PDA

View Full Version : Empower & Sneak Attack

Asteron
2013-08-11, 11:45 AM
Hey guys, another question that likely has a simple answer. I'm afb right now, so I can't look it up myself.

Say you have a Wizard with sneak attack from some source or another and he cast an empowered spell. Assume he meets all the criteria for adding sneak attack. Would the sneak attack damage be empowered as well?

How about if the creature was vulnerable to a particular type of damage? Would it be multiplied then?

I'm not at all certain one way or another on the first question, but I'm leaning towards no. I'm pretty sure that the second question is yes because sneak attack is the same type as the spell...

jaybird
2013-08-11, 11:54 AM
Shouldn't be.

Yuki Akuma
2013-08-11, 11:56 AM
Empower Spell boosts the variable qualities of the spell. Sneak Attack dice aren't part of the spell.

If you Sneak Attack dice that are somehow energy damage (such as from a spell like Orb of Fire), yes, anything vulnerable to that sort of energy damage will take extra damage, because it's still energy damage.

Asteron
2013-08-11, 12:32 PM
Thanks for confirming that, Yuki.

Urpriest
2013-08-11, 05:47 PM
More generally, damage multipliers like critical hits and Empower never affect bonus dice.

Crasical
2013-08-11, 06:50 PM
what about an empowered Wracking Touch?

Lord Vukodlak
2013-08-11, 06:53 PM
what about an empowered Wracking Touch?
It deal 1d6+X multiplied by 1.5 plus sneak attack if applicable.