PDA

View Full Version : MtG - You Make the Card II: Wrath of Karn

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

Eternis
2014-06-12, 06:11 AM
I was going to pull a card design out of my a$$, but it would feel... so... wrong to sully a tournament in which such a work of elegance has been produced.
It's PERFECT.
It acts as pinpoint removal, weakening opponent's creatures slowly, a combo piece, an almost-boardwipe in the right decks, and the best thing is? IT'S SOMEHOW NOT OVERPOWERED (suspend gives people a lot of time to prepare, and a fair amount of warning of what's to come).
Quite seriously, I feel saddened that you're NOT an official MTG card designer, Ona. ((AND IF YOU ARE I LOVE YOU))

mystic1110
2014-06-12, 11:35 AM
No Good Decisions 4RBW
Sorcery [R]
Separate all permanents target player controls into two piles. Then if there is a pile with two of more cards that player chooses a pile with two of more cards, separate that pile into two piles. Then if there is a pile with two of more cards that player chooses a pile with two of more cards, separate that pile into two piles. Then that player sacrifices a pile of your choice and a pile of his or her choice.

So this is how it works. . . opponent has 5 permenants. . . you separate it into piles of 2-3. Opponent chooses the 3 pile, you separate that into piles 1-2. So now there are 3 piles (1, 2, 2). Your opponent has to choose one more time. . . so he picks one of the 2 piles. . . and you have (1, 1, 1, 2). You choose the 2 pile and he chooses one of 1 piles.

It's pretty powerful: lats assume by turn 6 that the opponent has 6 Lands and 4 other permanents. Lands denoted by L and other permanents by P. You divide them

LLLP1P LLLPP

Opponent wants to save P1 . . . so he picks that group.

you divide it LLLP1, P, and LLLPP

your opponent still wants to save it P1 so he picks that group and now you have

LLP1, L, P and LLLPP.

Now you have the choice between destroying the permanent your opponent wants or blowing up half his stuff. You choose the first group and he chooses the second (just a land)

He's left with LLLPPP - he just lost four lands and the permenant he most didn't want to lose. . .

It's basically a game winning card for 7 mana

Never mind hated that card. . . and, I want to make a common :smallwink:

Tribuchet 1R
Sorcery [C]
Tribuchet deals 1 damage to target player.
Tribuchet deals 1 damage to target creature.
Tribuchet deals 1 damage to target creature or player.
"trebuchets are cool and all, but welcome to the big leagues.

Had to make it cost 2 instead of 1 because otherwise it was a better forked bolt

Misothene
2014-06-12, 12:15 PM
Impending Plague
Sorcery U
Non-existant mana costs cannot be paid
Suspend 3 - 2BB
Whenever you remove a time counter from ~ put a -1/-1 counter on target creature.
Destroy all creatures with a -1/-1 counter on them.

Whatever praise people have for this card, it is most certainly not uncommon. No mana cost at all? Almost guaranteed 3-for-1 or more blowouts? Too much complexity and limited-warping potential to be anything but rare or higher.

Jormengand
2014-06-12, 12:58 PM
Kill team 3B
Instant U
Put 3 1/1 black human assassin tokens with deathtouch onto the battlefield under your control. They have "At the beginning of the end step, sacrifice this creature."
You will never reach our walls. Every man, woman and child on this island is your enemy, and they will give their life to stop you.

You can play an instant at the end of the declare attackers step, right?

Saposhiente
2014-06-12, 01:04 PM
Yes, though you want the wording "At the beginning of the end step" for things that apply at the end of any turn.

Jormengand
2014-06-12, 01:06 PM
Yes, though you want the wording "At the beginning of the end step" for things that apply at the end of any turn.

Thanks. :)

Cosmic Traveler
2014-06-12, 01:21 PM
here's my entry for this
http://i.imgur.com/JCoA277.jpg
edit: rebalancing the card. after deliberation, i figured the cost was cheap for the potential damage

Misothene
2014-06-12, 02:30 PM
here's my entry for this
http://i.imgur.com/imFfmla.jpg

This card doesn't work as intended. Storm only triggers when you cast the spell; copies are never cast, but simply placed on the stack. Similarly, Rebound only triggers if you cast the spell from your hand, which you are obviously not doing with a copy. With this as written, you have a 5-mana Twincast that loses you the game, and nothing else.

The "lose the game" trigger should also be at the beginning of the next turn's upkeep, since that's the first time in the turn the game will be able to put triggers on the stack (since only then will a player receive priority).

Lord Ruby34
2014-06-12, 04:06 PM
Fortune's Fool RRR
Creature- Human Rogue R
When Fortune's Fool enters the battlefield flip three coins.
If you win one or more flips Fortune's Fool gains haste until end of turn.
If you win two or more flips Fortune's Fool deals three damage to target creature or player.
If you win three flips sacrifice Fortune's Fool.
3/3

Cosmic Traveler
2014-06-12, 04:58 PM
This card doesn't work as intended. Storm only triggers when you cast the spell; copies are never cast, but simply placed on the stack. Similarly, Rebound only triggers if you cast the spell from your hand, which you are obviously not doing with a copy. With this as written, you have a 5-mana Twincast that loses you the game, and nothing else.

The "lose the game" trigger should also be at the beginning of the next turn's upkeep, since that's the first time in the turn the game will be able to put triggers on the stack (since only then will a player receive priority).

you're right, im stupid. I originally wanted to do "Rebound, then Rebound again" but i wasnt sure if it would work. Im going to re-work the card to something else then.

Eternis
2014-06-12, 05:19 PM
Whatever praise people have for this card, it is most certainly not uncommon. No mana cost at all? Almost guaranteed 3-for-1 or more blowouts? Too much complexity and limited-warping potential to be anything but rare or higher.
... Yeah, most of these cards are too complex/good for uncommon.
But yeah, it's a rare at least.

TiaC
2014-06-12, 05:24 PM
you're right, im stupid. I originally wanted to do "Rebound, then Rebound again" but i wasnt sure if it would work. Im going to re-work the card to something else then.

Except that now the card could just say Scry 6.

Saposhiente
2014-06-12, 05:33 PM
Scry 2 three times is much worse than scry 6, though a bit complicated for the effect.

Cosmic Traveler
2014-06-12, 07:05 PM
look, i know its a ridiculous card, but i had to work with the thematic at hand. not a lot I could do about it. Oh, I coulda gone for something like

Storm of the Century
RRR
rare
Sorcery
Storm of the century deals 3 damage to target creature

and call it a night, but i wanted to make something UR because that Izzet is real shat on as a color combo by WotC.

if I win this, which i never did in the previous incarnation of this... I know what challenge i'd like to put up.

EDIT:not my entry, look at my post with Galvanic Thought Experiment

radmelon
2014-06-12, 07:32 PM

You uh, you do know that it has no mana cost, not a mana cost of 0, right? That means you can't play it any way other than with suspend. :smallconfused:

LaZodiac
2014-06-12, 07:53 PM
You uh, you do know that it has no mana cost, not a mana cost of 0, right? That means you can't play it any way other than with suspend. :smallconfused:

Ancestral Recall. It's intentional.

Misothene
2014-06-12, 10:21 PM

...yes? Not sure how you inferred I didn't from my comment. That's one of the things that makes it overly complex for a nonrare card.

radmelon
2014-06-12, 11:07 PM
...yes? Not sure how you inferred I didn't from my comment. That's one of the things that makes it overly complex for a nonrare card.

My mistake then. I thought that your objection was that the spell was apparently free if you don't suspend it. Disregard me.

onasuma
2014-06-13, 01:18 AM

I agree. I thought I was the same rarity as the cycle I used as a basis, but turns out they're rare as well. Fixed!

AgentPaper
2014-06-13, 02:18 PM
Fight Club 3
Artifact - Equipment R
At the beginning of each upkeep, equipped creature fights another target creature, then it fights another target creature, then it fights another target creature.
Equip 4

Beacon of Chaos
2014-06-13, 06:23 PM
Wrath of the Forest 5GGG

Sorcery R

Search your library for a green creature card with converted mana cost X or less, where X is your devotion to green, and put it onto the battlefield. Repeat this process two more times, then shuffle your library.

Misothene
2014-06-16, 03:47 AM
Primordial Reality 5RRRG
Sorcery- MR
Each player shuffles all permanents he or she owns into his or her library, then reveals three times that many cards from the top of his or her library. Each player puts all artifact, creature, and land cards revealed this way onto the battlefield, then does the same for enchantment cards, then puts all cards revealed this way that weren't put onto the battlefield on the bottom of his or her library.

The_Tentacle
2014-06-17, 11:01 AM
Trials of Ascension {3W}
Enchantment - Aura (MR)
At the beginning of your upkeep, enchanted creature fights another target creature. If one dies, put a +1/+1 counter on the other.
Whenever enchanted creature has three +1/+1 counters on it, remove all of them and flip ~ (~ stays attached to the creature after it flips).
////////////////////////
Ascendant Might
Enchantment - Aura
Enchanted creature gets +5/+5 and gains flying, first strike, lifelink, and vigilance.
The trials are hard and many, but pass them and you shall reap your deserved reward.

Also:

Trihard {UUUU}
Sorcery - (R)
Search your library for 3 cards that can be used in a combo together and put them into your hand.
"So I cast infinite copies of fireball each dealing infinite damage and counter anything you do infinite times."

Fable Wright
2014-06-17, 12:52 PM
Trials of Ascension {3W}
Enchantment - Aura (MR)
At the beginning of your upkeep, enchanted creature fights another target creature. Put a +1/+1 counter on the winner.
Whenever enchanted creature has three +1/+1 counters on it, remove all of them and flip ~ (~ stays attached to the creature after it flips).
////////////////////////
Ascendant Might
Enchantment - Aura
Enchanted creature gets +5/+5 and gains flying, first strike, lifelink, and vigilance.
The trials are hard and many, but pass them and you shall reap your deserved reward.

My grizzy bears just fought a kracken hatchling. Who won?

onasuma
2014-06-18, 05:02 AM
Everyone watching.

The_Tentacle
2014-06-18, 11:43 AM
My grizzy bears just fought a kracken hatchling. Who won?

I changed it to be completely unambiguous, but I don't really think there could have been much of a problem. Thanks anyways!

Everyone watching.

I hear that.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2014-06-19, 07:31 PM
Judging time!

Mystic Muse's Bridge of Death (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17615301&postcount=1242)
I look at this and I really want to figure out a way to make it work more... consistently? Like, what constitutes a correct answer? The game doesn't know anything about astrophysics, for example, and doesn't have any special lie-detection capability even about stuff in your hand. And when someone else asks you a question, do you have to answer correctly, or can you lie?

"Oh nooo, this joke entry is less than logistically sound! Now I must type up paragraphs about it on the internet." :smalltongue:

Hyposoc's Tristorm (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17615413&postcount=1243)
"If you cast ~ from your hand, you may instead exile."

I only think I know what you mean when you say that sentence. Are you exiling it instead of casting it in the first place? Why couldn't you just give it suspend and have the ability trigger when you suspend it from your hand? Then you could have gotten away with making the suspend cost more expensive and putting it at common to help justify the self-reference, though I suppose being so conditional and having a time delay may make it more well-balanced than it would be otherwise. I do like how everything about it involves threes of everything, though - mana, damage, counters. Very in-theme.

LaZodiac's Ruinous Cerberus (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17615438&postcount=1244)
Triple Strike! I was wondering how someone might try this. I guess one head breathes fire on you as it charges, and then the second head quickly bites your leg, and then the third one bites your arm?

This thing's almost too efficient for what it does... it feels weird calling a 1-power creature, "Ruinous," three-headed or no. You could have gotten away with making it a more expensive 2/4 or something to make it really scary without having to rely on buffing it... or just calling it something more indicative of speed than size, to get me in the right mindset.

Saposhiente's Firestorm (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17615518&postcount=1245)
Has this not been done before? I guess not. It's kind of a peculiar common, anyway... it depends on the format, but it seems like it would routinely eat up three cheap commons in limited. Then again, for four mana you would want to hit at least two. It's good; nice and simple.

Random_person's Unbounded Strength (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17615550&postcount=1246)
I guess the idea is that you put counters on a creature 3 times, even though you put on X twice and 1 once, if that. Still, it counts.

This thing can make a LOT of counters, which is fun and I approve of it. I feel like it would be better-designed without the harbinger effect, though. It feels like you just slipped it on there to meet the contest requirement, because if you want to cast the spell the turn you draw it, it's actually better not to use the ability.

Blue Ghost's Ravenous Reaper (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17615568&postcount=1247)
This one actually confused me at first; I had to remember that when you exile a creature after Unearthing it, it doesn't technically die. Considering its nature, I kind of feel like it would have been better-designed if it DID hit two or four times instead of three, or maybe if it combined the ability with Persist or something to get the proper number of chances to come into play.

thisisacatMeow

Okay, now that that's out of my system, Forbidden Divinations (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17615740&postcount=1248).
It's fine. It's interesting because it's printable and even playable, but secretly not very good. It replaces the lost cards for your opponent and works best for you when you have an empty board. I kind of like it, but many won't.

onasuma's Impending Plague (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17615925&postcount=1249)
I'd judge this card, but it looks like everyone else has already judged it for me. It's good at what it does, invites you to build your deck around it for extra counter fun, and comes on slowly enough that your opponent may still outrace it.

mystic1110's Tribuchet (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17617175&postcount=1252)
"Had to make it cost 2 instead of 1 because otherwise it was a better forked bolt."
I was going to say that now it's just a better First Volley, but that was an instant, and also First Volley was bad. :smalltongue:

The theme of the card seems to lend itself more to being an artifact of some sort, though. This is more like a Tribuchet Shot. As a common, it does what it needs to. It's not as powerful as Firestorm, but then it probably shouldn't be.

Jormengand's Kill Team (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17617589&postcount=1254)
*squints*

This is a very good and powerful card. It probably should have been rare, but I wouldn't be flipping out about it too much if you put it in the set contest. My main complaint is that it's probably undercosted for what it does; it's practically a guaranteed three-for-one that takes out your opponent's best creatures, so it could easily cost 6 mana or so and still be effective. Meanwhile, for four mana, you can barely get single-target removal these days, and this has the added bonus of circumventing Hexproof.

Still, I can see how an opponent can play around it when you're leaving so much mana open, which adds a nice element of interaction to the game via extreme bluffing. It's a good idea overall.

Epicfaillol's Galvanic Thought Experiment (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17617699&postcount=1257)
Hmm. People are right about this - you could have just had it Scry 6, and that would even help justify the higher mana cost by letting it dig deeper for the card you want while still letting you adjust the damage to your liking. The fact that it happens to be scrying 3 times just makes the process needlessly complicated to fulfill the contest requirement. I can think of variations on this formula that feel more like you're doing something three times, too. It's fun, but it seems kind of stilted.

Also, you should be sure to type a textual version of your entry as well as the image, and put designs you're NOT using in spoilers. It makes my life easier that way.

Lord Ruby34's Fortune's Fool (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17618515&postcount=1259)
Pffhaha! Okay. I want to say that I don't know how to frame the flavor of this thing, but really, its ability to hit the field, do amazing things, and then die on accident speaks for itself well enough.

