PDA

View Full Version : Trailblazer + Stormwrack = Sinbad-Pirate-Adventure-Fun-Time

Ninjadeadbeard
2013-08-15, 02:22 AM
I picked up Trailblazer and a copy of Stormwrack a few days ago and...wow. TB so far is exactly what I've always wanted from 3.5, and though I haven't looked very far into SW, so far its given me some swell ideas. I've had it in my head to do a Sinbad/Waterworld adventure for a while now, and so far this looks like the winning combination.

Houserules:
No Primary Spellcasters
Humans dominant, only half-races besides (need Half-Dwarf, any suggestions?)
Armor-less Defense Variant (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/adventuring/defenseBonus.htm)

Beyond that, is there something I should know before I get into this, mechanically speaking? Any huge, glaring holes in Trailblazer? Any really good PC races suited for aquatic adventures, or spells that allow underwater travel? I'm just using Stormwrack for the rules about sailing, but if there's a particularly great part I'd miss, please point it out.

tl;dr: Is Trailblazer + Stormwrack a good idea for high-sailing adventure? And what books/additions should I look for to make an Ocean-intensive campaign fun?

Waddacku
2013-08-15, 03:04 AM
The only problems with Trailblazer that I can think of right off the bat is that it doesn't do anything to deal with caster supremacy (which you're already handling) and that its rules for building exotic weapons doesn't give enough build points to justify the feat. Simple tweak to make, though, if you care.

dysprosium
2013-08-15, 10:08 AM
For half-dwarf I would use the mul from Dark Sun. I believe the 3.5 update was Dragon 319.