PDA

View Full Version : MtG - You Make the Card II: Wrath of Karn

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Grimsage Matt
2014-01-12, 07:59 PM
Ya, RRRR and Target gains monstrous and +1/+1counters equal to red devotion. A chaos god type divine blessing.

onasuma
2014-01-12, 08:01 PM
Putiril, Lord of Life-Essence 3BGG

Legendary Creature- God MR

At the beginning of your upkeep, draw X cards and lose X life, where X is your devotion to black. Then gain Y life, where Y is your devotion to green.

BG: Regenerate ~

Those who spill their blood for his knowledge feed the crops of those who wish his growth.

3/5

Lea Plath
2014-01-13, 12:05 PM
Iranic, God of the Forge 3RW
Legendary Enchantment Creature - God MR
As long as your devotion to white and red is less than seven, Iranic isn't a creature.
Whenever a non-token artifact enters the battlefield under your control, you may put a 1/1 colorless Golem enchantment artifact creature token onto the battlefield.
1RW: Attach target Equipment you control to target creature you control.
5/3

So he is a token maker and equiper. Goes in weenie decks that pump with equipments or turns artifacts into more dudes.

~Corvus~
2014-01-13, 05:03 PM
I can see Sword of the Meek and Iranic being amazing combos with each other.

Blue Ghost
2014-01-13, 07:04 PM
Susurrus, the Whispering Mire
Legendary Enchantment Land - M
Susurrus, the Whispering Mire enters the battlefield tapped.
(T): If you control an Island or a Swamp, add {U} or {B} to your mana pool.
At the beginning of your upkeep, if you control two Islands and two Swamps, you lose 1 life and draw a card.
If you control four Islands and four Swamps, Susurrus is a 6/6 blue and black God creature with indestructible and intimidate. It's still an enchantment and a land.

Saposhiente
2014-01-13, 10:03 PM
Indestructible
At the beginning of your upkeep, if you control two Islands and two Swamps, you lose 1 life and draw a card.
If you control four Islands and four Swamps, Susurrus is a 6/6 blue and black God creature with intimidate. It's still an enchantment and a land.

Overpowered, needs to have some sort of cost other than being legendary and needing another land when the other big dual lands in Standard still have the Island/Swamp/etc subtypes. Also a utility card at Mythic, yuck. Entering battlefield tapped would probably be good enough though.

Fable Wright
2014-01-13, 11:00 PM
Overpowered, needs to have some sort of cost other than being legendary and needing another land when the other big dual lands in Standard still have the Island/Swamp/etc subtypes. Also a utility card at Mythic, yuck. Entering battlefield tapped would probably be good enough though.

Hilariously overpowered in Legacy and Modern, too, even with coming into play tapped. Free Phyrexian Arena in exchange for playing fetches and Underground Sea/Watery Grave?

Though I have to salute the amazing concept and flavor.

Blue Ghost
2014-01-14, 12:01 AM
Hmm. What if I took out the indestructible, so it would be vulnerable to enchantment removal?

Fable Wright
2014-01-14, 12:18 AM
Hmm. What if I took out the indestructible, so it would be vulnerable to enchantment removal?
Then it's still uncounterable with an incredibly powerful effect in Modern and Legacy?

Jormengand
2014-01-14, 02:48 PM
Khorne

Okay, now I have to:

Tzeentch, Lord of Change 5BBUU
Legenday Enchantment Creature - Demon God (MR)
Indestructible, Protection from Green, Red and White, Flying
As long as your total devotion to Black and to Blue is less than 9, Tzeentch, Lord of Change isn't a creature.
You may cast Sorceries and Enchantments as though they had Flash.
At the beginning of your upkeep, if you control at least four demon god creatures, you win the game.
9/9

Nurgle, Lord of Plagues 3BBGG
Indestructible, protection from Blue, Red and White, Annihilator 1
If your total devotion to Black and to Green is less than 7, Nurgle, Lord of Plagues isn't a creature.
Creatures you control have infect and non-creature spells you cast have wither.
At the beginning of your upkeep, if you control at least four demon god creatures, you win the game.
7/7

Slaanesh, Lord of Pain 2BBWW
Indestructible, protection from Blue, Green and Red, First Strike, Provoke
If your total devotion to Black and to White is less than 6, Slaanesh, Lord of Pain isn't a creature.
Creatures you control have First Strike if they didn't already have it, otherwise they have Doublestrike (so Slaanesh, Lord of Pain has Doublestrike).
6/6

Khorne, Lord of Skulls 4BBRR
Indestructible, protection from Green, Red and White, Deathtouch
If your total devotion to Black and to Red is less than 8, Khorne, Lord of Skulls isn't a creature.
Permanents you control have hexproof.
8/8

Malal, Lord of Terror 9BB
Indestructible, protection from Blue, Green, Red and White.
If your total devotion to Black is less than 11, Malal, Lord of Terror isn't a creature.
Malal, Lord of Terror is treated as colourless. It's still black.
Malal, Lord of Terror is unblockable.
If Malal, Lord of Terror deals combat damage to a player, that player loses the game.
11/11

(Yeah, Malice's number is 111, but that'd be silly.)

Saposhiente
2014-01-14, 04:47 PM
If you control crearues named Khorne, Lord of Skulls, Nurgle, Lord of Plagues and Slaanesh, Lord of Pain, you win the game.

Putting aside how all of that text could never possibly fit on a card, especially considering how Transfigure and Transmute are not evergreen (thus requiring reminder text), you'll need to separate the items of the list with semicolons, instead of commas, to make unambiguous that the names have commas and that you're not required to have cards named "Khorne", "Lord of Skulls", "Nurgle", etc.

Jormengand
2014-01-14, 05:05 PM
Putting aside how all of that text could never possibly fit on a card, especially considering how Transfigure and Transmute are not evergreen (thus requiring reminder text), you'll need to separate the items of the list with semicolons, instead of commas, to make unambiguous that the names have commas and that you're not required to have cards named "Khorne", "Lord of Skulls", "Nurgle", etc.

That's a point. I've got rid of the stuff he does to creatures and stuck in a semicolon after Khorne, Lord of Skulls. I've killed all their flavour text, too. I also got rid of the destroy thing, because it's a bit too restrictive, but they still have the exile thing because it's flavourful and cool.

There probably was a bit too much text on there.

AgentPaper
2014-01-14, 05:44 PM
There probably was a bit too much text on there.

There's still way too much text. Just to give an idea, here's a render of your card:

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/542/a0hn.jpg

This includes a few fixes to the wording to make it actually work. I'd suggest cutting out some of the fat, to make a more reasonable looking card:

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/198/lzo2.jpg

Of course, neither is nearly as bad as Grimsage's Khorne, but I've kind of given up on convincing him to not do crazy over-complicated cards:

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/15/j7ut.jpg

If anyone's interested, the program I used to make these is Magic Set Editor (http://magicseteditor.sourceforge.net/). It's a pretty useful tool, and helpful for visualizing your cards as you make them. You can even add in a pretty picture to help sell your card.

Jormengand
2014-01-14, 05:53 PM
There's still way too much text. Just to give an idea, here's a render of your card

True that. Changed, again.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2014-01-14, 08:27 PM
Idola, God of Hubris 4
Legendary Artifact Creature - God MR
Indestructible
As long as your devotion to colorless is less than 12, Idola, God of Hubris isn't a creature. (Your devotion to colorless is the total amount of colorless mana in the mana costs of permanents you control.)
+1/+1 counters on other creatures you control each increase your devotion to colorless by 1.
3: Put a +1/+1 counter on another target creature you control.
8/8

EDIT: E-Gad, I'm a moron. I somehow managed to convince myself that subtracting a color and adding one were the same thing.

Grimsage Matt
2014-01-14, 08:40 PM
Changed it a bit. No type restriction, but grants Montrous cards Hexproof.

The_Tentacle
2014-01-14, 10:48 PM
Eirssa, God of Battle {3WU}
Legendary Enchantment Creature - God
Indestructible
As long as your devotion to either White or Blue is less than 3, ~ isn't a creature.
Whenever a creature you control attacks, you may pay XWU. If you do, you dictate how up to X target creatures block this turn. Play this ability only if ~ is a creature.
{WWUU, Tap}: put an equipment or enchantment card from your hand onto the battlefield equipped or enchanting a creature you control.
4/4
"You know that saying about the best laid plans going awry? Whoever said that obviously hasn't met me."

In case you were wondering, this is more Athena than Ares.

Well I just gave it a total re-haul due to the very valid points being thrown around by so many different people. I wanted to keep the "tactics" feel, but it seemed to kind of come out like a godly Odric... not sure how to get some distinction between them.

AgentPaper
2014-01-14, 11:16 PM
Melia, God of the Grove GU
Indestructible
As long as your devotion to green is less than five, Melia is not a creature.
As long as your devotion to blue is five or more, you may cast creature cards as though they had flash.
4/4

Mystic Muse
2014-01-14, 11:20 PM
Indestructible
As long as your devotion to either White or Blue is less than 3, ~ isn't a creature.
Whenever a creature you control attacks, you may draw a card.
{XWU}: put a creature with converted mana cost X from your hand onto the battlefield. If it is your turn, it gains haste until end of turn. If it is not your turn, it gets +0/+2 until end of turn.
4/4
"You know that saying about the best laid plans going awry? Whoever said that obviously hasn't met me."

I see a few problems.

1. She pays for 2 of her 3 required devotion.
2. Haste is not a blue or white ability. There are cards that have it, but they're exceptions, such as Akroma, Bonded Fetch, creatures with suspend, or a few old cards that gain control of creatures your opponents control. Nowadays, haste is mostly the domain of red.
3. White or blue don't really do the put a creature into play thing either. At least, not without some sort of consequence. That's the domain of green or some artifacts.

Saposhiente
2014-01-14, 11:48 PM
1. She pays for 2 of her 3 required devotion.

Actually she needs 6 devotion the way it's worded.
I'd also like to point out that getting a card whenever a creature attacks seems quite overpowered, you can play it and then immediately attack with the team for tons of card advantage or combo it with unblockable or flying or regenerate creatures.

LaZodiac
2014-01-14, 11:55 PM
Actually she needs 6 devotion the way it's worded.
I'd also like to point out that getting a card whenever a creature attacks seems quite overpowered, you can play it and then immediately attack with the team for tons of card advantage or combo it with unblockable or flying or regenerate creatures.

Wizards actually recently released how multi color devotion works, and Mystic Muse is correct, unless I'm mistaken.

AgentPaper
2014-01-14, 11:59 PM
Wizards actually recently released how multi color devotion works, and Mystic Muse is correct, unless I'm mistaken.

That's how it works for the wording they use on their gods, but the whole point of this is to show how we would do the gods, so it's perfectly fine for it to have a different wording that works differently.

LaZodiac
2014-01-15, 12:10 AM
That's how it works for the wording they use on their gods, but the whole point of this is to show how we would do the gods, so it's perfectly fine for it to have a different wording that works differently.

True, and the phrasing IS different enough that one could easily see how it works differently.

Androgeus
2014-01-15, 09:30 AM
So pre-Xenagos god card I've been mulling this over

Xenagos, God of Revelry 3RG
Legendary Enchantment Creature - God M
Indestructible
As long as your devotion to red and green is less than 7, Xenagos, God of Revelry isn't a creature.
{1}{R/G}{R/G}: Put a revel counter on target creature. For as long as as that creature has a revel counter on it gains "At the beginning of your upkeep, this creature fights target creature you control." (Creatures continue to revel after Xenagos leaves the battlefield)
6/6

I was undecided if the revelling should be dependent on Xenagos being on the battlefield, but I think the reminder text adds flavour and is slightly amusing.

~Corvus~
2014-01-15, 01:50 PM
Angnisuman, the Living Flame | 3RU
Legendary Enchantment Creature - God | MR
First Strike; Indestructible

As long as your devotion to red and blue is less than 7, Agnisuman isn't a creature.

1(U/R): Copy target instant or sorcery spell that you control. You may choose new targets for the copy. Use this ability only once per spell.

Whenever a spell or creature you control would deal enough damage to cause a creature to die, you may exile it instead and draw a card.

7/4

~Corvus~
2014-01-15, 02:03 PM
{XWU}: put a creature with converted mana cost X from your hand onto the battlefield tapped and attacking. Play this ability only during your combat step.
4/4

Athena or not, I see the same problems as Mystic:

3. White or blue don't really do the put a creature into play thing either. At least, not without some sort of consequence. That's the domain of green or some artifacts.

Mystic hit the nail on the head. Geist (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=247236) did something in line with his flavor, and Kaalia (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=338444) works, too, but not a WU god.

Try putting Artifacts and/or Auras (Enchant Creatures) into play; it's MUCH more in line with WU colors, and could make a burly, god-form of Bruna (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=240208). You could even tutor + put equipment into play, attached to creatures for more cheese that would be much more in line with WU.

Lea Plath
2014-01-15, 06:37 PM
I can see Sword of the Meek and Iranic being amazing combos with each other.

You would need a sac outlet as well.

Ionbound
2014-01-15, 08:49 PM
AgentPaper has inspired me to post a render of my card.

http://i1280.photobucket.com/albums/a491/firedaemon33/Skorpios_zpsc469822c.jpg

AgentPaper
2014-01-15, 09:47 PM
AgentPaper has inspired me to post a render of my card.

http://i1280.photobucket.com/albums/a491/firedaemon33/SkorpiosImage_zpse46bdf18.jpg

There are hybrid mana symbols in the editor as well. Either select U/B and hit the symbols button (it looks like a star), or go to Format -> Insert Symbol.

Also, you have some extra spaces in there, that tends to happen when you copy stuff in. Nothing really for it but to go in and clear them out manually.

Misothene
2014-01-16, 04:14 AM
Mafios, God of Wealth 3WB
Legendary Enchantment Creature- God MR
Indestructible
As long as your devotion to white and black is less than seven, Mafios isn't a creature.
Creatures can't attack you or a planeswalker you control unless their controller pays X for each of those creatures, where X is your devotion to white.
Whenever an opponent casts a noncreature spell, you gain life equal to your devotion to black.
5/6

Eternis
2014-01-16, 07:12 AM
Chronos, God of Time - 3UUB
Legendary Enchantment Creature - God (M)
Indestructible
~ is not a creature if your devotion to blue and black is less than 9.
UUU, T: Attacking creatures target opponent controls get -X/-0, where X is your devotion to blue.
BBB, T: Target creature gets -Y/-Y, where Y is your devotion to black.
Put a -1/-1 counter on target creature you control: Untap ~.
Put a -1/-1 counter on all creatures you control: Tap all creatures target opponent controls.
6/8
Image I would use for this: (http://www.juncha.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/chronos_juncha3.jpg)

Ninjaman
2014-01-16, 09:39 AM
Put a -1/-1 counter on all creatures you control: Tap all creatures target opponent controls.

You could use this ability with no creatures on the field to just tap all your opponents creatures for free.

Ionbound
2014-01-16, 10:23 AM
Alright, I fixed the extra spaces and added the hybid mana symbol.

Mystic Muse
2014-01-17, 05:56 AM
Eris, God of Chaos {3UB}
Indestructible
As long as your devotion to either blue or black is less than 5, ~ isnít a creature.
If an enchantment would be put into your graveyard from the battlefield, instead you may return it to its ownerís hand.
3UB: Destroy target creature. If the creature is destroyed this way, put a token onto the battlefield thatís a copy of that creature.
5/5

Based off of Eris from Sinbad, Legend of the Seven Seas, and the proven fact* that Eris likes the number 5. And hot dogs. but there wasn't a way for me to implement the latter in a card and have it actually work.

*Note: This is not at all proven. Do not take me seriously.

~Corvus~
2014-01-17, 12:01 PM
3UB: Destroy target creature. If the creature is destroyed this way, put a token into play thatís a copy of that creature.

How about put a token into play under your control thatís a copy of that creature.

Mystic Muse
2014-01-17, 03:17 PM
How about put a token into play under your control thatís a copy of that creature.

I think the way cards go nowadays it's the way I wrote it, but I can change it.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2014-01-17, 08:04 PM
I believe that they changed all instances of, "into play under your control," with, "onto the battlefield."

~Corvus~
2014-01-18, 01:43 PM
I think the way cards go nowadays it's the way I wrote it, but I can change it.

I believe that they changed all instances of, "into play under your control," with, "onto the battlefield."

Yep. :smallredface: I haven't been paying close enough attention these days. XD

HypoSoc
2014-01-18, 02:18 PM
Not part of the contest, but relavent card idea I envisioned.
Godslayer 1B
Creature - Human Cleric Assassin - R
B: Regenerate
T: Put a -1/-1 counter on target creature. If that creature is an enchantment, instead put three -1/-1 counters on it.
1/1
How does one kill a god? Slowly and carefully.

Saposhiente
2014-01-18, 02:32 PM
Not part of the contest, but relavent card idea I envisioned.
Godslayer 1B
Creature - Human Cleric Assassin - R
Shroud
T: Put a -1/-1 counter on target creature. If that creature is an enchantment, instead put three -1/-1 counters on it.
1/1
How does one kill a god? Slowly and carefully.

Overpowered even without the enchantment-creature hate, compare Invisible Stalker. In general, -1/-1 counters are so much better than 1 damage to the face, ofc the real point of Stalker is enchantments but this is just too much.

HypoSoc
2014-01-18, 03:25 PM
Regenerate instead of shroud? I was thinking of it more as an assassin. Invisible Stalker is also uncommon, not rare.

AgentPaper
2014-01-18, 03:29 PM
Regenerate instead of shroud? I was thinking of it more as an assassin. Invisible Stalker is also uncommon, not rare.

Invisible Stalker has Unblockable, so it's not really a good comparison. A closer card would be Vedalken Anatomist (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=222861).

~Corvus~
2014-01-18, 03:57 PM
Overpowered even without the enchantment-creature hate, compare Invisible Stalker. In general, -1/-1 counters are so much better than 1 damage to the face, ofc the real point of Stalker is enchantments but this is just too much.

mmmm, I dunno. That's pretty reasonable for a rare. It could just be an "exile target enchantment creature" spell for 2BB and it'd be fine =3.

It wouldn't die if it's not a creature, though.

LaZodiac
2014-01-18, 04:29 PM
Okay! Lets get this judging started!

