PDA

View Full Version : Strange things our cats do

scurv
2013-08-13, 06:36 AM
All cats tend to be strange, Mine will sleep under the blankets of my bed in the center of it after Vacate them in the morning. He will also try to trim my fingernails and bring me food from his bowl if i skip dinner.

Anyone else have such stories about their felines?

Traab
2013-08-13, 08:28 AM
Mine walked on its hind legs while hunting moths. Seriously, she would actually walk forward on her hind legs with her front paws up in the air, ready to spring.

Serpentine
2013-08-13, 10:13 AM
Hmmm... My Moses...
On the bad end, he pisses on everything. Anything soft left on the floor = his dunny. We go through a lot of bath mats (I'm trying to train my housemates to hang it up after showers, but to no avail...).

Usefully, he's really easy to give tablets to. I just grab him by the scruff, rest him on his rump, lever his mouth open, and chuck it in the back of his throat. No worries. He's also a ridiculously friendly cat, and will very pointedly stand with his front paws on my lap and wait for me to move my laptop so he can sit there. If I take too long, he just sits there anyway, but doesn't seem very happy about it.
He also seems to be able to tell when I'm getting ready for bed, and always comes to sleep on my bed.

Really weirdly, when I had a wood fire he used to eat the charcoal. Whole lumps of it, big ones, he'd crunch on down. Crunch crunch crunch...

Balain
2013-08-13, 12:34 PM
This probally doesn't count....Our cat wasn't eating. The vet gave us some pills. The next day the cat was odd. Watching a blank wall for an hour or more. Jumping at nothing, that sort of thing.

We figured the cat was stoned

Looked up the pills. It is some sort of allergy pill that has been found to cause an appetite in cats. Also says you shouldn't give to kids under about 12 years old. It causes hallucinations in kids under 90 lbs or so.

Drakeburn
2013-08-13, 01:51 PM
I've been through a lot of cats, most of them died by illness.

Some odd stuff about my third cat was the fact that he would eat all sorts of odd stuff: yams, ice cream, and other sorts of human food. At one point, he even ate straight out of the pot, that was on the stove, that my family was supposed to have for dinner. :smalltongue:

Another funny thing happened when my aunt from my mother's side came over. She had a dream one night that she was kissing a very handsome man. And when she woke up, she realized that it was my cat (the same third cat) that she was kissing. :smalltongue:

Bhu
2013-08-13, 03:12 PM
The feral mom adopted knocks on the door when he wants in. When he wants out he taps me on the leg and goes to wait by the door. He won't beg for people food, but he will wait till one of us stands up to beg for tuna.

Lentrax
2013-08-13, 03:25 PM
My little Yuki would gently nibble my toes in the morning when it was time to be fed.

Then when I got up, she would stand in her bowl, till I actually started pouring the food.

I miss her...:smallfrown:

BWR
2013-08-13, 03:40 PM
Our dear departed Bezekira refused to drink out of a bowl. For a long while she would drink exclusively from recently used faucets or jump in the bath tub after had taken a shower/bath. Oh, the joys of making sure there was water there for her to drink.
Then she discovered the flower vase. Eventually that became her water bowl. We tried switching to something a bit more managable, but she wouldn't have it. She did accept us moving it from the dining room table to the kitchen floor. Eventually.

KillianHawkeye
2013-08-13, 10:21 PM
Our dear departed Bezekira refused to drink out of a bowl. For a long while she would drink exclusively from recently used faucets or jump in the bath tub after had taken a shower/bath. Oh, the joys of making sure there was water there for her to drink.
Then she discovered the flower vase. Eventually that became her water bowl. We tried switching to something a bit more managable, but she wouldn't have it. She did accept us moving it from the dining room table to the kitchen floor. Eventually.

My cat Ringo (R.I.P.) had a similar water-drinking oddity. For the last several years, he never drank from the water bowl that was placed next to his food bowl in the kitchen. Like your cat, he started drinking from faucets and from the upstairs bathtub until we placed a second water bowl at the top of the stairs that became his primary source of water. I was always amused how he'd go downstairs to eat but come back upstairs to drink his water. :smallamused:

He also quit sleeping in his cat bed after awhile and preferred our living room couch.

