PDA

View Full Version : [CHB] OOC 1: The Revival

Pages : [1] 2

GrandDM
2013-08-15, 03:42 AM
What is Camp Half-Blood?
Camp Half-Blood is the one safe place for children of the Greek gods. Here, they learn to control their powers, to fight monsters and survive. The camp is overseen by Dionysius, sent there as punishment by Zeus, but run by Chiron, the ancient centaur trainer of heroes.

Areas of Camp

Climbing Wall (with rockfalls, lava and earthquakes)
Lake (containing naiads, used for canoeing)
The Big House (where Chiron and Mr. D live, councillor meetings
are held and anyone ill is kept)
The Pavilion (I think; I'll check that later) (where food is served)
The Arena (where combat training is held and evening campfires lit)
The 12 cabins (see the Gods entry below)
The Forest (containing various monsters, used for Capture the Flag)
The strawberry patches
The armoury
The basketball court
The racetrack
The archery range
The Pegasus stables

Demigods
Your character will be a demigod, a child of one of the Greek gods and goddesses. A list of those can be found below, along with associated domains and suggestions for powers.

Alternatively, you can be a satyr. Satyr rules are also listed below.

Do I need to get my character approved?
No. Just post it in the directory. If there's something up with it, you'll receive a PM.

Combat
Although there will be less PVP than many other settings, it will still happen. Therefore, as in any other FFRP, the defender has the final say.

Being the Bad Guy
There are no real opportunities to play the "bad guys". You could be a traitor and ally with Camp Jupiter, but they aren't truly bad; they simply see from a different viewpoint, and it won't end well for you anyway.

As for monsters, it isn't really practical to play as them full-time. If you're DMing a scene for friends, that's fine, but you can't have a monster character - most monsters have a short and messy time on Earth, and the big, scary monsters aren't up for you to play, as they will only show up in major plots.

NPCs
Most of the demigod residents of the camp are NPCs. Anyone may control them, but keep it reasonable!

Romance
Just a quick note on this one - dating in CHB is a little odd. Gods have no DNA, so children of different gods don't count as related to you. Children of the same god count as family, however. I thought I should put this in to avoid any awkward situations.

Who's in Charge?
IC, the councillors (the member of each cabin who has been at CHB the longest) are in charge.

OOC, it's myself and Felandria. Anything to do with monsters, gods and magic, as well as demigod powers, equipment and the supernatural (including supernatural events) all go through or are instigated by (in the case of the last one) me. Queries or arguments not on those topics go to Felandria, as do control of all non-monstrous/godly NPCs.

Enjoy playing!

GrandDM
2013-08-15, 03:43 AM
Gods and Goddesses

The Big Three
The "Big Three" is the colloquial term for the three siblings Zeus, Poseidon and Hades. These are the most powerful godly parents, and as such, their children are rare.

Zeus
God of the sky.

Poseidon
God of the sea, storms and earthquakes.

Hades
God of riches and the underworld. Has no cabin. A child of Hades is likely to be an outcast.

Main Gods
Each of these gods have a cabin at Camp Half-Blood.

Aphrodite
Goddess of love.

Apollo
God of music, healing, poetry, archery, prophecy and the sun

Ares
God of war and battle.

Artemis
Goddess of the hunt, archery, the moon. Not available as a godly parent (maiden goddess). Hunters of Artemis may be introduced later, depending on the popularity of CHB.

Athena
Goddess of wisdom, tactics.

Demeter
Goddess of agriculture.

Dionysius
Manager of CHB. God of wine, parties.

Hephaestus
God of craft, smithing.

Hera
Not available as a godly parent (faithful to Zeus). Will go out of her way to make life difficult for children of Zeus.

Hermes
God of thieves, travellers, medicine.

Minor gods and goddesses
None of these gods and goddesses have cabins. Their children, along with the undetermined, are quartered in the Hermes cabin.

Nemesis
Goddess of balance, revenge.

Janus
God of choice, doors.

