation/contemplation.

McBish
2006-12-18, 02:04 PM
Shea starts to walk around the sanctuary looking around, but not touching anything.

Fenric
2006-12-18, 02:31 PM
Kazuki gets lunch

AmberVael
2006-12-18, 02:36 PM
Elya opens her eyes and goes out into the gardens.

McBish
2006-12-18, 02:48 PM
Shea who has been staring fox cola machine heads out into the gardens.

AmberVael
2006-12-18, 02:51 PM
Elya sits next to the pond, her knees drawn up to her chest and her arms around them.

McBish
2006-12-18, 02:53 PM
Shea goes and sits next to her and looks up at her.

AmberVael
2006-12-18, 02:54 PM
Hey Shea.
Elya stares at the pond.

McBish
2006-12-18, 02:55 PM
Are you ok? He looks at her worried.

AmberVael
2006-12-18, 02:57 PM
I... I think I just need to take a break, Shea.

McBish
2006-12-18, 02:59 PM
Shea nods, You should take a nap. Naps are good.

AmberVael
2006-12-18, 03:00 PM
Elya smiles a little.
Yes they are.

McBish
2006-12-18, 03:01 PM
Or a... vacation? He's not sure this is the right word.

AmberVael
2006-12-18, 03:02 PM
Elya nods and closes her eyes.
Yes. A vacation would be good.

McBish
2006-12-18, 03:06 PM
Where would you go?

AmberVael
2006-12-18, 03:07 PM
I don't know. I'm sure Earin could think of somewhere though.

McBish
2006-12-18, 03:11 PM
It sounds like it would be like a good idea.

AmberVael
2006-12-18, 03:12 PM
I think it would be.
Elya smiles faintly at the thought.

McBish
2006-12-18, 03:14 PM
Then you should. Shea looks into the fishpond.

AmberVael
2006-12-18, 03:16 PM
Elya smiles at the thought of having nothing to stress over, then begins to realize that things will still be happening while she is away, things that will need to be taken care of, and that people might need her for things, and she sighs.

McBish
2006-12-18, 03:17 PM
Shea looks up at Elya and reachs out with his mind, trying to comfort her.

AmberVael
2006-12-18, 03:22 PM
Elya's mind is tense and hard to enter. She does not seem to have any walls, but it is like pressing a hand through packed sand.

McBish
2006-12-18, 03:23 PM
Shea tries his best to duplicate the comforting effect she has done for him in the past. He is a little clumsier then she is but still manages.

AmberVael
2006-12-18, 03:26 PM
Elya smiles at him and puts an arm around him.
Thank you, Shea.

McBish
2006-12-18, 03:27 PM
Shea hugs her back happy that she seems to be feeling better.

AmberVael
2006-12-18, 03:31 PM
Elya smiles and tries to decide where she will go.

McBish
2006-12-18, 03:33 PM
Shea gets up and starts to explore the gardens.

AmberVael
2006-12-18, 03:34 PM
Elya continues to stare into the pond.

Fenric
2006-12-18, 03:41 PM
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g265/ttstocks/Kazuki2.gif

Kazuki yawns. It's nice to finally get your own avatar, but it makes the player not pay attention to you.

AmberVael
2006-12-18, 03:46 PM
((heh heh))

McBish
2006-12-18, 03:47 PM
Shea looks at a tree and gets the urge to climb it. He looks around to see if anyone would stop him.

AmberVael
2006-12-18, 03:48 PM
Elya seems quite focused on the pond.

McBish
2006-12-18, 03:50 PM
Shea starts to climb the tree.

Aikifox
2006-12-18, 04:16 PM
Aikidu appears. Where he appears is a mystery to even him but he appears.

With a slight crash of armour he picks himself off the sanctuary floor, grumbling quietly. THAT is why I hate discount wizards... he says, spitefully, while brushing himself off. He fixes anything out of place before beginning a quiet stroll of the temple grounds.

The_Librarian
2006-12-18, 04:16 PM
A rather stocky-looking elf with shaggy green hair and torn and filthy clothes staggers up the path towards the temple. He is leaning heavily on a large stick to support his weight, and he has the look of one who has not eaten in a very long time. As the last of his strength fails, he manages to drag himself to the path and lie there, panting.

Aikifox
2006-12-18, 04:19 PM
Aikidu, almost out of the sanctuary, hears a quiet thud, barely, and returns to the front of the temple to investigate. He looks down the path to see the man and begins a light jog to reach him, dropping to his knees to offer him a hand.

Are you alright sir? he asks with genuine concern, looking over the elf's malnourished form.

(LIBRIS! Blargh! Heya!)

AmberVael
2006-12-18, 04:20 PM
Elya is oblivious to nearly everything, and just keeps thinking and staring at the pond.

McBish
2006-12-18, 04:21 PM
Shea has managed to reach the top branchs of the tree by this time. He looks around.

The_Librarian
2006-12-18, 04:23 PM
"Aiki...'s'at you?" the elf mumbles, not even opening his eyes.

Fenric
2006-12-18, 04:29 PM
Kazuki's player finally notices that something is going on. (sorry)

Oh my!

Aikifox
2006-12-18, 04:29 PM
Aikidu is slightly taken aback by the fact that the elf knows his name. He nods slowly before bowing his head a bit. Let's get you inside... he says, moving to carry the man.

AmberVael
2006-12-18, 04:32 PM
Elya finally gets up and walks towards the sanctuary.

The_Librarian
2006-12-18, 04:34 PM
Unsteadily, the elf pulls himself up using his staff and looks blearily at Aiki.