Talanic
2013-08-14, 12:33 AM
I have two cats. One is cute, the other is stupid.

I understand that most cats have both qualities, and truly, my cats do too. Specifically, one of the two - Tasha (grey tiger) - is exceptionally cute. The other - Mister (tuxedo) - is phenomenally stupid.

Tasha will not only play fetch (using hair ties or anything else that's suitably circular), she'll bring the object to her human and beg for it to be thrown. Loudly and incessantly. It's adorable and annoying in equal measure, especially when she fails to understand the whole "If you put it within my reach, I'll be more likely to throw it." Picking up the hair tie incites her to go into full huntress mode, taking up a stalking position, faced in the direction that she expects the throw to go.

It's not very flattering when she does that directly towards a wall no more than four feet away from me, but it is honest.

Mister, on the other hand, has been known to attempt to open doors with his face. Regardless of whether the door in question needs to be pushed or pulled open.

Fri
2013-08-14, 12:39 AM
My late cat liked to be bathed. Never gave us any trouble when being bathed. Since it's a white cat and it had the habit to fall into puddles and ditches, that served us well.

OracleofWuffing
2013-08-14, 12:49 AM
"Hey hey! I see you have the treat can there! Gimme a treat! Come on, Put a treat in my mouth! Please! I wanna treat! Just plop it in my mouth! Thank you! Now that I have a treat in my mouth, I'm gonna put it down on the floor... And then eat it off the floor. 'Nother treat, please!"

Eldan
2013-08-14, 01:40 AM
My late cat liked to be bathed. Never gave us any trouble when being bathed. Since it's a white cat and it had the habit to fall into puddles and ditches, that served us well.

Jupiter, my giant tiger, would fight tooth and nail when anyone tried to wash him. On the other hand, he went fishing. I saw him once or twice: standing on a bridge over the nearby small lake, waiting until someone threw in bread for the fishes. Then he'd jump in, dive and come out thirty seconds later with a carp almost his size.

Kymme
2013-08-14, 02:12 AM
I live in a circular house (all of the rooms are connected to a single square hallway), and my cat, Minuit, really really likes to run in all the way around the house. She'll sprint into a room, stare off into space for a couple seconds, then sprint out only to return a few minutes later, repeating the process. It's really funny to watch, especially when our hardwood floor gets waxed and she slides all over it. :smalltongue:

Kid Jake
2013-08-14, 02:54 AM
A buddy of mine used to have this ugly little hairless dog that had to dressed in a sweater to go outside or it'd freeze/burn. He also had a crazy cat that would wait in ambush for it whenever he saw them put the sweater on and leap on the dog's back, using the extra leverage of the sweater like a saddle he'd ride the dog from one end of the house to the other or until he was bucked off. It wasn't a once in a while thing either, it was EVERY time the sweater went on.

SiuiS
2013-08-14, 03:00 AM
Teacup, our red brindled black tabby thingy, prefers to be spoiled. For her first year, she would require a human to hold her and croon while she drank out of a glass. We started drinking more vodka and that habit does really fast.

Now, she eats apples.

Punkin Spice spent his first week living in the bathroom while the others adapted to New Cat Smell. When I came home from working overnight shifts, I would go in, grab a blanket and plop down, invariably finding a cat on my tummy when I awoke. Now, whenever a human enters the bathroom, he will jump into the tub and purr. Fond memories, I suppose~
Punkin also likes to lay in clean litter. He's a shelter kitty, so his cage had a small open pan. It's actually problematic, because he will scare the rest away from goin potty so he can lay in the clean litter longer...

Teacup and her brother Buttermilk will both come running when the mornin alarm goes off. My filly has taken to setting her alarm ten minutes early to have snuggle time.

Teacup has a routine; she will stand on the coffee table and look where the laser is supposed to be. Not where the human puts it, but where it is supposed to be. She will complain if the human does not catch on.

Buttermilk has asked for water by fetching a human from a room, taking them to the kitchen, showing them the three gallon water jug, and then taking them ito the bedroom to observe the empty water bowl. If the human didn't follow, he we begin the process anew.

Scotty (for Butterscotch) is a psychic snuggler. He will lay exactly one cubit away, and purr. If you move, he will move to maintain this distance. He likes to bathe in the outer fringes of the aura?