FireDaemon33:
Skorpios, The Slayer of Heroes
2BBUU
Legendary Enchantment Creature-God

Indestructible
If your combined devotion to Blue and Black is less than 6, ~ is not a creature.
Creatures you control have Deathtouch
T, B/U: Deal two damage to your opponent.
2/1

The hunter crushed his foe with his great club, but it was too late: he had already been stung.

It's certainly an interesting card, but it pays waay to much for it's own Devotion. That aside I do like it's "deathtouch, and an ability to inflict damage" combo, and the implied cycle of "an ability plus a paid ability to make use of it's granted ability" is interesting.

I'm also not big on the name, since it doesn't really sound very god like, but that's not THAT bad

HypoSoc:
Aspial, the Life Giver 3W/G
Legendary Enchantment Creature - God - Mythic
Indestructible
If your devotion to white or your devotion to green is less than 3, ~ is not a creature.
At the beginning of each end step, if you gained life this turn, put a 2/2 green Dryad enchantment creature token onto the battlefield.
1W: Target creature gains Lifelink until end of turn.
3/8

I quite like the split mana cost, so either way it makes it so that it only gives one devotion to itself, though I feel the devotion should be a touch higher, given it's a 3/8. I do like how it's ability works.

I'm not big on it's name though, since it doesn't EXACTLY sound like the name of a god, more of a demi god or avatar, but that's okay.

DMofDarkness:
Pharika 3BG
Legendary Enchantment Creature- God
Deathtouch, Indestructible
As long as your devotion to Black or your devotion to Green is less than 3, Pharika isn't a creature.
At the beginning of each end step, return a creature that died this turn from the graveyard to its owner's hand. If Pharika is a creature, instead return it to the battlefield.
3/8

Rather good card, though I feel it's devotion cost is alittle low. However, it only pays one devotion for herself, so that sort of balances out. I like it's ability, and I love the cycle idea of "it's effect is stronger when it's a creature". That's pretty cool.

I'm not a big fan of it's name though, since it's just "Pharika", when I think it should have a title, like "God of the Returned" or something.

mystic1110:
Iretel, Goddess of Alliance 2WR
Enchantment Creature - God M
Indestructible
As long as you have no devotion to black, green or blue Iretel isn't a creature.
White and Red spells cost BGU less to cast (For example, if you cast a spell with mana cost WR, it costs W to cast.)
5/5

I...really don't understand this card at all. The way it reads, s/he's only a god IF you DO have devotion to black, green, or blue. I know that's the opposite of what you intended, but that's how it reads. Ialso...do not understand it's ability at all.

However it is the first God to have a "God of X" name on it's card, so props for that!

Grimsage Matt:
Khorne 4BBRR
Legendary Enchantment Creature- Demon God MR

Industructible, Haste, Hexproof, Deathtouch
As long as your devotion to red or black is less then 8 ~ is not a creature
Monstrous Creatures you control have Hexproof
Creatures you control have "So long as ~ is monstrous, ~ has; B- ~ gains a +1/+1 counter and fights target creature"
RRRR- Target creature you control gains monstrous X. X is equal to your devotion to red
"Blood for the Blood God!!! Skulls for the Skull Throne!!!"
8/8

It's FAR to powerful in it's abilities, for one. For two, it pays for four of it's devotion cost, making it far easier to get out.

And the worst part is I actually REALLY like what this card COULD of been. Having a god focused on helping ake Monstrosity worthwhile, and giving basic creatures monstrosity as well, that's actually a REALLY cool idea, you just let your silliness get in the way of making a card that could of won :smallsigh:

onasuma:
Putiril, Lord of Life-Essence 3BGG

Legendary Creature- God MR

At the beginning of your upkeep, draw X cards and lose X life, where X is your devotion to black. Then gain Y life, where Y is your devotion to green.

BG: Regenerate ~

Those who spill their blood for his knowledge feed the crops of those who wish his growth.

3/5

Ooh, now this is a VERY interesting ability, and one that uses Devotion in a unique way. It also gives a good implication for what the cycle of multicolour gods could be.

Not a big fan of his name, since it's not very Godly. With a name like that I could see him being more of a demi god, or a god blessed creature. However, since he has regenerate instead of indestructibility, I think you might of been going for that a little? I don't know. Point is it's a cool card.

Lea Plath:
Iranic, God of the Forge 3RW
As long as your devotion to white and red is less than seven, Iranic isn't a creature.
Whenever a non-token artifact enters the battlefield under your control, you may put a 1/1 colorless Golem enchantment artifact creature token onto the battlefield.
1RW: Attach target Equipment you control to target creature you control.
5/3

Hmm, I like this one. I'm not 100% sure if you mean the combined total or both red and white devotion, or if you mean both devotions have to be 7. I'll go benefit of the doubt and assume you mean the former, which gives us a really good Devotion cost, personally.

I like it's ability, and I also like how it's a more peaceful, White flavored version of Purphoros. I would of liked it to have a unique title, since Purphoros is already God of the Forge, but it's still nice.

Blue Ghost:
Susurrus, the Whispering Mire enters the battlefield tapped.
If you control four Islands and four Swamps, Susurrus is a 6/6 blue and black God creature with indestructible and intimidate. It's still an enchantment and a land.

Now THIS card, I rather like. Making the dual colour gods be enchantment lands is quite clever, since it sort of divides the mono and dual coloured gods into their own "sects" in the world. So it's pretty cool.

I'm not entirely big on it's name, since I feel the Gods should have god titles in their names, otherwise it's like "I could see this card as not being a god". But maybe that's what you where going for.

Jormengand:
Okay, now I have to:

Tzeentch, Lord of Change 5BBUU
Indestructible, Protection from Green, Red and White, Flying
As long as your total devotion to Black and to Blue is less than 9, Tzeentch, Lord of Change isn't a creature.
You may cast Sorceries and Enchantments as though they had Flash.
9/9

First off, he seems PRETTY powerful, just using his latent abilities of protection from three colours, and flying on top of it. It's devotion cost is good though, since you still need 5 to get it a creature. I also like it's ability of turning enchantments into flash, I wish that was an effect. I also like the alt win condition.

Dr.Gunsforhands:
Idola, God of Hubris 4
Legendary Artifact Creature - God MR
Indestructible
As long as your devotion to colorless is less than 12, Idola, God of Hubris isn't a creature. (Your devotion to colorless is the total amount of colorless mana in the mana costs of permanents you control.)
+1/+1 counters on other creatures you control each increase your devotion to colorless by 1.
3: Put a +1/+1 counter on another target creature you control.
8/8

I like this card quite a bit, I love it when creatures play around with colourless. However, uh...it's not really colourless, now is it :smallwink:

However, I'll let it slide, and note that it's ability is preeetty powerful. Is still a good card, though can think of some broke ass things that can be done with it.

Also, personal question, where does Hubris come in to this guy?

The_Tentacle:
Indestructible
Whenever a creature you control attacks, you may pay XWU. If you do, you dictate how up to X target creatures block this turn. Play this ability only if ~ is a creature.
{WWUU, Tap}: put an equipment or enchantment card from your hand onto the battlefield equipped or enchanting a creature you control.
4/4

Wow you're lucky, I was just about to start judging this card as you edited it!

The devotion cost is alright, though I feel making it 4 instead of 3 would make it better. It's pay ability is nice, since it implies the cycle will have powers they only get while as a Creature, and I like that. I think it's power is a little strong, but still good since it takes awhile to ramp it up (and neither White nor Blue have all that much mana ramp).

I will note that the way it's pay and tap ability is worded, you can't use it to put enchantments that just sorta sit their, but I'm sure that's intentional and thus okay.

AgentPaper:
Melia, God of the Grove GU
Indestructible
As long as your devotion to green is less than five, Melia is not a creature.
As long as your devotion to blue is five or more, you may cast creature cards as though they had flash.
4/4

Hmm...not a big fan of this. It doesn't pay very much for it's devotion, which is good! But it...doesn't have much in the terms of abilities. It's a shame, because I DO like the implication of the cycle, that each God has one colour be it's "creatureness" and the other is it's ability. But unfortunately, Melia isn't that good an ability, compared to other ways to get it.

Don't get me wrong, it IS a good card, I'm just not a big fan of it.

Androgeus:
So pre-Xenagos god card I've been mulling this over

Xenagos, God of Revelry 3RG
Legendary Enchantment Creature - God M
Indestructible
As long as your devotion to red and green is less than 7, Xenagos, God of Revelry isn't a creature.
{1}{R/G}{R/G}: Put a revel counter on target creature. For as long as as that creature has a revel counter on it gains "At the beginning of your upkeep, this creature fights target creature you control." (Creatures continue to revel after Xenagos leaves the battlefield)
6/6

First of all, points for trying to making one of the God's we know exist. I'm a big fan of speculative card making.

I'm actually a big fan of this card. The devotion cost is great and meshes well with his own mana cost and how much he pays to his own devotion. And I REALLY like the ability, and like the fun you could have with it. I also like the "continue to revel" line :smalltongue:

~Corvus~:
Angnisuman, the Living Flame | 3RU
Legendary Enchantment Creature - God | MR
First Strike; Indestructible

As long as your devotion to red and blue is less than 7, Agnisuman isn't a creature.

1(U/R): Copy target instant or sorcery spell that you control. You may choose new targets for the copy. Use this ability only once per spell.

Whenever a spell or creature you control would deal enough damage to cause a creature to die, you may exile it instead and draw a card.

7/4

I quite like this card, honestly. The cost of it's devotion and how it relates to the mana cost is quite good. I like it's pay ability, though I think 2 mana to copy any instant or sorcery you have is PRETTY powerful.

The more "red" ability is quite good as well, though it's not phrased how effects that do that tend to (I forget how it's worded though >_>). The card draw is a nice rider.

However, I'm not a fan of it's name. It doesn't seem like a god, by it's title, but that's okay. I also don't think it's name shows it's very blue. I'd of gone with thinking flame, personally.

Misothene:
Mafios, God of Wealth 3WB
Indestructible
As long as your devotion to white and black is less than seven, Mafios isn't a creature.
Creatures can't attack you or a planeswalker you control unless their controller pays X for each of those creatures, where X is your devotion to white.
Whenever an opponent casts a noncreature spell, you gain life equal to your devotion to black.
5/6

I like this one pretty well. The mana cost and devotion cost and how they interact and stuff is pretty good. It's abilities are also quite flavorful, and I really like the implied cycle those two devotion dependent ability.

Eternis:
Chronos, God of Time - 3UUB
Legendary Enchantment Creature - God (M)
Indestructible
~ is not a creature if your devotion to blue and black is less than 9.
UUU, T: Attacking creatures target opponent controls get -X/-0, where X is your devotion to blue.
BBB, T: Target creature gets -Y/-Y, where Y is your devotion to black.
Put a -1/-1 counter on target creature you control: Untap ~.
6/8

Hmm...it's devotion and mana cost synch up well. However, it's ability is preeetty powerful, especailly it's Black based ability. Especially since it appears to be permanent, based on your phrasing.

I do like how it removes counters to do things, but it seems a little too powerful. Long story short, it's a little...thrown together.

Mystic Muse: [QUOTE=Mystic Muse;16808964]Eris, God of Chaos {3UB}
Indestructible
As long as your devotion to either blue or black is less than 5, ~ isnít a creature.
If an enchantment would be put into your graveyard from the battlefield, instead you may return it to its ownerís hand.
3UB: Destroy target creature. If the creature is destroyed this way, put a token onto the battlefield thatís a copy of that creature.
5/5

This card's pretty good. It's devotion cost meshes well with it's mana cost, so it doesn't pay for itself too much. I like how it recovers Enchantments, which to me at least implies this cycle of gods might have something that effects Enchantments, as opposed to creatures. It's pay ability is good, and fits BlueBlack quite well.

And the Winner is: Mystic Muse, with Eris, God of Chaos!

Good job everyone! Can't wait to see the next one. My only complaint of you wonderful, talented people, is that no one tried to make a red green god that Xenagos replaced :smalltongue:

Mystic Muse
2014-01-19, 01:55 AM
For this next contest....

Equipment!

Make an equipment you'd like to see in the game! Want something to fetch with Steelshaper's Gift or Stoneforge Mystic? Want something that'll keep the latter on the Modern Banned list indefinitely*? Just want something awesome and cool? Post your ideas for new cool equipment here!

*If you do this, then you clearly hate me.

HypoSoc
2014-01-19, 02:18 AM
Magnetic Armor 3
Artifact - Equipment - U
Equipped creature gets +1/+1
0: Attach target equipment you control to equipped creature. Activate this ability only as a sorcery.
Equip 3
Great design! I love how it makes outfitting a snap. So, how do you get it off?

LaZodiac
2014-01-19, 02:27 AM
Vestement of the Exalted One 3
Artifact - Equipment - r
Exalted
When equipped creature would get +1+1 from Exalted, it instead gets +2+2
Equip {3}

Duck999
2014-01-19, 08:26 AM
Combustion armor 4
Artifact-Equipment U
When equipped creature is dealt damage, sacrifice it. If equipped creature was dealt damage by a creature or planeswalker, equipped creature deals 3 damage to that creature or planeswalker. If equipped creature was dealt damage by an instant, sorcery, non creature land, non creature enchantment or non creature artifact, equipped creatured deals 3 damage to the controller of that card.
Equip 2

Equipped creature deals the 3 damage to whatever dealt damage to it. If it was an instant or sorcery it would be to the controller of that instant or sorcery.

Binks
2014-01-19, 08:53 AM
Cursed Armor of Tyrgol {3}
Artifact - Equipment - R
When ~ enters the battlefield choose an opponent to gain control of it.
At the beginning of your upkeep if ~ is not equipped to a creature it deals 2 damage to you. Else put a -1/-1 counter on equipped creature.
When ~ is not equipped to a creature it has Equip {0}
"The legends speak of a suit of armor given to the strongest warrior to ever live. The armor was like no other ever forged, designed not to protect and strengthen, but to leech the warrior's strength. He put it on before a great battle...and could never take it off...

Jormengand
2014-01-19, 10:44 AM
Banner of the Undying Legion 6
Legendary Artifact - Equipment MR
Equipped creature is a standard bearer in addition to its other types.
Equipped creature is indestructible.
Equip 6

Sword of Destinies 2
Artifact - Equipment C
When a creature who shares a creature type with the equipped creature enters the battlefield, put a +1/+1 counter on equipped creature.
Equip 2

The Blade of the Immortal 6
Equpped creature gets -1/-1 and reach.
Creature can target, damage and kill creatures which have Indestructible or Protection as though they didn't.
Equip 6

The Fellblade (http://whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Fellblade) 8
Legendary Artifact - Equipment C
Equipped creature has +4/+0, Deathtouch, Annihilator 1, Trample and Cumulative upkeep: Put a -1/-1 counter on this creature.
Equip 6
Even the wielder must succumb to its baleful effects.

The Blade of Realities 4
Legendary Artifact - Equipment R
Equipped creature and any creature it is fighting, blocking or blocked by use their base, printed power, toughness and abilities, ignoring the effect of counters, emblems, or other cards.
Equip 4

Mirror blade 4
Artifact - Equipment U
When equipped creature fights, blocks or is blocked by a creature, swap the two creatures' power values until they are finished. If multiple creatures are blocking, choose one.
Equip 2

Ionbound
2014-01-19, 10:59 AM
Thanifex, Spear of Evil 6
Artifact-Equipment-MR

Equipped Creature has +1/+1

Whenever Equipped Creature destroys a creature, place the destroyed creature on the Battlefield under your control

Whenever Equipped Creature is destroyed by a creature, equip ~ to the creature that destroyed it, and place ~ under that creature's controller's control. (Designer's Note: That was the best way I could think to word it)

Equip-3

Jormengand
2014-01-19, 11:01 AM
a Creature equipped with ~

You could just put "Equipped creature".

mystic1110
2014-01-19, 11:32 AM
Germ Mother's Plating 3
Legendary Artifact - Equipment Rare
Living Weapon
Equiped creature has +2/+2 and "Equipment spells you cast have Living Weapon."
Equip - 3
"When I was given life the first thing I saw was the way my brothers and sisters of forged steel were treated by the cruel arms of sentient beings. No More. I shall set them free.

Lord Ruby34
2014-01-19, 12:07 PM
Blazing Banner {1}
Artifact - Equipment - U
Blazing Banner can be equipped only to a white creature.

Equipped Creature has Intimidate and Battle Cry. (Whenever this creature attacks, each other attacking creature gets +1/+0 until end of turn.)

Equip {1}

Before this standard only the righteous need not know fear.

Ninjaman
2014-01-19, 04:50 PM
Combustion armor 4
Artifact-Equipment U
When equipped creature is dealt damage, sacrifice it. Equipped creature deals 3 damga to the source of its damage.
Equip 2

Equipped creature deals the 3 damage to whatever dealt damage to it. If it was an instant or sorcery it would be to the controller of that instant or sorcery.

If it was an instant or sorcery it would be to the controller of that instant or sorcery. That's not how it works. The wording should probably be more like:
Whenever equipped creature is dealt damage, sacrifice it. Equipped creature deals 3 damage to the source of the damage if it was a creature or planeswalker. Otherwise it deals 3 damage to that sources controller.

Still think it is wrong wording, but unsure how is should really be.

~Corvus~
2014-01-19, 05:03 PM
Blazing Banner {1}
Artifact - Equipment - C

Equipped Creature has Intimidate and Battle Cry. (Whenever this creature attacks, each other attacking creature gets +1/+0 until end of turn.)

Equip {1}

Should not be a common for such cheapness and ability.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2014-01-19, 05:43 PM
Also, personal question, where does Hubris come in to this guy?That, being an artifact instead of an enchantment, and the word idol in its name stemmed from the idea of a false god that was created by mortals to serve them as opposed to the other way around. Building such an entity seemed to qualify as hubris, so it's a sort of double-meaning with its tendency to make other, lesser creatures rise above their station.

Yeah, it was pretty fun to make. :smalltongue:

Anyway, derpquipment!

Clamp Gnome 3
Artifact Creature - Gnome R
Bestow 5
Equipped creature gets +2/+1
When equipped creature or Clamp Gnome dies, draw a card.
2/1

Lord Ruby34
2014-01-19, 06:15 PM
Should not be a common for such cheapness and ability.

