View Full Version : 3.5. Leap Attack and Psionic Lion's Charge?

Galvin
2013-08-13, 05:23 PM
Hi GITP

The power Lion's Charge grants the ability to make a full attack at the end of a charge attack. Leap Attack quadruples power attack damage made on a leaping charge attack.

The question: If a person were to manifest Lion's Charge, and Leap Attack with a power attack, would all the attacks in that full attack gain the quadrupled power attack damage, or would only the initial attack gain the damage.

Thanks

lsfreak
2013-08-13, 06:07 PM
By RAW, all attacks. Though it's not an uncommon houserule to make it with the first attack only. I vaguely recall seeing an argument that first attack only is actually RAW:

This attack must follow all the normal rules for using the Jump skill and for making a charge, except that you ignore rough terrain in any squares you jump over.
and the normal rules for making a charge only has a single attack. But that's really pushing it imo, and would say that it's better to just say, yea, RAW is everything, but I think that's too much and am houseruling it to just the first.

Though I'll also point out that Leap Attack is somewhat ambiguous about the Power Attack part, too. Normal is your PA number, two-handed is doubled. Is +100% a second doubling (three times the number you subtract), or +100% of the already-doubled amount (four times the number you subtract)? (Rhetorical question, I'm pretty sure every time Leap Attack is brought up there's arguments for both sides.)

Galvin
2013-08-13, 06:12 PM
So RAW says that it applies to all attacks? That's all I needed to know.:smallamused: