PDA

View Full Version : Spell lists for homebrew class

XionUnborn01
2013-08-12, 11:25 AM
I'm working on making a homebrew fighter type class with some actual abilities. one thing I plan on giving them is the ability to cast some spells a handful of times a day. The actual numbers/day and when they get them are still a work in progress.

So the reason I'm here is I've made a list of a few spells from level 1-3 and I was hoping to see what you guys feel about the lists, is anything missing or need to be added, things of that nature. Remember, this is mostly a melee buff class with the possibility of debuff.

Thanks in advance guys.

1st level

protection from (evil, chaos, etc)
shield
shelgarn's persistent blades
cause fear
enlarge person
fist of stone
magic weapon
reduce person
bane
bless
divine favor
doom
entropic shield
remove fear
jump
true strike

2nd

blur
phantom foe
scare
bear's endurance, cat's grace, etc
blindsight
darkvision
mountain stance
whirling weapon
aid
elation
sheild other
silence
barkskin
wraithstrike

3rd

quillfire
baneblade
visage of the deity, lesser
heroism
ray of exaustion
blink
haste
keen edge
magic weapon greater

I want these spells to add to the class, not to be their biggest schtick so please keep that in mind.

Notes: Added Wraithstrike and True Strike

EDIT: The reason flight is absent from their list is because the class will have their own flight.

Grod_The_Giant
2013-08-12, 11:40 AM
Hard to say what is an isn't appropriate without seeing the rest of the class, but... I'd take off the offensive spells and concentrate on defense (shield, blur, etc), buffs (magic weapon, animal spells, etc), and some mobility/utility spells.

The last category seems to be missing. Things like fly and dispel magic.

Also, this thread should probably be in the Homebrew section. You can report your own post and ask a mod to move it, I think.

XionUnborn01
2013-08-12, 11:44 AM
Oh, I forgot to mention that I'm giving the class their own flight, i'll put that in the OP.

I wasn't sure if I should put this in homebrew because all I'm really asking for is a list of spells and a critique of a list of spells.

Svata
2013-08-12, 12:04 PM
True strike. Because +20 to an attack roll is always nice, especially for fighter-types.

Grod_The_Giant
2013-08-12, 12:26 PM
Oh, I forgot to mention that I'm giving the class their own flight, i'll put that in the OP.

I wasn't sure if I should put this in homebrew because all I'm really asking for is a list of spells and a critique of a list of spells.
It's homebrew, innit? For a new class?

Oh, and Wraithstrike. Wraithstrike is incredible for a gish. And Alter Self.

XionUnborn01
2013-08-12, 12:57 PM
Wraithstrike and true strike are added.

I'm not going to put in alter self based mostly on the fact that I don't like the polymorph line and it doesn't really fit the theme of the class to me. I'm trying to stick to things purely combat oriented.