Hestia
Goddess of home, the hearth. Tends the fire at CHB.

Hecate
Goddess of magic.

Boreas
God of the North Wind.

Phobos
God of fear

Deimos
God of Terror

Eris
Goddess of strife

Satyrs
A satyr character is another option for you. If you're a satyr, the following rules apply:

> You age at half human rate (if you're 50, you look 25)
> You're vegetarian (except for tin cans, polystyrene cups and cheese enchiladas)
> To monsters with the Scent ability, you smell like a goat.
> You have the Scent ability - you can smell monsters, modified for wind direction, other scents, the power of the monster and whether they've taken steps to conceal their scent. The controller of the monster has the final say over whether or not you smell them.
> You have Nature Magic powers, available through music. For example: find a path, animate a tree, rock, bush etc., call animals, charm animals, cause fear and so on.
> You must obey the Council of Cloven Elders (the Satyr high council). They are the ultimate authority, and practically no satyr would dare to go against them.
Godly Food and Drink

Nectar & Ambrosia
The drink and food of the gods. When ingested by demigods (or put onto wounds, in the case of nectar), it will heal them at high speed, but too much can literally burn you up.

Deathkeeper
2013-08-15, 05:48 AM
Any objections to me rolling up a satyr? Tradition says there would inevitably be one, and I've always wanted to make a Druid-flavored character.

GrandDM
2013-08-15, 05:51 AM
Any objections to me rolling up a satyr? Tradition says there would inevitably be one, and I've always wanted to make a Druid-flavored character.

Not at all. I'll add satyrs to the list.

Deathkeeper
2013-08-15, 06:01 AM
Got it

I would personally suggest by the way that you change the character sheet approval process. It isn't very hard to follow a roster thread and if you have an issue just PM the player. I say this because for the most part players are pretty good about this, and players such ss myself or Fel would probably be just as good with providing input during the hours you are offline.

GrandDM
2013-08-15, 06:37 AM
Got it

I would personally suggest by the way that you change the character sheet approval process. It isn't very hard to follow a roster thread and if you have an issue just PM the player. I say this because for the most part players are pretty good about this, and players such ss myself or Fel would probably be just as good with providing input during the hours you are offline.

That's a good point. I'll do that.

General broadcast on this topic: if anyone has any suggestions for how this could be improved, I'm always happy to listen.

Deathkeeper
2013-08-15, 06:40 AM
Side note: my satyr, Lan, is too old to be passing for someone in middle school, although he's probably still useful to the rare high school bloomers. If anyone has an older demigod who would like to mix back stories and would like their kid to have been one of his charges, let me know. In general he had a very good record.

GrandDM
2013-08-15, 06:51 AM
Side note: my satyr, Lan, is too old to be passing for someone in middle school, although he's probably still useful to the rare high school bloomers. If anyone has an older demigod who would like to mix back stories and would like their kid to have been one of his charges, let me know. In general he had a very good record.

Step in, Rick! How about:

Lan was his protector nine years ago. The monsters started coming for him early. They had a narrow escape from the school when a gorgon disguised as a school inspector tried to kill him, and travelled on foot and by hitchhiking across three states to get to CHB on Long Island. They remain close friends.

Deathkeeper
2013-08-15, 07:00 AM
Sounds fine to me. The only things I would discourage is multiple people giving really dark back stories, since those should be kept to a minimum since he's supposed to be good at his job. I'll probably approve everything anyway.

Aric Kale
2013-08-15, 08:11 AM
Hey y'all, could I bring in a character who's godly parent is Boreas, god of the north wind?
Yes, I have read all of the books.

Deathkeeper
2013-08-15, 08:13 AM
He would probably end up in the Hermes cabin since his parent isn't a true Olympian, but I wouldn't say no and thus defer to the "mod" in this case.

GrandDM
2013-08-15, 10:35 AM
That's fine with me.

