PDA

View Full Version : Laptop Mouse issue

Emperor Ing
2013-08-14, 08:44 PM
Okay so I recently got a new computer, an ASUS. It works fine, except I got stuck with the worst-case scenario in terms of the mouse buttons. Put simply, I can use the left button, the right button, but I can't use both at the same time. This is especially problematic in games like Skyrim that make use of both buttons.

My computer has an ELAN PS/2 Port Smart-Pad, the driver version is 11.5.0.9 which, if my attempted update 5 minutes ago is any indication, it's the latest version of the driver. I tried disabling it but nothing changed. I tried using Google but so far I couldn't find any real solution. Does anyone else more tech-savvy have any ideas?

rs2excelsior
2013-08-14, 09:24 PM
I also have an ASUS, but I don't think I have this problem. You mean that either one or the other button works, but that you can't use one for the left click and one for the right click options?

A quick look through the control panel didn't seem to yield anything useful. It's probably a cop-out, but have you tried a wireless mouse?

Emperor Ing
2013-08-14, 09:35 PM
I may have gotten a laptop but i'm still a cheap bastard so I have no plans on getting a USB or wireless mouse.

Togath
2013-08-14, 10:23 PM
aren't USB mouses in the 4-8$ range nowadays?
edit: what is a "wireless mouse" by the way? How would one even work?

Elder Tsofu
2013-08-15, 01:02 AM
aren't USB mouses in the 4-8$ range nowadays?
edit: what is a "wireless mouse" by the way? How would one even work?

It is a mouse without wires, it send signals to a receiver in the form of a USB dongle - or if you have it in-built, bluetooth.

Karoht
2013-08-15, 09:52 AM
I may have gotten a laptop but i'm still a cheap bastard so I have no plans on getting a USB or wireless mouse.
I had the same problem with a Sony laptop years ago. I tried 3 different mice before I found one that didn't have this problem. None of which had this problem on the desktops I tested them on. So yes, I agree being a cheap person is still probably a prudent suggestion, until we can completely rule out the mouse as the problem.

Test it on a desktop at a friends house or something. See if it behaves properly.

Wait, you're talking about the trackpad? Yeah, I've rarely found any of those that were able to take that level of input. A mouse will solve your problem, though you might find a setting you can toggle to fix the problem on your trackpad. Maybe. But unlikely.
Yeah, 10 bucks would get you a USB mouse.