You're right, I misremembered the card I was basing it on. It should be an uncommon.

~Corvus~
2014-01-19, 06:17 PM
Clamp Gnome 3
Artifact Creature - Gnome Equipment R
Bestow 5
When equipped creature or Clamp Gnome dies, draw a card.
2/1

So does it take [2] to equip a creature?

Grimsage Matt
2014-01-19, 06:37 PM
Soulbound Runeblade 5
Artifact- Equipment
When ~ enters the battlefield, equip it to a creature you control. When ~ is longer equiped, sacrfice ~
When the equiped creature deald combat damage, place a charge counter on ~
Equiped creatures has +1/+1 for each charge counter on ~
BR- Equiped creature gains doublestrike until the end of the turn and fights target creature
Soulbound Runeblade may be cast from the graveyard

Fluff bit later, but a good DK's blade eh?

Dr.Gunsforhands
2014-01-19, 08:11 PM
So does it take [2] to equip a creature?

Actually, it doesn't work at all until I spell out how the artifact version of the bestow mechanic works. I don't really like how it turned out anyway, so I'll just go spoiler it for now.

~Corvus~
2014-01-19, 08:55 PM
Actually, it doesn't work at all until I spell out how the artifact version of the bestow mechanic works. I don't really like how it turned out anyway, so I'll just go spoiler it for now.

I imagine it would operate as coming into play equipped to target creature. You could easily deduce, then, that it is going to cost [2] to equip to a creature.

Binks
2014-01-19, 09:55 PM
I imagine it would operate as coming into play equipped to target creature. You could easily deduce, then, that it is going to cost [2] to equip to a creature.
What's the difference between equipment bestow and something like Grifter's Blade?

~Corvus~
2014-01-20, 12:04 AM
What's the difference between equipment bestow and something like Grifter's Blade?

it could indeed become the naming card for the new "equipment bestow" mechanic, Grift. Edit: no it won't, because grift means to steal or something right? Silly me.

Entrust X (X: you may put this card into play from your hand any time you may play a sorcery card. As ~ enters the battlefield, choose a creature you control it could be attached to. If you do, it enters the battlefield attached to that creature.)

~Corvus~
2014-01-20, 12:09 AM

the difference here being that it can attach itself to creatures that are untargetable

Dr.Gunsforhands
2014-01-20, 12:18 AM

Actually, no. Part of the point was to make it not have an equip cost at all, so that it couldn't get up to all of Skullclamp's old shenanigans. Logically, it would actually lose the equipment subtype once it fell off of a creature, much in the way a Bestow creature stops being an aura.

AgentPaper
2014-01-20, 01:02 AM
I think a better template for equipment creatures would be:

Possessed Sword 1
Artifact Creature - Equipment C
Equipped creature gets +1/+1.
As long as ~ is equipped, it's not a creature.
Equip 1
1/1

Basically the same as what Living Weapon did, but more vulnerable since if you kill it, it stays dead and can't be re-equipped.

Fable Wright
2014-01-20, 02:43 AM
Armor of Gods 3
Legendary Artifact Enchantment - Aura MR
Enchant Creature
Indestructible
When ~ enters the battlefield, choose a color. As long as your devotion to that color is less than 5, ~ gains "Enchant Permanent," and enchanted permanent loses the creature type. If your devotion is 5 or more, Divine Plate loses the Aura subtype and becomes an Equipment with Equip 3.
Attached permanent is indestructible. Creatures you control get +X/+X, where X is the number of colored mana symbols they share with attached permanent.

For that last ability, if the attached permanent costs GG, a creature that costs GGG would get +2/+2. A creature that costs GR would get +1/+1. The equipped creature would get +2/+2.

Saposhiente
2014-01-20, 02:57 AM
I think a better template for equipment creatures would be:

Possessed Sword 1
Artifact Creature - Equipment C
Equipped creature gets +1/+1.
As long as ~ is equipped, it's not a creature.
Equip 1
1/1

Basically the same as what Living Weapon did, but more vulnerable since if you kill it, it stays dead and can't be re-equipped.

Doesn't work, see Ensouled Scimitar (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=51115) ruling: (Equipment that's a creature can't equip a creature.)

Splitting Sword 2
Artifact - Equipment U
Equipped creatures get +1/+1
Equip 1
Multi-Equip 2 (2: Attach to target creature you control without unattaching from other creatures. Multi-Equip only as a sorcery.)

Dr.Gunsforhands
2014-01-20, 03:24 AM
Regisaber 7
Artifact - Equipment MR
Whenever Regisaber becomes attached to a creature, if you did not use its equip ability, exile that creature.
Whenever equipped creature deals combat damage to a player, that player loses the game.
Equip 5BBB

Genosaber 3
Equipped creature has, "T, sacrifice an artifact named Genosaber equipping this creature: destroy each creature that does not share a creature type with this creature."
Equip 6

Venture Co. Greatsword 2
Artifact - Equipment R
Equipped creature gets +3/+3 and has, "creature spells you cast cost 3 more to cast."
Equip 2

Fickle Foil 1
Artifact - Equipment R
Equipped creature gets +3/+3
Whenever equipped creature is dealt damage by a creature, equip Fickle Foil to that creature.
Equip 3
It is said that each sword knows its master, but one will always remain true to its master's master.

Welcome Gift 1
Artifact - Equipment R
Whenever a creature enters the battlefield under your control, equip Welcome Gift to that creature.
The talisman is always passed on to the youngest of the new recruits in hopes that his elders won't outlive him.

Tyrant's Crown 3
(A young girl wearing the tarnished, bejeweled artifact shouts menacingly down a grand staircase into the camera. The setting, much like the crown itself, was once a grand, colorful throne room but is now rather run-down and poorly-lit.)
Artifact - Equipment R
Equipped creature has, "other creatures get -1/-1."
Equip 3

~Corvus~
2014-01-20, 01:24 PM
Ancestral Weapon | 1

Artifact - Equipment | U

Entrust (You may have this card enter the battlefield equipped to a creature you control)

Equipped Creature gets Bushido 2 (When this blocks or becomes blocked, it gets +2/+2 until end of turn.)

Equip 2; ~ Costs 0 to equip to Samurai you control.

Duck999
2014-01-20, 04:13 PM
@Corvus

Isn't entrust a waste. You can just pay the normal mana cost and equip cost to do the same thing effectively. Unless it should be instant instead of sorcery.

Ninjaman
2014-01-20, 04:28 PM
Destroyer of Eterneties - 3
Artifact - Equipment - Mythic
Equipped creature gets +2/+0
Whenever equipped creature deals combat damage to another creature, exile that creature.
Equip 3
To be slain by its cursed blade was considered a fate infinitely worse than death.

AgentPaper
2014-01-20, 05:26 PM
Mirror Blade 3
Artifact - Equipment R
Whenever equipped creature attacks, put a token thatís a copy of it onto the battlefield tapped and attacking. Sacrifice it at the beginning of the next end step.
Equip 4

~Corvus~
2014-01-20, 08:35 PM
@Corvus

Isn't entrust a waste. You can just pay the normal mana cost and equip cost to do the same thing effectively. Unless it should be instant instead of sorcery.

I don't think so. If i'm entrusting it to a Samurai, it costs a total of 2, instead of 4. But more importantly, it costs 4 to attach it to a creature that has shroud (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=270447), for example, because it doesn't target the creature.

Finally, I can see Entrust being useful if it gave the creature shroud, preventing a creature from getting targeted.

Instant speed entrusting would be cool, but it's not in the flavour of the card

AgentPaper
2014-01-20, 08:39 PM
I don't think so. If i'm entrusting it to a Samurai, it costs a total of 2, instead of 4. But more importantly, it costs 4 to attach it to a creature that has shroud (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=270447), for example, because it doesn't target the creature.

Finally, I can see Entrust being useful if it gave the creature shroud, preventing a creature from getting targeted.

Just playing and equipping it is still cheaper, even on a Samurai, since you just cast it for 1 then equip for 0. Shroud isn't really a mechanic that's used anymore, making it a corner case at best.

Duck999
2014-01-20, 09:15 PM

Entrusting it to a samurai would still cost for "by default". You could pay 1 to play and equip it. As agentpaper said, shroud isn't used much anymore, hexproof is. Again, the only way I see it as useful is at instant speed.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2014-01-20, 10:01 PM
See, here what I feel a typical Entrust card would look like:Tailored Blade 2
Artifact - Equipment C
Entrust (You may have this card enter the battlefield equipped to a creature you control.)
Equip 3

~Corvus~
2014-01-21, 05:56 PM
Just playing and equipping it is still cheaper, even on a Samurai, since you just cast it for 1 then equip for 0. Shroud isn't really a mechanic that's used anymore, making it a corner case at best.

See, here what I feel a typical Entrust card would look like:Tailored Blade 2
Artifact - Equipment C
Entrust (You may have this card enter the battlefield equipped to a creature you control.)
Equip 3

Both good points. duly noted :smallsmile:

Grimsage Matt
2014-01-21, 06:06 PM
Corvus, any thoughts on Soulbound Runeblade? You tend to have good advice.

Duck999
2014-01-21, 06:19 PM
Soulbound Runeblade 5
Artifact- Equipment
When ~ enters the battlefield, equip it to a creature you control. When ~ is no longer equiped, sacrfice ~
Equpied creature has; "When this creature deals combat damage place a +1/+1 counter on it"
BW- Equiped creature gains hexproof and vigilance until the end of the turn
BG- Regenerate equiped creature and it gains trample until the end of the turn
BR- Equiped creature gains doublestrike until the end of the turn and fights target creature
5- Return Soulbound Runeblade to your hand from the graveyard

Fluff bit later, but a good DK's blade eh?

Seems fine, though I fixed one typo, and it seems a little good to have a casting cost of only 5 when you have no need to equip it. Also, it seems like it could be a magical runes enchantment rather than an equipment.

~Corvus~
2014-01-21, 06:30 PM
No problem, Matt :smallsmile: I'm glad you like my advice.

Soulbound Runeblade 5
Artifact- Equipment
When ~ enters the battlefield, equip it to a creature you control. When ~ is longer equiped, sacrfice ~
Equpied creature has; "When this creature deals combat damage place a +1/+1 counter on it"
BW- Equiped creature gains hexproof and vigilance until the end of the turn
BG- Regenerate equiped creature and it gains trample until the end of the turn
5- Return Soulbound Runeblade to your hand from the graveyard

The coolest ability, I think, is DS + fight, because it makes said equipped creature stronger before it takes damage. Furthermore, it can clear the board of blockers before said equipped creature swings FTW. Go with that one. I can totally see this being the equivalent of Death Grip, one of the DK's more potent abilities.

With a casting cost of 5, though, paying 10 to return it from the grave is a bit tedious. Edit: Just allow it to return to EITHER return to hand or to the battlefield for 5 (which will activate its ETB effect). This makes it interesting, since it has no equip function of its own.

Finally, why not make the runeblade get +1/+1 counters that persist on it like Skullbriar (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=236485)?

Grimsage Matt
2014-01-21, 06:43 PM
Thanks. I'll keep the Death Grip abillity.

Good idea for just moving it back to the field.

Never heard of it before you mentioned it. Thinking of changing it so the equiped creature gains +1/+1 per charge counter. Part of the Soulbound (WoW version) part is that while the blade is strong, its also dependant on the weilder.

Eternis
2014-01-21, 10:11 PM
Ancient 9
Legendary Artifact - Equipment (MR)
Ancient comes into play with 9 age counters on it
Cumulative Upkeep - 1
At the end of your turn, remove up to 9 age counters from Ancient and put that many +1/+1 counters on equipped creature.
Discard a card: Put an age counter on ~
Each creature blocking equipped creature gets -X/-X, where X is the number of age counters on ~.
Equip - Sacrifice a creature.

Duck999
2014-01-21, 10:23 PM
Ancient 9
Cumulative Upkeep - 1
At the end of your turn, remove up to 9 age counters from Ancient and put that many +1/+1 counters on equipped creature.
Each creature blocking equipped creature gets -X/-X, where X is the number of age counters on ~.

Seems more enchantment ish. You know, minus the equip part. Equipments can usually be physically held or... equipped.

onasuma
2014-01-22, 06:31 AM
Enchanting Pan Pipes 4

Tribal Artifact - Satyr Equipment U

Equipped creature has "You may choose not to untap this creature in your untap step." and "Tap: Gain control of target creature for as long as this creature remains tapped"

Whenever a satyr enters the battlefield under your control, you may attach ~ to it.

Equip 3

Some melodies dance deep into our minds.

Androgeus
2014-01-22, 07:59 PM
Adventurer's Haversack {2}
Artifact - Equipment R
Equip abilities that target equipped creature cost {2} less. This effect can't reduce the amount of mana an ability costs to activate to less than one mana.

Equip {1}

Good adventurers know the advantage of an organized bag. Better adventurers let the bag sort itself.

Saposhiente
2014-01-22, 08:23 PM
adventurer's [in the flavor text, but not in the title]

*adventurers
Also seems underpowered, you'd need to pay at least 3 equip costs for it to at all pay for itself and even then it's meh.

Ionbound
2014-01-22, 09:01 PM
*adventurers
Also seems underpowered, you'd need to pay at least 3 equip costs for it to at all pay for itself and even then it's meh.

I dunno, it looks like it'd be pretty good in an equip-based deck. You play a smallish creature and equip this to is, don't block, and then put 3 pieces of 3-drop equipment on it, and it's suddenly a lot more threatening.

Saposhiente
2014-01-22, 10:30 PM
I dunno, it looks like it'd be pretty good in an equip-based deck. You play a smallish creature and equip this to is, don't block, and then put 3 pieces of 3-drop equipment on it, and it's suddenly a lot more threatening.

Yeah, because nothing could possibly go wrong with a deck that's 70% equipment. After all, it's impossible for your one creature in hand to be removed by an instant and leaving you screwed.

Fable Wright
2014-01-22, 10:46 PM
Yeah, because nothing could possibly go wrong with a deck that's 70% equipment. After all, it's impossible for your one creature in hand to be removed by an instant and leaving you screwed.
Hey, a deck of Lingering Souls, Nether Spirits, cheap Living Weapons and 70% equipment could probably make it work very well indeed. (:smalltongue:)

mystic1110
2014-01-23, 12:23 AM

Steelshapers gift, enlightened tutor, Stoneforge Mystic, 20 lands, My entry for this contest, and 24 other equipment would be a fun deck to play :smallwink:

The_Tentacle
2014-01-23, 06:51 PM
Glamered Armor {4}
Artifact - Equipment (R)
Equipped creature gets +0/+2.
Equipped creature has a morph cost equal to its mana cost -2 +up to one mana of any color. This value cannot be below 1.
3: You may play a creature card from your hand facedown as a 2/2 creature with ~ equipped to it.
Equip 3

Not sure how well this would actually work (if at all), but I liked the idea. Hope I worded it correctly, but I'm not sure if there is actually any kind of reference point for this...

Binks
2014-01-23, 09:24 PM
Glamered Armor {4}
Artifact - Equipment (R)
Equipped creature has a morph cost equal to its converted mana cost -2. This value cannot be below 1.
3: put a creature card from your hand onto the battlefield facedown with ~ equipped to it.
Equip 3

Not sure how well this would actually work (if at all), but I liked the idea.
Seems like it should work, though I'm not sure if giving the blank side of a morph creature morph works like it having morph on the face down side. Also this has the side effect of letting you play any color creature in your deck with it which I'm not sure was the intended result.

Duck999
2014-01-26, 08:08 AM
@Agentpaper: You updated the contest in the first post, but below that it still has a description of dual colored gods....

AgentPaper
2014-01-26, 02:35 PM
@Agentpaper: You updated the contest in the first post, but below that it still has a description of dual colored gods....

Whoops, fixed that. Also corrected the time for judging (which was yesterday, actually).

Mystic Muse
2014-01-26, 03:43 PM
Whoops, fixed that. Also corrected the time for judging (which was yesterday, actually).

Ah sorry about that. I've been busy, thought it was today, and my friends didn't remind me.

I have church in half an hour, otherwise I'd do it now, but I'll do it as soon as I get home. :smallsmile:

Mystic Muse
2014-01-26, 08:33 PM
Grimsage Matt

Soulbound Runeblade 5
Artifact- Equipment
When the equiped creature deald combat damage, place a charge counter on ~
Equiped creatures has +1/+1 for each charge counter on ~
Soulbound Runeblade may be cast from the graveyard

Grimsage Matt, you were SO close with this. If the activate ability had been only once per turn, or if you couldn't cast it from your graveyard, I'd have seriously considered giving you first place. As is, you pushed it just a little bit too over the top.

DMofDarkness

Armor of Gods 3
Legendary Artifact Enchantment - Aura MR
Enchant Creature
Indestructible
When ~ enters the battlefield, choose a color. As long as your devotion to that color is less than 5, ~ gains "Enchant Permanent," and enchanted permanent loses the creature type. If your devotion is 5 or more, Divine Plate loses the Aura subtype and becomes an Equipment with Equip 3.
Attached permanent is indestructible. Creatures you control get +X/+X, where X is the number of colored mana symbols they share with attached permanent.

For that last ability, if the attached permanent costs GG, a creature that costs GGG would get +2/+2. A creature that costs GR would get +1/+1. The equipped creature would get +2/+2.

It's a really neat card, but seems likely to cause headaches. The complexity seems likely to make the average player zone out, and cause arguments.

Saposhiente

Splitting Sword 2
Artifact - Equipment U
Equipped creatures get +1/+1
Equip 1
Multi-Equip 2 (2: Attach to target creature you control without unattaching from other creatures. Multi-Equip only as a sorcery.)

While interesting, Multi-equip seems likely to cause headaches and make it hard to remember what has what bonuses. Plus, it's 2 for a +1/+1, which is just kind of unexciting. Multi-equip seems like a very interesting idea, but may not work in practice.

Dr. Gunsforhands

Tyrant's Crown 3
(A young girl wearing the tarnished, bejeweled artifact shouts menacingly down a grand staircase into the camera. The setting, much like the crown itself, was once a grand, colorful throne room but is now rather run-down and poorly-lit.)
Artifact - Equipment R
Equipped creature has, "other creatures get -1/-1."
Equip 3

This is a very interesting equpment. My complaint is largely that, since it gives all other creatures -1/-1, it could have stood to cost loss.