AgentPaper's Fight Club (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17623158&postcount=1270)
This thing's weird. It also seems really fun, especially when you're the only one with creatures and you're desperately trying to figure out who to pass the club to to reduce the damage to your own ranks and finally drop it. Maybe you find a way to equip it to your opponent's creatures and force them into a similar situation. Or maybe you just put it on an indestructible hydra or something.

I probably shouldn't be talking about it, though.

Diego Havoc's Wrath of the Forest (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17624193&postcount=1271)
Eh? Uhhh.... Eww... ugh. Blech.

When you're already winning, it makes you win really, really hard. When you're not already winning, it's just kind of expensive and tough to set up. The sad part is that it looks extremely fun - I just can't actually justify this thing too well. Also, the name seems unrelated to the effect.

Misothene's Primordial Reality (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17633599&postcount=1272)
What's that? You like Warp World? Well how about TRIPLE WARP WORLD?

Even more amusing is that it is a lot more consistent to do it this way, so the right ramp deck may actually be able to put it to even better use than Diego's thing.

The_Tentacle's Trials of Ascension (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17640346&postcount=1273)
The first ability on this thing kind of rubs me the wrong way. It's more of a green effect than a white effect; the white version of this would be to prevent damage rather than force fights, like with Temper or Test of Faith.

In line with popular demand, onasuma wins!

It seemed like there were a few different categories this week - the removal group (which onasuma's plague did most elegantly), the Red Creature group (which I'd have to say is a tie between the Cerberus and the Fool, though the Cerberus is probably better) and the high-cost ramp payload group (where I'd probably put Misothene's reality on top on raw amusement value).

Tom the Mime
2014-06-20, 12:10 AM
Fight Club 3
Artifact - Equipment R
At the beginning of each upkeep, equipped creature fights another target creature, then it fights another target creature, then it fights another target creature.
Equip 4

AgentPaper's
This thing's weird. It also seems really fun, especially when you're the only one with creatures and you're desperately trying to figure out who to pass the club to to reduce the damage to your own ranks and finally drop it. Maybe you find a way to equip it to your opponent's creatures and force them into a similar situation. Or maybe you just put it on an indestructible hydra or something.

I probably shouldn't be talking about it, though.

I could actually see this working a bit better and keeping with the flavour for a unglued set if "If you talk about ~, sacrifice ~", giving you an outlet to get rid of it when/if you need to.

onasuma
2014-06-20, 02:51 AM
I'd like to thank the public for this most gracious award. Truely, it is not me who won, but all of you who won with me. [/garbage exceptance speech]

This week we have a mammoth of a challenge *chortles to self because he realises this is a pun*

Create an Elephant

Eternis
2014-06-20, 03:14 AM
Gar'tuk, Alpha Pachyderm 6G
Creature - Elephant (MR)
Trample
Other Elephants you control gain trample.
Chroma - Whenever ~ attacks, put X 3/3 elephant creature tokens tapped and attacking into play, where X is the number of green mana symbols in permanents you control.
6GG: Each attacking Elephant you control gets +5/+5.
3/4

Jormengand
2014-06-20, 03:14 AM
War Elephants 4RRR
Creature - Elephant MR
Defender
R, Sacrifice a creature you control with the lowest toughness among creatures you control: Deal 6 damage divided as you wish between any number of target creatures or players.
6/6

I'm sorry everyone; I've been playing too much War of Omens and I thought this was a good idea.

Yes, I'm aware it has a similar name to an existing card, but it kinda needed to be called that for the reference to make sense.

Real entry:

Sultan's Steed
Enchantment Creature - Elephant R
(Nonexistant mana costs can't be paid)
Trample
Bestow 2WW (If you cast this card for its bestow cost, it's an Aura spell with enchant creature. It becomes a creature again if it's not attached to a creature.)
Enchanted creature gets +4/+4 and trample. When enchanted creature is destroyed, Sultan's Steed gains vigilance and attacks each turn if able.
4/4

Idea is that the faithful mount goes berserk when its rider is slain.

TiaC
2014-06-20, 04:52 AM
Mother of Memory 2GG
Creature - Elephant Shaman U
Trample
Spells with the same name as a card in your graveyard cost you 2 less to cast.
She never forgets.
3/3

mystic1110
2014-06-20, 09:02 AM
Pachyderm Psychopomp BGW
Creature - Elephant Spirit U
When Pachyderm Psychopomp enters the battlefield you may choose a land card from your graveyard and put it onto the battlefield. That land becomes a 3/3 black green white elephant spirit creature with haste, trample and lifelink that is still a land until end of turn.
Elephants who are led to the Elephant graveyards are led further after death, by Mastodons, Mammoths and all those who came before them, further to another land where they can graze peacefully forever.
3/3

Ionbound
2014-06-20, 10:07 AM
Elephant's Graveyard-2GB

Creature-Skeleton Elephant

Trample

~ enters the battlefield tapped.

B-Regenerate Elephant Graveyard

5/5

HypoSoc
2014-06-20, 01:20 PM
Ivory-tusked Behemoth 4GG
Creature - Elephant - R
Trample
When ~ dies, put two colorless artifact tokens named Ivory onto the battlefield. They have "Sacrifice this artifact: add two mana of any one color to your mana pool."
The Ivory is worth every life lost in the hunt.
7/7

Saposhiente
2014-06-20, 01:55 PM
Ivory-tusked Behemoth 5G
Creature - Elephant - R
Trample
When ~ dies, put two colorless artifact tokens named Ivory onto the battlefield. They have "Sacrifice this artifact: add two mana of any one color to your mana pool."
7/7

Seems too good for being splashable; should require 2-4 green mana.

LaZodiac
2014-06-20, 02:02 PM
Mighty Shouter, Avatar of the Forest 5G
Legendary Creature - Elephant Avatar (R)
When ~ attacks, reveal the top card of your library. If it's a land card, put it onto the battlefield. Otherwise put it in your hand.
5/6
It nurtures and grows the forests, its voice bringing life as it ends its enemies.

Not in card format, but here's the art inspiration (http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110815205934/duelmasters/images/2/22/Mighty_Shouter_Gamespy_Logo.jpg) :smallamused:

Saposhiente
2014-06-20, 02:08 PM
*its voice
*its enemies

LaZodiac
2014-06-20, 02:11 PM
*its voice
*its enemies

Right, I always forget that :smallredface:

Dr.Gunsforhands
2014-06-20, 03:59 PM
Loxodon Infiltrator 5G
Creature - Elephant Ninja C
Ninjutsu 2GG (2GG, Return an unblocked attacker you control to hand: Put this card onto the battlefield from your hand tapped and attacking.)
She carries one lockpick, to get in. The fun part is getting back out.
6/5

Misothene
2014-06-20, 04:00 PM
Elephant Graveyard-2GB

Trample

5/5

Name's taken. (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=202432)

Saposhiente
2014-06-20, 04:04 PM
Name's taken. (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=202432)

I don't think it matters. The goal is to make interesting (yet balanced) cards, not necessarily ones that could be printed by Wizards in their current form.

Ionbound
2014-06-20, 04:04 PM

Dang it...Now I need to think of something else.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2014-06-20, 04:10 PM
...Elephant Boneyard? Elephant Cemetary?

...no, wait, I've got it:

SKELEPHANT.

Tom the Mime
2014-06-20, 09:51 PM
Phantasmal Elephant - 1GU
Creature - Elephant Illusion U
Trample
Whenever ~ becomes the target of a spell or ability, sacrifice it
Let's just hope they don't have a phantasmal mouse
4/4

Dumbo, Former Clown - 2UU
Creature - Legendary Elephant Pegasus R
U: ~ gains flying until end of turn
UU: ~ gains +1/+0 until end of turn
3/3

Really like the flavour for the elephant ninja from Dr Gunsforhands

Blue Ghost
2014-06-22, 08:27 PM
Dreamgorger Heffalump 2GU
Creature - Elephant Nightmare (U)
Trample
When Dreamgorger Heffalump deals combat damage to a player, that player puts that many cards from the top of his or her library into his or her graveyard. Put a +1/+1 counter on Dreamgorger Heffalump for each land card put into a graveyard this way.
3/3

http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a560/BlueGhostITP/DreamgorgerHeffalump_zps6bb9885d.jpg

Lord Ruby34
2014-06-23, 11:34 AM
Loxodon Gate Warden 1WG
Creature- Elephant Warrior R
Vigilance
Creatures entering the battlefield do not cause abilities to trigger.
Before any can enter the conclave's walls they must first pass his gate.
4/4

Binks
2014-06-23, 02:18 PM
Startled Giant - 4GG
Creature - Elephant R
Elephants you control attack each turn if able.
Whenever an Elephant creature you control attacks and is blocked it gets +3/+3 and gains Trample until end of turn.
"It is the height of foolishness to get in the way of a stampede." - Excerpt from 'The Hunter's Aid'
6/6

Misothene
2014-06-23, 02:19 PM
Worldfiller Gargantuan 6GGUU
Creature- Elephant Leviathan Mutant MR
When Worldfiller Gargantuan enters the battlefield, return all other creatures to their owners' hands.
If another creature would enter the battlefield, return it to its owner's hand instead.
If Worldfiller Gargantuan would be put into a graveyard from anywhere, shuffle it into its owner's library instead.
10/10

Androgeus
2014-06-23, 05:52 PM
Elephantiasis 1GG
Enchantment - Aura U
Enchant Creature
Enchanted creature gets +3/+3, has trample and is an elephant in addition to its other types.
He couldn't remember how it had happened, but he had remembered everything since

Also just for giggles
Eleph Ant 2G
Creature - Elephant Insect
3/3

Beacon of Chaos
2014-06-23, 06:41 PM
Stampy 2RRG

Legendary Creature - Elephant R

Trample

At the beginning of each player's upkeep, Stampy deals 3 damage to a random creature that player controls, other than itself.

"Animals are a lot like people, Mrs. Simpson. Some of them act badly because they've had a hard life or have been mistreated. But, like people, some of them are just jerks."

4/4

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-NA_eD6J2wxQ/UJqfpRkU6kI/AAAAAAAABA0/b20uqrz3YhE/s1600/05-17.png

Misothene
2014-06-23, 09:36 PM
Loxodon Gatekeeper 1WG
Vigilance
4/4

This name is also taken. (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=83651)

Lord Ruby34
2014-06-25, 11:39 AM
Well, crap. That one worked pretty well as a name.

onasuma
2014-06-27, 05:09 PM
Gar'tuk, Alpha Pachyderm 6G
Creature - Elephant (MR)
Trample
Other Elephants you control gain trample.
Chroma - Whenever ~ attacks, put X 3/3 elephant creature tokens tapped and attacking into play, where X is the number of green mana symbols in permanents you control.
6GG: Each attacking Elephant you control gets +5/+5.
3/4

This is exactly what I think a legendary elephant should be. Super cool thing. I think you might be better with a CMC of 6 and losing the activated ability – that seems a tiny bit of overkill, although, I suppose it means you're buffing your own chroma without making him exclusive to mono-green. Very solid commander though – Id run him in a heartbeat.

Sultan's Steed
Enchantment Creature - Elephant R
(Nonexistant mana costs can't be paid)
Trample
Bestow 2WW (If you cast this card for its bestow cost, it's an Aura spell with enchant creature. It becomes a creature again if it's not attached to a creature.)
Enchanted creature gets +4/+4 and trample. When enchanted creature is destroyed, Sultan's Steed gains vigilance and attacks each turn if able.
4/4

I think you've got the flavour of this thing down pretty well, but Im not convinced its right in terms of balanced. Id probably want it to cost 2WG in all honestly, trample in monowhite seems a tiny bit off, even given the flavour. I like this thing, just think it needs a tad more refinement. Also, it has no colour. Intentional or not, I think it should have a colour.

Mother of Memory 2GG
Creature - Elephant Shaman U
Trample
Spells with the same name as a card in your graveyard cost you 2 less to cast.
She never forgets.
3/3

I love this. Simple, thematic and totally awesome. I can see this making some very cool plays in golgari, although I suppose scavange may be less than the ideal mechanic to play it off against. Regardless, filling your graveyard through self mill always makes me happy and this works wonderfully with it. Good solid body, cool ability, great elephant.

Pachyderm Psychopomp BGW
Creature - Elephant Spirit U
When Pachyderm Psychopomp enters the battlefield you may choose a land card from your graveyard and put it onto the battlefield. That land becomes a 3/3 black green white elephant spirit creature with haste, trample and lifelink that is still a land until end of turn.
Elephants who are led to the Elephant graveyards are led further after death, by Mastodons, Mammoths and all those who came before them, further to another land where they can graze peacefully forever.
3/3

Reanimating land, which is then (briefly) a scary creature is a nice mechanic and always amusing to play with (doubley so if you use this to reanimate an elephant graveyard - Pretty sure doing that would be an autowin on style alone), but Im left at a bit of a loss as to the way you're meant to use this. Im assuming its for beatdown agro decks, but using it early relies on you having land in your graveyard which isnt massively likely, and by the time you do its body - and the body of the token - will be underwhelming. I may well be missing something though.

Elephant's Graveyard-2GB

Trample

5/5

Simple and elegant. Beefy elephant who is hard to kill. Very hard to kill in fact. This thing is a limited bomb and a half and I can see it being a winner in a lot of games. No rarity though, probably an uncommon at a guess. Also, Dr. Gunsforhands was right. It should have been called Skelephant.

Ivory-tusked Behemoth 4GG
Creature - Elephant - R
Trample
7/7

Again, another very flavourful entry. Beefy creatures are always nice and mana ramp is equally welcome. I think it might have been slightly cooler as a beefier cheaper creature that gave its killer the tusks, then you can get all up and angry due to playing against poachers. As it is right now, its a cool card and I would love one under a mimic vat.

Mighty Shouter, Avatar of the Forest 5G
Legendary Creature - Elephant Avatar (R)
When ~ attacks, reveal the top card of your library. If it's a land card, put it onto the battlefield. Otherwise put it in your hand.
5/6
It nurtures and grows the forests, its voice bringing life as it ends its enemies.

Reusable draw in mono green is always welcome, but setting it as you have does indeed make it a green ability rather than anything else. This thing is simple and effective at what it does and I can see if being used wonderfully in a plethora of multicoloured decks in EDH. Id run it at least! Encourages you to be loud and stampy and thats just what I like to see.

Loxodon Infiltrator 5G
Creature - Elephant Ninja C
Ninjutsu 2GG (2GG, Return an unblocked attacker you control to hand: Put this card onto the battlefield from your hand tapped and attacking.)
She carries one lockpick, to get in. The fun part is getting back out.
6/5

Fun. Fun cards get a lot of credit from me, and the art on this card would be enough to probably be someone's background for a while. What Im afraid I dont like much is ninjitsu in green – feels off theme for me. If its going to be done though, this is the way to do it.

Phantasmal Elephant - 1GU
Creature - Elephant Illusion U
Trample
Whenever ~ becomes the target of a spell or ability, sacrifice it
Let's just hope they don't have a phantasmal mouse
4/4

Simple solid card. Feels both green and blue and I could see it being used in draft as an early beefy bomb. Easy to remove, but then all illusions are - thats the point. Id run it!

Dreamgorger Heffalump 2GU
Creature - Elephant Nightmare (U)
Trample
When Dreamgorger Heffalump deals combat damage to a player, that player puts that many cards from the top of his or her library into his or her graveyard. Put a +1/+1 counter on Dreamgorger Heffalump for each land card put into a graveyard this way.
3/3

I like this. Becomes a big threat over time, but slowly enough for your opponent to deal with it. Also theres a bunch of synergy with GU and I like seeing mill outside of UB. Cool card.