Deathkeeper
2013-08-15, 10:47 AM
By the way, I would suggest transferring the Locations to the IC page for ease and lack of tabbing needed in the beginning.
I should really re-read this series soon. I actually don't even remember what the usual thing was for the satyrs in camp. I remember them mentioning t-shirts, but not if armor was ever used. Or pants. In fact there were a few lines that seemed to indicate a lack of pants which would give me a rather bizarre impression for a children's series.

GrandDM
2013-08-15, 10:53 AM
By the way, I would suggest transferring the Locations to the IC page for ease and lack of tabbing needed in the beginning.
I should really re-read this series soon. I actually don't even remember what the usual thing was for the satyrs in camp. I remember them mentioning t-shirts, but not if armor was ever used. Or pants. In fact there were a few lines that seemed to indicate a lack of pants which would give me a rather bizarre impression for a children's series.

They're furry from the waist down. They don't need trousers. (Yes, trousers; I'm English).

Also, excellent suggestion; I will do that now.

Aric Kale
2013-08-15, 10:58 AM
GrandDM, I'm waiting oft Felandria's take on it...
since it was her idea to restart the PJO threads. Not trying to sound rude, but you kinda took over everything. Idk, maybe she asked you to, but I'd rather have her opinions than yours.

Deathkeeper
2013-08-15, 11:01 AM
Fel explicitly have GDM judgement on OoC things covering players and monsters in the other thread.

And I really don't think their coats are thick enough for proper covering. I can totally call cartoon logic and call it a day, though.

GrandDM
2013-08-15, 11:03 AM
Understandable, but we agreed that anything to do with the mythology/history was my job, which means that technically I'm the one who answers that question.

And as for me taking over, I simply had the time on my hands so I used it productively to create the threads we'd need.

Aric Kale
2013-08-15, 11:05 AM
Fel explicitly have GDM judgement on OoC things in the other thread.

Alright, sounds good. which thread, the Sticky?

GrandDM
2013-08-15, 11:07 AM
Alright, sounds good. which thread, the Sticky?

If you mean FFRP Central, no. There's a character directory thread further down the page.

Deathkeeper
2013-08-15, 11:07 AM
Yeah, it was something along the lines of Fel taking care of NPCs and events and GDM taking the lore.

Also, I finally make a character who knows about stuff I know about! No more needing to Google every time my PC suggests to go to town because I actually live here and already know the names! Huzzah!

Edit: Haley, if you don't remember from the books, most kids enter the camp as pre-teens, so while it probably works fine to have your character enter much older you'll have to come up with a pretty good reason of how she was hidden so much better than most kids.

Aric Kale
2013-08-15, 11:49 AM
So, I was thinking about having Colin just start out at Camp, possibly returning from an adventure.
Also, if we don't want people who are too op, why is there even a 0 Power Level listed?

GrandDM
2013-08-15, 11:54 AM
So, I was thinking about having Colin just start out at Camp, possibly returning from an adventure.
Also, if we don't want people who are too op, why is there even a 0 Power Level listed?

More for the sake of completeness than actual use. I probably should take it out, though.

Thanks for pointing that out.

As for Colin starting at camp, that's fine. It's a established location with many residents.

Haleyintraining
2013-08-15, 12:00 PM
[A PMed conversation, for context]

Good point. I was trying to look up the age of arrivals, but I couldn't remember if it was constant or not. If I lower her down to thirteen, would you be interested in that plot?
Well, the thing is that as it is Lan can actually help, whereas a seventeen-year-old would be out of place in a middle school, so it's really a toss-up.

I'd be game for playing an older character... let's see if I can think of a good plot reason. The only thing I can think of is that she grew up in like South America with her father who was part of those Doctors Without Borders things or something like that, but I'm not sure if that is a bit too cliche.

Feel free to discuss it in the OoC section. GDM probably could remember a few plot devices.

Any thoughts, GDM?

Deathkeeper
2013-08-15, 12:02 PM
For more context, she's inquiring about having a plot to get her character but is wondering if she can get help with how her character hasn't been found despite being well into her teens.