Punkin likes to play hide and seek, which, as a lazy cat means getting attention with a warble, and then laying down in a box so he can barely see you (usually, really easy to see him) and purr.

Buttermilk likes to spoon. If under the covers with you, so much the better. Now he's spooning in a blanket fort!

Buttermilk has a bad eye, so his depth perception is poop. Buttermilk is also very outgoing. This means that if I get his attention with a laser, and then shine it on the ceiling, he will hop two of the ten feet fully intending to catch that dot. It is the cutest thing. The cutest.

Scotty accepts on myself as his superior. This means he will roll over and purr all submissive style if I yell at him. He just slaps anyone else.

Scotty also likes people-smell. He will steal socks and underwear (used only, s'il vous plaît!) and build nests of them. Or just like, snuggle them like someone on Ecstasy with a teddy bear o_o

No matter how much my cats fight during the day, if I can sneak up on them at night, I will find them arms wrapped around each other making out.

Serpentine
2013-08-14, 05:05 AM
Cute :smallsmile:
Then she discovered the flower vase. Eventually that became her water bowl. We tried switching to something a bit more managable, but she wouldn't have it. She did accept us moving it from the dining room table to the kitchen floor. Eventually.Delightfully bizarre :smallbiggrin:

A buddy of mine used to have this ugly little hairless dog that had to dressed in a sweater to go outside or it'd freeze/burn. He also had a crazy cat that would wait in ambush for it whenever he saw them put the sweater on and leap on the dog's back, using the extra leverage of the sweater like a saddle he'd ride the dog from one end of the house to the other or until he was bucked off. It wasn't a once in a while thing either, it was EVERY time the sweater went on.Video?

More weird stuff with Moses... Like I mentioned, he always sleeps in my bed with me. He almost always likes to be in the crook of my arm. The other day, he deliberately lay on my shoulder in a proper snuggle - I think I got a photo of it somewhere. *looks* Not the time I was thinking of, but basically the same thing:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/q77/s720x720/971960_10200537289767981_190434031_n.jpg
Not really weird, but he's not a very loud purrer. I like to lie with my ear to his chest when he's doing it so I can listen; it's like a secret purr.
He doesn't play as much as he used to, and now I can't really play with him - if I see him in a frisky mood and get up to play, he immediately walks towards his food bowl assuming that's why I'm getting up :smallfrown:
He was not a fan of my ex's eclectus parrot. I don't think he ever attacked her, and rather if she started walking towards her (she seemed to quite like him...), he'd get up and skulk away.
Oh! If you scratch him on his back at the top of his tail, he starts licking his chest furiously. Also if you scratch him in just the right spot on his chest, he gets this great goofy look on his face and starts scratching with his back leg. Like this:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/s720x720/562470_10200362401035872_941160707_n.jpg
It has been commented how weirdly friendly Moses is - he's happy to get belly rubs from just about anyone - and the vet recently commented how good he's looking for 14 years old.

Also, not my cat, but my ex's (she used to hunt snakes; she died of a snake bite), but still relevant, Nidalee:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/270062_2047492540179_2105000_n.jpg

LordChaos13
2013-08-14, 05:14 AM
My first cat (well my mums, who got her when I was 3 months old) thought it was a dog for most of its life.
I am not kidding, she would 'bark' wag her tail like a dog, adopted a newborn puppy we brought home as her own kitten and followed my mum to the shops when she walked there, acting like a dog would in that situation.
It was the strangest thing. Especially since the dog she raised turned out almost entirely catlike

Our cat that acted like a dog raised a dog that acted like a cat...

I recently got a new kitty called Trudy, about 2 years old and a habit of hiding under benches and chewing hair

Malak'ai
2013-08-14, 05:15 AM
My old cat, Little Girl, used to sleep with me at night. The problem with that?
She slept right between my legs (on top of the covers) halfway between my knees and my groin. If I wasn't already spread out, or I was laying on my side when she jumped in the window, she would headbutt my legs until I was in the right position for her to curl up to sleep.
If I moved she would growl and claw my thigh. If I tried to move her, she'd claw my thigh. If I adjusted the covers for any reason, she'd claw my thighs.

One of my parents cats will sit on the floor at the end of the couch, facing the side of the couch and just meow and meow at it for ages, even if no ones sitting on the couch, then just walk off. He does it every day.