Loxodon Gate Warden 1WG
Vigilance
4/4

I dont like Torbor orb and Im not big on 4/4's for 3 that are anything more than a keyword over vanilla. Thematically I suppose this makes sense, but its never going to be a card I want to use. That said, compared to the newly spoiled hypogriff (2/1 flying torpor orb with flash) this would seem to be more or less on par with what wizards think is reasonable.

Startled Giant - 4GG
Creature - Elephant R
Elephants you control attack each turn if able.
Whenever an Elephant creature you control attacks and is blocked it gets +3/+3 and gains Trample until end of turn.
"It is the height of foolishness to get in the way of a stampede." - Excerpt from 'The Hunter's Aid'
6/6

This is a cool card again, very thematic on the stampeding flavour, which is pretty cool. I think its main limitiation is lack of other elephant tribal, so its limited to the few elephant token genrators. Id love to see this paired with Gar'Tuk for some amazing EDH plays.

Worldfiller Gargantuan 6GGUU
Creature- Elephant Leviathan Mutant MR
When Worldfiller Gargantuan enters the battlefield, return all other creatures to their owners' hands.
If another creature would enter the battlefield, return it to its owner's hand instead.
If Worldfiller Gargantuan would be put into a graveyard from anywhere, shuffle it into its owner's library instead.
10/10

I LOVE THIS. It would be a rare occurance to get it out, rarer still to see it work, but I cannot help but love an elephant so large that no other creatures can fit in the world. I've got nothing else to say. Its just amazing.

Elephantiasis 1GG
Enchantment - Aura U
Enchant Creature
Enchanted creature gets +3/+3, has trample and is an elephant in addition to its other types.
He couldn't remember how it had happened, but he had remembered everything since

Cool enchantment. Well costed, strong effect and also flavourful. Silly cards are cool and if you can find a coat of arms or door of destinies even the fun bit can be a useful ability.

Stampy 2RRG

Legendary Creature - Elephant R

Trample

At the beginning of each player's upkeep, Stampy deals 3 damage to a random creature that player controls, other than itself.

"Animals are a lot like people, Mrs. Simpson. Some of them act badly because they've had a hard life or have been mistreated. But, like people, some of them are just jerks."

4/4

I think I may miss the reference due to not being a fan of the simpsons really, but purely as a card it seems very viable. Got randomness and direct damage from red and a big elephant body from green. I like it but its probably enough to only be able to have a few creatures out. If he did 2, rather than 3, that would mean other elephants are safe from him which might be cooler for an elephant horde, but 3 is a good burst to deal with a lot of issues.

WINNERS:

3rd: Eternis with Gar'Tuk. I want a legendary elephant quite a lot, and this was my favourite of the legends entered here. Hordey, beefy and fun all at once.
2nd: Thisisacat with Mother of Memory. Im sorry, I really wanted this to win, just on flavour alone. Its elegant and awesome.
1st: Misothene with Worldfiller Gargantuan. I couldnt let anything else win. The image of just the largest elephant ever, being all confused as to where everyone else has gone and wishing he had more friends is just too cool for me to not have this as my winner, practicality and stats be damned!

Congratulations!

Ionbound
2014-06-27, 05:12 PM
Once again, I forgot rarity, and it costs me a placing...:smallfrown:

LaZodiac
2014-06-27, 05:30 PM
Awe, better luck next time, and good job to the winner :smallamused:

mystic1110
2014-06-27, 05:54 PM
Reanimating land, which is then (briefly) a scary creature is a nice mechanic and always amusing to play with (doubley so if you use this to reanimate an elephant graveyard - Pretty sure doing that would be an autowin on style alone), but Im left at a bit of a loss as to the way you're meant to use this. Im assuming its for beatdown agro decks, but using it early relies on you having land in your graveyard which isnt massively likely, and by the time you do its body - and the body of the token - will be underwhelming. I may well be missing something though.

I guess you don't play modern or legacy? Because Play this turn three - return a fetch land - beat for 3, gain 3 life and if you're lucky you're up a land next turn and have a 3/3 out. :smallbiggrin:

Congrats to the winner however!!!

TiaC
2014-06-27, 11:03 PM
Thanks for the 2nd place and congrats to Misothene on the win.

Misothene
2014-06-29, 09:21 PM
Thanks for the win! The Worldfiller had some impressive competition.

This round's challenge:

Create a card that attaches to something other than a card on the battlefield.

Examples of existing cards that do this: Spellweaver Volute (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=136032), Curse of Bloodletting (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=227091)

LaZodiac
2014-06-29, 09:46 PM
Curse of the Hounded 2BG
Enchantment - Aura Curse (R)
Enchant Graveyard
When a creature is put into the enchanted graveyard, each other player puts a 2/2 green and black wolf creature token onto the battlefield.
Even tainted, Garruk continues to hunt. His methods have just...changed.

Blue Ghost
2014-06-29, 10:25 PM
Ghastly Haunting BB
Enchantment - Aura (R)
Enchant creature card in a graveyard
At the beginning of your upkeep, any player may sacrifice a creature. If no one does, sacrifice Ghastly Haunting and return enchanted card to the battlefield under your control.

Tom the Mime
2014-06-29, 10:52 PM
Curse of Memory BU
Enchantment - Aura Curse R
Enchant Player
Echo BU
Enchanted players maximum hand size is reduced by 3
Your ability to retain knowledge has been somewhat reduced. Would you like me to use smaller words?

Liked the idea but not sure of the balance at all. A reduction of three would be the limit on a single card otherwise it would shift the game way to much for a single card regarding keeping things back in your hand. I felt a cost of 2 should be okay given that it's a slow, untargeted discard which you can avoid if you play enough cards.

If you don't pay the echo cost, it acts as a slow discard. If you do pay it, you can stack another later to cause a player to mostly play from the top of their deck. Without the echo, getting lucky and dropping 2 of these by turn 3 would be too powerful against too many decks.

TiaC
2014-06-30, 12:57 AM
Multispell Matrix U
Enchantment - Aura U
Enchant Instant or Sorcery spell on the stack
Flash
Split Second
Whenever a player casts a spell, copy enchanted spell. If you do, you may choose new targets for the copy.

Does this even work?

Misothene
2014-06-30, 01:29 AM
Multispell Matrix U
Enchantment - Aura U
Enchant Instant or Sorcery spell on the stack
Flash
Whenever a player casts a spell, add a copy of enchanted spell to the stack.

Does this even work?

Yes, it does. You may want to reword it thusly to more closely match other copying effects:

"Whenever a player casts a spell, copy enchanted spell. If you do, you may choose new targets for the copy."

TiaC
2014-06-30, 04:05 AM
Yes, it does. You may want to reword it thusly to more closely match other copying effects:

"Whenever a player casts a spell, copy enchanted spell. If you do, you may choose new targets for the copy."

Thanks. I've always thought there should be some way to give a spell storm. (This is only Faux-Storm of course)

Beacon of Chaos
2014-06-30, 05:33 AM
Congrats to the winner!

I think I may miss the reference due to not being a fan of the simpsons really, but purely as a card it seems very viable. Got randomness and direct damage from red and a big elephant body from green. I like it but its probably enough to only be able to have a few creatures out. If he did 2, rather than 3, that would mean other elephants are safe from him which might be cooler for an elephant horde, but 3 is a good burst to deal with a lot of issues.
I'm glad you liked it, since it was mostly a joke entry anyway. Oh, and Stampy hates other elephants, so that 3 damage is thematically fine. :smalltongue:

Dr.Gunsforhands
2014-06-30, 09:55 AM
Betrothed Immortal 3WW
Creature - Spirit R
Flying, Haunt
When the creature *this haunts would die, instead exile it. *this continues to haunt that creature card in exile.
You may cast the creature card *this haunts from exile. *this continues to haunt it when you cast it and when it enters the battlefield.
2/4

HypoSoc
2014-06-30, 10:03 AM
Reinforced Reflection 1U
Enchantment - Aura - R
Enchant token
When enchanted token leaves play you may put two copies of it only to battlefield.
Whenever a token enters the battlefield, if ~ is in your graveyard, you may return ~ to your hand at the beginning of the next end step.
Sarn wondered how many of the enemy troops were just smoke and mirrors. Then he remembered it soon wouldn't matter.

No, the card does not return to your hand from its own ability.

Fable Wright
2014-06-30, 10:36 AM
Reinforced Reflection 1U
Enchantment - Aura - R
Enchant token
When enchanted token leaves play you may put two copies of it only to battlefield.
Whenever a token enters the battlefield, if ~ is in your graveyard, you may return ~ to your hand at the beginning of the next end step.
Sarn wondered how many of the enemy troops were just smoke and mirrors. Then he remembered it soon wouldn't matter.

No, the card does not return to your hand from its own ability.

But the average player is unlikely to know that. Why not have Reinforced Reflection exile itself after the copies are put onto the battlefield, and set the trigger to return it from exile?

Also,

Curse of the Hounded 2BG
Enchantment - Aura Curse (R)
Enchant Player
When a creatures controlled by enchanted played dies, each other player puts a 2/2 green and black wolf creature token onto the battlefield.
Even tainted, Garruk continues to hunt. His methods have just...changed.
This would be so much more awesome as Enchant Graveyard.

LaZodiac
2014-06-30, 10:41 AM
This would be so much more awesome as Enchant Graveyard.

Done and done. Had to modify the wording a bit, and now I'm not sure if it fits the correct phrasing that Magic uses and stuff. But yeah, now it's much more unique, thanks :smallbiggrin:

Binks
2014-06-30, 10:49 AM
Gravesorting - 1{W/B}{W/B}
Enchantment - Aura - R
Enchant Creature card in a Graveyard
{1W}: Exile enchanted creature card. You may attach ~ to a different creature card in a graveyard.
{3B} Sacrifice ~: Put enchanted creature card on the battlefield under your control.
"Human...Elf...Goblin...there's got to be one here...Ah! Giant! Just what I needed!" - Tyr'lk, Necromancer.

Beacon of Chaos
2014-06-30, 10:50 AM
Damn. Suddenly mine feels less unique. (in reponse to Enchant Graveyard)

Forgetfulness 2UU

Enchantment - Aura R

Enchant Library

Enchanted library cannot be searched.

Whenever a card from enchanted library would be put into a graveyard or exiled, twice that many cards are put into a graveyard or exiled instead.

mystic1110
2014-06-30, 11:53 AM
Transmittable Malediction 1B
Enchant Player
Whenever a creature deals combat damage to you, that creature's controller gains control of Transmittable Malediction.
At the beginning of your upkeep place two -1/-1 counters on target creature you control. If you don't control a creature, Lose 2 life.
The sick are like kings, they walk unmolested and feared by all.

Androgeus
2014-06-30, 02:56 PM
Embargo Orders 3W
Enchantment - Aura R
Enchant Command Zone
Cards and emblems in enchanted command zone lose all abilities.
Cards can not be cast from enchanted command zone.

Lord Ruby34
2014-06-30, 04:49 PM
Overcharge 2RR
Echantment-Aura
Enchant Enchantment
Enchanted Enchantment gets "This card deals damage to it's controller equal to it's converted mana cost during that player's upkeep" and "You may sacrifice this permanent, use this ability only as a sorcery."

EDIT: Misread the challenge. I'll have another card up later.

Jormengand
2014-06-30, 05:35 PM
Vengeance 4B
Enchantment - Aura MR
Enchant Creature in a graveyard.
During your upkeep, put a resurrection counter on Vengeance. Then, if it has at least three resurrection counters on it, exile it and return enchanted creature to the battlefield under your control, then put two copies of that creature onto the battlefield under your control.
Do you believe in death after death?

I guessed the price roughly from Animate Dead's cost. So sue me.

Ninjaman
2014-06-30, 07:47 PM
Transmittable Malediction B
Enchantment - Aura Curse U
Enchant Player
Whenever a creature deals combat damage to you, that creature's controller gains control of Transmittable Malediction.
At the beginning of your upkeep lose 2 life.

So in a creatureless deck this card is broken?

Vengeant Spirit 3B
Enchantment Creature - Aura Spirit
Enchant Creature in a graveyard.
Vengeant Spirit enters play as a copy of enchanted creature. It has haste and Enchant Creature in a graveyard. Destroy it at the beginning of the end step.
Do you believe in death after death?
*/*

Auras can't be creatures.

mystic1110
2014-06-30, 08:28 PM
So in a creatureless deck this card is broken?

Hmm, I will edit it post-haste

Blue Ghost
2014-06-30, 08:38 PM
Transmittable Malediction 1B
Enchant Player
At the beginning of your upkeep lose 3 life, and search your library for a card, put it into your hand, then shuffles your library.

Now it's more a boon than a curse. Which is fine, but it doesn't quite match the flavor concept.
I think the original was fine, or could be if you bumped up the cost just a touch. 2 damage/round isn't super broken, and the drawback is difficult enough to play around to keep things interesting.

mystic1110
2014-06-30, 08:40 PM
Yeah I was worried about that . . . wait give me a second and ill change it to version 3.

Now it takes some time for life loss to kick in, it can be avoided, and it has more of a sickness flavor. Still strong in a creatureless deck - but hey I like control. Maybe it will force more enchantment hate MD.

The_Tentacle
2014-07-05, 08:58 AM
Legacy of the Past {XWW}
Enchantment - Aura (R)
Enchant Planeswalker in a graveyard.
~ comes into play with X charge counters on it.
Sacrifice ~: activate one of enchanted Planeswalker's abilities with a loyalty cost up to the number of charge counters on ~ as if it was still on the battlefield.
The legacy of great ones can accomplish great deeds, even long after their death.

Ionbound
2014-07-05, 09:05 AM
Bloodied Bog-2BBB

Enchantment-Curse

Enchant Battlefield

Creatures on the battlefield have -1/-1

Whenever a non-token, non-zombie creature is put in the graveyard from the battlefield, place a 2/2 black Ghoul token on the battlefield under it's controller's control.

When the battle ends, the scavengers appear to feast on the dead and the wounded.

AgentPaper
2014-07-05, 12:03 PM
Legacy of the Past {3WW}
Enchantment - Aura (R)
Enchant Planeswalker in a graveyard.
Return enchanted Planeswalker to the battlefield with 5 loyalty counters on it. It cannot gain loyalty counters.
When ~ leaves play exile enchanted Planeswalker. (~ is removed as normal if enchanted Planeswalker dies.)
The legacy of great ones can accomplish great deeds, even long after their death.

Does this seem colored correctly? I wasn't sure what color to make it, white just seemed the closest to what I wanted to do.

Reanimation is traditionally black, though temporary reanimation can be red/black. Planeswalker reanimation is new, though, so it could go any number of ways.

However, this is worded wrong, and as it is now it is a broken card. Since it can only enchant planeswalkers in graveyards, as soon as it's effect triggers it falls off, so all it really does is return the planeswalker to the battlefield and then disappear. This means that the planeswalker can gain loyalty counters and doesn't get exiled. I'm not sure if it gives the planeswalker 5 loyalty counters or not.

A correct wording of what you're doing can be found on the oracle text for Animate Dead (http://gatherer.wizards.com/pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=159249). As you can see, it is also very wordy and confusing, so I would suggest not making a card that needs to use that text.