Corvus

Ancestral Weapon | 1

Artifact - Equipment | U

Entrust (You may have this card enter the battlefield equipped to a creature you control)

Equipped Creature gets Bushido 2 (When this blocks or becomes blocked, it gets +2/+2 until end of turn.)

Equip 2; ~ Costs 0 to equip to Samurai you control.

This equipment is a little plain, but not bad for its cost. If it were a bit more exciting, I'd consider it for winning largely for the entrust mechanic.

Eternis

Ancient 9
Cumulative Upkeep - 1

There are a few problems with this.

One, the card itself costs 9 to play, which means either you cheat it into play (Like with Stoneforge Mystic), or you're never going to cast it. The cumulative upkeep cost makes the equipment unattractive as well. The final ability also seems liable to be really powerful, especially if you can give the equipped creature tample or something.

Onasuma

Enchanting Pan Pipes 4

Tribal Artifact - Satyr Equipment U

Equipped creature has "You may choose not to untap this creature in your untap step." and "Tap: Gain control of target creature for as long as this creature remains tapped"

Whenever a satyr enters the battlefield under your control, you may attach ~ to it.

Equip 3

Some melodies dance deep into our minds.

Unfortunately, I'm not really fond of Satyr, or control changing effects of this nature, so you basically made the "Anti-me" equipment. :smalltongue:

Trying to avoid my biases, I'd say the effect probably deserves to be rare, not uncommon. The equipment itself isn't bad, though I'm not clear on whether, if you have a way to keep the previously equipped creature tapped, whether you still control the one creature.

Androgeus

Adventurer's Haversack {2}
Artifact - Equipment R
Equip abilities that target equipped creature cost {2} less. This effect can't reduce the amount of mana an ability costs to activate to less than one mana.

Equip {1}

Good adventurers know the advantage of an organized bag. Better adventurers let the bag sort itself.

This is actually pretty cool, and I could see it being used in a dedicated equipment deck. I'd gladly use this in my EDH deck.

The_Tentacle

Glamered Armor {4}
Artifact - Equipment (R)
Equipped creature has a morph cost equal to its mana cost -2 +up to one mana of any color. This value cannot be below 1.
3: You may play a creature card from your hand facedown as a 2/2 creature with ~ equipped to it.
Equip 3

Not sure how well this would actually work (if at all), but I liked the idea. Hope I worded it correctly, but I'm not sure if there is actually any kind of reference point for this...

I think that, while this idea is neat, it would be very hard to actually implement in-game as intended.

HypoSoc

Magnetic Armor 3
Artifact - Equipment - U
0: Attach target equipment you control to equipped creature. Activate this ability only as a sorcery.
Equip 3
Great design! I love how it makes outfitting a snap. So, how do you get it off?

This is an interesting equipment, though it has a few problems.

1. Attach only ever seems to be used at instant speed, except in the reminder text for equip. Though, I may just not be remembering properly.
2. This ability is likely rare at minimum, since Puresteel Paladin does a similar thing, and is also rare.

LaZodiac

Vestement of the Exalted One 3
Artifact - Equipment - r
Exalted
When equipped creature would get +1+1 from Exalted, it instead gets +2+2
Equip {3}

While neat, it seems a little too narrow. I'm not sure if it would slot into any existing exalted deck/s, and it doesn't seem like it boosts exalted quite enough. Very interesting idea that I like though.

Duck999

Combustion armor 4
Artifact-Equipment U
When equipped creature is dealt damage, sacrifice it. If equipped creature was dealt damage by a creature or planeswalker, equipped creature deals 3 damage to that creature or planeswalker. If equipped creature was dealt damage by an instant, sorcery, non creature land, non creature enchantment or non creature artifact, equipped creatured deals 3 damage to the controller of that card.
Equip 2

Interesting idea. Unfortunately, it just doesn't quite grab me the way I'd like for it to, and it seems very wordy.
Binks

Cursed Armor of Tyrgol {3}
Artifact - Equipment - R
When ~ enters the battlefield choose an opponent to gain control of it.
At the beginning of your upkeep if ~ is not equipped to a creature it deals 2 damage to you. Else put a -1/-1 counter on equipped creature.
When ~ is not equipped to a creature it has Equip {0}
"The legends speak of a suit of armor given to the strongest warrior to ever live. The armor was like no other ever forged, designed not to protect and strengthen, but to leech the warrior's strength. He put it on before a great battle...and could never take it off...

Interesting, but not something that looks particularly fun to play with or against. It's in a weird limbo where I'm not sure if it's too good, or not good enough.

Jormengand

Banner of the Undying Legion 6
Equipped creature is a standard bearer in addition to its other types.
Equipped creature is indestructible.
Equip 6

I think you mean Flag Bearer, otherwise, this is an overcosted Darksteel Plate. :smalltongue:

Interesting. The only problem I have with it is that it doesn't give the flagbearer ability, so they're more likely to target the flagbearers with the ability than they are to target this creature.

firedaemon33

Thanifex, Spear of Evil 6
Artifact-Equipment-MR

Equipped Creature has +1/+1

Whenever Equipped Creature destroys a creature, place the destroyed creature on the Battlefield under your control

Whenever Equipped Creature is destroyed by a creature, equip ~ to the creature that destroyed it, and place ~ under that creature's controller's control. (Designer's Note: That was the best way I could think to word it)

Equip-3

Very cool equipment. Can be very good, but definitely needs to be built around, while not being too narrow. My only complaint is that it isn't legendary when the name makes it sound like it should be.

mystic1110

Germ Mother's Plating 3
Legendary Artifact - Equipment Rare
Living Weapon
Equiped creature has +2/+2 and "Equipment spells you cast have Living Weapon."
Equip - 3
"When I was given life the first thing I saw was the way my brothers and sisters of forged steel were treated by the cruel arms of sentient beings. No More. I shall set them free.

I have the feeling this could get really out of hand really quickly. I can't think of any specific scenario right off the top of my head, but there are quite a few equipment that could be really dumb with Living Weapon.
Lord Ruby

Blazing Banner {1}
Artifact - Equipment - U

Equip {1}

I like this, and it provides support for one of my favorite keywords, but sadly isn't quite exciting enough to win.

And the winner is!
Firedaemon with Thanifex, Spear of Evil!

Ionbound
2014-01-26, 09:14 PM
I thank you, Mystic Muse. For your new challenge:

Make a Card based on Greyhawk

Have fun!

Duck999
2014-01-26, 09:24 PM
Will people stop doing challenges based off this kind of thing please? They are fine, but I have to do research on the topic first. When making a challenge remember this: not everyone knows what you know.

LaZodiac
2014-01-26, 09:34 PM
Temple of Elemental Evil
Land (R)
~ comes into play tapped
{T}: Add U, B, or R to your mana pool
{T}, Sacrifice an Elemental: Draw a card
{U}{B}{R}, ( T ): Place a 1/1 blue, black, and red Elemental creature token on the battlefield.

Grimsage Matt
2014-01-26, 10:11 PM
Gary Gygax, Creator of the Multiverse 5UBGWR
Legendary Enchantment Creature- Wizard God MR
Industructable
So long as your Devotion to blue is less then 5 ~ is not a creature
X, T- Place a X/X token into play. Its power and toughness is a total of X, its color may be of any type of mana spent for X, and it may be of any creature type.

10/10

While I play D&D, I am not very fammilar with Greyhawk. So, a Gygax tribute instead. Just need to finish it tomorrow.

AgentPaper
2014-01-26, 10:26 PM
X, T- Place a X/X token into play. Its power and toughness total X, its color may be of any type of mana spent for X, and it may be of any creature type.

10/10

While I play D&D, I am not very fammilar with Greyhawk. So, a Gygax tribute instead. Just need to finish it tomorrow.

Hah! I like it, but you're missing a crucial part: The created creature's stats should be 3d6/3d6.

Grimsage Matt
2014-01-26, 10:40 PM
It is done.

To be honest, my first impulse was tomb of horrors, but I never played it, so was not sure how to translate "everything up to and including your underwear has a horrible trap designed by a god of TPW".

The_Tentacle
2014-01-26, 11:00 PM
Obsidian Citadel
Legendary Land (R)
~ enters the battlefield tapped.
{Tap}: add one mana of any color to your mana pool.
{2X, Tap}: search your library for a legendary creature with converted mana cost X or less and put it into play.
The Obsidian Citadel stood in the Flanaess, housing the Circle of Eight and maintaining balance between Good and Evil, Law and Chaos.

AgentPaper
2014-01-26, 11:05 PM
Beholder XBBBB
Creature - Horror R
Beholder enters the battlefield with X eye counters on it.
T, Remove a eye counter from Beholder: Destroy target creature.
4/4

Dr.Gunsforhands
2014-01-26, 11:13 PM
Grey Hawk BW
Creature - Bird U
Flying
Tseeeeer!
3/1

Saposhiente
2014-01-27, 12:37 AM
X, T- Place a X/X token into play. Its power and toughness is 3d6/3d6, its color may be of any type of mana spent for X, and it may be of any creature type.

"3d6" doesn't exist in Magic terminology. You can do it like Elvish Impersonators (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=9669), but then it has to be an un-card (Joke card, like from Unhinged and Unglued, which is not legal in tournaments, having a silver border).

Grey Hawk BW
Creature - Bird U
Flying
Tseeeeer!
3/1
Ermahgerd it's better than Storm Crow imbaimbaimbaimbaimbaimba :smalltongue:

onasuma
2014-01-27, 04:41 AM
Call that a greyhawk? This is a greyhawk!

Grey Hawk 4

Artifact Creature - Bird C

Flying

Tap: Target creature loses all colours until end of turn

Cacawwww

2/2

~Corvus~
2014-01-27, 05:46 AM
Tomb of Horrors

Plane - Greyhawk

At the beginning of each upkeep and whenever you roll [chaos], each player names a card from his or her deck, and then reveals the top card of their library. If no one reveals any of the named cards, then each player must sacrifice a non-land, non-token permanent.

Whenever you roll a 3 on [chaos] or each player reveals a card of the named cards, you may search your library for a card and put it into your hand, then shuffle your library.

Edit: that's the best/shortest way I could think of wording it.

Fable Wright
2014-01-27, 12:32 PM
Tomb of Horrors 2BB
Sorcery - R
Destroy all creatures. They can't be regenerated.

~Corvus~
2014-01-27, 12:57 PM
Tomb of Horrors 2BB
Sorcery - R

I see whatcha did there :smallamused:

HypoSoc
2014-01-27, 01:08 PM
Illusive Implosion 2UU
Sorcery - R
For each creature, its controller must pay 1 or return the creature to its owners hand.
It sure looked like a trap-induced total structural collapse.
-Norin the Wary

mystic1110
2014-01-27, 01:52 PM
Beholder 3BB
Creature - Horror U
Flying.
1B, T: Put a -1/-1 counter on target creature. Then if W was spent to use this ability, tap that creature; if U was used, that creature doesn't untap at the beginning of it's controllers next upkeep; if G was used, Beholder fights that creature; and if R was used, Beholder deals 2 damage to that creature's controller.
"Beauty is in the heart of the beholder" - Said someone, who never saw a Beholder.
3/3

Blue Ghost
2014-01-27, 02:59 PM
Not setting specific, just a generic DnD inspired thing.

Thieves' Guild Trainee - 1B
Creature - Human Rogue Ally ( U )
Level Up 1R
Level 1-4: First strike
3/2
Level 5+: First strike, deathtouch
When ~ attacks and isn't blocked, it gains +3/+0 until end of turn.
4/2

2/1

Duck999
2014-01-27, 04:05 PM
Not setting specific, just a generic DnD inspired thing.

Thieves' Guild Trainee - 1B
Creature - Human Rogue Ally ( U )
Level Up
Level 1-4: First strike
3/2
Level 5+: First strike, deathtouch
When ~ attacks and isn't blocked, it gains +3/+0 until end of turn.
4/2

2/1

Levelers normally have 3 tiers plus their starting P/T and level up. Also, what is the level up cost?

Blue Ghost
2014-01-27, 09:16 PM
Levelers normally have 3 tiers plus their starting P/T and level up. Also, what is the level up cost?

The standard is two tiers.

And yes, I forgot to put the cost. Sorry. :smallredface:

Duck999
2014-01-27, 09:52 PM
The standard is two tiers.

And yes, I forgot to put the cost. Sorry. :smallredface:

Oh yeah... derpish me.

Ionbound
2014-02-02, 02:14 PM
Alright. Judging is up.

Beholder 3BB
Creature - Horror U
Flying.
1B, T: Put a -1/-1 counter on target creature. Then if W was spent to use this ability, tap that creature; if U was used, that creature doesn't untap at the beginning of it's controllers next upkeep; if G was used, Beholder fights that creature; and if R was used, Beholder deals 2 damage to that creature's controller.
"Beauty is in the heart of the beholder" - Said someone, who never saw a Beholder.
3/3

Impressively done. Not too expensive, and captures the versatility of the Beholder monster.

Illusive Implosion 2UU
Sorcery - R
For each creature, its controller must pay 1 or return the creature to its owners hand.
It sure looked like a trap-induced total structural collapse.
-Norin the Wary

This is the fake ToH ending, right? I think it should cost maybe a little more, seeing as it's in a similar vein to Sea God's Revenge, which costs 5U

Tomb of Horrors 2BB
Sorcery - R

A good Black wiper. Again, it's a little cheap, but so was the Tomb.

Tomb of Horrors

Plane - Greyhawk

At the beginning of each upkeep and whenever you roll [chaos], each player names a card from his or her deck, and then reveals the top card of their library. If no one reveals any of the named cards, then each player must sacrifice a non-land, non-token permanent.

Whenever you roll a 3 on [chaos] or each player reveals a card of the named cards, you may search your library for a card and put it into your hand, then shuffle your library.

Edit: that's the best/shortest way I could think of wording it.

I think I can see what you were going for here, but I can't figure out how you'd roll a 3 on [chaos]. Maybe there's just a facet of the planes cards I'm missing.

Grey Hawk 4

Artifact Creature - Bird C

Flying

Tap: Target creature loses all colours until end of turn

Cacawwww

2/2

A very nasty card, especially in Black mirror matches. I quite like it.

Grey Hawk BW
Creature - Bird U
Flying
Tseeeeer!
3/1

A cheap flyer in a black/white deck...Useful, but quite bland.

Beholder XBBBB
Creature - Horror R
Beholder enters the battlefield with X eye counters on it.
T, Remove a eye counter from Beholder: Destroy target creature.
4/4

A pretty nasty card that has to be dealt with quick, or else your opponent has some serious problems. Nice.

Obsidian Citadel
Legendary Land (R)
{2X, Tap}: search your library for a legendary creature with converted mana cost X or less and put it into play.
The Obsidian Citadel stood in the Flanaess, housing the Circle of Eight and maintaining balance between Good and Evil, Law and Chaos.

Ah yes, The Circle of Eight's stronghold. Very effective, very flavorful, and has a place in just about any deck. Well done.

Industructable
X, T- Place a X/X token into play. Its power and toughness is a total of X, its color may be of any type of mana spent for X, and it may be of any creature type.

10/10

You know, if this was cheaper, had less stats, and wasn't omnicolored, I would absolutely love this card. As it is, however, it's unplayable without a way to cheat it in.

Temple of Elemental Evil
Land (R)
~ comes into play tapped
{T}: Add U, B, or R to your mana pool
{T}, Sacrifice an Elemental: Draw a card
{U}{B}{R}, ( T ): Place a 1/1 blue, black, and red Elemental creature token on the battlefield.

Very nice. A good cycle of spawn, add mana, or draw. A nice, solid land that would fit into just about any Blue, Black, or Red deck.

And now, after quite a while of deliberation...the winner is:

Obsidian Citadel
Legendary Land (R)

You gave it an excellent balance of flavor, power, and playability. I'd run this in just about any deck I have.

Blue Ghost
2014-02-02, 05:00 PM
You missed my card. :smallfrown:

Ionbound
2014-02-02, 05:02 PM
Shoot, I totally did. I did like it, but the Citadel still wins out. Sorry, my bad.

HypoSoc
2014-02-02, 05:05 PM
My card hits your own creatures as well, so it was more of an evacuation.

mystic1110
2014-02-02, 05:14 PM
Welp didn't win, but CONGRATS The_Tentacle!!

The_Tentacle
2014-02-03, 12:05 PM
Alrighty then, for the next contest, let's make a creature with some form of evasion. It can have other abilities too, but it has to have some kind of evasion.

Grimsage Matt
2014-02-03, 12:22 PM
Extortionist Pug 2{B/W}{B/W}
Creature- Beast MR
All non-land permenants you control have Extort {B/W}
2BW- Exile target blocking creature and return it to play tapped. Treat this abillity as an instant spell.
"So adorable you freely give your soul."
2/2

mystic1110
2014-02-03, 12:41 PM
Conniving Senator 2UB
Creature - Human Adviser
Protection from players with bribe counters on them.
Will of the Council - When Conniving Senator enters the battlefield, starting with you each player votes for grace or condemnation. If grace gets more votes, each player who voted grace gains a bribe counter, and draws 3 cards. If condemnation gets more votes or is tied, then each player who voted grace discards 3 cards, and each player who voted condemnation gains a bribe counter and discards a card.
3/3

Having fun with the new multiplayer mechanic for MTG conspiracy.

one on one these are the choices:

Grace - Condemnation (you discard 3 cards, opponent discards 1 card, and this thing has protection from the opponent)
Grace - Grace (Everyone draws 3 cards and this has protection from both players)
Condemnation - Grace (you discard a card, opponent discards 3 cards, and this has protection from you - aka reverse hex proof)
Condemnation - Condemnation (Each player discards a card and this has protection from everybody )

It gets more complicated with more players. :smallbiggrin:

Binks
2014-02-03, 01:53 PM
One for Theros block. Not sure of p/t, it looks like a vanilla would be an 8/8 but positive abilities can send this down as low as 4/4. This is an odd positive ability, so I'm erring on the side of caution (in line with Maelstrom Archangel).