One of our old cats would sit on top of the fridge and smack anyone who came close in the face with her paw (no claws), no matter if you were going to the fridge or just walking past.

The same cat, when she was a kitten, would attack your toes if you went barefoot.
She'd also sit in the middle of the road (not smart!) and stare down cars as they approached. I watched her one day and she'd stare at the car and the driver would swerve to avoid her!

Marnath
2013-08-14, 05:26 AM
My cat has this little patch of bunny fur she carries around. It was her sister's, who liked to chase it and play with it. However, the cat that is still alive doesn't really understand what is so cool about it other than the fact that it meant a lot to her sister. So periodically she brings it to me and bawls loudly until I acknowledge that she has in fact brought it to me at which point she just drops it and runs away.

She also likes to roll around in the shower after it's been used, yet she hates water. She makes horrible sounds like she's being murdered.

"OMG I'M WET!! AAGGHH IT FEELS SO BAD!!" :smalleek:
"Then stop doing that, you fuzzy little moron." :smallannoyed:
"I'D RATHER DIIIEEEE!!!" :3

Traab
2013-08-14, 05:41 AM
Serp, that last pic? Its like the cat is saying, "Eventually you will buy fish. I'll wait."

One of my other cats, Amigo, had the interesting habit of never crossing open spaces. He would follow the walls from room to room. He was an outdoor cat and managed to roam the neighborhood, but while in the house? He stuck to the walls. He was also adopted by my dog as a kitten and raised to think that was his momma. It helps that they had identical coloration. He would wrap all four limbs around my big dogs muzzle and start gnawing to play with her. And any time I told my dog, "Go get your baby" she would run off, find the kitten, pick him up in her mouth and bring him to me. Amigo never seemed to mind.

The Succubus
2013-08-14, 05:42 AM
Oh! If you scratch him on his back at the top of his tail, he starts licking his chest furiously. Also if you scratch him in just the right spot on his chest, he gets this great goofy look on his face and starts scratching with his back leg. Like this:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/s720x720/562470_10200362401035872_941160707_n.jpg

Well, I remember a little while back, the Playground successfully psychoanalysed someone's cat, so reflexology is the next logical step. :smalltongue:

SMEE
2013-08-14, 05:58 AM
My moustachioed Kali eats doritos, heart of palm, kneads and nurses on my hair every morning and makes a point that she will sleep between my legs every night, right in the middle of the bed.

I love her.

SiuiS
2013-08-14, 06:19 AM
I think my favorite part of this thread is how the cat people aren't really sure what qualifies anymore. We're all like, "my cat does this, is this normal? I mean, it's normal for us, and not weird, but is it weird for you?" Like we forgot what not being cat people is like! XD

My cat has this little patch of bunny fur she carries around. It was her sister's, who liked to chase it and play with it. However, the cat that is still alive doesn't really understand what is so cool about it other than the fact that it meant a lot to her sister. So periodically she brings it to me and bawls loudly until I acknowledge that she has in fact brought it to me at which point she just drops it and runs away.

She also likes to roll around in the shower after it's been used, yet she hates water. She makes horrible sounds like she's being murdered.

"OMG I'M WET!! AAGGHH IT FEELS SO BAD!!" :smalleek:
"Then stop doing that, you fuzzy little moron." :smallannoyed:
"I'D RATHER DIIIEEEE!!!" :3

XD
<3 this made me laugh so much~!
We have one of those, but then I would have to admit that we leave the door open a wee bit when we use the bathroom so the cats don't feel abandoned. >_>

My moustachioed Kali eats doritos, heart of palm, kneads and nurses on my hair every morning and makes a point that she will sleep between my legs every night, right in the middle of the bed.

I love her.

Aww~
Did you keep her in your hair as a kitten?

Aiani
2013-08-14, 06:57 AM
My cat, Charisma, sometimes like to be very sneaky about getting on laps. My husband or I will look down and say when did the cat get on my lap. I've caught her in the middle of sneaking onto my lap a couple of times. She sits next to you and slowly sneaks one paw onto the lap and then slowly sneaks the next paw onto the lap all the while keeping her head low.