The_Tentacle
2014-07-05, 09:37 PM
Reanimation is traditionally black, though temporary reanimation can be red/black. Planeswalker reanimation is new, though, so it could go any number of ways.

However, this is worded wrong, and as it is now it is a broken card. Since it can only enchant planeswalkers in graveyards, as soon as it's effect triggers it falls off, so all it really does is return the planeswalker to the battlefield and then disappear. This means that the planeswalker can gain loyalty counters and doesn't get exiled. I'm not sure if it gives the planeswalker 5 loyalty counters or not.

A correct wording of what you're doing can be found on the oracle text for Animate Dead (http://gatherer.wizards.com/pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=159249). As you can see, it is also very wordy and confusing, so I would suggest not making a card that needs to use that text.

Thanks for the advice. I went ahead and restructured it completely, as best I could. I wasn't sure about the templating since I was forging into the (so far) great unknown, but I had fun with it.

Saposhiente
2014-07-05, 10:15 PM
Do you mean "remove X charge counters from ~:" instead of "sacrifice ~:"? As is, it may as well be a sorcery.

- - - Updated - - -

Bloodied Bog-2BB

Enchantment-Curse

Enchant Battlefield

Creatures on the battlefield have -1/-1

Whenever a creature is put in the graveyard from the battlefield, place a 2/2 black Ghoul token on the battlefield under your control.

When the battle ends, the scavengers appear to feast on the dead and the wounded.

"Target Weenie or Creature Aggro player loses the game."
You're even fine to run 1/1 and 2/1 creatures with this; you'll get something better out of them anyway.
Also an infinite combo with itself and any dying creature.

Blue Ghost
2014-07-06, 07:08 PM
"Target Weenie or Creature Aggro player loses the game."
You're even fine to run 1/1 and 2/1 creatures with this; you'll get something better out of them anyway.
Also an infinite combo with itself and any dying creature.

Curse of Death's Hold is a thing.

But Enchant Battlefield seems rather pointless. Why can't it be a regular enchantment?

Fable Wright
2014-07-06, 09:45 PM
Curse of Death's Hold is a thing.
Curse of Death's Hold doesn't give the player running it an infinite stream of chump blocker Zombies as a tacked on bonus for less mana.

Lord Ruby34
2014-07-07, 01:37 AM
Curse of Unstable Summoning 1UR
Enchant Player
Whenever enchanted player casts a creature spell from their hand that player flips a coin. If he or she loses the flip the spell is exiled and enchanted player exiles cards from the top of his or her library until they reveal a creature spell with a converted mana cost of two or less. Enchanted player may cast that card without paying it's mana cost. Then he or she puts all cards exiled with Curse of Unstable Summoning on the bottom of his or her library in a random order.

Androgeus
2014-07-07, 08:44 AM
Curse of Death's Hold doesn't give the player running it an infinite stream of chump blocker Zombies as a tacked on bonus for less mana.

Make it non-zombie or non-token so it doesn't proc itself and it should be fine.

Curse of Unstable Summoning 1UR
Enchantment - Aura Curse
Enchant Player
Whenever enchanted player casts a creature spell from their hand that player flips a coin. If he or she wins the flip the creature resolves normally, if they lose the flip the spell is exiled and enchanted player exiles cards from the top of his or her library until they reveal a creature spell with a converted mana cost of two or less. Enchanted player may cast that card without paying it's mana cost. Then he or she puts all cards exiled with Curse of Unstable Summoning on the bottom of his or her library in a random order.

Just a small templating thing but you don't actually need to say what happens when you win the flip (see Planar Chaos (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=35088)).

Fable Wright
2014-07-07, 09:56 AM
Make it non-zombie or non-token so it doesn't proc itself and it should be fine.

No, it really, really wouldn't. It's flat-out broken. People still run Night of Soul's Betrayal (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=night+of+souls%27+betrayal) in competitive formats. This is infinitely better than Night of Soul's Betrayal. In a control shell, you're getting a free body from every removal spell you cast. Every Damnation you cast, you summon an army of zombies with which you can chump block or alpha strike. Just creating a 2/2 Zombie every time a non-token creature dies is probably too powerful for a 4 cost enchantment, and giving all creatures -1/-1 permanently is still a worthy investment at 4 mana. Ogre Slumlord (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=366432) is the only card that makes a token whenever a creature dies, and it's an easily killed 5-cost creature. Making it an enchantment with an already powerful secondary effect is just asking for a format to get broken.

AgentPaper
2014-07-07, 11:46 AM
Altar of the Banished 2UU
Enchantment R
Enchant exiled creature
At the beginning of your upkeep, if your devotion to blue is greater than or equal to the converted mana cost of enchanted creature, return enchanted creature to the battlefield.

Androgeus
2014-07-07, 12:06 PM
No, it really, really wouldn't. It's flat-out broken. People still run Night of Soul's Betrayal (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=night+of+souls%27+betrayal) in competitive formats. This is infinitely better than Night of Soul's Betrayal. In a control shell, you're getting a free body from every removal spell you cast. Every Damnation you cast, you summon an army of zombies with which you can chump block or alpha strike. Just creating a 2/2 Zombie every time a non-token creature dies is probably too powerful for a 4 cost enchantment, and giving all creatures -1/-1 permanently is still a worthy investment at 4 mana. Ogre Slumlord (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=366432) is the only card that makes a token whenever a creature dies, and it's an easily killed 5-cost creature. Making it an enchantment with an already powerful secondary effect is just asking for a format to get broken.

By fine I meant it wouldn't go infinite with itself, I hadn't actually bothered looking at the cost.

Ionbound
2014-07-07, 02:16 PM
Alright. Made it considerably more of a 2-edged sword. And it doesn't proc off of itself.

Saposhiente
2014-07-07, 02:29 PM
Still broken, see DMofDarkness's comment on how it still would be with this specific change. Also still strictly better than Night of Soul's Betrayal.

Fable Wright
2014-07-07, 02:57 PM
Obsession {U/B}{U/B}{U/B}
Enchantment - Aura R
Enchant non-land card in a graveyard
If you control Obsession, you may cast a copy of enchanted card by discarding a card in addition to paying its other costs. If you do, target opponent gains control of Obsession.
{1}: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool. Spend this mana only to cast spells with the same name as enchanted card or to activate the abilities of permanents with the same name as enchanted card. Any player may activate this ability.

Jormengand
2014-07-07, 03:28 PM
-Snip-

I hear that people who put rarities on their cards are happier and less likely to get bopped over the head by designers.

Fable Wright
2014-07-07, 04:17 PM
I hear that people who put rarities on their cards are happier and less likely to get bopped over the head by designers.
>.> You saw nothing.

Ionbound
2014-07-07, 04:24 PM
Still broken, see DMofDarkness's comment on how it still would be with this specific change. Also still strictly better than Night of Soul's Betrayal.

How is not being playable against weenie decks better that Night of Souls' Betrayal?

Jormengand
2014-07-07, 04:31 PM
How is not being playable against weenie decks better that Night of Souls' Betrayal?

It depends how weenie the weenies are. Plus, it means things like the effects of Elder Cathar or, perhaps more importantly, Champion of the Parish, won't proc (because the former doesn't have any humans to put stuff on and the latter is dead).

Androgeus
2014-07-07, 04:41 PM
Obsession {U/B}{U/B}{U/B}
Enchantment - Aura R
Enchant spell in a graveyard
If you control Obsession, you may cast a copy of enchanted spell by discarding a card in addition to paying its other costs. If you do, target opponent gains control of Obsession.
{1}: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool. Spend this mana only to cast spells with the same name as enchanted spell or to activate the abilities of permanents with the same name as enchanted spell. Any player may activate this ability.

There are no spells in the graveyard, I guess you just mean any non-land card?

Saposhiente
2014-07-07, 05:56 PM

It is playable and in fact excellent vs weenie
NoSB: "Creatures on the battlefield have -1/-1"
Your card: "Creatures on the battlefield have -1/-1, and also you sometimes get Ghoul tokens"

Fable Wright
2014-07-07, 06:10 PM
It is playable and in fact excellent vs weenie
NoSB: "Creatures on the battlefield have -1/-1"
Your card: "Creatures on the battlefield have -1/-1, and also you sometimes get Ghoul tokens"

Er, the current reading allows the opponent to also get Ghoul tokens, so it's really not as strong as it was before.

Saposhiente
2014-07-07, 06:19 PM
Whoops, didn't read closely enough.
Yeah probably fine.

Misothene
2014-07-07, 09:11 PM
It's time.

This card is no different than an enchant player curse, and is currently worded to be one ("other player" has no meaning as is, as no player is referenced). The card is interesting flavorfully, but doesn't seem very good in a constructed format, as it doesn't do anything until you play other cards for removal, and if you can already kill all of your opponent's creatures, you would be ahead anyway. If they were 1/1s with deathtouch, it might be less win-more.

I like this card, but it might be totally busted in eternal formats and Modern, which have access to fast graveyard-dumping and fast mana, and where "playing creatures" is less common. Not sure this is really a "haunting" flavor, it seems like something someone would cast on themselves before dying to continue their rule over a death-cult. If it had changed the creature type to Spirit or something, then it would feel more like haunting.

Decreasing maximum hand size is tricky to make work, since the design space quickly goes from totally useless (like Gnat Miser) to deliberately oppressive (like Jin-Gitaxias). As it is, it seems like a sideboard card for a slow control mirror, but it would be so stupid in multiples in a way that would be very un-fun.

The idea of this card is cool, and looks like something that could be used in eternal and Modern combo and/or storm decks. I'm honestly not sure whether it's too good to print in that context, since they already have the tools to go off consistently. Regardless, this thing needs to be rare. Sure, more complexity is allowed at uncommon than common, but like... there are limits.

Strictly speaking, this card doesn't meet the parameters of the contest ("haunting" is distinct from "attaching"). Aside from that, this is a very unique effect, but one that might be frustrating in execution even when played fairly, causing opponents to ask "so, like... I can't kill it... ever?" I also have concerns with infinite combos involving zero mana creatures and sacrifice outlets.

I forgot to close this loophole, so strictly speaking, this is allowed. There are minor wording issues ("two copies" is not enough for creature tokens, you need to spell out "two tokens which are copies of enchanted token"). Your claim that this doesn't trigger itself is dubious. When the token is gone, the game looks for triggers, puts the "make two copies" one on the stack, then sees that an Aura not enchanting anything is on the battlefield and puts it in the graveyard. Then, the copying trigger resolves, and this thing, in the graveyard, sees tokens entering the battlefield. I'm not sure why you don't think this is true, and it would be very frustrating to play against since it's so cheap and repeatable. There are also questions about whether this effect is blue, given that populate was a green and white thing.

That's... interesting. Certainly fits the name, and it's not super-powerful. Not sure what's so white about rummaging through bodies, it seems like this could be mono-black with both abilities using black mana.

This is another case where "enchant library" adds no functionality an "enchant player" curse could already get ("Enchanted player can't search his or her library" would do the same thing). I do like tutor-hosing and mill cards, so this is cool, but might be a little weak; these effects tend to come on small creatures for less mana. As it is, it's a four mana investment for something that doesn't affect the board at all.

Why does this have enchant player? It never references enchanted player. At all. The -1/-1 counter ability also needs to be reworked to be functional; if it says "target" and there's nothing to target, it will never make it to the stack so you won't lose any life.

"Enchant command zone" is cool, but I don't think this is the kind of thing the game currently wants. Emblems are so special and dramatic to get that having the ability to "turn them off" would make planeswalkers' ultimates seem less worthwhile. It has functionality in Commander, and without the emblem text it would make sense in a supplemental product, possibly at a lower cost.

The name is taken. (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=83319) There are some wording issues with "copies;" you need to specify that they are tokens which are copies of the enchanted card. As it is, I'm not sure this card needed to be a mythic rather than a regular rare; there's nothing particularly mind-blowing or legendary about what it does. For the cost of Rise from the Grave and 3 turns, you get 3 copies of the creature, and your choice is locked in when you cast it so it's functionally different from a sorcery with suspend or a regular enchantment. Aside from the "copies" stuff and missing "enchant creature _card_," I like this.

This card is intriguing, it's difficult to gauge its power level, but the X cost prevents getting multiple planeswalker ultimates from being too easy, meaning the epic super-plays would actually cost an appropriate amount. I think the sacrifice ability should have had a sorcery-speed restriction to keep the potential uses limited to replicating the actual planeswalker. I'm not sure whether this allows you to use + abilities, since those would require you to have negative charge counters, I guess? Since this is a new area of design, it's hard to say what wording you would have to use to make this clear.
Regarding the flavor text, the planeswalkers aren't flavored as "dying" when their loyalty reaches zero, it's supposed to be them just saying "screw this, deal's off."

I don't understand why this has "enchant battlefield," and it would currently function exactly the same way as a non-aura enchantment. Technically, if there were multiple battlefields and you used "enchanted battlefield" in the text of the abilities, it would be different, but possibly not even then if the battlefields couldn't interact with each other through enchantments anyway. That gripe aside, it's a Night of Soul's Betrayal with another ability that makes Ghouls (I'm guessing your intention was for them to be Zombies, given the "no self-triggering" text). That's an interesting potential build-around card, but Night of Souls' Betrayal and Curse of Death's Hold already accomplish its more constructed-worthy goals. Still seems fun, though.

I really don't like coin-flip cards, especially ones that are costed as though they could be used in serious-time games. To add to that, this is randomness on top of randomness, giving a polymorph into something small as the replacement for losing a coin flip. This is also a combo card for decks that only run a few utility creatures that cost 2 or less (I'm imagining Faerie decks running a lot of flash Faeries and wanting to lose the flip to get Snapcaster Mage). Honestly, I would like this card more if it cost more (like, 6 to 8 mana) and auto-polymorphed every creature spell into any other creature card. That might be "worse," but it would definitively identify itself as a commander or casual constructed card rather than one that could be good enough to add (more) RNG to Magic tournaments.

You forgot some text (the Aura subtype and the word "card" in "converted mana cost of enchanted creature card" and "enchant exiled creature card").
I have mixed feelings about returning stuff from exile. This is limited and slow enough that it probably wouldn't be broken, so I think I'm fine with it, but with a critical mass of cards like this the exile zone would start to feel like a second graveyard, which is exactly what it shouldn't be. I'm not sure what color/s this should be, blue makes some sense and has the precedent of Misthollow Griffin.

I don't like this as a hybrid card. If you put it on a creature, it makes me ask "how is this blue?" If you put it on an instant, it makes me ask "how is this black?" The text of the "copying" ability doesn't work on permanents, since the game doesn't parse that word unless you mention tokens. I guess I also just don't understand why this shifts control when you cast the card (well, the copy). Honestly, this should probably be more expensive given how dangerous repeatable recycling can be. Yes, you give it to your opponent, but you can also repeatedly cast an instant or creature with flash before the control shift resolves.

Winner:

There are a lot of good contenders. The win goes to The_Tentacle. This seemed like the best combination of cool effect with the most fair, interesting, scalable cost.
If a runner-up is needed, I would choose AgentPaper.

... What is "proc?"

Saposhiente
2014-07-07, 09:49 PM
... What is "proc?"

To proc is to activate a trigger that responds to events. From WoW: Programmed Random OCcurrance, though it doesn't have to be random.

