PDA

View Full Version : GURPS Character Help - Fragile Man aiming to create perfection

Gwazi Magnum
2013-08-10, 07:43 AM
To start, the concept of this character is partly inspired by the 'Man of Glass" from the movie Unbreakable: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0217869/

I should also note this in a Tech Level 9 - Non magical universe.

Basically, the idea of my character is that he is a genius who was born extremely weak and frail. The outright weakest and frail of the human species, for those looking for 'genetic/human purity' and such he'd be the biggest abomination they saw.

But he has the mind of a genius, one who rivals or even surpasses great minds like Albert Einstein, Stephen Hawking etc. His goal is to try to find and/or create a genetically perfect creature. The idea being if someone like himself can exist, someone who fell so low on the human ladder, there has to be the reverse and it's his life goal to find or create that example and hopefully one day find the means to turn himself into it.

The main thing I'm asking for here is stuff like what kind of (dis)advantages, skills etc would you find works well for and would suggest for such a character?

Note: I'm already investing in most of the Biology and Bio-engineering Skills.

That and also some second opinions on realistic numbers to leave Attributes at.

Since this man is an absolute cripple, barely move. Restricted to a hover chair to move around, when doing experiments will need others to do the labour for him etc, his ST, DX and HT would all be very low. But being a genius his IQ would be very high.

On my rough-draft he was left as ST 4, DX 6 (debating lowering this some more), IQ 22, HT 4
Does seem appropriate for such an extreme case or is this too much/litte?

I only have the base table in the character book to really guide me here since GURPs offers nothing like a Monster Manual for me to do comparison with.

Thanks for the help :)

Edit: Also, do people know of any kind of life support suit?
Such as one where the person can sit inside the cockpit and move around inside it almost as if it was an extension of it's own body?