PDA

View Full Version : immune to - all ?

relytdan
2013-08-10, 10:21 AM
Below is a creature that with applied inherited/acquired templates - makes for what appears to be a creature Immune to All...
this is not to debate the how did it come to be portion of the build
but to determine if it is Immune to All
is it missing an Immunity?
if so what , please list source and pg.

base: Humanoid-
templates: Gheden, Ghul, Dragonflesh Half-Golem, Radiant Creature, Half-Dragon-Pyroclastic, Nameless, Good Arch-Dragon, Saint

Immune to energy drains attacks, fear & confusion effects
Immune to energy drains attacks, disease, ingested poisons, & the paralyzing attack of Ghouls, Ghasts, & Lacedons
Immune to odor-based attacks, including a Ghast’s stench ability & Stinking Cloud.
Immune to spells, spell-like abilities, & supernatural effects
Immune to mind affecting effects, poison, sleep, paralysis, stunning, disease, death effects, necromantic effects,
Immune to any effect that requires a Fortitude save unless it also works on objects.
Immune to becoming Blind, Dazed, Dazzled, & Stunned
Immune to sleep & paralysis effects
Immune to all Mind-Affecting Effects
Immune to Disease, Fear, & Polymorphing
Immune to fire and sonic
Immune to Acid, Cold, Electricity, & Petrifaction
Living Undeath: Miniatures Handbook 37, not subject to sneak attacks and critical hits

Eldan
2013-08-10, 10:25 AM
Force isn't on it, though that is very hard to get. There are some ways to gain immunity to damage in general, though, which you seem to be missing.

The goal is getting regeneration and immunity to nonlethal damage.

Alleran
2013-08-10, 10:26 AM
Force isn't on it, though that is very hard to get.
Force dragons get it.

The easiest way to do it would be to steal the immunity of an Aleax of yourself. That way, the only thing that can hurt you is you.

relytdan
2013-08-10, 10:54 AM
looked at Force dragon vs. the Pyroclastic , and I have not seen a good way to get immune Sonic - so if there is a good way to get immune sonic - then can swap the dragons around easy enough.
regeneration is gained via Ring of Regeneration
immunity to non-leathal - not sure of a good way to get that one...

the build as is has a lot of Damage reduction
DR 10/+1, DR 10/magic, DR 10/evil - so that would reduce a lot

GreenSerpent
2013-08-10, 10:59 AM
Dread Witch can affect even creatures immune to fear.

tyckspoon
2013-08-10, 11:01 AM
the build as is has a lot of Damage reduction
DR 10/+1, DR 10/magic, DR 10/evil - so that would reduce a lot

Just 10, DRs don't stack. You'd effectively have DR 10/Magic and Evil.

As for the rest of it.. you might be interested in the Emerald Legion (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101587), which is an experiment in the potential mass-production of immune-to-(nearly)-everything supersoldiers within the D&D rules.

relytdan
2013-08-10, 11:10 AM
Dread Witch can affect even creatures immune to fear.

do you refer to the
Horrific Aura (Su)
This touch
attack, unlike the standard aura, functions against creatures
of any HD and can even affect individuals normally immune

*Immune to spells, spell-like abilities, & supernatural effects*

Never claimed to have them stack just stated what was available
shouldn't that be DR 10/+1 Magic and Evil

Kerilstrasz
2013-08-10, 11:12 AM

not exactly...
although numbers don't stack DR10/magic & evil is wrong.
he has DR10/magic AND DR10/Evil
that means the if he gets hit by a non evil, non magic attack he had DR10.
If the attack is Evil but not magic he still has DR 10 (from DR10/magic)
If the attack is magic but not Evil he still has DR 10 (from DR10/Evil)

unfortunately Dr10/magic overlaps DR10/+1 so the later is useless.

Correct me if i'm wrong.

