PDA

View Full Version : Prototype Warforged?

unseenmage
2013-08-11, 12:48 AM
Are there stats for a Prototype Warforged out there somewhere?

If not, what does the Playground think they'd be like using Living Metal (MoF), Livewood (ECS), and Shapesand (St) to mock one up?
Edit: And also possibly Thinuan (CW) to bind a soul to it.

No, seriously. I'm looking for what the middle ground would be, as by RAW/RAI as possible, between a pile of Animated Objects and an actual Warforged.

Without using the Effigy Template as well by the way. Curious to see how close we can get piecemeal.

Thoughts Playground?

Kuulvheysoon
2013-08-11, 01:11 AM
RAW? The Living Construct subtype.

Yora
2013-08-11, 01:17 AM
The prototype warforged are called Quorcraft Warforged, it's a template in Secrets of Xen'drik.

They have the normal construct type and stronger slam attacks.

unseenmage
2013-08-11, 01:18 AM
RAW? The Living Construct subtype.

Well yes, but how close can we get to that with player created toys. :smallsmile:

The Effigy Template is close but I want to know how close we can get piecemeal.

Sorry, I'll edit the original post to be more specific.

unseenmage
2013-08-11, 01:22 AM
The prototype warforged are called Quorcraft Warforged, it's a template in Secrets of Xen'drik.

They have the normal construct type and stronger slam attacks.

Wow, really? Nice. I'll read up on it. I'm still curious about what other avenues there are to accomplish such a goal though.

Edit: I read it and that's really bad. Intelligence as a nonability and an Advancement line of 'By Character Class'. Somebody dropped the ball with that one.

Kuulvheysoon
2013-08-11, 01:39 AM
Wow, really? Nice. I'll read up on it. I'm still curious about what other avenues there are to accomplish such a goal though.

Edit: I read it and that's really bad. Intelligence as a nonability and an Advancement line of 'By Character Class'. Somebody dropped the ball with that one.

That's not even the worst case of this - there's a monster in the web enhancement for Monsters of Faerun called the Hairy Spider with a LA of +0... and it's a Diminutive Vermin with the Mindless trait.

But that's still pretty sad.

Yora
2013-08-11, 02:11 AM
Quoarcraft warforged are really just warforged shaped golems.

For the first warforged that where truly warforged as understood now, the living construct type would probably be the starting point.

Chronos
2013-08-11, 07:33 AM
You can get the Living Construct subtype from the Soulfused Construct template, in Magic of Incarnum. I think there's a spell that grants it.

captain fubar
2013-08-11, 10:07 AM
if you mean canith prototypes then that would be the warforged charger
and warforged titan

there is also another prototype from Xen'drik i think it might just be a construct though rathar than a living construct

Mechanatrix could also fit this roll quite well with some slight reflufing

a shield guardian is depicted as looking alot like a warforged and awaken construct would give you a mechanical means to invent somthing like a warforged.

ArcanistSupreme
2013-08-11, 10:11 AM
Warforged Titan (ECS p302) are kind of a prototype warforged. They "were among the first warforged constructed," and although they lack the living construct subtype and true sentience, they do have Int 3.

unseenmage
2013-08-11, 11:10 AM
You can get the Living Construct subtype from the Soulfused Construct template, in Magic of Incarnum. I think there's a spell that grants it.

This is almost exactly what I'm looking for; if it just had listed rules for their construction. :smallfrown:

Thanks to everyone for pointing me to these though, didn't know about some of them till now. And I was certainly drawing a blank on the rest. Appreciated.

Slipperychicken
2013-08-11, 11:15 AM
This is almost exactly what I'm looking for; if it just had listed rules for their construction. :smallfrown:

Are there even stats for creation forges?

ArcanistSupreme
2013-08-11, 12:10 PM

I thought there were some in an Eberron book. It's all about House Cannith and the warforged, but I am drawing a blank on the name.

Kuulvheysoon
2013-08-11, 01:09 PM

They call it an "Eldritch Machine" - basically, it's a harnessed wish spell. they mention it as a an explanation (instead of just DM fiat).