PDA

View Full Version : Forgotten prestige class

Stag
2013-08-13, 06:44 PM
Hi gang, I've been trying to remember the name of this prestige class I was going to be using for one of my characters in this campaign, and I hoped you guys might help. It has got to do with phoenix's, using the power of the phoenix to regenerate, power your spells, where the user's passion and emotion can effect your spells. I believe this class also gives you the ability to come back to life like a phoenix as well (possibly a capstone ability). The class generally struck me as being either a support cleric or some kind of pyro mage class.
This prestige class was part of a single document, and this class has a special requirement in the form of a ritual you must pass in order to ascend. I think the ritual had something to do with a burning...

It's either 3.5 or Pathfinder I believe.

If anyone happens to know what this class is called I'd appreciate it!

MilesTiden
2013-08-13, 06:48 PM
Well, it's most likely either Jade Phoenix Mage from Tome of Battle, something third party, or something mildly obscure from Pathfinder. I'm not really sure, to be honest.

eggynack
2013-08-13, 06:48 PM
You may be thinking of the Jade Phoenix Mage from ToB, page 113. It looks like it fills many of the requirements you've mentioned.

Edit: Had I not been so consumed by the drive to perfection; had I been driven instead by the allure of alacrity, I may have avoided this fate. Perhaps someday, like the Jade Phoenix Mage itself, I may rise from the ashes of the shame of being swordsaged. For now though, I remain wrapped in the flames of failure.

Stag
2013-08-15, 01:37 AM
No sorry, that wasn't it. But never fear! I at last found it, it was the Fire-Heart prestige class. Guess it wasn't 3.5 or pathfinder.... Thanks for the assist though.