Blood to Alcohol
TransformationLevel: Wizard 3
Components: V, S
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Short (25' + 5' / 2 levels)
Target: one living creature
Duration: 1 minute per level
Saving Throw: Fortitude half
Spell Resistance: Yes Often used at arcane school parties, this spell instantly makes the subject drunk. Victims take a 1d6 penalty to Intelligence, Wisdom, and Dexterity while gaining a 1d4 enhancement bonus to Constitution. This spell cannot cause Intelligence, Wisdom, or Dexterity to fall below racial minimums nor can it cause Constitution to rise above racial maximums for the targeted creature's race.

----

Because not every wizard spends all his time with books! :)

mikeejimbo
2006-12-15, 08:20 PM
OK, we need a drunkenness domain now. Create Alcohol, this spell, and that one, oh "Elisiron's Drunken Stupor" was it?

ilovefire
2006-12-15, 08:48 PM
PERFECT for the Dipsomancer. Man, anyone else remember when alcohol-based classes were all the rage? I think I made the second one, the Dipsomancer, after the Threepenny fencer.

mikeejimbo
2006-12-15, 08:51 PM
So there were things like Drunken Boxing and Drunken Monks?

Mauril Everleaf
2006-12-15, 09:02 PM
HAHA! More drunken revelry! We need to create more of these! MAHAHA!

mikeejimbo
2006-12-15, 09:07 PM
ooh, I have some ideas.

Turcano
2006-12-15, 09:22 PM
I think that the spell's name needs to be changed; when I saw the title of this thread, I thought it would turn all of the victim's blood into alcohol, which would be a Fort save-or-die.

mikeejimbo
2006-12-15, 09:23 PM
OK, admittedly the only idea I had was for a spell name, "Inebriate"

And then, "Inebriate, Mass"

And "Intoxicate," "Intoxicate, Mass"

Wizzardman
2006-12-15, 11:03 PM
I think that the spell's name needs to be changed; when I saw the title of this thread, I thought it would turn all of the victim's blood into alcohol, which would be a Fort save-or-die.
...Actually, I like this idea.

Maybe an upgrade for this spell, or an effect based on multiple castings, that eventually turns the target into a giant sack o' alcohol [possibly with stages of inebriation occuring first]. Tasty and refreshing for young and hip dragons everywhere.

Otherwise, tis a cool spell.

MrNexx
2006-12-16, 02:07 AM
This spell cannot cause Intelligence, Wisdom, or Dexterity to fall below racial minimums nor can it cause Constitution to rise above racial maximums for the targeted creature's race.

Why not? Given the rather large number of alcohol-related comas (and deaths) that happen every year, I don't see why this would be impossible with repeated castings.

EDIT: And what precisely is a racial maximum, these days?

The_Cowinator
2006-12-16, 04:03 AM
And what precisely is a racial maximum, these days?

I suggest we all go dig out our 1st/2nd ED books and look it up.

NullAshton
2006-12-16, 10:25 AM
It would be 18, modified by the racial modifier, added by whatever points you put into it with class levels.

Raum
2006-12-16, 10:35 AM
Why not? Given the rather large number of alcohol-related comas (and deaths) that happen every year, I don't see why this would be impossible with repeated castings.
Because the spell was written as a penalty instead of as damage...it'd probably be a bit overpowered as damage. And talk about hangovers!

EDIT: And what precisely is a racial maximum, these days?
NullAshton's answer is probably best. Though I must admit I wasn't really considering 3.5's lack of a maximum. Mea culpa.

amanodel
2006-12-16, 10:54 AM
We could gather all alcohol-related homemade stuff :)

Once I made up an alcohol-addict PrC. It gave huge bonuses to Fort Saves, and it had a backwards BAB progression. Exotic weapon proficiency: chairs, bottles, barmaids also crossed my mind.

Tack122
2006-12-16, 02:25 PM
Wouldn't a reverse BaB cause someone to want to just take 1 level in it to get super high BaB...?

Penguinizer
2006-12-16, 02:30 PM
We should make an Alcohol Dragon monster.

Its breath causes the targets blood to turn into alocohol.

But sounds like a good skill none the less.

TheThan
2006-12-17, 01:46 PM
Complete Drunkard

Aside from spells and prc classes we can have:
Alcohol elementals, keg golems, beer goggles, rules for drinking contests, spell components, wizard frat parties, secret societies, craft skills, the list can go on and on.

Here’s a list of booze related prestige classes that I’ve found:

Drunken Master (complete warrior)
Threepenny fencer (homebrewed here on the forums)
Dipsomancer (homebrewed here on the forums)
Drunken berserker (homebrewed here on the forums)
Drunken hero (homebrewed here on the forums)

I’d provide links but unfortunately the compendium’s down so, you’ll have to search for them. I’m sure there’s more out there too.

mikeejimbo
2006-12-17, 02:08 PM
And Alcohol Dragons, too!

TheThan
2006-12-17, 02:11 PM
....and alcohol dragons,

Frosty Flake
2006-12-17, 08:18 PM
We should make an Alcohol Dragon monster.

Its breath causes the targets blood to turn into alocohol.

But sounds like a good skill none the less.

Or maybe it's breath is just so infused with alcohol that it causes nausea and a save-or-be-drunk effect (whiskey breath)

Telok
2006-12-18, 11:49 AM
Quickie Gaming History Lesson.

In the 90's there was a netbook floating around called "The Complete Guide to Alcohol in Role Playing Games". This netbook was mainly centered around AD&D (aka 2.0) and had both Dipsomancers, Alcohol Dragons, spells, magic items, drinking rules, a drinking game, and other assorted goodies.

Unfortunately I lost mine a a hard drive crash about four years ago and haven't bothered to look it up again.

Google for the win.

http://www.textfiles.com/rpg/

Mature/adult content warning. They also have the Unlawful Carnal Knowledge in RPGs netbook too.