It's evasion since your opponent either needs an enchantment creature, or a creature with an aura on it to be able to block.

Nyxborn WUBRG
Legendary Creature - Spirit Avatar
~ has protection from creatures that are not enchantments and are not enchanted.
"Born from the realm of the gods it seems to be completely unaware of mortal concerns, drifting through entire armies to reach its goal without paying them the least mind."
5/5

Jormengand
2014-02-03, 02:19 PM
Disk of Tzeentch 1BU
Creature - Demon
Bestow 2BBUU
Flying, Vigilance
Enchanted creature has +1/+1, Flying and Vigilance
2/2

I like making Warhammer-themed cards. Don't judge me.

LaZodiac
2014-02-03, 02:23 PM
Mana-charged Acrobat 2
Creature - Human (U)
{1} Target creature can't block ~ until the end of this turn
Any player may activate this ability
2/1
They had souls like empty vials, and vials are made to be filled.

Fable Wright
2014-02-03, 02:30 PM
Mana-charged Acrobat 2
Creature - Human (U)
{1} Target creature cannot block ~

Power/Toughness?

Also, is that effect indefinite? If so, some way to mark it would be nice.

Ionbound
2014-02-03, 02:31 PM
Bald Old Man-2UU

Creature-Human Monk-R

Cannot be Blocked by Creatures with Higher Power

{UU}: Cannot be Blocked.

Rule 1: Never act incautiously when when confronting little bald wrinkly smiling men

3/4

LaZodiac
2014-02-03, 02:32 PM
Power/Toughness?

Also, is that effect indefinite? If so, some way to mark it would be nice.

...OOPS! I completely forgot to note both of those things :smallredface:

Fable Wright
2014-02-03, 02:38 PM
Emissary of Balance WBB
Creature - Avatar Demon R
Protection from the player with the highest life total
{1}: Gain one life. If you have less life than any other player, gain control of ~. Any player may activate this ability.
6/6
Life flows freely for him to take.

HypoSoc
2014-02-03, 02:50 PM
Repulsor Golem 4
Artifact Creature - Golem - R
Vigilance
1: Target creature can't block ~ until end of turn.
1, T: Remove target attacking creature from combat. Untap it. Activate this ability only during the declare blockers step.
3/3
The concepts are simple: attract and repel. Combined,they do wonderful things.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2014-02-03, 03:50 PM
Elusive Raider 3UU
Creature - Human Pirate R
Hexproof
Elusive Raider cannot be blocked by any combination of creatures with total power 5 or greater. Creatures blocking or blocked by Elusive Raider cannot be the target of spells or abilities their controllers control.
Whenever Elusive Raider deals combat damage to a creature, you may draw a card.
2/5

(This thing's liable to be edited later.)

Duck999
2014-02-03, 08:09 PM
Disk of Tzeentch 1BU
Creature - Demon
Bestow 2BBUU
Flying
2/2

I like making Warhammer-themed cards. Don't judge me.

Normally it give whatever it has, it does not have vigilance.

Lord Ruby34
2014-02-04, 08:15 AM
Fearsome Raider 1R
Creature- Human Warrior U
Haste
~ cannot be blocked by creatures with Power 2 or less.
2/1
When the villagers saw the longships on the horizon they did the only thing they could: Run.

Jormengand
2014-02-04, 11:52 AM
Normally it give whatever it has, it does not have vigilance.

Suppose I could give the Disk itself vigilance. I wanted something to represent the increased movement speed, but Haste wouldn't really work unless you're prepared to drop both cards on one turn, and first strike doesn't synergise well with flying.

Lord Ruby34
2014-02-04, 02:07 PM
Suppose I could give the Disk itself vigilance. I wanted something to represent the increased movement speed, but Haste wouldn't really work unless you're prepared to drop both cards on one turn, and first strike doesn't synergise well with flying.

He means you need to give the Demon itself flying. All bestow creatures give the same abilities that they have.

Blue Ghost
2014-02-04, 03:30 PM
Viashino Bloodblade 3R
Creature - Viashino Berserker R
When Viashino Bloodblade attacks, it gets +1/+1 until end of turn for each creature defending player controls.
Viashino Bloodblade cannot be blocked if defending player controls two or more untapped creatures.
"Outnumbered three hundred to one? Those are my kind of odds."
2/2

AgentPaper
2014-02-04, 03:45 PM
Smiling Devil 1RR
Creature - Devil U
Creatures with +1/+1 counters on them can't block.
T: Put a +1/+1 counter on target creature.
If you think you've gotten a good deal from a Devil, count your fingers.
2/2

Jormengand
2014-02-04, 04:43 PM
He means you need to give the Demon itself flying. All bestow creatures give the same abilities that they have.

The demon has flying, and always did. He meant I needed to give it vigilance.

Saposhiente
2014-02-04, 05:02 PM
Smiling Devil 1RR
Creature - Devil U
2/2

Technically this isn't evasion, though I would allow it if I was judge.

AgentPaper
2014-02-04, 05:16 PM
Technically this isn't evasion, though I would allow it if I was judge.

I was going by this definition from the MTG Salvation wiki (http://wiki.mtgsalvation.com/article/Evasion):

An evasion ability is an ability of a creature that improves its chances of damaging the defending player by restricting which creatures can block it.

Though I do acknowledge that it's stretching the definition a bit.

Saposhiente
2014-02-04, 05:50 PM
For it to meet the technical definition of evasion (it's in the Comprehensive Rules), it would have to be "cannot be blocked by creatures with +1/+1 counters," though that would be a less-interesting card.

Lord Ruby34
2014-02-04, 06:42 PM
The demon has flying, and always did. He meant I needed to give it vigilance.

:smallredface: That was what I meant. I forgot to recheck which ability the card needed.

Androgeus
2014-02-05, 08:06 AM
Norin, Tactical Coward 1R
Legendary Creature - Human Coward
Norin, Tactical Coward can't attack.
At the beginning of combat on your turn, you may exile Norin. If you do return it to the battlefield under its owner's control at the beginning of the declare blockers phase, tapped and attacking.
2/1

kinda wanted a blocking clause here, but it is the wording to make it work was far far too long.

onasuma
2014-02-05, 06:43 PM
Illusive Illusionist 1U

Creature - Illusion Wizard U

Unblockable

Whenever ~ is the target of a spell or ability, it loses unblockable until end of turn.

Invisible until you see him.

2/2

Saposhiente
2014-02-05, 10:41 PM
Illusive Illusionist 1U

Unblockable

Whenever ~ is the target of a spell or ability, it loses unblockable until end of turn.

2/2

The second ability rarely does anything, usually a 2/2 unblockable for 2, which is overpowered.

Grimsage Matt
2014-02-05, 10:45 PM
Just wondering, but does giving all nonland permenants you control Extort and getting it to trigger when one of your creatures is blocked count as an evasion method?

mystic1110
2014-02-05, 10:45 PM
The second ability rarely does anything, usually a 2/2 unblockable for 2, which is overpowered.

Can be blocked the turn you enchant or equip the guy - still very powerful. . .

Fable Wright
2014-02-05, 11:25 PM
Can be blocked the turn you enchant or equip the guy - still very powerful. . .

No, you just do that second main phase if it would ever be a problem.

Now, see, if it were the Illusion ability of being sacrificed when he was the target of a spell or ability, that would be a more interesting card. As it is, it's just an another overpowered blue creature with evasion.

Mystic Muse
2014-02-06, 01:39 AM
Just wondering, but does giving all nonland permenants you control Extort and getting it to trigger when one of your creatures is blocked count as an evasion method?

Extort only triggers off of casting spells, so even if it did (It wouldn't), it would still not function within the rules.

onasuma
2014-02-06, 04:05 AM
I disagree. Compared to a whole bunch of unblockables out there, mine flat up has a clause saying how to beat him. Chuck an anything at him after hes declared as an attacker, pop a thing in the way, problem solved. Compared to invisible stalker? Come on now.

Saposhiente
2014-02-06, 12:11 PM
I disagree. Compared to a whole bunch of unblockables out there, mine flat up has a clause saying how to beat him. Chuck an anything at him after hes declared as an attacker, pop a thing in the way, problem solved. Compared to invisible stalker? Come on now.

"Chuck an anything at him"
The #1 thing you'd be willing to target an opponent's creature with is removal. I don't know of much else that is commonly run. So your argument here is "no guys, it dies to Doom Blade." So does Baneslayer Angel... so does Baneslayer Angel.

mystic1110
2014-02-06, 12:18 PM
No, you just do that second main phase if it would ever be a problem.

Well yeah, but it prevents the - drop jitte, attack unblocked scenario, slowing down the game by 1 jitte attack

Androgeus
2014-02-06, 01:30 PM
To be fair, there is already a 2/2 unblockable creature for 2 (http://magiccards.info/ala/en/174.html). I guess the only question here is, is the drawback enough to make casting it easier?

Also minor quibble, Unblockable isn't a keyword so a creature can't lose it. I think what you want is something like this "~ can't be blocked unless it has been the target of a spell or an ability this turn", not sure if the game can look back to see this though.

Duck999
2014-02-06, 09:23 PM
Sir not appearing in this game 3B
Creature-illusion R
~ Can not be blocked by creatures that share a creature type with any other creature on the battlefield.
As long as ~ is the only illusion you control, ~ gets +1/+1
3/4

Ionbound
2014-02-11, 02:37 PM
Wasn't judging supposed to be up yesterday?

AgentPaper
2014-02-11, 02:47 PM
In general, if you see that judging is late, or even that it's supposed to be happening on that day and hasn't been posted yet, I would suggest sending a PM directly to the judge with a friendly reminder. It's very easy to lose track of time and/or this thread since it moves fairly slowly, so nine times out of ten the judge simply needs a poke to get going on it.

If you want to avoid spamming said judge with friendly reminders, you could also post here saying that you sent them a message, but I doubt that that would ever really be a problem.

The_Tentacle
2014-02-11, 06:38 PM
And heeeeeere's Judging!

Grimsage Matt:

Extortionist Pug 2{B/W}{B/W}
Creature- Beast MR
All non-land permanents you control have Extort {B/W}
2BW- Exile target blocking creature and return it to play tapped. Treat this ability as an instant spell.
"So adorable you freely give your soul."
2/2

Minor syntax issues: you donít need that {B/W} after Extort, and you donít need that instant ability thing at the end of its activated ability. So, this works off of removing the blockers, with the added perk of giving everything you have extort. That first ability is pretty powerful, I think, cause extort is actually a really good mechanic. Iím not good at judging balance, so Iíll leave it at that. Flavor-wise, Iím not really seeing it. So itís a dog that extorts stuff and gets people out of its way? Is it supposed to be like itís paying them off or something? Or is it like a fear thing? Mechanically, this works, but Iím just not really getting a ďwhyĒ from the flavor.

mystic1110:

Conniving Senator 2UB
Creature - Human Adviser
Protection from players with bribe counters on them.
Will of the Council - When Conniving Senator enters the battlefield, starting with you each player votes for grace or condemnation. If grace gets more votes, each player who voted grace gains a bribe counter, and draws 3 cards. If condemnation gets more votes or is tied, then each player who voted grace discards 3 cards, and each player who voted condemnation gains a bribe counter and discards a card.
3/3

Interesting flavor. Itís hard to work out in your head but it seems like it would be a lot more straightforward when you actually implement it. So this ďWill of the CouncilĒ thing would be a recurring keyword, with the votes for Grace and Condemnation each time, but different effects? Because itís hard to work out in my head, and Iím not good at judging fairness, Iím just going to skip to ďGood job! Nice card.Ē

Binks:

Nyxborn WUBRG
Legendary Creature - Spirit Avatar
~ has protection from creatures that are not enchantments and are not enchanted.
"Born from the realm of the gods it seems to be completely unaware of mortal concerns, drifting through entire armies to reach its goal without paying them the least mind."
5/5

Honestly, this seems kind of plain for a five-color legendary creature. You could maybe put in some more interactions with gods, like getting bonuses or doing something to them. Still, a nice and interesting card.

Jormengand:

Disk of Tzeentch 1BU
Creature - Demon
Bestow 2BBUU
Flying, Vigilance
2/2

First of all, bestow creatures I think always give +X/+Y, where X is their power and Y is their toughness, plus all abilities they have. As is, I think the bestow is a bit overcosted, compare Eel Umbra (http://magiccards.info/roe/en/65.html) and Ashaís favor (Ēhttp://magiccards.info/query?q=asha%27s&v=card&s=cname), which have additional things and total 5. I think that 4 or 5 for the bestow cost would be fine. Other than that, a nice, simple card with a good ability.

LaZodiac:

Mana-charged Acrobat 2
Creature - Human (U)
{1} Target creature can't block ~ until the end of this turn
2/1

Good card, nice and simple, but just not really doing it for me. I donít really see a flavor, and the effect isnít particularly interesting, with the ďany player can activateĒ only useful during Two-Headed Giant or something. Also, I could see it being blue or something.

firedaemon33:

Bald Old Man-2UU
Creature-Human Monk-R
Cannot be Blocked by Creatures with Higher Power
{UU}: Cannot be Blocked.
Rule 1: Never act incautiously when when confronting little bald wrinkly smiling men
3/4

Wording should be ď~ cannot be blocked by creatures with a higher power than ~.Ē And is that second ability just indefinite or something? Is it until the end of the turn? Either way, the wording is kind of off. Flavor-wise, Iím not sure what youíre going for. Maybe the bald old man is some kind of karate master, but why does that mean that stuff more powerful than him canít block it? Just not seeing it. I like the card, but I donít get the flavor.

DMofDarkness:

Emissary of Balance WBB
Creature - Avatar Demon R
Protection from the player with the highest life total
{1}: Gain one life. If you have less life than any other player, gain control of ~. Any player may activate this ability.
6/6
Life flows freely for him to take.

Why is this a demon? If anything, it should be an angel. Also, there is more black in his mana cost than white, and this card doesnít really seem black at all to me. If it dealt damage instead of the life gain, then I could see it being a demon, but this just seems like color pie bendage right here. And not for a particularly flavorful cause either, since itís a demon. Just doesnít fit right.

HypoSoc:

Repulsor Golem 4
Artifact Creature - Golem - R
Vigilance
1: Target creature can't block ~ until end of turn.
1, T: Remove target attacking creature from combat. Untap it. Activate this ability only during the declare blockers step.
3/3
The concepts are simple: attract and repel. Combined, they do wonderful things.

Interesting card. Iím not seeing the ďattractĒ mentioned in the flavor text, but as its name is ďRepulsor Golem,Ē so thatís fine. Itís nice how you gave it vigilance to synergize with its two abilities too. Very nice card. However, I could see the evasion ability being a little more costly, like maybe 2 or something, but itís probably fine.

Dr. Gunsforhands:

Elusive Raider 3UU
Creature - Human Pirate R
Hexproof
Elusive Raider cannot be blocked by any combination of creatures with total power 5 or greater. Creatures blocking or blocked by Elusive Raider cannot be the target of spells or abilities their controllers control.
Whenever Elusive Raider deals combat damage to a creature, you may draw a card.
2/5

I might consider changing the hexproof on this guy to shroud, since as is you can hit him up with buff stuff until heís essentially impossible to kill. Right now, the only way kill him is forced sac, field buffing after blocking, or boardwipes. Since there arenít really that many of any of those, heís going to be tough to kill. This may have been what you were going for, but this isnít really elusive, itís almost straight-up invincible. Still, a nice, interesting card.

Lord Ruby34:

Fearsome Raider 1R
Creature- Human Warrior U
Haste
~ cannot be blocked by creatures with Power 2 or less.
2/1
When the villagers saw the longships on the horizon they did the only thing they could: Run.

Very nice card. Simple, easy to understand, with a strong and flavorful ability. Good job.

Blue Ghost:

Viashino Bloodblade 3R
Creature - Viashino Berserker R
When Viashino Bloodblade attacks, it gets +1/+1 until end of turn for each creature defending player controls.
Viashino Bloodblade cannot be blocked if defending player controls two or more untapped creatures.
"Outnumbered three hundred to one? Those are my kind of odds."
2/2

I can just picture the image for this one tooÖ Flavorful, strong, and balanced card (as far as I can tell). I could maybe see you giving it haste, but I think that itís fine as is. Well done.

AgentPaper:

Smiling Devil 1RR
Creature - Devil U
2/2

Very nice card, though I could see it being part black. Itís fine as is though. While not technically evasion, This qualifies for me; Iím not that picky. Good job.

Androgeus:

Norin, Tactical Coward 1R
Legendary Creature - Human Coward
Norin, Tactical Coward can't attack.
At the beginning of combat on your turn, you may exile Norin. If you do return it to the battlefield under its owner's control at the beginning of the declare blockers phase, tapped and attacking.
2/1

Itís an interesting card, but I donít really understand how the second ability is part of him being a coward? Is he hiding and then jumping out to attack or something? Itís interesting, and I donít see any major problems, Iím just a bit confused by it.

onasuma:

Illusive Illusionist 1U
Unblockable
2/2

First of all, replace that ďisĒ with ďbecomesĒ [/nitpicking]. My problem with this is that almost any spell or ability that an enemy would target this with would impair its ability to attack or deal damage in some way. Itís the same problem I had with Wild Defiance (Ēhttp://magiccards.info/avr/en/203.htmlĒ) in my Naya deck. Still, itís a nice card, with an interesting version of the standard illusion rules. Nice job.

Duck999

Sir not appearing in this game 3B
Creature-illusion R
~ Can not be blocked by creatures that share a creature type with any other creature on the battlefield.
As long as ~ is the only illusion you control, ~ gets +1/+1
3/4

Ahhhhh, Monty PythonÖ

I think that this guyís mana cost should go up or his power should go down. As is, against most lineups itís a 3/4 unblockable for 4, which is a little strong. I could see it just going down to 2/3 or maybe 2/2, or maybe 3/3.

Winners:

In third place, Blue Ghost, with Viashino Bloodblade!

In second place, AgentPaper, with Smiling Devil!

And the winner is... HypoSoc, with Repulsor Golem!

Really great job everyone, I had a tough time choosing these three!

LaZodiac
2014-02-11, 06:41 PM
To at least clarify what my thing was, my idea was for colourless humanoids, who where basically "lacking" mana. Like, how in the base canon, everything except artifacts have a "mana" in their soul, which is why they're all coloured. However, I see what you mean, and the cards that won deserved it.