Fable Wright
2014-07-07, 10:33 PM
I don't like this as a hybrid card. If you put it on a creature, it makes me ask "how is this blue?" If you put it on an instant, it makes me ask "how is this black?" The text of the "copying" ability doesn't work on permanents, since the game doesn't parse that word unless you mention tokens. I guess I also just don't understand why this shifts control when you cast the card (well, the copy). Honestly, this should probably be more expensive given how dangerous repeatable recycling can be. Yes, you give it to your opponent, but you can also repeatedly cast an instant or creature with flash before the control shift resolves.

This card is blue when animating a creature mostly because of Innistrad-block graveyard manipulations and Body Double. Blue is good at copying creatures from any zone of the game. This card is black because there are ways that Black offers powerful graveyard recursion for Instants and Sorceries, but always at a cost. Look at Ill-Gotten Gains, Shrouded Lore, Xiao-Dun, Yawgmoth's Will, and Forgotten Crypts.

Also, I'm not sure if the game rules allow it, but it's possible that they could. I was under an impression that a card was able to allow you to clone Planeswalkers before, but I may be misremembering, or conflating it with taking control of a non-creature spell. Finally, the reason for the control shift at the time the card is in place to prevent that behavior of chaining Instants that you mentioned; the intervening if-clause at the beginning of the card means that when control is passed over, the copies of the spell all just fizzle as you no longer control Obsession. Granted, the card could definitely have been templated better due to the fact that it's doing bizarre things with the game rules, but the card isn't as bad as you seem to make it out to be.

Blue Ghost
2014-07-08, 12:11 AM
I like this card, but it might be totally busted in eternal formats and Modern, which have access to fast graveyard-dumping and fast mana, and where "playing creatures" is less common. Not sure this is really a "haunting" flavor, it seems like something someone would cast on themselves before dying to continue their rule over a death-cult. If it had changed the creature type to Spirit or something, then it would feel more like haunting.

Eternal formats have Reanimate and Animate Dead, which are both cheaper and faster, since they don't have the one-turn delay. Though it does seem that neither of those are Modern legal... Huh. I could have sworn Modern had something like them. I think your flavor interpretation would work as well.
That was fun. Looking forward to the next contest. :smallsmile:

Beacon of Chaos
2014-07-08, 05:23 PM
This is another case where "enchant library" adds no functionality an "enchant player" curse could already get ("Enchanted player can't search his or her library" would do the same thing). I do like tutor-hosing and mill cards, so this is cool, but might be a little weak; these effects tend to come on small creatures for less mana. As it is, it's a four mana investment for something that doesn't affect the board at all.
Fair point. I just thought Enchant Library had a certain elegance to it.

Congrats to The Tentacle!

Androgeus
2014-07-08, 06:14 PM
Note that if the library can't be searched, then Extract (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=29849) like effects can't be used on that library.
But yhea, the only real reason to use library instead of player is if you run of out text space like on Circu (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=89111)

Misothene
2014-07-08, 06:20 PM
Note that if the library can't be searched, then Extract (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=29849) like effects can't be used on that library.
But yhea, the only real reason to use library instead of player is if you run of out text space like on Circu (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=89111)

I guess I hadn't thought about turning off Extraction and so forth, but I would think a blue or blue/black card would want to keep that option available to themselves. Another reason "enchant library" would be necessary would be if somehow a mechanic were introduced causing someone to have multiple libraries, similar to the discussion with "enchant battlefield."

The_Tentacle
2014-07-10, 10:32 AM
Well that was one contest I didn't expect to win, but I'm glad you liked my card!

Anyways, I remember having a one-cost-card challenge a while back, so this week's challenge will be to make a card with a converted mana cost greater than (or equal to) 10. Good luck, have fun, do well!

LaZodiac
2014-07-10, 11:01 AM
Ilveshkani, The Living Brood10
Legendary Creature - Eldrazi (R)
Annihilator 1
When an opponent sacrifices a permanent, put a 1/1 colorless Eldrazi Spawn creature token on the field.
Eldrazi Spawn creatures have "When a player is damaged by ~, that player sacrifices a permanent."
5/9

Mystic Muse
2014-07-10, 11:09 AM
Sliver Hive-Mind Queen WWUUBBRRGG
Legendary Creature-Sliver (MR)

If another player would control Sliver Hive-Mind Queen, return control of Sliver Hive-Mind Queen to its owner's control.

You control all slivers.

Slivers cannot lose abilities except by other slivers leaving play.

7/7

It's my dream card. Granted I'd want it to be WUBRG instead, but it'll never see print regardless. It was the only idea I had. :smalltongue:

Jormengand
2014-07-10, 11:24 AM
Glorious Assault WWUUBBRRGG
Instant MR
Put 2 1/1 spirit creature tokens with flying onto the battlefield. You may tap target permanent. Creatures you control get +3/+3, haste and intimidate until end of turn.

It becomes your declare attackers step. At the end of your battle phase, untap all creatures you control, and resume play from the phase it was when you played Glorious Assault.

Binks
2014-07-10, 11:41 AM
Catacylsmus - {13}
Legendary Artifact Creature - Hydra Avatar (MR)
Infect, Trample
~ has protection from everything except the creature each opponent controls which has the highest mana cost among creatures that opponent controls.
If ~ would move from the graveyard to any other zone instead reveal it and shuffle it into its owner's library.
"Once the Soul of a World. Now it's Destruction."
10/10

Oh yes...I went there. Phyrexian Progenitus. First ability is designed to reflect a kind of 'choose your champion' mechanic so that 1 swing isn't instant death, if you can build something that can withstand a 10/10 infect trampler on its own then you can hold off Phyrexia...for now. Trample means you can't just keep chump blocking forever though. Graveyard ability is a bit slower version of what Progenitus has.

mystic1110
2014-07-10, 12:26 PM
Platinum Monarch 10
Artifact Creature - Construct M
If you would lose the game, instead each opponent loses the game. If an opponent would win the game, instead you win the game.
Fate doesn't pass you by, it flattens you.
10/10

Edit 2 - there. . . the next evolution of Platinum.

Misothene
2014-07-10, 01:27 PM
Platinum Monarch 10
Creature - Construct M
If you would lose the game or an opponent would win the game, instead have target opponent shuffle their hand, their graveyard, and all permanents they own into their library, and then have them draw seven cards and have their life total become 1.
You can't fight fate, you may only humble yourself before it and wait for it to step on you.
10/10

Any reason this isn't an artifact?

Also, bigger concern, as currently written, if you would go to zero life with this out, the game would end in a draw: the game would check state-based effects, see that you should lose, and replace that with its effect. It would continue to do this forever, seeing as your life total would remain zero, and the only possible action in the game is for your opponent to continuously shuffle. There is no way to stop this loop- whenever a player would get priority to do anything, the game would check state-based effects again. This would also be the case for having ten poison counters, but not for milling (since the game only checks when a card is drawn from an empty library).

mystic1110
2014-07-10, 01:42 PM
It was supposed to be an artifact - totally forgot about it - and . . . this is becoming a common thread - but Ill fix the card asap. (I mostly just throw out the first idea that comes to mind :smalltongue:)

Lord Ruby34
2014-07-10, 03:02 PM
Sorin, the Sangromancer 6BBBBBB
Planeswalker- Sorin MR
{+4} Gain control of up to one target creature. That creature is a black vampire with lifelink in addition to it's other types and colors.
{-X} Draw X cards and lose X life.
{-16} Each opponent's life total becomes one. You gain life equal to the life lost this way.
{7}

This is meant to represent him when he was one of the three oldwalkers that sealed away the Eldrazi. He's enormously powerful, and I'm honestly afraid that I've undercosted him at 12 mana.

TiaC
2014-07-10, 03:58 PM
Intellect drain 7BBB
Sorcery R
Affinity for cards in your hand
All players discard their hands. Gain life equal to the number of cards discarded this way. Each other player loses life equal to the number of cards they discarded this way.

AgentPaper
2014-07-10, 04:14 PM
Ultimate End 6RRRR
Sorcery M
Ultimate End deals 20 damage to target creature or player.

onasuma
2014-07-10, 05:40 PM
War Recruitment 10WW
Sorcery - MR
Convoke (Your creatures can help cast this spell. Each creature you tap while casting this spell pays for 1 or one mana of that creature's color.)
If you control less than 20 creatures, put a 2/2 white soldier token with vigilance into play. Repeat this process until you do not put a token into play.
Whether you fight because we pay you or you fight because you fear our army, you will fight for our cause.

Tom the Mime
2014-07-11, 02:07 AM
Altar of the Faithful - WWWGGGUUURRRBBB
Enchantment - R
Enchantment creatures you control have hexproof
Morph {1}

somethingrandom
2014-07-11, 03:45 AM
Devouring Ooze 8GGG
Creature Ooze R
When a creature dealt damage by ~ dies put X +1/+1 counters on ~ where X
is that creatures toughness

When ~ dies if it's toughness was 2 or greater put two tokens tokens into play which are copies of ~ but have power and toughness equal half of this creatures toughness rounding down when it died.

10/10

Eternis
2014-07-11, 06:25 AM
Gl'bgolyb, Emmisary 13BBB
Legendary Creature - Leviathan Horror MR
Fear, Trample, Islandwalk
BBBBB, T: Destroy all creatures with converted mana cost 7 or less.
13/13

Ionbound
2014-07-11, 10:36 AM
Chandra Ascendant-5RRRRR

Plansewalker-Chandra MR

{+2} Deal 2 Damage to target opponent and up to one creature, then tap that creature.
{-X} Exile X cards from the top of your library. You can play them this turn, and may pay for them using Red Mana
{-16} Deal 20 Damage to all opponents and creatures they control
{6}

She's transcended her body...Gods know what she is now.

Androgeus
2014-07-11, 03:27 PM
Vorpality {5}{R}{R}{W}{W}
Enchantment MR
Bestow {4}{R}{W}
Enchanted creature gains double strike, trample and "Whenever this creature deals damage to a creature, exile that creature."
If Vorpality is not an aura, creatures you control gain double strike, trample and "Whenever this creature deals damage to a creature, exile that creature."
Your blades will now go snicker-snack

May be too much text, I'll have to check it later

May be too much text, I'll have to check it later

Beacon of Chaos
2014-07-11, 03:49 PM
Voice of the Lost 7WWW

Creature — Avatar - MR

Lifelink, indestructable, vigilance

When ~ enters the battlefield, if you cast it from your hand, exile all cards in all graveyards and up to three target non-land permanents.

~'s power and toughness are each equal to the number of cards in the exile zone.

*/*

Is it clear that the P/T are equal to all exiled cards, not just the ones exiled with its ability?

TiaC
2014-07-11, 04:59 PM
Perhaps "Cards in the exile zone" instead?

Beacon of Chaos
2014-07-11, 05:47 PM
Perhaps "Cards in the exile zone" instead?
Yeah, that's less ambigous, isn't it? Thanks.

Eternis
2014-07-11, 11:56 PM
Eeeeeeeeehhhhhhh.....
There.... ISN'T an exile zone.
It only works if it's "number of cards that are removed from the game"

Saposhiente
2014-07-12, 12:22 AM
Yes there is http://mtgsalvation.gamepedia.com/Exile

Dr.Gunsforhands
2014-07-12, 02:26 AM
Niv-Mizzet, the Yolomaster 6UURR
Legendary Creature - Dragon Wizard MR
Flying, Haste
Niv-Mizzet, the Yolomaster costs 1 less to cast for each card in your hand. (This includes itself if you cast it from your hand.)
"In the first centuries of his life, The Firemind was less prolific in matters of academics, but was no less brilliant in his own way."
- The Unofficial Biography of Niv-Mizzet, Revised Edition
7/4

Androgeus
2014-07-12, 09:34 AM
Altered my card, changed it to have Sword of Kaldra's exile ablity and trample instead of halving life totals. Thinking I should drop trample as it may be confusing how it interacts with the "exile touch"

Blue Ghost
2014-07-12, 12:48 PM
Omnipotence - 7BBB
Enchantment (M)
You may cast nonland cards from graveyards.
You may spend mana as if it were mana of any color.
"All the power this world has to offer is a mere shadow of the infinite expanse that lies in the past, waiting to be harvested." --Sorin Markov

(Would be nice if this could combo with Omniscience, but I don't see how to do that with sane templating.)

Eternis
2014-07-12, 11:36 PM
Yes there is http://mtgsalvation.gamepedia.com/Exile
Holy BALLS it's been a while since I actually read the rules....
That's what I get for playing since 2003, I guess XD

Misothene
2014-07-13, 08:33 AM
Planar Warping 7RRR
Enchantment- R
Whenever a permanent becomes tapped, its owner puts it onto the bottom of his or her library. If he or she does, that player reveals cards from the top of his or her library until he or she reveals a permanent card and puts that card onto the battlefield. If it's a creature card and it is that player's declare attackers step, that player may have it enter the battlefield tapped and attacking. That player puts all other cards revealed this way on the bottom of his or her library in a random order.

The_Tentacle
2014-07-18, 02:57 PM
Ilveshkani, The Living Brood10
Legendary Creature - Eldrazi (R)
Annihilator 1
When an opponent sacrifices a permanent, put a 1/1 colorless Eldrazi Spawn creature token on the field.
Eldrazi Spawn creatures have "When a player is damaged by ~, that player sacrifices a permanent."
5/9

Well these are some tokens that go against tradition. I think it would be fine to make the Eldrazi Spawn normal and require you to combo with other buffs to force sack. Is it intentional that the spawn can’t be sacked for mana? I think that having these two different types of tokens with the same name out would be a little confusing. It’s still an interesting card, though, I’d run it if I had an Eldrazi deck.

Sliver Hive-Mind Queen WWUUBBRRGG
Legendary Creature-Sliver (MR)
If another player would control Sliver Hive-Mind Queen, return control of Sliver Hive-Mind Queen to its owner's control.
You control all slivers.
Slivers cannot lose abilities except by other slivers leaving play.
7/7

An interesting card, however some of its interactions are a little confusing. I’m not sure what happens if something becomes a sliver, you gain control of it, and then it stops being a sliver. Do you retain control or do you lose it? Similar problem with the first ability. If you use Mind Control on this, you get it, the owner gets it back, but Mind Control is still there and it just becomes an infinite cycle that I have no idea how to resolve.

Glorious Assault WWUUBBRRGG
Instant MR
Put 2 1/1 spirit creature tokens with flying onto the battlefield. You may tap target permanent. Creatures you control get +3/+3, haste and intimidate until end of turn.

It becomes your declare attackers step. At the end of your battle phase, untap all creatures you control, and resume play from the phase it was when you played Glorious Assault.

This looks like fun. I like how you can have an entire combat step in response to something your opponent does, or use this to take to combat steps during your turn. One thing is, it seems too much like a raw amalgamation of effects of each color, which may be what is intended, but I think it could be more interrelated there.

Catacylsmus - {13}
Legendary Artifact Creature - Hydra Avatar (MR)
Infect, Trample
~ has protection from everything except the creature each opponent controls which has the highest mana cost among creatures that opponent controls.
If ~ would move from the graveyard to any other zone instead reveal it and shuffle it into its owner's library.
"Once the Soul of a World. Now it's Destruction."
10/10

Pretty sure that type-line wouldn’t fit on a card.

