PDA

View Full Version : And I Am A Snake Head Eating the Head on the Opposite Side [Creature]

The Demented One
2006-12-15, 10:45 PM
Ouphidian
Size/Type: Large Magical Beast (Psionic)
Hit Dice: 6d8+18 (45 hp)
Initiative: +0
Speed: 50 ft. (10 squares), burrow 20 ft.
Armor Class: 16 (-1 size, +7 natural), touch 9, flatfooted 16
Base Attack/Grapple: +6/+15
Attack: Bite +10 melee (1d8+5 plus temporal poison)
Full Attack: Bite +10 melee (1d8+5 plus temporal poison)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Psi-like abilities, temporal poison
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision, temporal rebirth
Saves: Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +1
Abilities: Str 20, Dex 10, Con 14, Int 3, Wis 14, Cha 12
Skills: Concentration +5, Listen +5, Spot +5
Feats: Psionic Fist, Psionic Body, Psionic Meditation
Environment: Warm Plains
Organization: Solitary, pair, or slither (2-6)
Challenge Rating: 5
Treasure: None
Alignment: Usually True Neutral
Advancement: 7-9 HD (Large), 10-12 HD (Huge)
Level Adjustment: –

Ouphidians are serpentine beings who have transcended time. Their lives are utterly cyclical–when an Ouphidian dies, it immediately regresses back to an embryonic state, and is newly reborn. Ouphidians resemble eight-foot long serpents, with blue and violet scales forming hourglass patterns all along their body. Some believe that the cyclical nature of Ouphidians is tied to the existence of the universe, their constant rebirth helping to perpetuate the multiverse.

Psi-Like Abilities
At will–detect psionics; 1/day–time hop (self only). Manifester level 6th.

Temporal Poison (Su)
An Ouphidian’s fangs are laden with a venom similar in nature to quintessence (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/quintessence.htm) that quickly internally ages its victims. This temporal venom has a DC of 15, and it has both an initial and a secondary damage of 1d6 Con.

Temporal Rebirth (Su)
Upon dying, an Ouphidian begins a process of subjective temporal aging, being reborn and living its life backwards. Within 1d6 hours, it has regressed to an embryonic state inside an egg. Throughout all this time, it is helpless. A Ouphidian cannot be reborn this way if its body is completely destroyed, by the disintegrate spell or similar means or if it is killed by a death attack.

Fizban
2006-12-16, 04:11 AM
Nifty. Do I detect a hint of TMBG, or am I remembering a song wrong?

The_Cowinator
2006-12-16, 04:15 AM
It just keeps coming back...
Does an ouphidian keep all its memories when it is reborn? Cause then it could be a cool recurring villian.

The Demented One
2006-12-16, 09:47 AM
Nifty. Do I detect a hint of TMBG, or am I remembering a song wrong?
Indeed, you are right.

Does an ouphidian keep all its memories when it is reborn? Cause then it could be a cool recurring villian.
I'd be inclined to say yes. However, since they only have a 3 Intelligence, I don't think they're going to be pulling off elaborate villainous schemes.

The_Cowinator
2006-12-16, 02:19 PM
I'd be inclined to say yes. However, since they only have a 3 Intelligence, I don't think they're going to be pulling off elaborate villainous schemes.

Have an Evil Spellcaster bump up it's intelligence a bit and your grand.

Ing
2006-12-16, 03:06 PM
What happens if someone crushes the egg?

martyboy74
2006-12-16, 07:22 PM
It regresses quickly.

Vadin
2006-12-18, 04:34 PM
Any chance of the Guitar Playing Spaceship Controlling Lion from that album?