PDA

View Full Version : RELEASE THE (aquatic monster) !

pilvento
2013-08-12, 04:25 PM
Sup guys, im assembling a list of the most interesting, strong and fun acuatic monsters to use for my acuatic campaing, if you know of any creature that can be fun to battle as a 4 man lvl10 tier3/4 party with their own pirate ship, just name it and ill check it out in the books, please dont forget the reference.

Norin
2013-08-12, 04:41 PM
KRAAAAKEEEEN!!!!

Best monster ever!

pilvento
2013-08-12, 04:43 PM
KRAAAAKEEEEN!!!!

Best monster ever!

Man... FIRST ON THE LIST! but i need to keep going, they defeated another ship and capured it and the crew! they have two ships now! two ships! :smallfurious:

ksbsnowowl
2013-08-12, 04:46 PM
Half Troll (FF) Kuotoa Leviathan (Und).

Sea Drake (FF)

pilvento
2013-08-12, 05:21 PM
Half Troll (FF) Kuotoa Leviathan (Und).

Sea Drake (FF)

Sea Drake... man, im in love. thank you so much!

Big Fau
2013-08-12, 05:31 PM
Do you mean "Aquatic" monster?

There's always That Damn Crab...

Deadline
2013-08-12, 05:33 PM
If you hate your players, and I mean really hate them, you could try an advanced Aboleth.

Kyberwulf
2013-08-12, 05:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHgRAlkpxJw

BLARHARLG!

Kuo-Tao. Monster Manual Pg. 163.

Great for Pirate campaigns. Keep harassing at night. Make them have some Druids that rain down thunder and lightning. Control weather. Board the ship and take them down.

Menzath
2013-08-12, 05:48 PM
mm Styx Dragon (Draconomicon)
That darn Siege crab (Not sure, FF?)
Or just normal Gargantuan Crabs(Or larger/smaller) (Storm wrack)
or maybe A few Amphibious Giants of some sort (Good ol' Amphibious template- Storm wrack)
Or just have em fight a druid. Those guys are everywhere.
Mmm the Classic Fiendish Dire sharks too. Maybe one with that template from (Dragon magazine #? I think it was called kaiju.) Makes em really darn big.

Deadline
2013-08-12, 05:54 PM
A huge fiendish shark with 3 or 4 levels in Disciple of Mephistopheles from the Book of Vile Darkness? That way you could have a shark with a laser beam.

pilvento
2013-08-12, 06:11 PM
So many options, now i dont want them to dock, EVER.

Ill go with the kraken, the drake, and ill make the murloks ride some lasear beam sharks, the dam crab is also a must, i wanted to use the original at the start of the campaing and i totally forgot.

The main plot is The Leviatan, from elder evils, so creatures are in a total caotic state, spawns from elder evil asleep in the depths

pilvento
2013-08-12, 07:24 PM
If you hate your players, and I mean really hate them, you could try an advanced Aboleth.

Source? LoM ? i cant the stats for the ase aboleth nor the advanced

Fyermind
2013-08-12, 07:30 PM
Monster Manual for the Aboleth. They are SCARY if used right. They should be a level or two above the PCs and should play like masterminds. They use minions (like all your other monsters) to attack the PCs and force the PCs to confront them in their homes to make the attacks stop.

pilvento
2013-08-12, 07:58 PM
Monster Manual for the Aboleth. They are SCARY if used right. They should be a level or two above the PCs and should play like masterminds. They use minions (like all your other monsters) to attack the PCs and force the PCs to confront them in their homes to make the attacks stop.

Ty, im still figuring out the main villain, so far he is just a cult leader (humanoid form) but for a final challenge and also a BIG surrprise, this can be a NICE idea. i dont like Axiathul from Elder evils as a final boss.

Fyermind
2013-08-12, 08:02 PM
Enemy Ship (such as flying Dutchman) attacks PCs with the aid of monsters repeatedly. They believe there is a slimy horror enslaved by the Human ships captain. When they fight one of them for real (before they flee) they realize they had it all wrong and the captain is the slave of the Aboleth and is trying desperately to be freed.

Blackhawk748
2013-08-12, 08:12 PM
Well you could always make Godzilla lol But any Dragon with a swim speed would work

pilvento
2013-08-12, 08:18 PM
Enemy Ship (such as flying Dutchman) attacks PCs with the aid of monsters repeatedly. They believe there is a slimy horror enslaved by the Human ships captain. When they fight one of them for real (before they flee) they realize they had it all wrong and the captain is the slave of the Aboleth and is trying desperately to be freed.

