PDA

View Full Version : Combat Houserule Test

Fortuna
2013-08-10, 09:16 PM
Okay, so, this is a thread where we're testing a combat houserule for our Exalted game, as you know. It's basically similar to the default rules, with ticks and all, but it gets divided up into turns of six ticks (chosen because few actions take longer than six ticks, meaning everyone will get an action most turns). We open by joining combat, as normal. Whoever goes first gets an extra tick in their first turn (since they start on tick 0), while those who roll poorly might get as little as one tick in their first turn (starting on tick 6, the last tick of the turn). Each combatant posts their actions for the entire turn, and after all actions are declared each one declares whatever defensive actions they want to take. Defensive actions are resolved, and the cycle starts again. You can take all actions that you are able to start in your turn - actions that take more ticks than you have remaining reduce the number of ticks you have in your next turn.

Assuming this is all agreeable to everyone, we're gonna test this out in an indestructible circular arena with radius 100 feet, having a five-foot radius circular stone pillar in the middle and no other distinguishing features, with the combatants beginning at opposite ends of a diameter. I'm rolling Join Battle now.

[roll0]

Fortuna
2013-08-10, 09:17 PM
Gods damn it stupid forum don't eat my roll.

[roll0]

Okay, so I will not be going first...

Regalus
2013-08-10, 09:40 PM
Adrien activates Joy in Adversity supplementing his join battle roll with 5 successes for 1 mote
[roll0]

Regalus
2013-08-10, 09:41 PM
*deep breath* let's try this again

[roll0]

That's 8 successes.

Fortuna
2013-08-10, 09:47 PM
Alya takes a few precious seconds to get her bearings, then settles into her combat stance.

Gonna activate Rising Sun Form for 5m and put on, say, five activations of Lightning Speed for 15m. 5 personal and 60 peripheral motes left. Rising Sun Form takes me 5 ticks to activate, so that's my turn, and I'm short 4 ticks for next turn.

Regalus
2013-08-10, 10:41 PM
The air seems to shudder and steam along the small blur path; a terrible storm of detritus marking the path taken by the azure blur, the supernatural weight of his gaze set on the warrior before him. Within the space of oh so very few heart beats the azure blur stands before Alya at the heart of a vortex of shearing winds; his fist breaking the sound barrier with a deafening roar mear centimeters from her abdomen.

Activating Weignt Increasing Density Ego(2m), and Open Eye of the Hurricane(8m, 1wp)
Enhancing my aim action taken on Tick 0 with ONCOMING BOAR IMPACT INEVITABILITY (2m).

I reach Alya on my 6th stick, aborting my aim action to attack, and Enhancing my attack with Thousand Fold Typhoon Hand(4m)to halve all of her DVs, and reflexively activating wind daughter's wrath(5m) on the tick before.

24 motes and 1wp spent.

Fortuna
2013-08-10, 10:59 PM
Alya neither blinks nor flinches, opening her arms wide and accepting the blow without hesitation. The blow forces her back against the wall, her feet leaving the floor - but this was clearly her intention, because she reaches out to her foe, grasping with iron determination as her anima flares brilliant gold.

I'm going to forfeit my defence, allowing you to make your attack at your full dice pool and add the successes to your damage - because I'm also activating Adamant Skin Technique (8m) to soak your attack and Meditation Upon The Shield (4m) to attempt a grapple, spending 1m to switch to Shining Sun Form for +Essence to my grapple attempt and spending 0m to activate Glory to the Most High to unlock my last dot of Essence, so it's a total of a 16-die grapple attempt.

Fortuna
2013-08-10, 11:10 PM
Grapple roll: [roll0]
Environmental effects roll: [roll1]
EDIT: Ignore the second, spending 1m to immunize myself for this turn, total of 33m spent.