PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Eberron campaign

JungleChicken
2013-08-11, 03:01 PM
A friend is planning on starting a campaign. Starting off at around level 5. Was thinking paladin of tyranny into Bone Knight. So pal/4 BK/1.

Have a couple of questions about flavor and certain feats. Have been thinking of going great flail and improved disarm...so being 2 handed and having an inherent +2 because its a great flail does that mean the disarm bonus is actually +6? If so that seems almost overpowered.

Was also thinking of Goad as a feat. Wish I could get profane life leach but the GM doesn't like that for a PC.

Tips, answers, and discussion welcome. I also have questions about the mount. It seems like you get a skeletal warhorse but it also says it retains the paladin mount abilities...so do I just gestalt it?

Kol Korran
2013-08-11, 03:36 PM
. Have been thinking of going great flail and improved disarm...so being 2 handed and having an inherent +2 because its a great flail does that mean the disarm bonus is actually +6? If so that seems almost overpowered.
That is how it works, yes. But it's +10: +4 from improved disarm, +4 from 2 handed, +2 from flail. But you won't always meet enemies that use weapons, and a cloaked gauntlet can easily negate most of your advantage.

Was also thinking of Goad as a feat. Wish I could get profane life leach but the GM doesn't like that for a PC.don't know that feat. sorry.

I also have questions about the mount. It seems like you get a skeletal warhorse but it also says it retains the paladin mount abilities...so do I just gestalt it?
You take a warhorse, apply to it the skeleton template, (MM1) and add the paladin mount abilities under the class description. No gestalt.

JungleChicken
2013-08-11, 03:47 PM
Goad is a feat that if an enemy can see you and understand you..words body language etc. you can goad them as a standard action. If they fail a will save they must spend the next few rounds attacking you..it can be spells, melee or whatever but you are their focus