Mindblown, not just that, now it will make even more sense to the players once they realice that the leaders of the cult they have been facing are also enslaved by this creature who is willing to disturb the leviatan to bury all the world in water. he knows that the deitys predict the that the leviatan will not only do that but destroy the entire plane. But he is an arboleth he is atheist as f***.

joca4christ
2013-08-12, 08:32 PM
Stormrack also has some great aquatic monsters. Sea wolves, anyone?

ksbsnowowl
2013-08-13, 12:11 AM
Half-illithid (Underdark) Great Wyrm Black Dragon. Cthulhu cometh...

Seriously, the thing is like a CR 25, and has Spell Resistance 47.

Lateral
2013-08-13, 12:14 AM
Of course, you could always be evil and have them fight Wereboar Scrags. In the water, they pretty much can't be killed.

ksbsnowowl
2013-08-13, 12:23 AM
Of course, you could always be evil and have them fight Wereboar Scrags. In the water, they pretty much can't be killed.

Unconsciousness from non lethal damage isn't covered by a wereboar's Ferocity ability. They are no harder to kill than normal scrags.

Lateral
2013-08-13, 12:36 AM
Unconsciousness from non lethal damage isn't covered by a wereboar's Ferocity ability. They are no harder to kill than normal scrags.
...Huh, I guess not. Immunity to nonlethal would still work, though, as long as you can get it without losing the CON score.

Fyermind
2013-08-13, 12:41 AM
Don't put immunity to nonlethal on a regenerative NPC. Wizards are in god mode already. Making mundanes worthless at killing the NPC makes it no better.
Now if said NPC has magic immunity, evasion, mettle, wings of cover (or other immediate action NOPE) etc. Then immunity to damage is a must to stop it from being mailmanned to death.
But really. Don't do it. It gets so old so fast.

Lateral
2013-08-13, 01:18 AM
Don't put immunity to nonlethal on a regenerative NPC. Wizards are in god mode already. Making mundanes worthless at killing the NPC makes it no better.
Now if said NPC has magic immunity, evasion, mettle, wings of cover (or other immediate action NOPE) etc. Then immunity to damage is a must to stop it from being mailmanned to death.
But really. Don't do it. It gets so old so fast.

...It was a joke.

ShadowFireLance
2013-08-13, 04:49 AM
Heh...hehehe....

The Elder Evil himself, Leviathan? Have them fight his tail. :smallwink:
(Use whatever stats you want, and have them realize that the MASSIVE Thing they just finished fighting was his tail. Or a Flipper.)

Darcand
2013-08-13, 07:16 AM
Ochre Jellyfish! They attach themselves to the undersides of passing ships and dissolve the hulls, sinking them.

Posted from Giantitp.com App for Android

Fouredged Sword
2013-08-13, 07:20 AM
Sea bass swarm! With lasers on their heads!

Beardbarian
2013-08-13, 07:32 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwsqFR5bh6Q

THIS^

Norin
2013-08-13, 08:33 AM

THIS^

Haha, so stupid it's awesome!

pilvento
2013-08-14, 02:44 PM

THIS^

Yeah, they been asking for that... and a subaquatic version of this...

http://weknowmemes.com/2013/07/slothcano/

Does a "caotic template" exist? since most of the aquatic monsters and races are Neutral or Lawfull i like the idea of them all being corrupted and mad just from the leviatan bad dreams...

All your ideas are good and im taking notes and preparing a list of random encounters for the PCs thaks a lot and keep em coming

Lateral
2013-08-14, 02:50 PM
Does a "caotic template" exist? since most of the aquatic monsters and races are Neutral or Lawfull i like the idea of them all being corrupted and mad just from the leviatan bad dreams...
There's an Anarchic template, which is basically just Celestial or Fiendish but for chaotic planes. It's in Manual of the Planes. The problem is, it has LA +5, which is... silly. (It also can't be applied to lawful creatures, unfortunately.)

pilvento
2013-08-14, 03:03 PM
There's an Anarchic template, which is basically just Celestial or Fiendish but for chaotic planes. It's in Manual of the Planes. The problem is, it has LA +5, which is... silly. (It also can't be applied to lawful creatures, unfortunately.)

Just what i needed, an yes, +5 LA is... silly. But i like the flavour and description, its just perfect. Thanks.

ksbsnowowl
2013-08-14, 03:13 PM
Does a "caotic template" exist?
Planar Handbook. Anarchic Creature template.

Swordsaged.