Zanos
2013-08-10, 11:14 AM
do you refer to the
Horrific Aura (Su)
This touch
attack, unlike the standard aura, functions against creatures
of any HD and can even affect individuals normally immune

*Immune to spells, spell-like abilities, & supernatural effects*

Never claimed to have them stack just stated what was available
shouldn't that be DR 10/+1 Magic and Evil

+1 is the same as magic. Since 3.5 generally doesn't have DR 10/+2 +3 +4 etc, it's usually just DR X/Magic. Any weapon of +1 or greater pierces DR X/Magic.

relytdan
2013-08-10, 11:16 AM
the DR is not really the main question but thanks for the input-

back to how to get immune Force / Sonic / Non-Leathal

Eldan
2013-08-10, 11:21 AM
Nonlethal damage is easy. Construct or undead.

relytdan
2013-08-10, 11:25 AM
construct and undead are basicly out - though the dragonflesh half-golem comes clost to construct - not listing immune Nonlethal though

The Rose Dragon
2013-08-10, 11:28 AM
Nonlethal damage is easy. Construct or undead.

You need a Constitution score to benefit from Regeneration, though.

sleepyphoenixx
2013-08-10, 11:36 AM
You're missing immunity to fatigue/exhaustion, ability damage/drain, entangled, grappled and deafened unless that's already covered by one of templates and just not listed.
Also, you're not immune to sword to the face.:smalltongue:

I assume you want those immunities to be inherent and not from spells?

tyckspoon
2013-08-10, 11:38 AM

That's what 'Magic and Evil' means- an attack has to be both Magic and Evil to pierce the DR. Magic or Evil would be a different thing - compare the DRs of a Babau and a Balor.

D_Lord
2013-08-10, 11:41 AM
Still doesn't stop 1 type but I don't know anything that blocks Vile damage. The only think I can think of that can is the Tarrasque because it says right on it, that nothing can do permanent damage to it.

Bakkan
2013-08-10, 11:46 AM
I don't think it's yet immune to a Sphere of Annihilation.

Chronos
2013-08-10, 11:47 AM
He's already got one of the key pieces of the Emerald Legion there, with the Gheden template (which IIRC is one of the few ways to get immunity to nonlethal while retaining a Con score).

I wouldn't recommend relying on an item to get Regeneration (or anything else), either, since that leaves you open to the item getting stolen, dispelled, or sundered, and then attacking your newfound vulnerability.

Likewise, I don't know how many of your immunities are the result of supernatural abilities, but those are vulnerable to an Initiate of Mystra in an anti-magic field.

And "immunity to spells" can be bypassed by any of several methods to ignore spell resistance, as it's treated like infinitely-high SR. Or just use spells that don't allow SR to begin with.

not exactly...
although numbers don't stack DR10/magic & evil is wrong.
he has DR10/magic AND DR10/Evil
that means the if he gets hit by a non evil, non magic attack he had DR10.
In other words, DR 10/magic and evil, just like tyckspoon said.

EDIT:

Quoth D_Lord:

Still doesn't stop 1 type but I don't know anything that blocks Vile damage.
So far as I can tell, vile damage is no harder to resist or block than any other kind of damage. The only effect I can see from Vile damage is that it's slightly harder to heal it (you need to cast a 2nd-level spell (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/consecrate.htm) first).

Jack_Simth
2013-08-10, 11:59 AM
the DR is not really the main question but thanks for the input-

back to how to get immune Force / Sonic / Non-Leathal
War Troll (Monster Manual III) Half-dragon (any of the acid dragons), Bone Knight (Five Kingdoms)-10 (you'll need a dip in Cleric) gives you:

Regeneration/Acid
Immunity to Acid
Immunity to nonlethal damage (and a few other things, including poison immunity to avoid trollsbane). Type is Monstrous Humanoid, so you can stack your other things on there. Granted, that's an Epic level character (ECL 31, specifically).

So, you know, immunity to all damage, regardless of source.

Still doesn't stop 1 type but I don't know anything that blocks Vile damage. The only think I can think of that can is the Tarrasque because it says right on it, that nothing can do permanent damage to it.
The trick to being immune to Vile damage is to not actually take it in the first place. The only big thing about Vile damage is it's hard to heal. The build above is effectively immune to vile damage - they take vile nonlethal, but are immune to the nonlethal, so it doesn't matter if it doesn't heal.