But on the card itself, you might want to make perfectly clear what happens if two creatures are tied for highest cost, as on Favor of the Mighty. Otherwise, cool card, well done.

Platinum Monarch 10
Artifact Creature - Construct M
If you would lose the game, instead each opponent loses the game. If an opponent would win the game, instead you win the game.
Fate doesn't pass you by, it flattens you.
10/10

A lot of ways to abuse this, as there are many easy to achieve lose conditions such as Pact of Negation or anything with Echo. Still, a good build on top of the other Platinums.

Sorin, the Sangromancer 6BBBBBB
Planeswalker- Sorin MR
{+4} Gain control of up to one target creature. That creature is a black vampire with lifelink in addition to its other types and colors.
{-X} Draw X cards and lose X life.
{-16} Each opponent's life total becomes one. You gain life equal to the life lost this way.
{7}

Cool card, with what is essentially a win condition (though something like that is expected on a twelve cost). I think the cost is fine, and I definitely see this as a big-time EDH card.

Intellect drain 7BBB
Sorcery R
Affinity for cards in your hand
All players discard their hands. Gain life equal to the number of cards discarded this way. Each other player loses life equal to the number of cards they discarded this way.

I like this card, as it has a strong effect that isn’t too broken or a win condition in and of itself. It also punishes control decks (which I hate) so bonus points! The Affinity I think is very cool with the interaction and making it easier for you to cast the more it hurts you. Well done!

Ultimate End 6RRRR
Sorcery M
Ultimate End deals 20 damage to target creature or player.

A simple, to the point, and very strong card. Good job.

War Recruitment 10WW
Sorcery - MR
Convoke (Your creatures can help cast this spell. Each creature you tap while casting this spell pays for 1 or one mana of that creature's color.)
If you control less than 20 creatures, put a 2/2 white soldier token with vigilance into play. Repeat this process until you do not put a token into play.
Whether you fight because we pay you or you fight because you fear our army, you will fight for our cause.

Another one that has a variable effect and is easier to use the less powerful it gets. Nice card!

Altar of the Faithful - WWWGGGUUURRRBBB
Enchantment - R
Enchantment creatures you control have hexproof
Morph {1}

Not really sure what you’re going for here. Very restricted use, and I’m not really sure about the morph cost. In any case, it’s not really in the spirit of the contest, even if it is an interesting card.

Devouring Ooze 8GGG
Creature Ooze R
When a creature dealt damage by ~ dies put X +1/+1 counters on ~ where X
is that creatures toughness.

When ~ dies if it's toughness was 2 or greater put two tokens tokens into play which are copies of ~ but have power and toughness equal half of this creatures toughness rounding down when it died.

10/10

Wording is a little confusing, and you need to make sure that it only receives the counters when a creature dealt damage by it this turn dies. But definitely an interesting and powerful card.

Gl'bgolyb, Emmisary 13BBB
Legendary Creature - Leviathan Horror MR
Fear, Trample, Islandwalk
BBBBB, T: Destroy all creatures with converted mana cost 7 or less.
13/13

I feel like this should be at least partly blue, just because it’s a leviathan. Otherwise, very fun card, with a lot of synergy with certain decks. It’s nice how the things that can handle it are the ones that it can’t take out remotely.

Chandra Ascendant-5RRRRR

Plansewalker-Chandra MR

{+2} Deal 2 Damage to target opponent and up to one creature, then tap that creature.
{-X} Exile X cards from the top of your library. You can play them this turn, and may pay for them using Red Mana
{-16} Deal 20 Damage to all opponents and creatures they control
{6}

She's transcended her body...Gods know what she is now.

Another really strong planeswalker with a win condition ultimate. The –X ability should probably be rephrased to “…may spend Red Mana as if it were any color to play them.”

Vorpality {5}{R}{R}{W}{W}
Enchantment MR
Bestow {4}{R}{W}
Enchanted creature gains double strike, trample and "Whenever this creature deals damage to a creature, exile that creature."
If Vorpality is not an aura, creatures you control gain double strike, trample and "Whenever this creature deals damage to a creature, exile that creature."
Your blades will now go snicker-snack

A very cool card, too bad it doesn’t actually have a mana cost of 10 or greater! I would have pointed this out earlier, but I usually try to avoid reading entries before I judge. Still, well done, except for that one oversight!

Voice of the Lost 7WWW

Creature — Avatar - MR

Lifelink, indestructable, vigilance

When ~ enters the battlefield, if you cast it from your hand, exile all cards in all graveyards and up to three target non-land permanents.

~'s power and toughness are each equal to the number of cards in the exile zone.

*/*

A very cool card, and very strong against a lot of black decks, which can quickly spiral out of control. I really like the coloring, as it synergizes well with white and doesn’t give an immediate path to comboing with mill decks. One thing is I could see is this being legendary.

Niv-Mizzet, the Yolomaster 6UURR
Legendary Creature - Dragon Wizard MR
Flying, Haste
Niv-Mizzet, the Yolomaster costs 1 less to cast for each card in your hand. (This includes itself if you cast it from your hand.)
"In the first centuries of his life, The Firemind was less prolific in matters of academics, but was no less brilliant in his own way."
- The Unofficial Biography of Niv-Mizzet, Revised Edition
7/4

A strong card that can be played earlier in the game if you have a large hand. The flavor is interesting, with the mixture of adolescent hot-headedness and the connection with cards in your hand.

Omnipotence - 7BBB
Enchantment (M)
You may cast nonland cards from graveyards.
You may spend mana as if it were mana of any color.
"All the power this world has to offer is a mere shadow of the infinite expanse that lies in the past, waiting to be harvested." --Sorin Markov

Excellent flavor, though I think you could have found a better name to reflect it. Very cool.

Planar Warping 7RRR
Enchantment- R
Whenever a permanent becomes tapped, its owner puts it onto the bottom of his or her library. If he or she does, that player reveals cards from the top of his or her library until he or she reveals a permanent card and puts that card onto the battlefield. If it's a creature card and it is that player's declare attackers step, that player may have it enter the battlefield tapped and attacking. That player puts all other cards revealed this way on the bottom of his or her library in a random order.

Absolute chaos! Nice card, it makes everything really weird and can really screw people over if they get unlucky. A very red kind of card.

Congratulations to Diego Havoc, with Voice of the Lost! There were a lot of good cards, but this one stood out to me along with a few others, and after much deliberation I decided that this card stood out even among those.

LaZodiac
2014-07-18, 03:01 PM
Concerning my card, yes it was intentional. I was tempted to make a specific new TYPE of Eldrazi token, but then it wouldn't work with any other stuff and blargh, so many ways to work it.

Congrats to the winner!

Beacon of Chaos
2014-07-18, 06:21 PM
Me? Oh, thank you very much!

Hmm, how about...

Design an equipment card that cares about what it is equipped to.

Good examples would be Konda's Banner (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=76637), Tenza, Godo's Maul (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=79231), or Blade of the Bloodchief (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=193397).

LaZodiac
2014-07-18, 06:32 PM
Commoner's Crossbow 3
Artifact - Equipment (R)
Equipped creature gains +3/+0 and first strike.
When ~ becomes equipped to a legendary creature, transform ~
Equip 2
"The crossbow is the great equalizer. Heroes will be felled by simple men." - The Nameless Ones

======================

Champion's Arcthrower
Legendary Artifact - Equipment
Equipped creature gains +3/+3 and is unblockable.
When equipped creature attacks, target creature becomes tapped.
Equip 4
"I'll never understand this revolt. We're their betters!" - Archibald, Hero of Fletching

Oh man making cards based on theoretical sets~

Eternis
2014-07-18, 08:27 PM
EDITED QUAGGLEPLOOX
Quaggleploox 7
Legendary Artifact - Equipment MR
When equipped creature attacks, flip a coin for each creature that shares a colour with equipped creature. For each flip you win, that creature cannot block this turn, and equipped creature gets +1/+1 until end of turn.
When equipped creature is blocked, if equipped creature is colourless, flip a coin for each blocking creature. For each flip you win, put a +1/+1 counter on equipped creature.
Whenever you lose a coin flip, put a charge counter on Quaggleploox.
Remove a counter from Quaggleploox: The next time you would flip a coin, instead flip two coins and choose one.
Equipped creature gets +0/+1 for each charge counter on Quaggleploox.
Equip 3

Note: "charge counter" is not specified. If Quaggleploox becomes a creature or otherwise gains counters other than charge counters, Quaggleploox can remove those counters instead.

AgentPaper
2014-07-18, 09:01 PM
Me? Oh, thank you very much!

Hmm, how about...

Design an equipment card that changes how it works depending on what it's equipped to.

Good examples would be Konda's Banner (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=76637), Tenza, Godo's Maul (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=79231), or Blade of the Bloodchief (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=193397).

Would it be accurate to re-word this as, "Design an equipment card that cares about what it is equipped to."

Misothene
2014-07-18, 09:46 PM
Quaggleploox 7
Insane amount of stuff
Equip 3

I think your card would rather obviously not fit in a standard text box...

Ionbound
2014-07-18, 10:34 PM
Rainbow Blade-5

Artifact-Equipment (U)

Equip 2

When ~ is equipped to a white creature, the equipped creature gains lifelink
When ~ is equipped to a Red creature, the equipped creature gains doublestrike
When ~ is equipped to a Green creature, the equipped creature gains trample
When ~ is equipped to a Black creature, the equipped creature gains deathtouch
When ~ is equipped to a Blue creature, the equipped creature gains shroud

Many saw that the colors reflect what lies in the wielder's soul.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2014-07-18, 10:44 PM
Paradise Staff 0
Artifact - Equipment C
Equip G
Equipped creature has, "T: add G to your mana pool."
Whenever equipped creature becomes tapped for mana, if it is a shaman, its controller adds one mana of any color to his or her mana pool.

AgentPaper
2014-07-19, 12:00 AM
EDITED QUAGGLEPLOOX

http://i.imgur.com/aU555fu.jpg

Eternis
2014-07-19, 03:54 AM
Agent that is PERFECT.
I look at the image, and I'm like "What the hell is that?"
And then I'm like "Wait that's exactly what I wanted for the Quaggleploox."
YES!
WHOO
AND WHATNOT

TiaC
2014-07-19, 05:27 AM
Does this count?

Mirrorblade 4
Artifact - Equipment R
Whenever Equipped Creature attacks, put a token that is a copy of it into play tapped and attacking. Exile this token at the end of combat.
Equip 3

Jormengand
2014-07-19, 07:25 AM
Sword of Destinies 1
Artifact - Equipment C
When you cast a creature spell with the same type as equipped creature, put a +1/+1 counter on equipped creature.
Equip 1

Beacon of Chaos
2014-07-19, 08:20 AM
Would it be accurate to re-word this as, "Design an equipment card that cares about what it is equipped to."
Accurate? Yes. Necessary? I'm not sure. Did I word it badly, do you think?

Does this count?

Mirrorblade 4
Artifact - Equipment R
Whenever Equipped Creature attacks, put a token that is a copy of it into play tapped and attacking. Exile this token at the end of combat.
Equip 3
Yes, this counts.

somethingrandom
2014-07-19, 08:39 AM
Elven Longbow 1
Artifact - Equipment C
Equipped creature gains reach. If equiped creature is an elf it gets +1/+1
Equip 1

mystic1110
2014-07-19, 01:58 PM
Traitor's Whip 2
Artifact - Equipment M
Equiped Creature has "4, T; Gain control of target creature until end of turn. Untap that creature. It gains haste until end of turn."
If Traitor's Whip is equiped to an creature you don't own, equiped creature has "whenever equiped creature deals combat damage to a player gain control of all creatures that player owns (this effect does not end at end of turn). "
Equip 4

So to gain all the creatures an opponent controls you need to Pay 2, then 4, then 4 again, then 4 again again to attach to the creature you controlled and then deal damage. Much harder than you think - even though you can break up the costs. . .

Mystic Muse
2014-07-19, 02:49 PM
Programming Manual 2
Artifact - Equipment
Whenever equiped creature deals combat damage to an artifact, gain control of that artifact.
If Programming Manual is equiped to an artifact, equiped creature has "whenever equiped creature deals combat damage to a player gain control of all artifact that player controls."
Equip 3
Whatever you do, don't let them become self aware!

THis is probably a mythic rare.

AgentPaper
2014-07-19, 07:47 PM
Agent that is PERFECT.
I look at the image, and I'm like "What the hell is that?"
And then I'm like "Wait that's exactly what I wanted for the Quaggleploox."
YES!
WHOO
AND WHATNOT

Er, that's just the default background for artifacts in MSE2. I had posted that mockup mainly to show how small the text was.

Specifically, it has the same number of lines as Ice Cauldron (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=202494), which is basically the poster-child for cards with way absurdly small text.

Accurate? Yes. Necessary? I'm not sure. Did I word it badly, do you think?

Just seems like a slightly clearer way of saying it. "Changes how it works" could imply something more specific, so I was also just trying to make sure you didn't mean something else and I'd misunderstood.

Beacon of Chaos
2014-07-20, 06:48 AM
Just seems like a slightly clearer way of saying it. "Changes how it works" could imply something more specific, so I was also just trying to make sure you didn't mean something else and I'd misunderstood.
Fair enough. Changed.

Binks
2014-07-21, 10:25 AM
Adaptive Blade - {2}
Artifact - Equipment (R)
Equipped creature gets +1/+1
As long as Equipped creature's power is greater than it's toughness it has First Strike
As long as Equipped creature's toughness is greater than it's power it has Vigilance
As long as Equipped creature's power and toughness are equal it has Hexproof
Equip {2}

EDIT: Updated wordings per comments

Saposhiente
2014-07-21, 03:07 PM
I think that the word you want is "it *has* Hexproof/etc". Otherwise it sounds like a permanent effect that stays when the equipment is removed or when the creature's P/T changes.

Jormengand
2014-07-21, 05:38 PM
Also, shouldn't it be "As long as" instead of "If"?

Misothene
2014-07-26, 01:29 AM
Scimitar Tower 5
Artifact R
Creatures you control get +1/+0.
5: If you control a creature with power 8 or greater, you may have Scimitar Tower become an Equipment in addition to its other types and attach it to one of those creatures. If you do, Scimitar Tower gains "Equipped creature gets +8/+0," "Equip 5" and "Scimitar Tower can be attached only to a creature with power 8 or greater." Activate this ability only any time you could cast a sorcery.

Beacon of Chaos
2014-07-27, 07:38 AM
LaZodiac

Commoner's Crossbow 3
Artifact - Equipment (R)
Equipped creature gains +3/+0 and first strike.
When ~ becomes equipped to a legendary creature, transform ~
Equip 2
"The crossbow is the great equalizer. Heroes will be felled by simple men." - The Nameless Ones

======================

Champion's Arcthrower
Legendary Artifact - Equipment
Equipped creature gains +3/+3 and is unblockable.
When equipped creature attacks, target creature becomes tapped.
Equip 4
"I'll never understand this revolt. We're their betters!" - Archibald, Hero of Fletching

Oh man making cards based on theoretical sets~
I feel that this is probably very powerful. More expensive than no-dachi but with +1 power and a cheaper equip cost and also the ability to become even stronger when equipped to legendary. Would probably be better balanced if it unattached itself once transformed, forcing you to pay the 4 mana to re-equip, or something.