Haleyintraining
2013-08-15, 12:08 PM
For more context, she's inquiring about having a plot to get her character but is wondering if she can get help with how her character hasn't been found despite being well into her teens.

Alternatively, my character can be younger, but then we'd need a non-creepy excuse of why a seventeen-year-old is hanging around a school of twelve and thirteen year olds.

Aric Kale
2013-08-15, 12:10 PM
Teacher in training?

Deathkeeper
2013-08-15, 12:22 PM
Admittedly, the Mist usually makes Lan just look like a guy with deformed legs, and most people don't immediately blow whistles on cripples. And I volunteered at middle schools a few time in my high school years.

Haleyintraining
2013-08-15, 12:34 PM
Admittedly, the Mist usually makes Lan just look like a guy with deformed legs, and most people don't immediately blow whistles on cripples. And I volunteered at middle schools a few time in my high school years.

I'd be good for that, then. Is 13 an alright age, or would you prefer I went 12?

GrandDM
2013-08-15, 12:38 PM
1) She's the child of a military officer, always living in the current military base. This protected her from monsters. Lan joined the army to get her.

2) She's the child of a super-rich celebrity, living on a private island. Most monsters couldn't get to her, and Lan, in disguise as a groundskeeper's apprentice (or something like that), got rid of the few that did. However, he didn't have a chance to take her to camp for several years, due to all the celebrity shenanigans going on at the island.

3) She's the child of a demigod who protected her and didn't want her to go to Camp Half-Blood for x reason.

How's this?

Also, if you want a plot of her getting to camp, I'd be happy to drop one your way, if LDK's up for it.

5a Violista
2013-08-15, 12:40 PM
I made two characters; is that alright?

One of them is from a minor goddess, Eris, the goddess of strife, but I figure that she hasn't really let anyone know. And, since most of the gods don't like Eris, then they probably wouldn't have bothered knowing, anyway. So, she's there and she knows herself, but won't tell anyone. So, she's from the Hermes Cabin, then.

I just need to figure out a little bit more of a backstory for them.
Maybe your Satyr, miLord Deathkeeper, could have been in charge of getting her to Camp Half-Blood. (She's sixteen, so I guess that's old enough.) I could make her 17, though, to match almost everyone else.

Or, maybe she just arrived herself, having previously been with Eris most her life. That's a good story, I think.

Deathkeeper
2013-08-15, 12:40 PM
Well, depends where she is and when her birthday is. Most 12 year olds are in 6th grade. All the Long Island schools I know put 6th grade as elementary school, so then it gets more complicated.
Alternatively, if this takes place during the summer the whole thing isn't an issue.

And Mahonri, feel free to write Lan into your backstory. I don't mind being The Guy That Knows Pretty Much Everyone.

GrandDM
2013-08-15, 12:44 PM
17 is actually fairly high on the range. Most demigods arrive at camp at around sixth grade, so they'd be twelve or eleven.

As for backstories, the same goes for Rick as Lan. He normally goes along on retrieval missions as the security guy - monsters tend to go all-out when the demigod's being moved to camp.

Haleyintraining
2013-08-15, 12:46 PM
1) She's the child of a military officer, always living in the current military base. This protected her from monsters. Lan joined the army to get her.

2) She's the child of a super-rich celebrity, living on a private island. Most monsters couldn't get to her, and Lan, in disguise as a groundskeeper's apprentice (or something like that), got rid of the few that did. However, he didn't have a chance to take her to camp for several years, due to all the celebrity shenanigans going on at the island.

3) She's the child of a demigod who protected her and didn't want her to go to Camp Half-Blood for x reason.

How's this?

Also, if you want a plot of her getting to camp, I'd be happy to drop one your way, if LDK's up for it.

I really like the military one, again if LDK's game for it. If so, I'd graciously take you up on that plot offer.