Also it could have some use in free for alls :smallwink:

Grimsage Matt
2014-02-11, 06:53 PM
See the little pug with its large, expressive eyes. As they stare at you, they begin to become sad, lonly, unloved:smallfrown: It looks so sad you give it something to try and fill that acheing hole in your heart it created.

And then of course, its used to guilt trip you into heavy donations.

The exile thing is its defence mechannisim. You wouldn't hurt this little thing would you?

Ionbound
2014-02-11, 06:56 PM
The flavor for mine, and most of the mechanics as well, area reference to Discworld, specifically Lu-Tze (http://wiki.lspace.org/mediawiki/index.php/Lu-Tze).

Fable Wright
2014-02-11, 06:57 PM
DMofDarkness:

Why is this a demon? If anything, it should be an angel. Also, there is more black in his mana cost than white, and this card doesnít really seem black at all to me. If it dealt damage instead of the life gain, then I could see it being a demon, but this just seems like color pie bendage right here. And not for a particularly flavorful cause either, since itís a demon. Just doesnít fit right.

Mostly because I intended the "balance" part to be ironic. It's a cheap card with a hefty drawback, which is Black's slice of the color pie, and in play, he acts as a limit on life totals; if you gain more life than your opponent, then they can steal the demon. If you gain life indiscriminately, you get beat down by it, and you're not gaining board position. He comes in promising ridiculous life for everyone, and prompts a downward spiral where players can't afford to gain life for fear of being attacked by or losing him while life totals are slowly whittled down and he grows rich of mana. How is that not a Demon?

~Corvus~
2014-02-11, 07:08 PM
congrats, hyposoc =)

AgentPaper
2014-02-11, 07:43 PM
Very nice card, though I could see it being part black. Itís fine as is though. While not technically evasion, This qualifies for me; Iím not that picky. Good job.

Thanks, I was surprised at how well it came together. It was black-red to begin with, actually, but for some reason I thought "can't block" was the red version of black's "must attack", when it's actually the other way around. If I were to make any changes, I'd either make it "Creatures with +1/+1 counters must attack each turn if able" or change it to cost 1BR. Hard to say which version is actually better without playing with both, though. They both make for some interesting decisions, though the first one would be even further from a real "evasion" ability.

mystic1110
2014-02-11, 10:02 PM
Interesting flavor. Itís hard to work out in your head but it seems like it would be a lot more straightforward when you actually implement it. So this ďWill of the CouncilĒ thing would be a recurring keyword, with the votes for Grace and Condemnation each time, but different effects? Because itís hard to work out in my head, and Iím not good at judging fairness, Iím just going to skip to ďGood job! Nice card.Ē

Thanks for liking it :smallsmile:. And there is only one officially revealed ďWill of the CouncilĒ card (look for Magistrate of Worth on MTGsalvation) and thats the language that appeared on it. Presumably it will be at least a 5 card cycle for the MTG commander summer set.

HypoSoc
2014-02-11, 11:09 PM
Thanks for the win. I have recently been playing a good deal of EDH, so that will be the topic of this contest.

Create a card that is awesome for Commander (and not anywhere else).

If you are unfamiliar with the format, think huge mana costs, crazy multiplayer politics, long games, weird combos, and easy access to legendary creatures.

Mystic Muse
2014-02-11, 11:21 PM
Thanks for the win. I have recently been playing a good deal of EDH, so that will be the topic of this contest.

Create a card that is awesome for Commander (and not anywhere else).

If you are unfamiliar with the format, think huge mana costs, crazy multiplayer politics, long games, weird combos, and easy access to legendary creatures.

I'm familiar with commander, but this is a rather odd criteria. I mean, lots of good cards that were printed specifically for commander are also good elsewhere. Or, would be if they were legal.

mystic1110
2014-02-11, 11:29 PM
plenty of commander only cards refer to teammates, your commander, or the command zone.

I think my card will probably use that design space

LaZodiac
2014-02-11, 11:30 PM
The Commander's Aide 2U
Creature - Bird
Flying
While ~ is on the battlefield, target Commander gains "X: Draw X cards. Spend only blue mana to activate this ability."
1/1

It's specifically an owl and I want to point this out.

Fable Wright
2014-02-11, 11:39 PM
The Commander's Aide 2U
Creature - Bird
When ~ enters the battlefield, target Commander gains "X: Draw X cards. Spend only blue mana to activate this ability."
1/1

It's specifically an owl and I want to point this out.

If that effect lasts indefinitely, it a) should say so in reminder text, and b) is probably broken horrendously beyond belief.

LaZodiac
2014-02-11, 11:40 PM
If that effect lasts indefinitely, it a) should say so in reminder text, and b) is probably broken horrendously beyond belief.

Right, right, I'll fix that. Thanks.

Binks
2014-02-12, 10:27 AM
Lead from the Rear 4U
Enchantment
Cast ~ only if your commander is in the command zone.
When your commander enters the battlefield sacrifice ~.
At the beginning of your upkeep you may reveal the top card of your library. If that card is a land you may put it into play. Otherwise you may cast that card without paying its mana cost. Then put the top card of your library on the bottom.
"Tactics, logistics, formations...this command business is all paperwork!"

mystic1110
2014-02-12, 10:43 AM
Weird Tactics UR
Instant - Uncommon
Choose one - Return target commander to the command zone; Add to your mana pool three mana of any color in your commander's color identity; or counter target spell with a converted mana cost equal to the amount of time that spell's controller's commander has been cast from the command zone this game.

----

Commander enough :smallwink:?

Jormengand
2014-02-12, 12:14 PM
Sacred Assassin 1WB
Creature - Human Assassin U
Deathtouch, Protection from Commanders
T, W/B: Sacred Assassin fights target commander.
It is my duty to slay you. I am sorry, commander.
1/1

Khaelar's duel 1WR
Sorcery U
Target commander you or an ally controls fights target commander an enemy controls.
"My quarrel is not with your armies. My quarrel is with you, and you shall be the one to fight me."
-Khaelar, the Voice of the Unheard.

Khaelar, Commander of None 2WWRR
Legendary Creature - Human Cleric MR
If Commander Khaelar is in the command zone and you control no creatures, when you cast an instant or sorcery spell, you may negate all damage that spell and any of its copies would do and have Commander Khaelar do that damage instead.
"You expected an army? I have no army. There is no army. There is only you and me, and if your forces disagree, they'll be disagreeing with the most powerful man on this plane. I advise you to reconsider, as I will not."
- Commander Khaelar.
5/5

Khaelar's Smite RR
Instant C
Target creature does 3 damage to target creature or player.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2014-02-12, 12:43 PM
Pyroblast 9R
Sorcery - R
Pyroblast deals 10 damage to target player. If your commander is on the battlefield or in the command zone, you may have your commander deal 10 damage to that player instead.
"My magic will tear you apart!"

In Command! WWWUUUBBBRRRGGG
Sorcery - MR
If In Command! is in your library, reveal it from your library before the game begins, then shuffle your library before dealing your opening hand. If you play In Command! in a game where you have not done this, you lose the game.
If you are playing Commander, if you played In Command! from your hand by paying its mana cost in full, you win the game. Otherwise, you lose the game.

Resolve Hat (http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=4&p=001637) 1
Artifact - Equipment U
Equipped creature has protection from auras you don't control. (It cannot be targeted or enchanted by those auras.)
Equip 2
Conveniently the same as your normal hat.

...because who doesn't hate having their commander locked down by an Arrest or a Pacifism?

Binks
2014-02-12, 01:48 PM
Artifact - Equipment U
Equipped creature has protection from auras. (It cannot be targeted or enchanted by auras.)
Equip 2

...because who doesn't hate having their commander locked down by an Arrest or a Pacifism?
Technically that reminder text should be (It can't be blocked, targeted, dealt damage, or enchanted by auras.)

Aura's can deal damage (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=29303) and can become blockers (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=220532) with the right cards in play. (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=212632)

AgentPaper
2014-02-12, 02:01 PM
Technically that reminder text should be (It can't be blocked, targeted, dealt damage, or enchanted by auras.)

Aura's can deal damage (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=29303) and can become blockers (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=220532) with the right cards in play. (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=212632)

It's only reminder text, so I don't think it really needs to cover corner cases like that. Protection would still work to prevent blocking and damage dealing since reminder text doesn't actually affect the rules. It's just there to help clarify the rules text.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2014-02-12, 02:25 PM
Adding in text for those cases could also trick new players into thinking it grants protection from other creatures that are themselves enchanted, which isn't true at all. That was actually my primary concern; at first I was going to have the reminder say that specifically, but that seemed... less helpful.

Binks
2014-02-12, 02:52 PM
It's only reminder text, so I don't think it really needs to cover corner cases like that. Protection would still work to prevent blocking and damage dealing since reminder text doesn't actually affect the rules. It's just there to help clarify the rules text.
*Shrug*. Protection has a standardized reminder text. Why change it when doing so only makes it more likely that players will misunderstand corner-case scenarios? Just a suggestion.

Androgeus
2014-02-12, 05:39 PM
can become blockers (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=220532) with the right cards in play. (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=212632)

I don't think there is anyway for an aura to block, as as soon as it becomes a creature it unattaches from what ever it is enchanting, and then as it is an aura that isn't attached to anything it is put in to the graveyard.

Misothene
2014-02-12, 05:41 PM
High Level Tactics 2
Instant - Rare
High Level Tactics is all colors (even if this card isn't in play).
Choose one - Return target commander to the command zone; Add to your mana pool three mana of any color in your commander's color identity; or, target player loses life equal to the number of times his or her commander has been cast from the command zone this game, you gain that much life.

Just a Commander rules note, one could only play this card with a 5-color commander, just like with Transguild Courier; not sure if that was your intention since the second option went out of its way to not be "any color."

Non-rules note, I'm not sure what justification there would be for getting life-drain effects using only (for example) blue mana.

onasuma
2014-02-12, 05:52 PM
Anti-Tedium Tech 1

Artifact - U

Flash

Whenever a commander would be put from play into any other zone, that commanders controller may put it into their command zone.

No, stop it. No one is having fun

Fable Wright
2014-02-12, 06:17 PM
High Command
Legendary Land R
{T}: Add {1} to your mana pool.
{T}: Target Legendary creature you control that shares your Commander's color identity is now your Commander. Activate this ability only while your Commander is not in the Command zone. (You can only have one Commander.)

This one has potential.

The_Tentacle
2014-02-12, 06:21 PM
Mostly because I intended the "balance" part to be ironic. It's a cheap card with a hefty drawback, which is Black's slice of the color pie, and in play, he acts as a limit on life totals; if you gain more life than your opponent, then they can steal the demon. If you gain life indiscriminately, you get beat down by it, and you're not gaining board position. He comes in promising ridiculous life for everyone, and prompts a downward spiral where players can't afford to gain life for fear of being attacked by or losing him while life totals are slowly whittled down and he grows rich of mana. How is that not a Demon?

Yeah but like 90% of the time it's not going to play out like that. Someone with low health will pay out whatever mana they have to gain whatever amount of health as well as this guy. As I understand it, he then suffers from summoning sickness (if not they just swing with it). The next turn, the other player does the exact same thing. It just locks the game down until someone gets rid of it. And maybe if they have less than six mana available each turn, and the summoning sickness doesn't apply each time he comes under your control, it would lead to a slow downward spiral for no more than five or so turns.

Fable Wright
2014-02-12, 06:33 PM
Yeah but like 90% of the time it's not going to play out like that. Someone with low health will pay out whatever mana they have to gain whatever amount of health as well as this guy. As I understand it, he then suffers from summoning sickness (if not they just swing with it). The next turn, the other player does the exact same thing. It just locks the game down until someone gets rid of it. And maybe if they have less than six mana available each turn, and the summoning sickness doesn't apply each time he comes under your control, it would lead to a slow downward spiral for no more than five or so turns.

Not seeing it. Let's say you're player A at 5 and the other guy is player B at 17. Demon is out. At the end of B's turn, let's say that rather than develop board condition, you steal the demon on B's attack step and go up to 10 life. On A's turn, he swings, brings B down to 11, and he spends his turn developing board position instead of gaining life. If B is doing what you say, paying 6 mana per turn just to make up the life loss from the demon swinging, then A is just developing board position and is going to take the game fast. (And B can't steal the demon as he has more life than A.) Each time the player with the highest life loses life, he's getting a net -2 unless he wants his opponent to get more life unless he wants his opponent to control the demon again. Admittedly, if everyone stops caring about winning or developing board position, it's going to act like that, but in an experienced player's game, it's not going to cause people to just gain lots of life and grind the game to a halt.

But yeah, this is off topic.

Saposhiente
2014-02-12, 10:52 PM
Banner of the Mythic Leader X
Artifact R
~ enters the battlefield with X charge counters on it.
When ~ enters the battlefield, name a creature card. Any opponent may search your hand and library for any number of copies of that card and exile them. If your library is searched this way, shuffle it.
The named card costs X less to cast, where X is the number of charge counters on ~.

Decided to make something that doesn't actually refer to Commanders in any way, yet still sucks when you don't have one.

Anti-Tedium Tech 1

Artifact - U

Flash

Whenever a commander would be put from play into any other zone, that commanders controller may put it into their command zone.

Should at least let you draw a card so that it's actually playable.

Blue Ghost
2014-02-13, 01:24 AM
Micaiah, Envoy of Silence 3WB
Legendary Creature - Angel (M)
Flying
1WB: Transform Micaiah, Envoy of Silence. Activate this ability only if the total power of creatures on the battlefield that you don't control is 10 or higher.
3/3

///////

Micaiah, the Silent Star (WB)
Legendary Creature - Avatar
Protection from everything
Players cannot cast spells except from their hands.
Sacrifice the creature you control with the highest power: Put a depletion counter on Micaiah, the Silent Star. Any player may activate this ability once per turn.
When Micaiah, the Silent Star has three depletion counters on it, transform it.
6/6

(My intention is for this card to be borderline playable in other formats, but really shine in commander.)

Misothene
2014-02-13, 02:56 AM
Deranged Deathmatch BR
Sorcery- R
Choose a legendary creature you control. Until end of turn, it has "Whenever a creature dealt damage by this creature this turn dies, put a +1/+1 counter on each creature you control." It fights target legendary creature an opponent controls.
The most powerful blood witches didn't need a speechwriter to gain their influence.

Binks
2014-02-13, 10:56 AM
Artifact R
When ~ enters the battlefield, name a creature card. Any player may search your hand and library for any number of copies of that card and exile them.
The named card costs X less to cast, where X is the number of charge counters on ~.
I pay 2 to cast my banner, naming Misthollow Griffin (http://gatherer.wizards.com/pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=276504). I will personally search my library for all 4 copies and exile them :smalltongue:.

Saposhiente
2014-02-13, 11:14 PM
I pay 2 to cast my banner, naming Misthollow Griffin (http://gatherer.wizards.com/pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=276504). I will personally search my library for all 4 copies and exile them :smalltongue:.

Nice catch. Changed to "any opponent".
Still looking for a slightly better flavor.

Fortuna
2014-02-14, 05:00 AM
Okay, I figure I'll try my hand at this. What could it hurt? (I probably don't want to know...)

Plague 4BB
Enchantment - Aura U
Enchant creature
At the beginning of your upkeep, put a number of -1/-1 counters on enchanted creature equal to 1 or the number of -1/-1 counters on enchanted creature, whichever is greater.
When enchanted creature dies, you may put up to two tokens which are copies of Plague onto the battlefield.

I figure the cost is too high for it to last long enough to really get rolling outside EDH, but in EDH it shouldn't be too hard to Plague entire armies, and once it gets rolling (say by combining it with a kill spell) it's hard to stop short of a full enchantment or creature wipe.

Saposhiente
2014-02-14, 04:19 PM
you may put up to two copies of Plague onto the battlefield.

*each attached to a target creature

Fortuna
2014-02-14, 04:26 PM
Actually, it automatically attaches. Per the comprehensive rules:

"303.4f If an Aura is entering the battlefield under a playerís control by any means other than by resolving as an Aura spell, and the effect putting it onto the battlefield doesnít specify the object or player the Aura will enchant, that player chooses what it will enchant as the Aura enters the battlefield. The player must choose a legal object or player according to the Auraís enchant ability and any other applicable effects."

The difference is pretty small. It just means that you decide targets after resolving the original ability, instead of before, basically.

EDIT: Dammit, I just thought of a rather odd idea which amuses me.

Unbreakable Compact 3WW
Enchantment R
When ~ enters the battlefield, you may make any verbal agreement. Each other player, in turn, may accept this agreement or reject it. If at least two players accept the agreement, each player who accepted the agreement gains an emblem that says "If you break the terms of the agreement, you lose the game."

Misothene
2014-02-14, 07:25 PM
Plague 4BB
Enchantment - Aura U
Enchant creature
At the beginning of your upkeep, put a number of -1/-1 counters on enchanted creature equal to 1 or the number of -1/-1 counters on enchanted creature, whichever is greater.
If enchanted creature dies, you may put up to two copies of Plague onto the battlefield.

I think the second part would have to be templated thusly:
"When enchanted creature dies, you may put up to two tokens onto the battlefield that are copies of Plague."

While this technically functions, most people (in my experience) use the same objects to represent tokens and counters, so having Aura tokens at all seems like it would get pretty difficult to play with in a practical sense, let alone ones that put counters on the creature they're attached to.

Fortuna
2014-02-14, 07:34 PM
I think the second part would have to be templated thusly:
"When enchanted creature dies, you may put up to two tokens onto the battlefield that are copies of Plague."

While this technically functions, most people (in my experience) use the same objects to represent tokens and counters, so having Aura tokens at all seems like it would get pretty difficult to play with in a practical sense, let alone ones that put counters on the creature they're attached to.

Good point on the templating. I'll fix it.

Lea Plath
2014-02-16, 05:39 PM
Sword of The Tower 3
Artifact - Equipment MR

Equipped creature gets +2/+2 and has protection from each colour not in your commanders colour identity (For example, if your commander is WUR, your creature gains protection from BG)

Whenever equipped creature deals combat damage to a player, you may search your library or command zone for a card with the same name as your commander and put it into play tapped.