Eternis

EDITED QUAGGLEPLOOX
Quaggleploox 7
When equipped creature attacks, flip a coin for each creature that shares a colour with equipped creature. For each flip you win, that creature cannot block this turn, and equipped creature gets +1/+1 until end of turn.
When equipped creature is blocked, if equipped creature is colourless, flip a coin for each blocking creature. For each flip you win, put a +1/+1 counter on equipped creature.
Whenever you lose a coin flip, put a charge counter on Quaggleploox.
Remove a counter from Quaggleploox: The next time you would flip a coin, instead flip two coins and choose one.
Equipped creature gets +0/+1 for each charge counter on Quaggleploox.
Equip 3

Note: "charge counter" is not specified. If Quaggleploox becomes a creature or otherwise gains counters other than charge counters, Quaggleploox can remove those counters instead.
WAY too much going on here. You had an interesting idea going, getting a bonus if you win the flip and the charge counters for later if you don't, but it's kinda lost in the card. This could have been better by choosing between the first two abilities and ditching the +0/+1 effect.

firedaemon33

Rainbow Blade-5

Artifact-Equipment (U)

Equip 2

When ~ is equipped to a white creature, the equipped creature gains lifelink
When ~ is equipped to a Red creature, the equipped creature gains doublestrike
When ~ is equipped to a Green creature, the equipped creature gains trample
When ~ is equipped to a Black creature, the equipped creature gains deathtouch
When ~ is equipped to a Blue creature, the equipped creature gains shroud

Many saw that the colors reflect what lies in the wielder's soul.
Simple and effective. I'd hate to see this on a five colour creature! Definitely useful in two-three colour decks too.

Dr.Gunsforhands

Paradise Staff 0
Artifact - Equipment C
Equip G
Equipped creature has, "T: add G to your mana pool."
Whenever equipped creature becomes tapped for mana, if it is a shaman, its controller adds one mana of any color to his or her mana pool.
Interesting wording on the second ability, allowing a shaman to use other mana abilities and still get the bonus. Not bad.

thisisacat

Does this count?

Mirrorblade 4
Artifact - Equipment R
Equip 3
Ah, reminds me of Kiki-Jiki, one of my favourite monsters. Seems well costed, though I can't help feeling this should probably require some red or maybe blue mana. Seems like a fun card to play.

Jormengand

Sword of Destinies 1
Artifact - Equipment C
When you cast a creature spell with the same type as equipped creature, put a +1/+1 counter on equipped creature.
Equip 1
Simple but effective, I could see this working well in several tribal decks, especially any that work with +1/+1 counters. Like my golem deck. :smallbiggrin:

somethingrandom

Elven Longbow 1
Artifact - Equipment C
Equipped creature gains reach. If equiped creature is an elf it gets +1/+1
Equip 1
Yup, exactly how I'd expect an Elven bow to be made. Good, but not all that exciting, I'm afraid.

mystic1110

Traitor's Whip 2
Artifact - Equipment M
Equiped Creature has "4, T; Gain control of target creature until end of turn. Untap that creature. It gains haste until end of turn."
If Traitor's Whip is equiped to an creature you don't own, equiped creature has "whenever equiped creature deals combat damage to a player gain control of all creatures that player owns (this effect does not end at end of turn). "
Equip 4

So to gain all the creatures an opponent controls you need to Pay 2, then 4, then 4 again, then 4 again again to attach to the creature you controlled and then deal damage. Much harder than you think - even though you can break up the costs. . .
It's a cool theme, though I'm not sure why hitting the player causes all their monsters to defect. And I can see that it would be hard to activate, so much so that I'm not sure it would be worth it. Maybe if you just happened to steal an unblockable creature. A good gimmick card for a Johnny player.

Binks

Adaptive Blade - {2}
Artifact - Equipment (R)
Equipped creature gets +1/+1
As long as Equipped creature's power is greater than it's toughness it has First Strike
As long as Equipped creature's toughness is greater than it's power it has Vigilance
As long as Equipped creature's power and toughness are equal it has Hexproof
Equip {2}

EDIT: Updated wordings per comments
The first two abilities I get; the last I'm not sure about. Still, it's an effective and flavourful card.

Misothene

Scimitar Tower 5
Artifact R
Creatures you control get +1/+0.
5: If you control a creature with power 8 or greater, you may have Scimitar Tower become an Equipment in addition to its other types and attach it to one of those creatures. If you do, Scimitar Tower gains "Equipped creature gets +8/+0," "Equip 5" and "Scimitar Tower can be attached only to a creature with power 8 or greater." Activate this ability only any time you could cast a sorcery.
Ehhhh. I hate to disqualify someone, but this doesn't really fit the contest. This just has a restriction, rather than the equipped creature actually mattering. The ability is fine though, I suppose. More power is always nice.

Winner:
firedaemon33 with Rainbow Blade

LaZodiac
2014-07-27, 09:01 AM
Congrats to the winner! It was a good card. Wonder what the next contest will be :smalltongue:

Ionbound
2014-07-27, 09:03 AM
Wow. I didn't think that was such an impressive card. Anyways, new contest: Design a card that becomes more powerful the longer a game is played.

LaZodiac
2014-07-27, 09:20 AM
Jhoira's Ploy
Conspiracy (R)
(Start the game with this Conspiracy face up in the Command zone)
Whenever a creature enters the battlefield, if it was cast from exile, put a ploy counter on ~ and that creature.
Each creature you control with a ploy counter on it gets +1/+1 for each ploy counter on ~.

Edited a little thanks to some advice.

mystic1110
2014-07-27, 09:54 AM
This is a very broad contest. . .

Pent Up Frustration XR
Enchantment R
Pent Up Frustration enters the battlefield with X charge counters on it.
At the beginning of your upkeep remove a charge counter from X and place a Blast counter on Pent Up Frustration, if you can't instead, sacrifice Pent Up Frustration and have it deal 5 damage to each opponent for each blast counter on it.

----

2 mana and 3 turns for 5 damage (turn it comes into play, turn you remove counter, turn you sac)
3 mana and 4 turns for 10 damage
4 mana and 5 turns for 15 damage
5 mana and 6 turns for 20 damage

Probably the fasted "pay mana to win card" but still hella weak. . . .

Jormengand
2014-07-27, 09:59 AM
The Yarakeen (Black colour indicator)
Legendary Artifact creature - Construct MR
(Nonexistent mana costs can't be paid)
2BB: Suspend 1
The Yarakeen is indestructible.
When you would remove a time counter from The Yarakeen, you may pay B. If you do, put two power counters on it instead.
When The Yarakeen enters the battlefield, put a number of power counters on it equal to the number of power counters it had.
The Yarakeen gets +1/+0 for each power counter it has.
1/5

Obvious War of Omens reference, but Shh.

Ionbound
2014-07-27, 10:11 AM
Jhoira's Ploy
Conspiracy (R)
Whenever a creature is put onto the battlefield from exile, put a Ploy Counter on ~.
Creatures that are put onto the battlefield from exile gain +X/+X, where X is the number of Ploy Counters on ~.

Does this work for the theme?

Yup. That's excellent.

Tom the Mime
2014-07-27, 11:29 AM
Permafrost 3U
Enchantment - R
Cumulative upkeep {1}
Whenever ~'s cumulative upkeep is paid, for each U spent this way target permanent doesn't untap during their controllers next untap step.

Edit: Looking over it, tapping and preventing untapping seemed way too powerful in letting damage swing through. Not sure if it's still phrased okay though but phrasing it like before seemed very unwieldy.

Misothene
2014-07-27, 12:04 PM
Gilded Warrior
Artifact creature - Skeleton U
1B: Suspend 1
When you would remove a suspend counter from gilded warrior, if it has three or fewer +1/+1 counters on it, you may pay B. If you do, put a +1/+1 counter on it instead.
1/1

Obvious War of Omens reference, but Shh.

Counters don't travel from zone to zone, so this wouldn't work. Also, they're called "time counters," not suspend counters.

Beacon of Chaos
2014-07-27, 01:20 PM
Galrok, Blood Demon 4BBB

Legendary Creature - Demon R

Flying

At the beginning of your upkeep, put a +1/+1 counter on ~.

Remove a +1/+1 counter from ~: Target player loses 2 life.

Remove three +1/+1 counters from ~: Target player loses half his or her life, rounded up.

5/5

Jormengand
2014-07-27, 01:56 PM
Counters don't travel from zone to zone, so this wouldn't work. Also, they're called "time counters," not suspend counters.

Ah, that's a good point.

somethingrandom
2014-07-27, 02:15 PM
Building Inferno RR
Enchantment R
At the beginning of your upkeep put a blaze counter on ~

Sacrifice ~, Deal X damage to target player where X is the number of blaze counters on ~.Active this ability only as a sorcery.

Misothene
2014-07-27, 08:55 PM
Thoughtscourge Behemoth U
Creature- Beast R
If Thoughtscourge Behemoth would enter the battlefield, if you didn't cast it from your hand, shuffle it into its owner's library instead.
Flying, trample
Thoughtscourge Behemoth costs 1 more for each card in your library.
20/20

Saposhiente
2014-07-27, 09:07 PM
Creature- Beast R
Flying, trample
20/20

With real CMC 1 there are probably 12 ways to cheat this into play early
Eg Aether vial (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=370514) turn 1, get this for free turn 2. GG.

Mystic Muse
2014-07-27, 09:11 PM
Eg Aether vial (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=370514) turn 1, get this for free turn 2. GG.

http://magiccards.info/rav/en/156.html

Right off the top of my head.

Misothene
2014-07-27, 09:40 PM

Agreed, I couldn't think of what anti-BS text to put on it when I got the idea so I decided to edit it in later.

Fable Wright
2014-07-27, 11:35 PM
Agreed, I couldn't think of what anti-BS text to put on it when I got the idea so I decided to edit it in later.
How about this?
"If ~ would enter the battlefield, you may pay X, where X is the number of cards in your library. If you don't, instead exile ~."

Saposhiente
2014-07-28, 12:27 AM
Land Harvest 1B
Sorcery R
As an additional cost to cast ~, sacrifice X lands.
Gain X*2 life and draw X/2 cards, rounded up.

Gets progressively better in protracted lategames where you accumulate more and more useless lands, but terrible early.

Fable Wright
2014-07-28, 01:11 AM
Archaeological Find RUG
Sorcery - MR
Each player may search their library for up to X different permanent cards with converted mana cost X or less and reveals them, where X is the number of basic lands that player controls, then shuffles their library. Then, for each basic land a player controls, that player exiles a random card they own revealed this way facedown until that land leaves the battlefield. Permanents removed from exile this way enter the battlefield under their owners' control.
Players may not look at cards exiled by Archaeological Find.
The discovery of ancient and powerful magic lurking in the depths of unspoiled landscapes lead to a renewed interest in archaeology—and the deadliest arms race the world has ever seen.

Mystic Muse
2014-07-28, 01:28 AM
Archeological Find RUG
Sorcery - MR
Each player may search their library for up to different X permanent cards with converted mana cost X or less and reveals them, where X is the number of basic lands that player controls, then shuffles their library. Then, for each basic land a player controls, that player exiles a random card they own revealed this way facedown until that land leaves the battlefield. Players may not look at cards exiled this way.
The discovery of ancient and powerful magic lurking in the depths of unspoiled landscapes lead to a renewed interest in archaeology—and the deadliest arms race the world has ever seen.

What happens if the land leaves the battlefield? The card doesn't say.

Fable Wright
2014-07-28, 01:30 AM
What happens if the land leaves the battlefield? The card doesn't say.

The card is exiled until the land leaves the battlefield. Then, it enters the battlefield, following the precedent of Banisher Priest et al.

Tom the Mime
2014-07-28, 02:32 AM
The card is exiled until the land leaves the battlefield. Then, it enters the battlefield, following the precedent of Banisher Priest et al.

I think you need to be more specific with your card because with banisher priest, the card exiled was on the battlefield before the exile so it's implied the card returns there when exile ends. This isn't the case with your card so as it's phrased now, there's legitimate confusion as to where they go when exile ends as you don't know what zone they were in to return them to and wherever it was, it wasn't the battlefield. You can't put them on the battlefield then exile them because of entry effects but if you want them going to the battlefield when their land is destroyed, it should be stated explicitly.

Also, best combo piece with this would probably be Devastating Summons (http://gatherer.wizards.com/pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=194927).

Misothene
2014-07-28, 02:36 AM

The difference with Banisher Priest is that the creature was originally on the battlefield... in this case, the cards were never on the battlefield, they were in the library. Here's the text I think you would need:

"Each player may search his or her library for up to X permanent cards (with different names?) with converted mana cost X or less, where X is the number of basic lands that player controls, reveal them, then exile them face down. Players may not look at cards exiled this way. Each player who exiled at least one card this way may have a number of basic lands he or she controls equal to the number of cards he or she exiled this way gain 'When this leaves the battlefield, put a random face down card in exile that you own onto the battlefield.'"

As you can see, it becomes quite bulky and confusing.

Fable Wright
2014-07-28, 02:51 AM
As you can see, it becomes quite bulky and confusing.

So, why not just say that the card works on the assumption that, by default, permanents leaving exile enter the battlefield, rather than get wrapped up in even wordier text that obfuscates the flavor of the card?

Or better yet, reminder text. I'll just go with reminder text on this one.

Also, best combo piece with this would probably be Devastating Summons (http://gatherer.wizards.com/pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=194927).
I personally think Aggressive Mining (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=383179) is better, because the combo is less all-in, but I have no problems with helping Devastating Summons see play.

onasuma
2014-07-28, 04:03 AM
With Age Comes Wisdom 2B
Enchantment R
Cumulative upkeep: Lose 2 life, draw a card
4: Remove an age counter from ~
And with wisdom, we creep closer to death.

Misothene
2014-07-28, 12:42 PM
So, why not just say that the card works on the assumption that, by default, permanents leaving exile enter the battlefield, rather than get wrapped up in even wordier text that obfuscates the flavor of the card?

Well, for one, nobody would ever play Brain Maggot (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=380382).

Saposhiente
2014-07-28, 01:25 PM
With Age Comes Wisdom 2B
Enchantment R
Cumulative upkeep: Lose 1 life, draw a card

So it's Phyrexian Arena that accelerates, and more splashable. Surely with all of the cards you will be flooding yourself with you will be able to stomp your opponent before dying, or at the very least just heal yourself over and over while getting a huge advantage.

Fable Wright
2014-07-28, 02:29 PM
Well, for one, nobody would ever play Brain Maggot (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=380382).

This is a valid point. Fixing now.

TiaC
2014-07-29, 02:57 AM
Junktrawler UUU
Artifact - U
UU, Exile three cards from your graveyard: Draw a card.

What do you think of the costs?

Saposhiente
2014-07-29, 11:45 AM
What do you think of the costs?

Firstly, they're backwards; colorless goes before colored.
The standard price for one card is three mana; see Divination. (Remember that you spend a card to play it, so the net gain is one card.)
When you get to do the draw repeatedly, the cost is generally increased; see Azure Mage (1U 2/1 with 3U: Draw).
Your card is like Azure Mage that in exchange for costing 1 mana more and 1 card more, halves the cost of drawing. So it's better than that if you expect to draw 3 cards, which at 2 mana instant speed is likely, and if you can draw even more cards then it starts to get absurd.