She also likes to steal the dogs food. She will sit in front of the water bowl that is next to the food and then slowly fishes one paw into the food bowl, bring out a piece of food, eat it and clean her paw. Then she repeats the process.

Karoht
2013-08-14, 12:34 PM
Okay, two cats who passed away about 2 years ago. Mamma and Loki.

Mamma had something like 19 litters of kittens in her day. This is before my fiancee and I lived together.
So I was working night shift, and I had to keep my door closed when I got home or the cats would keep me up demanding attention. K, fine, that was easy to deal with.
One day they somehow managed to get the door open.

I woke up with Mamma's face right next to my ear, and her screeching horribly. I open my eyes, and Loki (who was snipped, Mamma was spayed long ago as well) was mounting her. Yeah.

Chidori. She's a kitten we rescued. When we first found her she was smaller and weighed less than a can of soda. Lovey and adorable. Extremely needy, but that was okay.
Then one day she turned completely bonkers. No idea why. She attacks nothing. She gets angry when you put food in her bowl and runs away. She's really weird. LOVES my fiancee. Bites noses when she wants loves. Yeah.

Sybilla. She's my girl. Not super needy but seeks attention often. Excellent hunter. Carries toys. Doesn't really play with them much, but will pick them up and carry them around, for what appears to be no reason we can fathom. It's kind of like she's ADD, picks up a toy intending to play with it in a moment, then goes downstairs, then drops the toy and goes and sleeps.

Broxigar. Still a kitten. Rescue. Has a lot of nursing behavior still, such as kneeding and sucking on your neck if you let him climb there. Attacks everything and then and only then will he sniff it or inspect it otherwise. Shoots first, asks questions later. Very grabby with his paws. Not good at carrying things in his mouth though. He will occasionally grab one piece of kibble in one paw, walk away from the food bowl on three legs, then procede to eat the kibble while holding it.

Roman K
2013-08-14, 01:21 PM
We tend to have numerous cats who go in, on and off, into our house... ground floor in an apartment building, with an attached garden space can do that. Especially as we also live right at the very edge of our neighborhood, in front of a large field.

Some of them have been with us for a long time, though, and are pretty much house cats through and through... with a bit of a wild streak, mind.

One of them, called Orange my most of us (we're not very original in the cat naming department) has a tendency to go crazy whenever she sees my mother go into a closed room. She will jump on door handles, meowing loudly all the while, trying to open the door to get inside.

The standing theory is that she's used to my mother bringing her food around, and that this, combined with her being closed away, throws her into a frenzy. This is the same cat, by the way, who will jump onto tables to look into people's food.

SMEE
2013-08-14, 02:03 PM
Aww~
Did you keep her in your hair as a kitten?

Nope... but she surely loved to perch on my shoulder and always had something against my hair :smallannoyed:

http://www.smeenet.org/images/photo/IMG000111.jpg
http://www.smeenet.org/images/photo/IMG000143.jpg
http://www.smeenet.org/images/photo/IMG000214.jpg
http://www.smeenet.org/images/photo/IMG000225.jpg
http://www.smeenet.org/images/photo/IMG000369.jpg
http://www.smeenet.org/images/photo/IMG000375.jpg
http://www.smeenet.org/images/photo/IMG000377.jpg
http://www.smeenet.org/images/photo/IMG000818.jpg

Bloody furry and mustachioed little thing. :smalltongue:

She is also not amused:

http://www.smeenet.org/images/photo/kaliisnotamuzed.jpg

rs2excelsior
2013-08-14, 04:16 PM
Our cat, Napoleon, would defend the dining room (where his food was). If you walked by, he would occasionally run out and paw your ankles, then run back.

There was also a cat that was owned by someone up the street, but (unlike Napoleon) was an outdoor cat that would sometimes come down to my house. Both Napoleon and Snowy (the other cat) were white, though their eye colors were different. Napoleon didn't notice that little difference, though. He would stand at the screen door with Snowy on the outside and look confused. I think he thought it was his reflection :smallbiggrin:

The Succubus
2013-08-14, 04:31 PM
Nope... but she surely loved to perch on my shoulder and always had something against my hair :smallannoyed:

<snip>

So much cuteness in one tiny internet. ^_^

SiuiS
2013-08-15, 04:21 AM

Bloody furry and mustachioed little thing. :smalltongue:

She is also not amused:

Oh my gosh, that is just darling~!

