PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to Night Vale Discussion

ElectricMadman
2013-08-12, 02:09 PM
A friendly thread where the comments are bizarre, the moon is beautiful and where we all pretend to sleep while the lights around the Homebrew Forums flash on our screens.

Welcome To The Night Vale Discussion Thread.

ElectricMadman
2013-08-12, 10:50 PM
Let the discussion begin!

Helanna
2013-08-13, 12:18 PM
I actually just finished listening through the archives yesterday, and I really enjoyed it. It strikes an excellent balance between absurdity, comedy, and horror, and I find myself greatly looking forward to the next episode. :smallsmile:

ElectricMadman
2013-08-13, 01:04 PM
I love Kevin.

LOTRfan
2013-08-25, 08:19 PM
Wow, I'm surprised (and perhaps a tad bit disappointed) that there hasn't been more discussion about this very odd podcast series. :smallconfused:

I'm only about halfway through right now, but I have to say that I'm enjoying it. I'm hoping that Cecil mentions Khoshekh and the Hooded Figures again soon, because they were the most interesting characters for me in the beginning. But hey, for all I know they could be reappearing in one of the many I have not listened to yet.

I'm not sure what to make of this little town itself. I seem to switch between believing that this is all one big alternate reality and believing all of this is a combination of Cecil taking copious amounts of LSD while suffering from the Lyme disease me briefly touched upon.

Pink
2013-08-26, 01:56 AM
Just started listening myself. It's a very modern Lovecraftian idea. Been enjoying it immensely. It oozes plot hooks and such to be exploited somehow to the GM centre of my brain. Or perhaps that oozing is related to the lemonade I drank, that was being sold down the street by a fundraiser to erect a ten foot tall wall around the 'dog park'. A wall would certainly make it easier to deny the existence of that particular part of town, however I suspect it would do nothing to lower the volume of the indecipherable buzz that emanates from the 'dog park' which seems to coalesce into words within my mind. Words that demand offerings of newborns and fresh blood.