D_Lord
2013-08-10, 12:12 PM
War Troll (Monster Manual III) Half-dragon (any of the acid dragons), Bone Knight (Five Kingdoms)-10 (you'll need a dip in Cleric) gives you:

Regeneration/Acid
Immunity to Acid
Immunity to nonlethal damage (and a few other things, including poison immunity to avoid trollsbane). Type is Monstrous Humanoid, so you can stack your other things on there. Granted, that's an Epic level character (ECL 31, specifically).

So, you know, immunity to all damage, regardless of source.

The trick to being immune to Vile damage is to not actually take it in the first place. The only big thing about Vile damage is it's hard to heal. The build above is effectively immune to vile damage - they take vile nonlethal, but are immune to the nonlethal, so it doesn't matter if it doesn't heal.

Why I don't see anything that says it's nonlethal, plus if they don't have that spell cast you can't heal it by anything, reg, fast healing doesn't work.

sleepyphoenixx
2013-08-10, 12:23 PM
He has regeneration that's overcome by acid. Vile damage is not acid (which you're immune to anyway) so it deals nonlethal damage. Which you're immune to.
Add all that stuff from the first post to get immunity to almost anything else.
It's a theoretical exercise anyway.
All you'd accomplish in an actual game with a build like that is force your DM to get nasty.

Fates
2013-08-10, 12:51 PM
This seems to be vulnerable, much like the Emerald Legion, to extraordinary disintegration effects; there are only a handful of those around, but it's still a potential weakness.

relytdan
2013-08-10, 01:04 PM
RE: immunes to posted in 1st post I will double check them for where they fall I don't believe they are supernatural abilities
I don't think that ignore spell resistance, bypasses immune to - just Spell resistance ... will double check that as well

fatigue/exhaustion, ability damage/drain, entangled, grappled and deafened
can be achieved through spells like is done with the Living Undeath ..
War Troll (Monster Manual III) - doable for race as it does work with the monsterous humanoid for the templates
Half-dragon (must be either Force OR Pyroclastic )
Prestige Class: BONE KNIGHT
Exoskeleton of Undeath (Ex): At 8th level, your
bonecraft armor fuses to your body and cannot be
removed without killing you. However, you gain immunity
to poison, sleep effects, paralysis, disease, death
effects, fatigue, exhaustion, ability damage to your
physical ability scores, ability drain, energy drain, and
death from massive damage.

and a dip in cleric is very doable-
As for level this has been and was intended for EPIC so End level really is of no major concern.

Jack_Simth
2013-08-10, 01:24 PM
This seems to be vulnerable, much like the Emerald Legion, to extraordinary disintegration effects; there are only a handful of those around, but it's still a potential weakness.
Yes, an Umbral Blot (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/monsters/umbralBlot.htm) is quite the annoyance. You'll want to add Steadfast Determination (Player's Handbook II, feat) Mettle (say, from Warblade) and boost saves as high as you can.

sleepyphoenixx
2013-08-10, 01:57 PM
Yes, an Umbral Blot (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/monsters/umbralBlot.htm) is quite the annoyance. You'll want to add Steadfast Determination (Player's Handbook II, feat) Mettle (say, from Warblade) and boost saves as high as you can.

At epic levels a dip of Swordsage 2/Witch Slayer 2 for the save maneuvers and Mettle is probably the easiest way to get there if you have concentration maxed.
The requirements might as well not exist.
Even for spellcasters that's quite doable if you can spare a feat for Practiced Spellcaster and almost certainly worth it if you can fit it in your build because mettle rocks.

Another option is the Proof against Transmutation armor enhancement. The damage is negated by your regeneration. Even for a "normal" character 5d6 damage is hardly threatening at that level and the price should not be a problem either.

