PDA

View Full Version : Can Bard & Warlock be meshed at all?

CyberThread
2013-08-14, 03:58 AM
Now am not looking for the top possible of strength, but if I had to use a warlock & bard togeather what can be milked out of it?

Malroth
2013-08-14, 04:29 AM
1) if your DM is using the diplomacy rules as written then a 1 lv warlock dip can give you a stacking +6 to all social rolls to a bard primary build

2) For a silverbrow Human a 3 level/2 feat bard dip can get you several dice of damage to all your eldritch blasts (1 die inspire courage+1 song of the heart +1 inspiration boost +1 (vest of legends) for as long as you can maintain a performance for a very nice blaster Warlock primary.

3) Could make a workable Eldritch Theurge with a Sublime Chord dip so Eldritch Theurge advance Sublime Chord casting

Krazzman
2013-08-14, 04:40 AM
Google the build for Bard/Warlock named Oz.

Basically he is a Bard1/Warlockx/Eldritch Theurge 1/Sublime CHord1/Eldritch Theurge +9.

Due to Heighten Spell and Sanctum Spell he get's to qualify for ET asap.

Other things just don't work. Dips yes, maybe but not really well.

IronFist
2013-08-14, 09:06 AM
A DFI bard could dip into Warlock for eldritch claws or a clawlock could dip into Bard for DFI, I guess.

Psyren
2013-08-14, 10:25 AM
Basically he is a Bard1/Warlockx/Eldritch Theurge 1/Sublime CHord1/Eldritch Theurge +9.

Due to Heighten Spell and Sanctum Spell he get's to qualify for ET asap.

Another way is Illumian Bard 1 with Precocious Apprentice and IS: Krau, getting you a 3rd-level spell. This has the advantage of not being tied to your sanctum, letting you enter ET on the go.

PangolinPie
2013-08-14, 11:35 AM
I have to say a Bard/Warlock sounds to me like a devil rocker LOL

Psyren
2013-08-14, 11:56 AM
Warlocks can have a fey background too; I find the idea of a haunting forest nymph or a siren-esque Nereid combining eldritch powers with musical talent to be appealing.

CyberThread
2013-08-14, 06:47 PM
Hmm those are interesting ideas ( woah new avatar psy?)

So the general idea is then , to make the warlock the mainsource of the levels, and find a PRC that advances the spell side of the bards?

Waker
2013-08-14, 11:37 PM
So the general idea is then , to make the warlock the mainsource of the levels, and find a PRC that advances the spell side of the bards?
To my knowledge, Eldritch Theurge is the only class that can advanced both. The issue is that Bardic casting isn't that amazing and only represents a part of what makes a Bard a Bard. Not advancing Bardic Music and missing out on the skill points hurt