PDA

View Full Version : Wrecking Bawl - Warforged Gish

Fouredged Sword
2013-08-14, 08:39 AM
Ok, I just got a cool idea for my next Eberon game.

Ok here is the build

Warforged

Monk 2 (focused attack) / Wizard 3 / enlightened fist 10 / Abjurant Champion 5

Feats
1 - Unarmored Body (ick, but monk)
3 - Combat casting
6 - Practiced Spellcaster
9 - Beast Strike

Spells of importance
Mage armor - You no longer have plating, but you get this spell
Enlarge Construct - Beg your DM to let you research and create this spell as soon as you can. It's not broken, just an unusual target. I assume it ends up being a 1st or 2nd level spell.
Greater Mighty Wallop - This makes a bludgioning weapon treated as 1 size larger per 4 CL. The sweet spot in this build is ECL 9, so 2 sizes bigger.
Greater magic weapon - treats a weapon as having an enhancement bonus

Equipment
Battle fist - Your slam and unarmed strike are treated as one size larger AND you add the battlefist's enhancement bonus to your unarmed strike.
Monks belt - Why not, more damage

Now, here is the combo

Your unarmed strike and slam are at +1 size category from the battlefist (3d6, 1d8)

Greater Mighty Wallop both your unarmed strike AND your battlefist. AT CL 9 you gain +2 size catagories to both (6d6, 3d6)

Then you cast Greater magic weapon on both the battlefist and your unarmed strike (6d6+2, 3d6+2)

Then in combat cast enlarge contruct (8d6+2, 4d6+2)

Then you use focused attack to deal double damage - You add your slam damage to your unarmed strike damage, then double the both of them. 2X(12d6+2+Str) - 88+ 2xStr average damage

And it applies to any AOO's you make, so if anyone attempts to walk up to you, they get this in the face as well.

As an optimized build, I would drop enlightened fist for Ruthgar to abjurant champion as quickly as possible.

Monk 2 / Wizard 5 / Ruthgar 2 / abjurant champion 5 / wizard PRC X

for a full 9th level spell worthy gish.

Thoughts?

Psyren
2013-08-14, 08:54 AM
I'm AFB so can't help with the PrC selection as much, but be sure to pick up either Carmendine Monk (CoV) or Kung-Fu Genius (DRC) to key your monk abilities off Int instead of Wis. (KFG is slightly superior and not setting-specific.)

Fouredged Sword
2013-08-14, 08:56 AM
I was thinking the same, but ran out of feats.

In Gestalt the build would be

Wizard 5
//
Monk 3 / Fighter 2

This way you have a few spare feats to pick up stuff like combat reflexes (more double damage AOO's) and KFG