TiaC
2014-07-30, 01:20 AM
You will run through your graveyard very fast, and once its empty, the card is useless.

Saposhiente
2014-07-30, 01:43 AM
You will run through your graveyard very fast, and once its empty, the card is useless.

Whoops, I misread. You will never run through your graveyard if you use Dredge, however. The only concern at that point would be milling yourself to death, but that's not likely short of 10+ activations and if you draw 10 cards and don't win the game then what are you even doing with your life.
Might still be okay at 4 mana just by being too slow for competitive constructed and unusable in Limited, but at uncommon this will be a nightmare in casual.

Mystic Muse
2014-07-30, 01:48 AM
Whoops, I misread. You will never run through your graveyard if you use Dredge, however.

Dredgevine rarely even plays Blue as far as I'm aware (Jundvine is more popular, IIRC), and it doesn't really contribute much to the BUGvine combo. As for Legacy dredge, they don't care.

So, maybe it's usable in a very wonky dredge deck that's willing to exile its graveyard, but for most dredge decks, they want their graveyard intact, and exiling 3 cards in exchange for a "Draw a card for 2 mana" enchantment isn't a trade most dredge decks want to make.

TiaC
2014-07-30, 02:21 AM
Dropped the cost back to 3, increased the color dependancy.

Eternis
2014-07-30, 07:53 AM
Elder Restoration 3GGG
Sorcery - R
Return all land cards from your graveyard to play tapped. If six or more forests entered the battlefield this way, put an X/X treefolk creature token into play under your control, where X is the number of forests that entered the battlefield this way.

I just saw all these land->graveyard based cards, and was like "These need a kick-A$$ combo piece."
So yeah.

Beacon of Chaos
2014-08-02, 03:12 PM
Jhoira's Ploy
Conspiracy (R)
Whenever a creature is put onto the battlefield from exile, put a Ploy Counter on ~.
Creatures that are put onto the battlefield from exile gain +X/+X, where X is the number of Ploy Counters on ~.

Does this work for the theme?
Just noticed something about this one: how does the card know if a creature was put onto the battlefield from exile? Unless the +X/+X is supposed to be until end of turn?

LaZodiac
2014-08-02, 03:14 PM
Just noticed something about this one: how does the card know if a creature was put onto the battlefield from exile? Unless the +X/+X is supposed to be until end of turn?

Because it came from the exile area into the battlefield. It's (quite obviously) meant to be combo'd with Suspend and the like. The bonus is supposed to be given ala the liege's and stuff, ie permanently given as long as the card is on the field. Is there something wrong about the writing on my card, because I can fix it if need be.

Misothene
2014-08-02, 03:30 PM
Because it came from the exile area into the battlefield. It's (quite obviously) meant to be combo'd with Suspend and the like. The bonus is supposed to be given ala the liege's and stuff, ie permanently given as long as the card is on the field. Is there something wrong about the writing on my card, because I can fix it if need be.

The problem is memory issues; the turn the creature enters the battlefield, it might be easy to remember from whence it came, but a turn or three forward, it wouldn't be. In a suspend-heavy deck, where some stuff might be hardcast and others not, it would be really confusing to figure out what gets the buff and what doesn't at any given time. Using +1/+1 counters would help alleviate this.

Beacon of Chaos
2014-08-02, 03:37 PM
What Misothene said; someway to distinguise between suspended and hard-casted creatures is necessary.

Also, it's page 49, so...

MtG - You Make the Card III: Mythic Thread
MtG - You Make the Card III: 3,T: Post target contest

LaZodiac
2014-08-02, 03:44 PM
The problem is memory issues; the turn the creature enters the battlefield, it might be easy to remember from whence it came, but a turn or three forward, it wouldn't be. In a suspend-heavy deck, where some stuff might be hardcast and others not, it would be really confusing to figure out what gets the buff and what doesn't at any given time. Using +1/+1 counters would help alleviate this.

Noted. Would "Whenever a creature is put onto the battlefield from exile, put a Ploy Counter on ~ and that card
Creatures with a Ploy Counter on them gain +X/+X, where X is the number of Ploy Counters on ~" work better?

Jormengand
2014-08-02, 05:00 PM
MtG - You make the card III: T: Put a Contest token into play under your control.
MtG - You make the card III: T: Gain control of target contest.
MtG - You make the card III: Threads you control have Epic.
MtG - You make the card III: Tap 50 pages you control: Lock target thread.

Not sure how many of those are within the limit, though.

Misothene
2014-08-02, 05:02 PM
Noted. Would "Whenever a creature is put onto the battlefield from exile, put a Ploy Counter on ~ and that card
Creatures with a Ploy Counter on them gain +X/+X, where X is the number of Ploy Counters on ~" work better?

Yes, but I think for simplicity you might want to use this:

"Whenever a creature is put onto the battlefield from exile, put a ploy counter on ~.
Whenever a creature enters the battlefield from exile, put X +1/+1 counters on it, where X is the number of ploy counters on ~."

That way, when people look at your board and try to figure out how big each individual creature is, they don't need to constantly check your conspiracy, they only need to look at the creatures and see how many counters they have. This is functionally different, now that I think about it, but I think would lead to better gameplay.

LaZodiac
2014-08-02, 05:04 PM
Yes, but I think for simplicity you might want to use this:

"Whenever a creature is put onto the battlefield from exile, put a ploy counter on ~.
Whenever a creature enters the battlefield from exile, put X +1/+1 counters on it, where X is the number of ploy counters on ~."

That way, when people look at your board and try to figure out how big each individual creature is, they don't need to constantly check your conspiracy, they only need to look at the creatures and see how many counters they have. This is functionally different, now that I think about it, but I think would lead to better gameplay.

Okay, thanks!

Eternis
2014-08-03, 03:01 AM
I agree with the above comments.
Also, MTG - You Make the Card III: GaMzEe ApPrOvEs

Androgeus
2014-08-03, 12:26 PM

It doesn't work with suspend as the creature enters from the stack and not exile, you'll want to look to Phage's text (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=382324) if you want it to work with suspend.

Also we should totally keep the star trek movie theme going and use "MTG - You Make the Card III: The Search For Cards"

Beacon of Chaos
2014-08-03, 12:27 PM
I agree with the above comments.
Also, MTG - You Make the Card III: GaMzEe ApPrOvEs
I don't understand that one. Is that a Homestuck reference?

LaZodiac
2014-08-03, 12:30 PM
It doesn't work with suspend as the creature enters from the stack and not exile, you'll want to look to Phage's text (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=382324) if you want it to work with suspend.

Also we should totally keep the star trek movie theme going and use "MTG - You Make the Card III: The Search For Cards"

Blargh, this is just going to make my card more wordy and complex. I don't think I'm going to win anymore :smallbiggrin:

Is there a specification notification that says that a card was cast from Suspend?

Androgeus
2014-08-03, 01:55 PM
Blargh, this is just going to make my card more wordy and complex. I don't think I'm going to win anymore :smallbiggrin:

Is there a specification notification that says that a card was cast from Suspend?

something like
"Whenever a creature enters the battlefield, if it was cast from exile, put a ploy counter on ~ and then put a number of +1/+1 counters equal to the number of ploy counters on ~ on that creature."

Actually looking back, if you want it to work more like an anthem something like the following should work:
"Whenever a creature enters the battlefield, if it was cast from exile, put a ploy counter on ~ and that creature.
Each creature you control with a ploy counter on it gets +1/+1 for each ploy counter on ~."

LaZodiac
2014-08-03, 01:59 PM
something like
"Whenever a creature enters the battlefield, if it was cast from exile, put a ploy counter on ~ and then put a number of +1/+1 counters equal to the number of ploy counters on ~ on that creature."

Actually looking back, if you want it to work more like an anthem something like the following should work:
"Whenever a creature enters the battlefield, if it was cast from exile, put a ploy counter on ~ and that creature.
Each creature you control with a ploy counter on it gets +1/+1 for each ploy counter on ~."

Ah, "if it was cast from exile", thanks man! I'm not good at magic notation, and forget all the various ways something can be said :smallbiggrin:

Mystic Muse
2014-08-03, 02:36 PM

Seconded. I like the Star Trek theme better than a Homestuck theme.

AgentPaper
2014-08-03, 02:38 PM
Personally, I'd be in favor of You Make the Card III: Wrath of Khans.

What with the upcoming set and all. :smalltongue:

Anyways, we should have until the end of this contest to choose, since I got approval to go over the 50 limit slightly for that last time, so we have until after judging is done and the winner picks the new contest to choose.

Jormengand
2014-08-03, 03:07 PM
Seconded. I like the Star Trek theme better than a Homestuck theme.

See, at least I actually got the Homestuck reference.

Or we could, you know, make one which is an MtG reference that everyone in the thread can understand.

Eternis
2014-08-03, 05:26 PM
Personally, I'd be in favor of You Make the Card III: Wrath of Khans.

What with the upcoming set and all. :smalltongue:
Seconded, and scratch my homestuck references.Wrath of Khan is something ALL internet dwellers should know by now... Although it is a little too clone-ey of the current title, and I would prefer leaving the Star Trek theme eventually.

Ionbound
2014-08-03, 05:34 PM
Judging will be up soon. Please wait warmly.

Ionbound
2014-08-03, 09:02 PM
With Age Comes Wisdom 2B
Enchantment R
Cumulative upkeep: Lose 2 life, draw a card

A very interesting card. No doubt this definitely has it's place in black decks. Well made.

Archaeological Find RUG
Sorcery - MR
Each player may search their library for up to X different permanent cards with converted mana cost X or less and reveals them, where X is the number of basic lands that player controls, then shuffles their library. Then, for each basic land a player controls, that player exiles a random card they own revealed this way facedown until that land leaves the battlefield. Permanents removed from exile this way enter the battlefield under their owners' control.
Players may not look at cards exiled by Archaeological Find.

A nice addition to the land burn decks that red has been playing. Quite complex and wordy, but otherwise good.

Land Harvest 1B
Sorcery R
As an additional cost to cast ~, sacrifice X lands.
Gain X*2 life and draw X/2 cards, rounded up.

Well, a very short and sweet card. I feel like it should cost slightly more, but otherwise well made.

Creature- Beast R
If Thoughtscourge Behemoth would enter the battlefield, if you didn't cast it from your hand, shuffle it into its owner's library instead.
Flying, trample
20/20

Now this card just made me grin. It definitely has it's place is blue mill decks, and it generally a very well thought out card in general. Finally, a massive fatty that blue can use.

Building Inferno RR
Enchantment R
At the beginning of your upkeep put a blaze counter on ~

Sacrifice ~, Deal X damage to target player where X is the number of blaze counters on ~.Active this ability only as a sorcery.

Well, an interesting card for sure. Not sure if I like it though. It certainly has it's place.

Galrok, Blood Demon 4BBB

Legendary Creature - Demon R

Flying

At the beginning of your upkeep, put a +1/+1 counter on ~.

Remove a +1/+1 counter from ~: Target player loses 2 life.

Remove three +1/+1 counters from ~: Target player loses half his or her life, rounded up.

5/5

Very nice. A good, elegant use of +1/+1 counters that really makes your opponent want to keep a very close eye on it, and you measure the tradeoff of using it's abilities.

Permafrost 3U
Enchantment - R
Cumulative upkeep {1}
Whenever ~'s cumulative upkeep is paid, for each U spent this way target permanent doesn't untap during their controllers next untap step.

Elegant, well constructed, and very nasty if you can support it. Well done.

The Yarakeen (Black colour indicator)
Legendary Artifact creature - Construct MR
2BB: Suspend 1
The Yarakeen is indestructible.
When you would remove a time counter from The Yarakeen, you may pay B. If you do, put two power counters on it instead.
When The Yarakeen enters the battlefield, put a number of power counters on it equal to the number of power counters it had.
The Yarakeen gets +1/+0 for each power counter it has.

Bit of a typo there with the power and time counters, but otherwise a card that works well with the theme. The only gripe I have with it is that's it's quite complicated and wordy, but otherwise very nice.

Jhoira's Ploy
Conspiracy (R)
Whenever a creature enters the battlefield, if it was cast from exile, put a ploy counter on ~ and that creature.
Each creature you control with a ploy counter on it gets +1/+1 for each ploy counter on ~.

Brilliant card. Fits the theme, well executed, generally a very nice but not overly powerful card. Well done.

Diego Havoc with Galrok, Blood Demon

TiaC
2014-08-03, 09:28 PM
You missed my card (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17846299&postcount=1439).

mystic1110
2014-08-03, 11:26 PM
and mine :smallfrown:

Eternis
2014-08-04, 03:02 AM
And mine, it appears.

Beacon of Chaos
2014-08-04, 07:56 AM
Me again? Well, I'll wait on posting a new contest just in case the missing cards change firedaemon33's mind.

Ionbound
2014-08-04, 08:19 AM
Blargh. Sorry about that. I was really busy yesterday so I ended writing it pretty late at night. Sorry guys. That said, while you guys had very cool cards, Diego still won.

Beacon of Chaos
2014-08-04, 09:17 AM
Okay, cool. I'm not sure if this one has been done before, but...

Create a card with Epic (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=87598).

onasuma
2014-08-04, 06:38 PM
Hordes Assembled 3RRR
Sorcery - MR
Put 2 1/1 red goblin creature tokens with haste into play. Then, for each goblin you control, put a 1/1 red goblin creature token with haste into play.
Epic (For the rest of the game, you can't cast spells. At the beginning of each of your upkeeps, copy this spell except for its epic ability.)

LaZodiac
2014-08-04, 06:39 PM
I've got a card idea, but I'm gonna wait for the new thread to be posted.

Ionbound
2014-08-04, 06:44 PM
Army of the Fallen-5BBBB

Sorcery-MR

For every card in your graveyard, place a 1/1 Black Zombie token on the field.

Epic. (For the rest of the game, you can't cast spells. At the beginning of each of your upkeeps, copy this spell except for its epic ability.)

Mystic Muse
2014-08-04, 06:57 PM
Or I could just summon a horde of angels* 6WWW
Sorcery- MR

Put a 4/4 Angel creature token with flying and vigilance into play for each enchantment on the battlefield

Epic (For the rest of the game, you can't cast spells. At the beginning of each of your upkeeps, copy this spell except for its epic ability.)

*Placeholder name.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2014-08-04, 07:05 PM
I'm in support of the, "The Search for More Cards," theme of titles. It's a play on the Star Trek series, it sounds contest-y, and when read aloud it has a sort of stuttering cadence that I find amusing.

Also, card idea because why not:

New World Order 4WWUU
Sorcery - MR
Epic
Whenever this spell is copied, you may have target opponent gain control of the copy. If you do, it gains Epic.
Until the beginning of your next upkeep, you have protection from other spells named New World Order.

Fable Wright
2014-08-04, 11:19 PM
Army of the Fallen-5BBBB

Sorcery-MR

For every card in your graveyard, place a 1/1 Black Zombie token on the field.

Epic. (For the rest of the game, you can't cast spells. At the beginning of each of your upkeeps, copy this spell except for its epic ability.)

No. Zombie tokens are always 2/2s. At this point, it's established convention.

AgentPaper
2014-08-04, 11:21 PM
Ok, new thread is up (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?365285-MtG-You-Make-the-Card-III-Wrath-of-the-Khans&p=17884727#post17884727). If you posted a card here, make sure to re-post it there since this thread is done.