That makes the Umbral Blot a flying ball of experience as long as you can prevent it from fleeing.

relytdan
2013-08-10, 02:23 PM
Replies for several -

Sphere of Annihilation - Trap - according to what i can find -
Countermeasures: Destroying or disenchanting the talisman is the only way to destroy the sphere
has AC 38, other defenses 35, hp 200; resist 15 all

STEADFAST DETERMINATION - could be benificial
Your physical durability allows you to shrug off attacks that
would cripple a lesser person. Rather than depend on agility
or willpower, you use your raw toughness to survive.
Prerequisites: Endurance.
Benefit: You can use your Constitution modifier in place
of your Wisdom modifier on Will saves.
You do not automatically fail Fortitude saves on a roll of
natural 1.

Mettle - could be benificial

extraordinary disintegration effects
RE: Umbral Blot
Disintegrating Touch (Ex)
Any material object that comes into contact with a blackball is immediately disintegrated unless it succeeds at a Fortitude save (DC 38). - easy to pass
also - Clay Golem graft specificies that:
In addition, certain spells and effects function differently against the creature, as noted below.
A disintegrate spell slows the golem (as the slow spell) for 1d6 rounds and deals 1d12 points of damage

*immune to Slow as the spell or spell like ability *

entangle
So either features like Evasion / Improved Evasion - that would basicly ignore the entangle spell
or the actual Immune to SPELLS, Spell like-Abilities
-either would look like entangle to do nothing

Entangled: dmg 300
The character is ensnared. Being entangled impedes
movement, but does not entirely prevent it unless the bonds are
anchored to an immobile object or tethered by an opposing force.
An entangled creature moves at half speed, cannot run or charge,
and takes a –2 penalty on all attack rolls and a –4 penalty to Dexterity.
An entangled character who attempts to cast a spell must make a
Concentration check (DC 15 + the spell’s level) or lose the spell.

Entangle (Player's Handbook p. 227)
Transmutation
Level: Druid 1, Ranger 1, Nentyar Hunter 1, Plant 1,
Components: V, S, DF,
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Long (400 ft. + 40 ft./level)
Area: Plants in a 40-ft.-radius spread
Duration: 1 min./level (D)
Saving Throw: Reflex partial; see text
Spell Resistance: No

spells / powers
Oak Body
Psychometabolism
Level: psychic warrior 5
Display: Auditory
Manifesting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Personal
Target: You
Duration: 1 min./level (D)
Power Points: psychic warrior 9
This power transforms your body into living oak, which grants you several advantages.
You gain damage reduction 10/ slashing and a +5 bonus to natural armor that overlaps
(does not stack with) any natural armor bonus you may already have.
You are immune to ability damage, blindness, deafness, disease, drowning, poison, stunning
all powers, spells, or attacks that affect your physiology or respiration
because you have no physiology or respiration while this power is in effect.

I think this just leaves
immunity to Force - and how to get it?

DementedFellow
2013-08-10, 02:23 PM
There is a graft that gives sonic immunity. At least that is what I remember. I think it can be found in the Fleshwarper entry on grafts. Hope I'm not misremembering.

sleepyphoenixx
2013-08-10, 02:53 PM
Evasion does nothing against entangle or anything else other than spells and effects that deal damage and allow a reflex save.
Immunity to spells is just SR that can't be overcome. It has no effect on spells that are not affected by SR (like Entangle or Web).
There's also mundane effects that cause the entangled condition like nets. A ring of Freedom of Movement is probably your best bet against that.

relytdan
2013-08-10, 02:59 PM
I will hunt around for this graft that gives sonic immunity
that would then chnge the dragon to force, then I would just need immune to fire as well

