PDA

View Full Version : Psionic Save Game Trick Earliest possible

Vaz
2013-08-12, 03:48 AM
How does ones go about this as an Ardent? I've seen in referenced but noone really explains how it goes from scratch.

As an Ardent I'd need a Psicrystal correct? What is the lowest level I'd need to be for it?

SolioFebalas
2013-08-12, 06:52 AM
To obtain psicrystal you must be Manifester 1st level and take Psicrystal Affinity (http://dndtools.eu/feats/expanded-psionics-handbook--65/psicrystal-affinity--2266/) feat.

Yuki Akuma
2013-08-12, 07:49 AM
The earliest you can get a psicrystal is level 1, because Ardents have an ML equal to their class level.

However, for the trick to work, you also need Forced Dream (Psion 3rd), Time Hop (Time 3rd), Anticipatory Strike (Time 5th), Psionic Contingency (Psion 6th), Metamorphosis (Egoist 4th), and a friendly Cleric with Status and Imbue Spell-Like Ability, and optionally an item that allows two-way communication between yourself and your psicrystal, such as a set of Sending Stones.

So, the absolute earliest you can do this with an Ardent is level 15 (as that's the level you'll first be able to grab Expanded Knowledge to learn Psionic Contingency).

It's probably better to just do this as a Psion, because then you can do it at level 11.

Psyren
2013-08-12, 08:43 AM
You can get Contingency earlier in a couple of ways:

- be friends with a high level Telepath who can Psychic Chirurgery it into your repertoire or give you a long-duration Soul Crystal containing it.
- A high UMD check (Psion's Eyes soulmeld will help here) and a power stone
- Get someone to Craft a Contingent Spell on your psicrystal, and swap Anticipatory Strike out for Celerity instead.

You can also get Metamorphosis earlier by buying a Skin of Proteus. Use your favorite infinite gp trick (e.g. ladders to 10-ft. poles) to bypass WBL.