PDA

View Full Version : Assistance Requested: EPIC Campaign Challenge...

ThatOneGuy79
2013-08-11, 11:55 PM
First of all: if anyone reading this has been part of the Rising, Ruin, Reckoning, or Requiem campaigns, or you know what the phrase "The Night of Blood Rain" implies, please stop reading!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey all. I am preparing to run an EPIC campaign. How epic, one might ask? All the players are CR 35 and some have stats in the low 50's. I am currently working on what one might call a "boss" that will be in possession of a cache of artifacts. The fluff will come later, but what I want to do is create "The First". The source of all vampirism. If this were World of Darkness, I would be creating Cain.

Here is what I've come up with so far via www.d20pfsrd.com ...

Dread Vampire (CR 3)
Advanced x 5 (CR 1)
Undead Lord (CR 2)
Vampire [obviously] (CR 2)

I'm still working on what classes to give this baddie. Thinking he'll have 50-60 class levels.

Now I turn it over to my fellow homebrewers. Ideas as to how to make this guy better? Class suggestions? etc, etc?

Doc_Pippin
2013-08-12, 12:14 AM
I would say

A Vampire Lord (www.wizards.com/dnd/article.asp?x=dnd/mm/mm20021018a) is a good start then add your templates and then some good classes IMHO would be Paladin of Slaughter 20, Master Vampire 3, Lifedrinker 10, Lurking Terror 3, and Blackguard 10. That would cover a good chunk and it is very vampire-ish.

ThatOneGuy79
2013-08-12, 12:05 PM
I should probably mention that this is a Pathfinder campaign.

Network
2013-08-12, 12:57 PM
Oddly enough, I was currently asking myself the same question. I came up with a dread arch-vampire (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13450548) vampire lord, although I forgot about the undead lord template.

You could also take any of the variant vampire templates (like those from Libris Mortis or the Ravenloft setting) and give the first vampire the best of all the templates. I heard there where a couple of vampire variants in Pathfinder, but I'm not familiar with them.

Edit : And, when I think about it, you can put in an unique ability that debuffs all vampire and vampire-related opponents he encounters, making him nigh-impossible to kill at the hands of a dhampir/vampire, even a paragon one. Given that they are all directly related to him, he can manipulate their inner vampiric essence to weaken them, which is thematic.

ThatOneGuy79
2013-08-15, 01:28 PM
Anyone else interested in throwing out some ideas?