Deathkeeper
2013-08-15, 12:47 PM
Lan looks like a deformed 17-year-old under the Mist. He's never be able to get in the Army.

Haleyintraining
2013-08-15, 12:49 PM
Lan looks like a deformed 17-year-old under the Mist. He's never be able to get in the Army.

He could be something other than a soldier. If she's living on the army base, he could be hired to be her tutor or something to that extent.

GrandDM
2013-08-15, 12:49 PM

Fair point. I should point out that 17's close enough to 18 that the inaccuracy when you're trying to judge someone's age would cover the slight difference, but the deformed bit would nail up the coffin for that idea pretty solidly.

Deathkeeper
2013-08-15, 12:54 PM
He could be something other than a soldier. If she's living on the army base, he could be hired to be her tutor or something to that extent.

Fair enough. I could go that angle.

GrandDM
2013-08-15, 01:11 PM
Fair enough. I could go that angle.

Works for me as well.

5a Violista
2013-08-15, 01:14 PM
"Backstory get!" is exactly what I thought as I went off to get a drink and eat some lunch.

Here's the idea for Melissa, and how Lan fits into it: (Just so you can know)

Melissa was raised by her mother, Eris, and wandered around with her wherever she went. However, around the age of 15, she had a spat with her mother (which just tickled her pink! She was so proud that her daughter was able to have an argument with her old lady.) So, they parted ways and Eris planned it so Melissa would run into Lan minutes afterward. Lan was bringing someone back to Camp Half-Blood at the time (roughly a year ago), and that happy "coincidence" ended up with the satyr bringing two demigods to the Camp, instead of the planned one.
However, Melissa still hasn't told anyone who her mother is.

And, now, I'll put a slightly more organized version of that backstory in the Registry. I'll also come up with a backstory for my other character, sooner or later.

And I'll also post somewhere in the IC.

Haleyintraining
2013-08-15, 01:22 PM
Works for me as well.

Cool. Did you say you'd put up a thread at some point, or are we supposed to make one ourselves?

Deathkeeper
2013-08-15, 02:08 PM
Hey Fel? Know your character is supposed to be senior and all, but does she really need the complete shapeshifter thing? It's pretty much established in the series as a Poseidon thing, and not something that gets given out for minor quests. Plus Fel is already more awesome than the other pcs presented through just the Zeus thing. Just my 2 cp.

And Haley, with a little organization we can set up your sequence in the same IC thread soon.

Felandria
2013-08-15, 04:33 PM
Hey Fel? Know your character is supposed to be senior and all, but does she really need the complete shapeshifter thing? It's pretty much established in the series as a Poseidon thing, and not something that gets given out for minor quests. Plus Fel is already more awesome than the other pcs presented through just the Zeus thing. Just my 2 cp.

And Haley, with a little organization we can set up your sequence in the same IC thread soon.

I can leave out the Shapechange but I'll keep the size change just so she can adjust for proper situations.

Deathkeeper
2013-08-15, 04:53 PM
I can leave out the Shapechange but I'll keep the size change just so she can adjust for proper situations.

Oh yeah that's fine it's a totally awesome and Zeus sort of power to get giant when you want to totally mess up someone's day.

KerfuffleMach2
2013-08-15, 11:47 PM
High chance of me making a character for this.

And she would be a daughter of Phobos.

Just gotta work on the rest of her now. Might take a day or two.

GrandDM
2013-08-16, 02:29 AM
Cool. Did you say you'd put up a thread at some point, or are we supposed to make one ourselves?

There's one up already. If you can't find it, do Ctrl+f, then type "[CHB]". There'll be three results: this thread, the Character Directory Thread (if it hasn't slipped to Page 2), and the IC thread.

High chance of me making a character for this.

And she would be a daughter of Phobos.

Just gotta work on the rest of her now. Might take a day or two.

Sounds good. I'll go and add Phobos and Deimos to the list of gods.

Deathkeeper
2013-08-16, 08:15 AM
Hiya, Haley, erm, were we going to skip all the falsifying records part and just have Lan show up with the assumption he already got hired and was let in or should I stick him at the front gate?

