PDA

View Full Version : How would you make Spawn from the comic

evyldead
2013-08-11, 05:48 PM
Okay my friend is wondering how to make Spawn from the comics yes the spawn we all know and love well some of us haha so information on how he would be build half-fiend im guessing roug-ish? and shadow dancer ? thats what i got as of right now.

Grayson01
2013-08-11, 06:14 PM
He would need Exotic Weapon Spiked Chain for sure. I would go half-feind or some kind of Int Undead. He could teleport at some points and the cool hellfire thing. What other powers an ablilities did he have, I am inclined to say go Barbarian for a class do to the rage and pure physical Power he demostrated.

Grod_The_Giant
2013-08-11, 06:46 PM
Not too familiar with the character, but from a quick look at his wikipedia page, I'd say Swordsage. That gets you assorted agility powers, teleportation (via Shadow Hand), hellfire (via Desert Wind), some pseduo-super-strength throws and stuff (Setting Sun). Refluff a Skin of Proteus (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/items/universalItems.htm#skinofProteus) as his symbiote suit. Don't bother with Half-Fiend; I'd go with a Tiefling (if LA buyoff is allowed) or the lesser version from PgtF if it isn't.

If you want more magic, multiclass into/gestalt with Warlock for tons of creepy demonic powers. Maybe futz around with the Jade Pheonix Mage PrC to make it work with a Warlock, or else go in with a (battle?) sorcerer and take some Fiendish Heritage feats.

mattie_p
2013-08-11, 10:33 PM
This seems to be a vaguely familiar topic, not that I contributed much the past two (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=282706) times (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=261752) it appeared.

evyldead
2013-08-12, 01:05 AM
i was thinking on having him go into some sort of chained devil for the chains and stuff i have to re-read up on him but he said he had some chain control powers or something like that and chained devil click with me for that and the hellbred ideas i haven't read up on that yet i will though.

@grod - is the jade pheonix in tome of battle as well ?

Grod_The_Giant
2013-08-12, 09:12 AM
@grod - is the jade pheonix in tome of battle as well ?
Yeah-- it's an initiator/arcane caster theurge class. Easy entry requirements, full BAB, 8/10 casting progression, some solid gish-y class abilities (converting spells to melee damage, (limited use of) free metamagic after hitting with a strike, stuff like that), and some fire-y and flavorful powers.

mattie_p
2013-08-12, 09:22 AM
Doesn't Spawn have a limit to how much he can use his power before he is banished back to the nether plane? Maybe do psionics for the power point mechanic, with a Psionic JPM adaptation?

EyethatBinds
2013-08-12, 09:55 AM
For race at least, I suggest the Hellbred from Fiendish Codex 2 page 77.

CockroachTeaParty
2013-08-12, 10:26 AM
Yeah, that would be my stab at it: a hellbred warlock of some kind. Maybe spice it up with a bit more melee goodies.

Dawnmor
2013-08-12, 03:07 PM
Human Half Fiend warlock

Kyberwulf
2013-08-12, 05:33 PM
It would be very difficult. Because When someone is turned into a Hellspawn, it's more then just a class or a race.
The suit itself is a Artifact at least, with a pretty high ego score. It is where he gets most of his weapons from. He can shape-shift it into a lot of things. It's also responds to threats against spawn.
You lose your old body and get a different one. It's not really a human body. The body recieved, is usually taller, stronger and more durable then a human one. Also, the skill set of each Spawn is different because the original person was different.
It would also have a different magic system that is what currently is in place. Yes each ability cost some Necropower. If the clock reaches zero, he is sent back to hell. However he can recharge it by feeding on the evils of man. By sucking it from bugs and things.

So, you would have to come up with the Body part of the Spawn. Then Make up an Epic level Creature, that functions as a suit. Come up with some new system of magic to better reflect the system Spawn uses.

All in all, I would say this wouldn't be a good PC class at all. You got to remember that Hellspawns are a specific design for a specific Purpose. They are the Generals of Hells armies. Meant to lead them into the gates of Heaven and crush them.

Zonugal
2013-08-12, 05:47 PM
I think Half-Fiend SP Hellbred Cleric 4/Crusader 1/Bone Knight 10 works fairly well.

evyldead
2013-08-12, 10:12 PM
@ kyberwulf - he is also in some ways a demonic being known as " Malebolgia" bitch pardon my french but he kind of is in some way he has to do what he is told by him or he will do stuff in different ways to hurt him to "make" spawn do his bidding i mean the suit your correct 100%, but it doesnt have to be an epic level creature of its own, it can be a regular intelligent/cursed artifact suit that has its own my with shapeshifting capabilities, its not as powerful as people make it out to be his fighting is his own, the suit enhances his strength and senses in a way, his physical being is his, the suit is technically his choice to turn on or off but was in a way "being controlled" Malebolgia. all he wanted to do was to be with his family again Malebolgia is preventing that from happening
along with the Violator being in the way to teach spawn his powers he instead gets him in trouble the suit just enhances him the Violator is the one teaching him how to use his powers and telling him all the wrong stuff so spawn would kill and feed off souls and make his suit more powerful. the suit gets bigger and badder by how much souls is being fed into the suit the more souls the more power

Kyberwulf
2013-08-12, 10:48 PM
I know his physical being is his. However, it isn't the body he had in life. He is given a new one. That is much better then a human one.
His suit is a Sentient Parasite. It has a LOT of abilities on it's own. It is pretty much immune to most forms of weapons. Only high energy, or magical weapons can harm it. It reacts to attacks at spawn pretty quickly. Bullets fired from multiple angles, from fully automatic weapons, where being deflected by the chains on his suit. I think he was even using his cloak as a shield in some instances. It even goes far enough that should spawn ever go down. The suit will still protect him.
It has been awhile, since I read the comics, but I am pretty sure K7 Leetha is pretty bad ass.

evyldead
2013-08-12, 11:09 PM
yea the parasite basically improves his abilities i guess you COULD make another character for that but that would be way beyond epic level *spawn in general is beyond epic level* he is just bad ass basically immune to everything but i think high DR is a must plus only holy and magic*SPELLS* can get through it anything of the sort as in magic weapons *longsword +1 wont effect him beyond his DR* i mean thats high level right there but the suit has to be built up in meaning collecting the souls of people or *feeding off the souls* to gain new power, this has to be very well thought out very carefully made character yea go straight barbarian but it wasnt him that was barbarian he was a rogue/assassin until the suit gave him barbaric features immune to weapons and the such so the suit just enhances his abilities and can shapeshift into anything really you will just make Al Simmons as hellbred*because he is reborn as a hellspawn* rogue/assassin and then the suit something else and then chain spike i mean the suit has chained devil features with the chains also so that is a weird thing to put in there so Al is just hellbred rogue/assassin top of his class the suit adds to him as what because it becomes a part of him so these classes would get added into his because they theoretically become one with eachother

EDIT: it could be warlock/hellfire warlock for the hellish blast's and the like but maybe something else or just fighter after that to get the feats and stuff but how the DR and stuff? and it would have to cast like true ressurection on him when he dies cuz he doesnt get that many chances at it but he gets to come back though if i remember correctly