PDA

View Full Version : Links auto-adding into posts?

Sylthia
2013-08-12, 10:28 PM
Is there a new feature in the forums that auto-adds advertisement links into posts, or is it something on my end? I've noticed a few add-like links in posts recently, mine included. If it's a new way to get add-revenue, that's cool, just want to know if I have some new add-ware thing I need to get off my computer.

Here's an example from one of my posts, from the gaming thread, other...
Not there yet, but suspected heavily once I saw a certain skit.

Darn Teepo, why do you have to be so annoying? Guess there's also a near-mandatory annoying character per Tales game.

In a completely unrelated topic, does anybody have a Tales character that resembles them in real life? For me, Malik fits the bill pretty well. (At least before my receding hairline took over.) Blond hair and I even had the same beard style for quite a while.
It had a link where I said "receding hairline".

Savannah
2013-08-12, 10:30 PM
It's your computer. I seem to recall a rash of similar issues a while back that ended up being a browser add-on, so maybe check there first?

NerdyKris
2013-08-12, 10:39 PM
No, you have a virus or browser add on. Run virus and malware scans, and check your browser's addons.

Don't just adblock them. That won't remove the malware, and it could still be doing things behind the scenes.

Sylthia
2013-08-12, 10:39 PM
Thank you. After checking there, I think I found the problem.