KacyCrawford
2013-08-15, 10:58 AM
My cat ... fakes he is going to throw up to get our attention... and actually if we were out ... when we get home... as soon as we open the door we MUST pet him immediately! if we donīt ... (letīs say I rush to the bathroom first ... SOMETIMES I NEED TO!) he gets upset and either ignores us or REALLY throws up!

Palanan
2013-08-15, 10:00 PM
My cat, known informally as Pest-Cat, has a passion for cantaloupe.

She loves many things: squirrels, food, feathers, food, any kind of bird, food, walking over you, and especially food. But none of it compares to her cantaloupe.

She was a feral kitten, born of a feral junkyard mother; her first name was Hubcap. Her genes made her quite the cat-beast: for her first two or three years, she was the fastest, strongest, sharpest cat we've ever had. She quickly depopulated the backyard of shrews and voles (their populations have yet to recover) and moved on to squirrels. She used to bring me one or two a year.

Alas, over the past couple of years she has chunkified quite a bit, to the point that squirrels are merely chased within an inch of their lives across the grass, rather than pursued fifteen feet up a tree before she knows what she's doing. She is also no longer the serious threat at the hummingbird feeder that she once was.

She loves drinking water from the faucet, and like any good wildcat, she has to paw at it first (to clear away all the sticks and leaves). But nothing, absolutely nothing compares to the joys of the cantaloupe. The unmistakable scent of it prompts great spasms of frantic mewing. It is bliss.

Coidzor
2013-08-15, 10:05 PM
One of them shows signs of affection. Another one pees in the dog's food and water bowls to the point where we had to get new ones and he continues to pee in the old ones instead of the litter box.

I frequently remind that cat that he's just the right size to make a stew.

Palanan
2013-08-15, 10:20 PM
Cats are known for sometimes making political statements.

:smallannoyed:

Telonius
2013-08-15, 11:18 PM
Tasha will not only play fetch (using hair ties or anything else that's suitably circular), she'll bring the object to her human and beg for it to be thrown. Loudly and incessantly. It's adorable and annoying in equal measure, especially when she fails to understand the whole "If you put it within my reach, I'll be more likely to throw it." Picking up the hair tie incites her to go into full huntress mode, taking up a stalking position, faced in the direction that she expects the throw to go.

My cat October does something similar, but only with few specific cat toys. Toby's an orange tabby (we think he's part Abyssinian). It was the first time I've ever seen a cat who plays fetch. He also lets my 3-year-old wrestle with him (up to a point). We never had him declawed, but he never has his claws out when he's playing with her.

The even stranger thing is that we also have a Shih Tzu (a rescue) who doesn't play fetch. One cat who thinks he's a dog, and one dog who thinks she's a cat.

Marnath
2013-08-16, 07:07 AM
My cat October does something similar, but only with few specific cat toys. Toby's an orange tabby (we think he's part Abyssinian). It was the first time I've ever seen a cat who plays fetch. He also lets my 3-year-old wrestle with him (up to a point). We never had him declawed, but he never has his claws out when he's playing with her.

The even stranger thing is that we also have a Shih Tzu (a rescue) who doesn't play fetch. One cat who thinks he's a dog, and one dog who thinks she's a cat.

My other cat used to like to fetch felt mice. I always used to say that she was a good pet, and the one we still have was a good cat. :smallbiggrin:

Karoht
2013-08-16, 11:20 AM
My cat ... fakes he is going to throw up to get our attention... and actually if we were out ... when we get home... as soon as we open the door we MUST pet him immediately! if we donīt ... (letīs say I rush to the bathroom first ... SOMETIMES I NEED TO!) he gets upset and either ignores us or REALLY throws up!My fiancee is a vet. I mentioned this to her. She said it is odd, and occasionally you see behavior like that in cats with diabetes or thyroid issues. I'm not providing medical advice, but consulting your local vet would be wise.

KacyCrawford
2013-08-17, 11:35 AM
My fiancee is a vet. I mentioned this to her. She said it is odd, and occasionally you see behavior like that in cats with diabetes or thyroid issues. I'm not providing medical advice, but consulting your local vet would be wise.

Oh!!really thanks for your advice.Let me see a local Vet here.