PDA

View Full Version : Self-contradictory/Opposing Gods

Infamy
2013-08-12, 10:27 PM
I'm looking to create a small group of gods for an upcoming campaign I intend on DMing. I remember someone else doing this in the past (on this site iirc) which is shamelessly where I got the idea and I was hoping someone would be able to direct me to that thread or help me to develop this idea.

The general idea would be to create 4-8 gods with 2 overarching general tenants that are somewhat contradictory and a few domains associated with them.
For example we might have the god of growth and decay with the domains of say earth, renewal, healing, death, and decay.

Any assistance would be much appreciated!:smallbiggrin:

Sylthia
2013-08-12, 10:52 PM
I think the Homebrew, World-Building subforum might be of help to you. Really, the sky's the limit with making your own deities. Just pick a few domains and then build around that.

Flickerdart
2013-08-12, 11:22 PM
Take a look at the WH40K gods. Slaanesh is the god of beauty and love, but also by extension lust and hedonism. Nurgle is the god of life and rebirth, but also pestilence and decay. Khorne is the god of honour, martial pride, and slaughter. Tzeentch is the god of change and evolution, but also the darkest of plots.