PDA

View Full Version : Daurrun

Scurron
2013-08-11, 04:13 PM
Hiya there people! I've been trying to write a novel and I feel like getting all of my thoughts down related to the world will really help me organize things in my head. It'll help me if you leave some comments and give me your honest opinion about the setting. :smallsmile:

Small intro
Daurrun is a separated plane located on a crossroad between dimensions. The city itself is impossibly old, surrounded by the even older Starfell forest, predating the colonization of the universe by humans, and was originally a sacred place to a race of bipedal sentient cats with cannibalistic tendencies called the daur. When the panpire of Alcazar the titan king beat their so-called Silver kings to the ground, other peoples began arriving to the plane, eventually changing the layout of the mini-world in every aspect and turning the city into a fruitful ground for inter-dimesional trade and commerce. The city was destroyed countless times in the past, be it by war or by the unstable nature of the plane, but never abandoned because of its excellent position. It was until the recent few centuries that Daurrun was a dangerous place to live in, but after the Olin'ai mages took over the government five centuries ago, the city turned into a prosperous hub for trade, science, magic and art... for those who can afford it, anyways.

Fun facto: the panpire used the the term "daur run" to describe the place where the daur were carrying out their rituals and it just got stuck later on. Not because the daur liked to run in circles there, as an urban myth tells...

Scurron
2013-08-11, 04:15 PM
Reserved for City layout

Scurron
2013-08-11, 04:16 PM
Reserved for Magic

Scurron
2013-08-11, 04:18 PM
Reserved for tech and stuff

Scurron
2013-08-11, 04:19 PM
Reserved for other locations