Also, I planned on one of the half-bloods being his backup driver. It shouldn't be relevant for a while, but any volunteers? Fel and Rick so far probably look old enough. Well, Fel is old enough, but you know what I mean.

Haleyintraining
2013-08-16, 08:19 AM
Hiya, Haley, erm, were we going to skip all the falsifying records part and just have Lan show up with the assumption he already got hired and was let in or should I stick him at the front gate?

Also, I planned on one of the half-bloods being his backup driver. It shouldn't be relevant for a while, but any volunteers? Fel and Rick so far probably look old enough. Well, Fel is old enough, but you know what I mean.

Yeah, that's okay with me.

Deathkeeper
2013-08-16, 08:20 AM
That was a "which one" question, not a yes/no question.:smallwink:

Haleyintraining
2013-08-16, 08:23 AM
That was a "which one" question, not a yes/no question.:smallwink:

Sorry, I was interpreting it as "is the first option okay; if not, we can do the second one". I don't mind either one, to be honest. The second could potentially be more fun, but someone would have to RP someone in a position of authority, and for simplicity's sake we might just want to go with what's behind door number one.

Deathkeeper
2013-08-16, 08:28 AM
Well, if you just want him to show up and give his info you're well within your rights to play your own character's father.

Haleyintraining
2013-08-16, 08:33 AM
Well, if you just want him to show up and give his info you're well within your rights to play your own character's father.

I'm not really sure if I'd be very eloquent in the voice of a military career father, so let's just skip to the part where he was already hired for his charm and good looks.

Deathkeeper
2013-08-16, 08:36 AM
Alright, sure.
Although I would like to add that considering who hired him that would be awfully creepy reasoning unless you had kept your character's original age and she was being shipped by her father. Aaawwwkward.

Haleyintraining
2013-08-16, 08:39 AM
Alright, sure.
Although I would like to add that considering who hired him that would be awfully creepy reasoning unless you had kept your character's original age and she was being shipped by her father. Aaawwwkward.

It was but a jest. :smalltongue: Although, I thought we were keeping the original age with this plot, since the reason she couldn't be picked up earlier was because she was across the ocean and under military protection for years.

GrandDM
2013-08-16, 08:52 AM
I'd be happy to RP the military-general-dad. It won't make much of a difference; I'll be in the scene anyway - I'm the monster guy.

That's right - did you think you'd have a clean getaway?

...Why is there no evil emote..?

Haleyintraining
2013-08-16, 08:56 AM
I'd be happy to RP the military-general-dad. It won't make much of a difference; I'll be in the scene anyway - I'm the monster guy.

That's right - did you think you'd have a clean getaway?

...Why is there no evil emote..?

Great! (Well, about the first part... also, :smallamused: could be considered evil, or at least conniving, and there's always :belkar:)

Just have him jump into the conversation between Lan and Anika whenever it suits.

GrandDM
2013-08-16, 08:59 AM
Great! (Well, about the first part... also, :smallamused: could be considered evil, or at least conniving, and there's always :belkar:)

Just have him jump into the conversation between Lan and Anika whenever it suits.

Of course... how could I have forgotten Belkar?!

And I'll do that when I spot an opening.

Deathkeeper
2013-08-16, 09:24 AM
Hey guys, dialogue is fine, but once super important stuff happens can we please stick to turn order? I had to wipe a post and rewrite it to fit in your stuff.

GrandDM
2013-08-16, 09:32 AM
Hey guys, dialogue is fine, but once super important stuff happens can we please stick to turn order? I had to wipe a post and rewrite it to fit in your stuff.

Sorry. I'm really bad at turn order.

Come to that, what is the order?

Deathkeeper
2013-08-16, 09:39 AM
Well, it was Haley, me, you, don't know about it now.

GrandDM
2013-08-16, 09:40 AM

Well, let's stick with that. That would make it your post now.