"More important you get a message to the llama," he says, wheezing with the effort. "There's an orc... wants him dead... tricked him into going to the woods... hoped the lions would eat him but... he's powerful... kidnapped me... hasn't fed me..."

Aikifox
2006-12-18, 04:38 PM
Aikidu blinks and begins to try to help the man to the sanctuary. Slow down... Who kidnapped you?

Fenric
2006-12-18, 04:39 PM
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g265/ttstocks/Izumi.gif

Izumi enters the sanctuary and looks around. Kazuki waves to her.

McBish
2006-12-18, 04:40 PM
Shea reaches for another branch and the one he is on snaps and he starts to fall to the ground. Before he hits a gust of wind slows him so he hits the ground without getting hurt. He lays there for a minute.

The_Librarian
2006-12-18, 04:40 PM
The elf is still extremely unsteady, but grins as he delivers his message.

"Drackcove! That... llama owes me... big time..."
He then falls to his knees and, with a gasp of relief, returns to his usual green, wolfish shape, if somewhat wasted with starvation. Greeny falls into an untroubled sleep.

Aikifox
2006-12-18, 04:44 PM
Aikidu blinks and gasps, suddenly knowing who the hell was speaking to him. He lifts the wolf and carries him into the temple, shaking his head a bit. What have you gotten yourself into, Llama.

AmberVael
2006-12-18, 04:44 PM
Elya finally gets into the sanctuary and then hurries over to the unconcious Greeny and Aikidu.
What happened?

Fenric
2006-12-18, 04:47 PM
Kazuki and Izumi both hurry over as well.

Aikifox
2006-12-18, 04:50 PM
Aikidu looks to the gathering people and shakes his head. I don't know, something about Atreyu... I think, and someone kidnapped Greeny and didn't feed him, and a plot... I'm not sure what's going on myself, he replies, looking slightly flustered.

Fenric
2006-12-18, 04:55 PM
Kazuki looks concerned. Izumi looks around at the others.

AmberVael
2006-12-18, 04:55 PM
Elya sighs, casts Cure Light Wounds just in case, then looks over Greeny for any phyiscal problems besides malnutrition.

Aikifox
2006-12-18, 05:00 PM
Aikidu sets the wolf down and looks him over with a trained eye. He should be fine... give him some food and let him rest. He's probably just fatigued.

McBish
2006-12-18, 05:01 PM
Shea gets up and brushes the dirt off him.

Fenric
2006-12-18, 05:02 PM
Kazuki nods, not having much more to add.

AmberVael
2006-12-18, 05:02 PM
Elya nods and orders an acolyte to take the wolf to the hospital wing.

Aikifox
2006-12-18, 05:05 PM
Aikidu looks down and sighs and says; and apparently I now have to search for the Llama... to get him a message... but I don't know where the shock he is...

AmberVael
2006-12-18, 05:08 PM
Elya shakes her head.
I don't know either.

Fenric
2006-12-18, 05:09 PM
Kazuki shakes his head

I have not seen Atreyu in quite a few days, I'm afraid.

Aikifox
2006-12-18, 05:20 PM
Aikidu sighs and looks around. With a grumble he taps his foot. This is not good...

Fenric
2006-12-18, 05:26 PM
Kazuki tilts his head

Did Greeny say where he had been held captive?

Aikifox
2006-12-18, 05:29 PM
Aikidu racks his brain. I remember something about the woods... and an orc...

Fenric
2006-12-18, 05:30 PM
Izumi shakes her head

That's a bit too broad, unfortunately. The woods extend for hundreds of miles, and there are quite a number of places where orcs roam.

Aikifox
2006-12-18, 05:32 PM
Aikidu nods and sighs I know... oh! Something about lions too. I have no ideas...

He grumbles and finds a place to sit and sigh.

Fenric
2006-12-18, 05:41 PM
The foxes shake their heads sadly and sigh.

McBish
2006-12-18, 05:53 PM
Shea wanders into the sanctuary looking at a skinned elbow.

AmberVael
2006-12-18, 05:55 PM
Elya shakes her head and pulls herself back awake.

McBish
2006-12-18, 05:56 PM
Shea quickly tries to hide his skinned elbow from Elya.

AmberVael
2006-12-18, 06:00 PM
Elya smiles at Shea.
Have fun in the gardens?

Aikifox
Aikidu wanders over to the magic circle and sighs. He sits quietly and meditates.

(Be back later tonight...)

McBish
Shea nods, Yeah.

AmberVael
2006-12-18, 06:02 PM
Elya smiles and closes her eyes for a moment.

McBish
2006-12-18, 06:03 PM
Shea goes over and takes her hand looking up at her.

AmberVael
2006-12-18, 06:05 PM
Elya opens her eyes and smiles.

McBish
2006-12-18, 06:06 PM
Everything, ok?

AmberVael
2006-12-18, 06:08 PM
Its a little better, Shea.

McBish
2006-12-18, 06:09 PM
Shea smiles up at Elya.

AmberVael
2006-12-18, 06:10 PM
Elya sighs and closes her eyes again.
((brb))

McBish
2006-12-18, 06:14 PM
Shea looks around at everyone else in the sanctuary.

Fenric
2006-12-18, 06:21 PM
Kazuki and Izumi wave to Shea

Hi there

McBish
2006-12-18, 06:22 PM
Shea waves back.

Hello.

Fenric
2006-12-18, 06:29 PM
Kazuki smiles

How are you today?