Equip: 2

The wording might not be right, but the idea is it provides relevant protections and on damage it lets you fetch your commander out the command zone or deck. This is a super powerful effect, both at avoiding tuck and putting your commander into play and it is the type of card I would expect to see in most commander decks and definitely in 1v1

LaZodiac
2014-02-16, 05:47 PM
Sword of The Tower 3
Artifact - Equipment MR

Equipped creature gets +2/+2 and has protection from each colour not in your commanders colour identity (For example, if your commander is WUR, your creature gains protection from BG)

Whenever equipped creature deals combat damage to a player, you may search your library or command zone for a card with the same name as your commander and put it into play tapped.

Equip: 2

The wording might not be right, but the idea is it provides relevant protections and on damage it lets you fetch your commander out the command zone or deck. This is a super powerful effect, both at avoiding tuck and putting your commander into play and it is the type of card I would expect to see in most commander decks and definitely in 1v1

The only problem I have with this card is that when used in a deck without a commander, wouldn't it technically have protection from all colours, since your commander is no colours?

Lord Ruby34
2014-02-16, 05:59 PM
Eberhard, Geist of Twilight Eternal WWWWBBBB
Legendary Creature-Spirit M

Flying, Protection from White and Black

When ~ enters the battlefield your life total becomes 5. Your life total cannot change. If a spell or ability would affect all creatures or permanents instead it effects all creatures or permanents except ~.
0/8

Despair and Hope are but two sides of the same coin.

Saposhiente
2014-02-16, 07:38 PM

When ~ enters the battlefield your life total becomes 5. Your life total cannot change. If a spell or ability would affect all creatures or permanents instead it effects all creatures or permanents except ~.
0/8

Despair and Hope are but two sides of the same coin.

Sooo... it's Platinum Angel for 8 that has protection from most removal and board clear, and that doesn't put a clock on your opponent if they can't deal with it? Booooorrrring.

Loreweaver15
2014-02-18, 06:37 AM
Figure I'll take a crack at this.

Guthner, Archlich of Kreft

2WWBB

Legendary Creature--Zombie Soldier

Defender

W: Prevent all damage a source of your choice would deal to another target creature you control.

You don't lose the game for having 0 or less life or for taking 21 commander damage.

If a source would deal damage to Guthner, prevent that damage and sacrifice that many permanents.

Whenever you sacrifice a permanent, put a +1/+1 counter on each other creature you control.

3/3

"I swore to defend Kreft for all eternity. Death would not have absolved me of that duty, nor freed me from my debt to its people."

EDIT: Removed the shroud, made him too good.

HypoSoc
2014-02-19, 05:46 PM
The Commander's Aide 2U
Creature - Bird
Flying
While ~ is on the battlefield, target Commander gains "X: Draw X cards. Spend only blue mana to activate this ability."
1/1

So, you pay 2U for a 1/1 flyer that, if you already have your commander out, has "U:Draw one card"? I don't know why this gives the ability to something else, and,given it is color specific, you won't really be using it another commanders.

Lead from the Rear 4U
Enchantment
Cast ~ only if your commander is in the command zone.
When your commander enters the battlefield sacrifice ~.
At the beginning of your upkeep you may reveal the top card of your library. If that card is a land you may put it into play. Otherwise you may cast that card without paying its mana cost. Then put the top card of your library on the bottom.
"Tactics, logistics, formations...this command business is all paperwork!"Interesting. Basically free cards at the restriction of not using your commander. That isn't really a problem for some decks. I can't tell if this is overpowered though, as one could tutor for whatever to put it on top (omniscience?) No cards would be dead except for counter spells and other situational instants/sorceries.

Weird Tactics UR
Instant - Uncommon
Choose one - Return target commander to the command zone; Add to your mana pool three mana of any color in your commander's color identity; or counter target spell with a converted mana cost equal to the amount of time that spell's controller's commander has been cast from the command zone this game.
Weak, and kind of boring. This card was better before when you were building a colorless edu stable that could do interesting things in any deck.

Sacred Assassin 1WB
Creature - Human Assassin U
Deathtouch, Protection from Commanders
T, W/B: Sacred Assassin fights target commander.
It is my duty to slay you. I am sorry, commander.
1/1
Don't have much to say beyond that I like it. There is enough defense against removal that this isn't overpowered, and it is cheap enough that it isn't too weak.

Artifact - Equipment U
Equipped creature has protection from auras you don't control. (It cannot be targeted or enchanted by those auras.)
Equip 2
Shroud and hex proof are already a thing. This is just weak.

Anti-Tedium Tech 1
Artifact - U
Flash
But tucking is so fun!

High Command
Legendary Land R
{T}: Add {1} to your mana pool.
{T}: Target Legendary creature you control that shares your Commander's color identity is now your Commander. Activate this ability only while your Commander is not in the Command zone. (You can only have one Commander.)
This one has potential.
Unique idea, but this has a bit of rules hassle with it. Do the extra costs associated with recasting reset when you do this?

Artifact R
When ~ enters the battlefield, name a creature card. Any opponent may search your hand and library for any number of copies of that card and exile them. If your library is searched this way, shuffle it.
Very convoluted way of saying that only your commander can use this (or Misthollow Griffin) but it is a swell idea. Unfortunately, it is a bit boring.

Micaiah, Envoy of Silence 3WB
Legendary Creature - Angel (M)
Flying
1WB: Transform Micaiah, Envoy of Silence. Activate this ability only if the total power of creatures on the battlefield that you don't control is 10 or higher.
3/3
///////
Micaiah, the Silent Star (WB)
Legendary Creature - Avatar
Protection from everything
Players cannot cast spells except from their hands.
Sacrifice the creature you control with the highest power: Put a depletion counter on Micaiah, the Silent Star. Any player may activate this ability once per turn.
When Micaiah, the Silent Star has three depletion counters on it, transform it.
6/6This card is REALLY easy to transform in multiplayer, and even when it has transformed back, it is fast to revert. A 6/6 pro everything that prevents command zone casts is a real power-house.

Deranged Deathmatch BR
Sorcery- R
Choose a legendary creature you control. Until end of turn, it has "Whenever a creature dealt damage by this creature this turn dies, put a +1/+1 counter on each creature you control." It fights target legendary creature an opponent controls.
The most powerful blood witches didn't need a speechwriter to gain their influence.Rakdos pit fun times! Smush it in a deck with other fight abilities of forced blockage.

Plague 4BB
Enchantment - Aura U
Enchant creature
When enchanted creature dies, you may put up to two tokens which are copies of Plague onto the battlefield.A slow, one-sided wrath that will halt others from playing creatures unlock an actual wrath? I want to say this is overpowered, but I can't actually tell for sure.What is is though, is fun looking.

Sword of The Tower 3
Artifact - Equipment MR
Equip: 2Sword of "things not in my deck?" I would love it in my Kemba deck just for the +2/+2 pro blue,black,green,red. I like this card, but it might be over powered.

0/8

Despair and Hope are but two sides of the same coin.There are WAY too many wraths and non-white/black removal in EDH. Beast within is already in every deck with any green,so you will just be stuck at 5 life. Until then, you have a 0/8 flyer to kill them with.

Guthner, Archlich of Kreft
2WWBB
Legendary Creature--Zombie Soldier
Defender
W: Prevent all damage a source of your choice would deal to another target creature you control.
You don't lose the game for having 0 or less life or for taking 21 commander damage.
If a source would deal damage to Guthner, prevent that damage and sacrifice that many permanents.
Whenever you sacrifice a permanent, put a +1/+1 counter on each other creature you control.
3/3
"I swore to defend Kreft for all eternity. Death would not have absolved me of that duty, nor freed me from my debt to its people."
That W ability is just too good, as is the +1/+1 counter one. Sac engines are already terrifying.

Binks, Jormengand, DMofDarkness, Misothene, Random_person, Lea Plath

Binks with Lead from the Rear

Binks
2014-02-19, 05:57 PM
Yeah, I wasn't too sure of the power level of my card either. In retrospect, it's probably a bit too powerful, but it seemed like a fun idea.

New Contest: Create a card that transforms something else.

P/T changing, type changing, color changing, permanent or temporary, as long as it takes something that's already in play and substantially changes it. Flavorful changes will get better ratings than purely mechanical ones.

Good luck everyone! I look forward to seeing what you come up with :smallbiggrin:.

mystic1110
2014-02-19, 06:05 PM
Distinguished W
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant nonlegendary Creature
Enchanted creature is Legendary.
When Distinguished is put into a graveyard from the battlefield, return Distinguished to its owner's hand
"From a lowly street urchin he became a soldier. From a lowly soldier, he became a general. From a lowly general he became a king. From a lowly king he became a emperor. From a lowly emperor he became a Legend - for legends aren't born they are wrought by the years. Whom among you are a legend not yet cut?!" - Speech commemorating the Grand Marshal Eiortic

The Spark WGR
Legendary Enchantment - Aura M
Enchant Legendary Creature
As an additional cost to cast The Spark exile an Sorcery, Creature, and a non-aura enchantment from your hand
When The Spark becomes attached to a creature place 3 loyalty counters on that creature.
Enchanted Creature is Planeswalker instead of a Creature with "-1: Cast a copy of an instant exiled by The Spark. -1: Place a token that is the copy of a creature exiled by the Spark onto the battlefield. -1: Gain an emblem with the same text as an enchantment exiled by the the Spark."

Ionbound
2014-02-19, 06:15 PM
Sorry I skipped the last one. This is more up my alleyway.

Gaheris, The Paladin King

2WBB

Legendary Human Zombie-MR

W, T-Human Creatures you control gain Protection from Black

When ~ Would be sent to the Graveyard, instead transform ~ and all other humans you control.

///////////////

Gaheris, the Death Knight

Legendary Zombie-MR

BB, T-Destroy one creature your opponent controls; Instead of sending to their graveyard, place it on the battlefield under your control.

Fable Wright
2014-02-19, 06:16 PM
Transcend 2W
Instant - Arcane R
Split Second
Target permanent becomes an Emblem. (It retains all abilities it previously had. This effect lasts indefinitely.)
If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine.

Fortuna
2014-02-19, 07:26 PM
Yay! I was in the running on my first entry! :D

Actually, I wrote a card for amusement just a little while ago that qualifies. Is it acceptable to submit it, or does my submission need to be specifically written for this contest?

HypoSoc
2014-02-19, 07:31 PM
Enrune 3UU
Instant - MR
Gain control of target instant or sorcery. Prepend "At the beginning of your upkeep." It becomes an enchantment and loses all other types. (For example, Lightning Bolt would become a Red enchantment named Lightning Bolt with CMC 1 and the text: "At the beginning of your upkeep, Lightning Bolt deals 3 damage to target creature or player." This effect lasts indefinitely.)

AgentPaper
2014-02-19, 07:53 PM
Yay! I was in the running on my first entry! :D

Actually, I wrote a card for amusement just a little while ago that qualifies. Is it acceptable to submit it, or does my submission need to be specifically written for this contest?

It's generally preferable that you make it for the contest specifically, but as long as it qualifies, there's nothing really stopping you from entering a card from somewhere else, as long as you're the one who made it. You could even technically enter the same card twice in different contests, though that wouldn't be as much fun as designing a new one, I'd think.

Fortuna
2014-02-19, 08:19 PM
I'll just leave this here, then...

Unname 2WW
Sorcery U
Target permanent loses all abilities and subtypes and no longer has a name. If it's a creature, it becomes a 0/1 creature.

Beacon of Chaos
2014-02-20, 08:25 AM
Haven't been to this thread for a while...

Portal to the Dark World 7

Artifact - R

All instances of creature types on spells and permanents you control and on cards in your hand, library, and graveyard, are changed to demon.

BB: Demons you control get +1/-1 until end of turn.

Jormengand
2014-02-20, 08:34 AM
Total Control 15
Sorcery - R
You may gain control of target permanent. You may tap target permanent. You may search your library for a permanent and put it into play tapped. Target creature gets -2/-2 until end of turn. Target creature gets +2/+2 until end of turn.
Epic (For the rest of the game, you can't cast spells. At the beginning of each of your upkeeps, copy this spell except for its epic ability. You may choose new targets for the copies.)

http://imageshack.com/a/img600/6727/9b79.jpg

Duck999
2014-02-20, 10:05 AM
Distinguished W
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant nonlegendary Creature
Enchanted creature is Legendary.
When Distinguished is put into a graveyard from the battlefield, return Distinguished to its owner's hand
"From a lowly street urchin he became a soldier. From a lowly soldier, he became a general. From a lowly general he became a king. From a lowly king he became a emperor. From a lowly emperor he became a Legend - for legends aren't born they are wrought by the years. Whom among you are a legend not yet cut?!" - Speech commemorating the Grand Marshal Eiortic
There would have to be odd rulings on this. If you have 2 creatures with the same name, but one is legendary, must you sacrifice the legendary one, or either?

Total Control 15
Sorcery - R
You may put target permanent under your control. You may tap target permanent. You may search your library for a permanent and put it into play tapped. Target creature gets -2/-2 until end of turn. Target creature gets +2/+2 until end of turn.
Epic (For the rest of the game, you can't cast spells. At the beginning of each of your upkeeps, copy this spell except for its epic ability. You may choose new targets for the copies.)

http://imageshack.com/a/img691/997/2qzx.jpg

The wording on this is off. Do you mean gain control of target permanent?

This is my bad card entry:

High Praise 2W
Enchantment R
Creatures with combined power and toughness 8 or greater are legendary.
Praised as heroes, the great are made legends.

This seems great in commander... :smallconfused:

Jormengand
2014-02-20, 10:44 AM
The wording on this is off. Do you mean gain control of target permanent?

:smallredface: Yeah. Dammit, now I have to remake it.

onasuma
2014-02-20, 10:47 AM
Undecided Soul 1 W/B
Creature - Human
At the end of your turn, if you have cast 2 or more white spells you may have ~ lose all abilities and become a 2/4 White Spirit with flying.
At the end of your turn, if you have cast 2 or more black spells you may have ~ lose all abilities and become a 3/1 Black Spirit with shadow.
1/2

LaZodiac
2014-02-20, 10:54 AM
Bad Moon Rising G/R
Instant
Transform target Human Werewolf
Beware the Full Moon, and all it's light reveals.

Duck999
2014-02-20, 10:59 AM
Bad Moon Rising 1G/R
Instant
Transform target Werewolf

Flavor wise, it would probably be transform target human werewolf, but it works this way too.

LaZodiac
2014-02-20, 10:59 AM
Right, good point. I'm gonna fix that.

Ionbound
2014-02-20, 11:02 AM
Bad Moon Rising 1G/R
Instant

Isn't there already a card that does this? It's called Moonmist or something, IIRC.

LaZodiac
2014-02-20, 11:05 AM
Isn't there already a card that does this? It's called Moonmist or something, IIRC.

Well firstly that's mono green, while mine is usable in both Red and Green werewolf decks. Also mine only targets one, while Moonmist does both. Finally, Moonmist transforms "all Humans" so it transforms more then just werewolves, though it's clearly Werewolf based since it also prevents damage to wolves and werewolves.

However, since I hadn't seen it when searching for transform cards, I thank you for bringing it up. I'm gonna adjust the mana cost of my card now :smallamused:

Jormengand
2014-02-20, 11:05 AM

It's not quite the same, but it's quite a bit better. (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=222933)

Aaand, swordsaged. Dammit. At least I swordsaged someone else. :smalltongue:

Duck999
2014-02-20, 11:07 AM

Slightly different. Moonmist costs 1G to cast, making it harder to cast. It only transforms all humans, yours or your opponents, whether or not they are werewolves. Lastly, it prevents all combat damage one turn except damage from wolves and werewolves.

Lord Ruby34
2014-02-20, 06:01 PM
Hideous Transformation UUBB
Instant- R
Counter target creature spell. If that spell is countered this way, exile it instead of putting it into its owner's graveyard. At the beginning of your next end step put a X/Y black horror token onto the battlefield where X is the countered creature's toughness and Y is its power.
It lurched out of the basement, twisted and warped, seeking to destroy what it had once loved.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2014-02-21, 02:49 AM
Elegant Egoist 2UG
Creature - Elf Wizard Mutant R
Hexproof
T: target creature becomes a copy of Elegant Egoist until end of turn.
After all, who could pass up the opportunity to be like me?
4/4

Sliver Assimilator WUBRG
Legendary Creature - Sliver MR
Whenever a sliver you control deals damage to a creature, gain control of that creature. That creature becomes a sliver in addition to its other types.
1/7

Ninjaman
2014-02-21, 10:41 AM
Ignorant Champion - 2WW
Creature - Human Soldier -R
All other creatures are 1/1
I am the the strongest!
2/2

Blue Ghost
2014-02-23, 02:09 AM
Necrotic Plague - 2BB
Enchantment (R)
All creatures are black Zombies and lose all abilities.
The black mist spread through the lands, corrupting the flesh and corroding the mind.

Dragonstone - 3
Artifact (C)
{T}: Add {R} or {G} to your mana pool.
{T}: Transform target Manakete.

The_Tentacle
2014-02-23, 08:46 AM
Chrysalize
Sorcery (R)
(~ is Green and Blue)
Suspend 3 - 2GU
When you suspend ~, exile a creature you control.
Search your library for a creature that shares at least one color and at least one type with the exiled creature and put it onto the battlefield.
"Day 2: subject is still quiet 2 days after being encapsulated. Day 3: OH GOD IT'S EATING MY FACE!"

-Simic Research Notes

Misothene
2014-02-24, 05:57 PM
Alien Parasite B
Enchantment Creature- Insect R
Bestow 1B
Enchanted creature gets -1/-1.
Level Up 1B
1/1
1-2: Enchanted creature gets -2/-2. 2/2
3+: At the beginning of the end step, enchanted creature's controller sacrifices it. If he or she does, Alien Parasite becomes an 8/8 Insect Horror creature with flying and is no longer an Aura. 3/3

LaZodiac
2014-02-24, 06:03 PM
That's...not quite how that card would work. I'd reword it so that it gives enchanted creature the level up stuff, and instead change level 3+ to be "Sacrifice this creature" and then have the 8/8 Alien Horror token thing happen.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2014-02-25, 12:29 AM
That's...not quite how that card would work. I'd reword it so that it gives enchanted creature the level up stuff, and instead change level 3+ to be "Sacrifice this creature" and then have the 8/8 Alien Horror token thing happen.

