PDA

View Full Version : Beginner in PF Adventure Paths

Mjollnir075
2013-08-12, 10:43 PM
Hey guys, a quick question. Im currently DMing a PF game, and interest has lagged a bit. Due to an increase at work, I have less time to prep games these days and my players are becoming.. agitated to say the least. So, my solution to this problem is to try and run a Adventure Path.

So, my question is..
Which adventure path would you suggest picking up, considering that I am a fairly new DM (albeit long time player), DMing a group of three people who have pretty much no experience with tabletop gaming other than the games we played in my homebrewed campaign (which ended up growing a little wonky at the end due to me not paying attention to the details of my own world..)

I have checked out a few reviews about the APs, and I'm fairly sure I'll be either picking up Jade Regent, Kingmaker, Rise of the Runelords or Curse of the Crimson Throne. Which of these APs do the Playground prefer?

(also, I was considering using Kingmaker as a starting AP, then using their kingdom as the base for the other APs, after judicious amounts of fluff rewriting. Is this a cool idea or does it overcomplicate the lore?)

TL;DR Which is better: Jade Regents, Kingmaker, Rise of the Runelords, or Curse of the Crimson Throne?

Deathkeeper
2013-08-12, 10:45 PM
Rise of the Rune Lords was the first published and therefore is a pretty good introduction of the game. Do NOT send inexperienced players into Kingmaker.