War Troll
templates: Gheden, Ghul, Dragonflesh/Clay Half-Golem, Radiant Creature, Half-Dragon-Force, Nameless, Good Arch-Dragon, Saint
Level Adjustment +22
Ring of Energy Immunity [Fire/Sonic]: This band continually provides the wearer with immunity to the type(s) of energy:
The wearer takes no damage from the energy of the specific type
Immune to Force (Ex): cannot be harmed by any force effect
including magic missiles, explosive runes, Mordenkainen’s sword, the Otiluke’s sphere spells, or any other spell or effect with the Force descriptor
Immune to energy drains attacks, fear & confusion effects
Immune to energy drains attacks, disease, ingested poisons, & the paralyzing attack of Ghouls, Ghasts, & Lacedons
Immune to odor-based attacks, including a Ghast’s stench ability & Stinking Cloud.
Immune to spells, spell-like abilities, & supernatural effects
Immune to mind affecting effects, poison, sleep, paralysis, stunning, disease, death effects, necromantic effects,
Immune to any effect that requires a Fortitude save unless it also works on objects.
Immune to becoming Blind, Dazed, Dazzled, & Stunned
Immune to sleep & paralysis effects
Immune to all Mind-Affecting Effects
Immune to Disease, Fear, & Polymorphing
Immune to fire and sonic
Immune to Acid, Cold, Electricity, & Petrifaction
Living Undeath: Miniatures Handbook 37, not subject to sneak attacks and critical hits
War Troll: regeneration 9, fast heal 2
immune to nonlethal damage
immune to charm and compulsion effects
immune to attacks that function specifically by causing pain, such as the wrack spell
immune to effects that would cause it to be dazed, exhausted, fatigued, nauseated, sickened, staggered, or stunned
immune to all death spells, magical death effects, energy drain, and any negative energy effects
immune to poison, sleep effects, paralysis, disease, death effects, fatigue, exhaustion
immune to ability damage to your physical ability scores, ability drain, energy drain, and death from massive damage.
Clay Golem graft specificies that: In addition, certain spells and effects function differently against the creature, as noted below.
A disintegrate spell slows the golem (as the slow spell) for 1d6 rounds and deals 1d12 points of damage *immune to slow spell*
immune to piercing and slashing weapons, magic immunity
ring of Freedom of Movement & entangle is solved
immune to ability damage, blindness, deafness, disease, drowning, poison, stunning
immune to all powers, spells, or attacks that affect your physiology or respiration
because you have no physiology or respiration while this power is in effect
creature is not subject to critical hits, subdual damage, ability damage, ability drain, nergy drain, or death from massive damage.

Jack_Simth
2013-08-10, 03:52 PM
Oh, potential problem with the half-golem template: In the 3.5 update booklet, it is very specifically given an LA of "-", which means "not for player use". Not a problem if you're the DM, but could be a stumbling block for a player.

Alleine
2013-08-10, 04:05 PM
There is a graft that gives sonic immunity. At least that is what I remember. I think it can be found in the Fleshwarper entry on grafts. Hope I'm not misremembering.

It's actually a Fleshwarper class feature that provides sonic immunity, and it only requires two levels to grab.

relytdan
2013-08-10, 07:35 PM
Oh, potential problem with the half-golem template: In the 3.5 update booklet, it is very specifically given an LA of "-", which means "not for player use". Not a problem if you're the DM, but could be a stumbling block for a player.

the MM2 web update I think takes precedence over the mm2 update which does in fact list a LA- ( I do not recall anything that says the ( la - ) means not for players -

CREATING A HALF-GOLEM
“Half-golem” is a template you can add to any animal,
beast, giant, humanoid creature, magical beast, or monstrous
humanoid (referred to hereafter as “the character”).

Advancement: By character class.

and the fire/sonic ring listed soleved the immunities issue without fleshwarper

Jack_Simth
2013-08-10, 09:50 PM
the MM2 web update I think takes precedence over the mm2 update which does in fact list a LA- ( I do not recall anything that says the ( la - ) means not for players -That is because it's part of a section that people seldom look at - Base Definition of Level Adjustment (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/intro.htm#levelAdjustment). The - removes the LA entirely when the template is applied. That puts it into the not suitable for player use category. An Orc (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/orc.htm) has an LA of +0 - suitable for player use with no adjustment, theoretically. However, Like anything else in D&D, "-" and "0" are not the same thing.