I'm pretty sure the idea is to put it on an opponent's creature.

LaZodiac
2014-02-25, 12:31 AM
I'm pretty sure the idea is to put it on an opponent's creature.

Hmm, good point.

Saposhiente
2014-02-25, 01:18 AM
Alien Parasite B
Bestow 1B
Level Up 1B
1/1
3+: At the beginning of the end step, enchanted creature's controller sacrifices it. If he or she does, Alien Parasite becomes an 8/8 Insect Horror creature with flying and is no longer an Aura. 3/3

Overpowered, the difference between paying 4BBBB and paying 1B four times is absolutely huge; would be too good *without* the bonus of debuffing and then killing an opposing creature.

Fable Wright
2014-02-25, 01:25 AM
Overpowered, the difference between paying 4BBBB and paying 1B four times is absolutely huge; would be too good *without* the bonus of debuffing and then killing an opposing creature.

On the other hand, you have to stick it on a creature with 3+ toughness, you can't allow it to die before you sunk enough mana into it (can't attack into it, can't block it), and if you're tapping out two turns in a row on 4 and 5 mana to fully evolve this, then you've time walked yourself twice for an admittedly large creature with no protection and one dead creature. Oh, and if the opponent has a sac outlet, they can dispose of the creature in response to your last level and just let all that investment be for a 3/3. It's good, but it's not by any means overpowered.

Binks
2014-02-26, 03:04 PM
Judging time! I was quite impressed with the variety of options people put out there, everything from completely literal transform cards, to cards changing creatures, to cards changing things in ways the rules of the game probably would balk at :smallbiggrin:.

Apologies in advance if anything I write sounds harsh, I'm not trying to be but it's the internet, and it's hard to convey certain things. I liked all the entries I saw overall, but there can only be 1 winner.

Mystic1110

The Spark WGR
Legendary Enchantment - Aura M
Enchant Legendary Creature
As an additional cost to cast The Spark exile an Sorcery, Creature, and a non-aura enchantment from your hand
When The Spark becomes attached to a creature place 3 loyalty counters on that creature.
Enchanted Creature is Planeswalker instead of a Creature with "-1: Cast a copy of an instant exiled by The Spark. -1: Place a token that is the copy of a creature exiled by the Spark onto the battlefield. -1: Gain an emblem with the same text as an enchantment exiled by the the Spark."
I like what you're going for here a lot, but it's problematic mechanically. Why are two colors excluded from something that all planewalker's have? Why can their loyalty only go down? Etc. That plus the power level issues (T1 Forest, Avacyn's Pilgrim, T2 Mountain, WGR for the spark, exiling some jank creature and instant and omnicience. GG) are problematic for me, even if I love the concept.
Firedaemon33

Gaheris, The Paladin King
2WBB
Legendary Human Zombie-MR
W, T-Human Creatures you control gain Protection from Black
When ~ Would be sent to the Graveyard, instead transform ~ and all other humans you control.
///////////////
Gaheris, the Death Knight
Legendary Zombie-MR
BB, T-Destroy one creature your opponent controls; Instead of sending to their graveyard, place it on the battlefield under your control.
Feels like it would fit in a set that did a lot of Loyal Cathars. I'm not clear on why he's a zombie, and black, on his first side. The ability on the second side is super powerful (if not properly templated) and I worry about this guy being a bit OP in a deck with sweepers. Land him, wrath him into the death knight next turn, then you can just steal anything your opponent plays.

Also, needs P/T. Good overall, but leaves some unanswered questions in my mind.
DMofDarkness

Transcend 2W
Instant - Arcane R
Split Second
Target permanent becomes an Emblem. (It retains all abilities it previously had. This effect lasts indefinitely.)
If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine.
Tricky. I'm not sure how the rules handle an emblem on the battlefield (or a creature emblem or the like) but I see what you were going for there. Mechanically I don't think it does what you're expecting (emblems aren't indestructible or anything, they're just created in a zone you can't interact with, so making this an emblem on the battlefield doesn't do much) but I see the goal. Probably a bit OP for 2W to make any effect permanent for the rest of the game though, imagine casting this on a platinum angel or something, but I like the concept.
HypoSoc

Enrune 3UU
Instant - MR
Gain control of target instant or sorcery. Prepend "At the beginning of your upkeep." It becomes an enchantment and loses all other types. (For example, Lightning Bolt would become a Red enchantment named Lightning Bolt with CMC 1 and the text: "At the beginning of your upkeep, Lightning Bolt deals 3 damage to target creature or player." This effect lasts indefinitely.)
Template probably needs a little bit of work but I like what you're going for here. Power level feels alright at 5 since you're either casting it on one of your opponent's spells (in which case who knows what you'll get) or a cheap spell you control (which shouldn't have too overly large of an impact if cast every turn) and it's removable. I like it.
Random_person

Unname 2WW
Sorcery U
Target permanent loses all abilities and subtypes and no longer has a name. If it's a creature, it becomes a 0/1 creature.
Feels a lot like Darksteel Mutation for any permanent. I will note that this does leave the card having 1 effect on the battlefield, as its mana cost is not changed so it does count for devotion, which seems a bit off. Otherwise looks fine.
Diego Havoc

Portal to the Dark World 7
Artifact - R
All instances of creature types on spells and permanents you control and on cards in your hand, library, and graveyard, are changed to demon.
BB: Demons you control get +1/-1 until end of turn.
'changed to' should probably be reworded as 'replace with' but otherwise looks fine. Easy to misread this as a Conspiricy copy but I see you're also going for things like changing 'all humans you control' to affect your new creatures, which is kind of cool. Last ability seems weak (usually costs U when blue does it, not UU) and I'm not sold on the whole flavor (so we opened this portal, and suddenly everyone was a demon, all our spells were reworded for demons, and we could dump mana into trading demon's toughness for power?) but I do like the fact that it makes any tribal deck suddenly a demon tribal deck (would be funny to play this in a sliver deck :P)
Jormengand

Total Control 15
Sorcery - R
You may gain control of target permanent. You may tap target permanent. You may search your library for a permanent and put it into play tapped. Target creature gets -2/-2 until end of turn. Target creature gets +2/+2 until end of turn.
Well...that certainly is a high CMC spell :P. Doesn't really meet my criteria (doesn't transform anything, at least not in a permanent manner) and it seems pretty weak for its cost (if I'm landing a 15 CMC spell I should pretty much win immediately. This is basically mind control + tap something + get a tapped creature + two leeching bites, which I don't feel is good enough to justify the huge cost + epic.
Duck999

High Praise 2W
Enchantment R
Creatures with combined power and toughness 8 or greater are legendary.
Praised as heroes, the great are made legends.
I like it. Might be a bit low of a bar to entry (a random 4/4 being a legendary hero is a bit strange, but workable) but I like it overall. Doesn't really do anything in commander (save for big tokens), but works great in a singleton deck in a non-singleton format, as suddenly your opponent can't play that second dude because it'll be legendary. Interesting.
Onasuma

Undecided Soul 1 W/B
Creature - Human
At the end of your turn, if you have cast 2 or more white spells you may have ~ lose all abilities and become a 2/4 White Spirit with flying.
At the end of your turn, if you have cast 2 or more black spells you may have ~ lose all abilities and become a 3/1 Black Spirit with shadow.
1/2
Huh. Doesn't really meet the criteria (doesn't transform anything else, just itself) but it's a cool card that lets you get one of two different things. I feel that, overall, the two options are a bit too similar, as both are evasion creatures with pretty good power, might be more of a difference if the white one was a 1/4 or something. Not bad, but doesn't meet the contest requirements.
LaZodiac

Bad Moon Rising G/R
Instant
Seems super linear, and makes me wonder why I'd want to play this over moonmist. I like how you took it down a CMC from the original 1G/R, as this way it's cheaper and more specifically targeted but, outside of werewolf mirror matches, I don't see a huge amount of use for this. (In a werewolf mirror, this would be the best thing ever, but that's a bit rare to rate a card on).
Lord Ruby

Hideous Transformation UUBB
Instant- R
Counter target creature spell. If that spell is countered this way, exile it instead of putting it into its owner's graveyard. At the beginning of your next end step put a X/Y black horror token onto the battlefield where X is the countered creature's toughness and Y is its power.
It lurched out of the basement, twisted and warped, seeking to destroy what it had once loved.
Ah, a 'turn your thing against you' effect with a delay. Cost seems about right, given it's making it a vanilla and the mana is all colored (comparing it to gather specimens at 6 which just gets you the creature). Personally, for flavor reasons, I'd give it 'attacks each turn if able', but that's just a nitpick. It works, it's a good power level, and it's a fun and flavorful effect.
Dr.Gunsforhands

Elegant Egoist 2UG
Creature - Elf Wizard Mutant R
Hexproof
T: target creature becomes a copy of Elegant Egoist until end of turn.
After all, who could pass up the opportunity to be like me?
4/4
I...don't really have a lot to say about this one. I like the flavor, the mechanics are solid, power level looks right, even creature types seem to be a match. Not setting the world on fire with ridiculous concepts, but it's a solid card that meets the requirements.
Ninjaman

Ignorant Champion - 2WW
Creature - Human Soldier -R
All other creatures are 1/1
I am the the strongest!
2/2
Flavor seems a bit weak (is he a reality warper who makes everyone else weak to appear strong?) but I do like the idea of a creature that makes itself 'strongest by default'. Might have been better to carry it all the way though, and do something about counters and temporary power boosts or something. Pretty good overall but just feels a bit weak compared to some of the other entries, for lack of a better word.
Blue Ghost

Necrotic Plague - 2BB
Enchantment (R)
All creatures are black Zombies and lose all abilities.
The black mist spread through the lands, corrupting the flesh and corroding the mind.
Well...there's a rules debate waiting to happen :P. Hello humility 2.0 :smalltongue:. I like the idea but I'm not sold on the fact that zombies can't have some abilities. The fact that this strips my zombie master of his abilities makes me a bit sad.
The_Tentacle

Chrysalize
Sorcery (R)
(~ is Green and Blue)
Suspend 3 - 2GU
When you suspend ~, exile a creature you control.
Search your library for a creature that shares at least one color and at least one type with the exiled creature and put it onto the battlefield.
"Day 2: subject is still quiet 2 days after being encapsulated. Day 3: OH GOD IT'S EATING MY FACE!"

-Simic Research Notes
Ah, so it kills one of your creatures, infests them, then bursts out 3 turns later. Works, but it took me a bit longer than it probably should have to figure out exactly what this card was doing. The flavor text doesn't help, semi-amusing though it may be. I'm also curious why the new creature has to share some similarities with it's host. I understand, mechanically, you want to add another wrinkle but I don't quite get the flavor of it.
Misothene

Alien Parasite B
Bestow 1B
Level Up 1B
1/1
Hello chestburster (odd how the last two entries would be similar flavor). Love the use of bestow and level up together. It kind of transforms another creature, given the whole 'sac it at full level and this becomes that' but mechanically it's not really transforming anything but itself. Overall, I like Parasitic Implant 2.0, but it feels like it could have used a little more polish.
Winner
In the running, the top 3 were Elegant Egoist by Dr.Gunsforhands, Enrune by HypoSoc and Hideous Transformation by Lord Ruby, with a special mention being made of Mystic1110's The Spark which had my favorite flavor, but wasn't quite there mechanically IMHO.

The winner is...Enrune, by HypoSoc. It really captured the idea of transforming something (an instant/sorcery into an enchantment), doesn't feel too far out of whack power-wise, and is a card I would love to play. Thanks to everyone for their entries and I look forward to the next contest. :smallsmile:

HypoSoc
2014-02-26, 03:21 PM
Mystic's Spark isn't as good as you thought, as it requires a Legendary Creature to target. Still, turn three Omniscience is still possible with a one or two drop legendary.
I also think Tentacle's Crystalize wasn't a gut jumper, but putting a creature in a cocoon and waiting for the same creature to pop out mutated.

Another win? So soon? I must be getting better.
Design a card with an element of randomness.
Ideally, it will play differently almost every time.
Random elements include: rolling a die, flipping coins, looking at a card in a library (top,bottom,random), guessing a number, having a vote in multiplayer, etc.

LaZodiac
2014-02-26, 03:33 PM
Congrats once again Hyposoc :smalltongue:

Tibalt's Vexing Sparks XR
Instant - C
~ deals 2 damage to a random creature. Then repeat this X times.
A little madness goes a long way. Sometimes the wrong way.

Did some editing. I don't want it to be TO much like Tibalt's planeswalker card, ie useless :smallwink:

mystic1110
2014-02-26, 03:41 PM
Congrats HypoSoc!

RE: Spark

Spark had a lot of limitations

3 Colors
Legendary creature in play
Creature, Sorcery, Enchantment in hand.

I avoided 5 color since I thought it already had so much going against it.

That said you can still build a combo deck with it. . . but it might be more work than you would want. . .

Fable Wright
2014-02-26, 04:01 PM
Helix Fossil 3
Legendary Artifact- Fossil
At the beginning of your upkeep, if it isn't an extra turn, take an extra turn after this one.

If you would try to play a card from your hand, instead exile a card at random from your hand face-up. You must play it if you are able to.

If you would choose the targets of spells or abilities, instead choose targets at random.

At the beginning of each attack step, flip a coin for each creature you control. Each creature's coin who comes up heads attacks this turn if able. Each creature's coin who comes up tails blocks this turn if able.
"PRAISE HELIX"

Jormengand
2014-02-26, 04:35 PM
Magic Coin 2
Artifact U
T: You may flip a coin. If you win the flip, you may continue to flip coins until you lose a flip.
The coin was designed to settle debacles between the guilds, but it caused more disputes than it solved.

Chance encounter, man. Chance encounter.

Beacon of Chaos
2014-02-26, 06:10 PM
Diego Havoc

'changed to' should probably be reworded as 'replace with' but otherwise looks fine. Easy to misread this as a Conspiricy copy but I see you're also going for things like changing 'all humans you control' to affect your new creatures, which is kind of cool. Last ability seems weak (usually costs U when blue does it, not UU) and I'm not sold on the whole flavor (so we opened this portal, and suddenly everyone was a demon, all our spells were reworded for demons, and we could dump mana into trading demon's toughness for power?) but I do like the fact that it makes any tribal deck suddenly a demon tribal deck (would be funny to play this in a sliver deck :P)
Haha, I hadn't even considered Slivers for this. :smallbiggrin:

Sorry, I haven't actually played magic in ages, what's this about blue having an ability that gives all monsters +1/-1 for U? What card is that?

Saposhiente
2014-02-26, 06:33 PM
Watercycle 0
Sorcery U
You may cast ~ only if you control a basic Island.
Draw a card.

----
What? The card you get is random, from the top of your library :smalltongue:

Duck999
2014-02-26, 06:43 PM
Fore the heck of it:

Hidden Powers 2UU
Enchantment R
Exile the top card from each players library face down. Whenever a player casts a spell from their hand, they exile that card face down. Then, that player chooses one card exiled by this card other than the cast card. Flip a coin. On a heads, cast that card if able. If there are ever less than 2 cards exiled by this card, exile the top card of each players library face down.

(Remember, you can cast your opponents spells with this.)

Blue Ghost
2014-02-26, 06:50 PM
Congrats once again Hyposoc :smalltongue:

Tibalt's Vexing Sparks XR
Instant - C
X random creatures or players take 1 damage.
A little madness goes a long way. Sometimes the wrong way.

Do I need to specify that it can target the same target more then once?

I believe you do need to specify that. Not sure on how it would be worded. "Tibalt's Vexing Sparks deals 1 damage to a random creature or player. Then repeat this X times." Or something like that.

The_Tentacle
2014-02-26, 07:16 PM
The_Tentacle

Ah, so it kills one of your creatures, infests them, then bursts out 3 turns later. Works, but it took me a bit longer than it probably should have to figure out exactly what this card was doing. The flavor text doesn't help, semi-amusing though it may be. I'm also curious why the new creature has to share some similarities with it's host. I understand, mechanically, you want to add another wrinkle but I don't quite get the flavor of it.

A chrysalis is the thing that, say, a caterpillar makes around itself while it transforms into a butterfly. When you chrysalize something, you wrap it in a kind of cocoon while it changes. You completely missed the flavor, as it is not "chest-bursting," but rather taking one of your creatures and "evolving" it into something else. That is why the new creature must share types/colors with the old one, since flavorwise, it "evolved" from the exiled creature. To be honest, I'm... not really sure how you missed the flavor that badly :smallconfused:...

Fable Wright
2014-02-26, 07:21 PM
A chrysalis is the thing that, say, a caterpillar makes around itself while it transforms into a butterfly. When you chrysalize something, you wrap it in a kind of cocoon while it changes. You completely missed the flavor, as it is not "chest-bursting," but rather taking one of your creatures and "evolving" it into something else. That is why the new creature must share types/colors with the old one, since flavorwise, it "evolved" from the exiled creature. To be honest, I'm... not really sure how you missed the flavor that badly :smallconfused:...

http://static3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121009171248/xcom/images/thumb/6/6f/XCOM-EU_Chryssalid.jpg/500px-XCOM-EU_Chryssalid.jpg

Only explanation I can think of, at least.

HypoSoc
2014-02-26, 08:59 PM
Oh god! Total party kill from nowhere with haunting consumption animation/sound effects.
@ Saposhiente: Fair warning, your entry does not meet the requirements, as despite getting a random card, drawing a card is a clear non-random action.

Grimsage Matt
2014-02-26, 10:25 PM
Goblin Nuke 7
Legendary Artifact MR
Goblin Nuke goes from the battlefield to the graveyard, or Sacrifice Goblin Nuke; Flip a coin. If heads, destroy all creatures. If tails, exile all permenants.
Goblin Nuke ignores any abillity or spell that would negate its effect
"The ultimate example goblin craftsmanship. And the final one."

Dr.Gunsforhands
2014-02-26, 10:42 PM
Temporary Insanity 1URR
Instant - R
Take an extra turn after this one. Target opponent controls you during that turn. (That player can see all cards you can see and makes all decisions for you.)