Haleyintraining
2013-08-16, 09:40 AM

I think that order still holds... let's go with that.

Beans
2013-08-16, 11:39 AM
I've had an idea for a while, but I'm not sure if it'd work:

An older-ish (16-17) daughter of Styx (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Styx) (who is, yes, a goddess); her powers would mostly center around a passive affinity for water (not to the degree possessed by Poseidon's kids) and dealing with bonds/deals/pacts/etc (though obviously not the same as promises made on Styx). Most of her influence and power would be social rather than in combat.
As a Zeus loyalist (like her mom, whose river is so important in the first place because she sided with Zeus readily) she would definitely not be the bad guy, or even just a bad guy; at worst, she'd be something like "Weird Unpleasant Good".

I'm very much trying to avoid the possible gamebreaky Sue tendencies present in this concept; does it sound workable?

GrandDM
2013-08-16, 11:42 AM
I've had an idea for a while, but I'm not sure if it'd work:

An older-ish (16-17) daughter of Styx (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Styx) (who is, yes, a goddess); her powers would mostly center around a passive affinity for water (not to the degree possessed by Poseidon's kids) and dealing with bonds/deals/pacts/etc (though obviously not the same as promises made on Styx). Most of her influence and power would be social rather than in combat.
As a Zeus loyalist (like her mom, whose river is so important in the first place because she sided with Zeus readily) she would definitely not be the bad guy, or even just a bad guy; at worst, she'd be something like "Weird Unpleasant Good".

I'm very much trying to avoid the possible gamebreaky Sue tendencies present in this concept; does it sound workable?

Sounds good to me.

Deathkeeper
2013-08-16, 11:56 AM
Ack, we were so close to avoiding Dead Parents Syndrome.

Beans
2013-08-16, 12:47 PM
Neiz Landers
Godly Parent: Styx

Personality: Eccentric, very willing to manipulate others to reach her goals, but never cruel for the sake of being cruel.
Description: http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/9379/gfu4.png
Neiz is thin, with crazy-long silvery hair she has dyed with many pastel rainbow streaks. Her eyes are rose-pink and she tends to wear clothing in dark, cool colors.

Power Level: 3 (her influence is mostly social; her combat prowess is almost entirely defensive)

Abilities:
Water Affinity: As the daughter of Styx, she has a mostly passive water affinity; this means that she is a very strong swimmer and gets a bit more out of hydration than most would. Her water affinity is not to the same extent as a Poseidon child, though.

Dealmaker: As the daughter of Styx, her main powerset is based in pacts, oaths, deals, etc. She can create binding contracts upon agreements, whether or not she is one of those involved in the agreement. While certainly not as significant as the bonds forged upon the Styx, her pacts are nothing to ignore; there is always an agreed-upon consequence that will occur upon any party who breaks the deal. The pact ends when

The pact is carried out and finished (only if the pact's terms have a finite goal)
Any party breaks the terms of the pact (ends the pact, but incurs the consequence upon them)
Neiz specifically revokes the pact before it is finished or broken

Equipment:
Parallel Shield: A shield with a sort of stretched teardrop shape, worn across the arm longways with the pointy end closest to the elbow. Contains a retractable blade at the end near her hand. Disguised as a bracelet when not in use.

Cestus: Essentially brass knuckles. Disguised as a ring when not in use.

Notes: (Anything else not included)
Has been around camp for several years and very rarely leaves, though some of her fellow older campers may know her mortal family lives in Ohio.
Neiz has harbored a crush on Felandria for a good while, but has never admitted it.

Just checking before I post it; anyone see a problem?
Might also be good to work out what, if any, history she has with her fellow older campers.

Deathkeeper
2013-08-16, 12:53 PM
I don't see any issues.

Speaking of though, no one has a problem with Lan, so they? I realized that I gave him a lot of things he's good at, but I was attributing it to not being a master at any of them and just having the lifespan to learn.

Beans
2013-08-16, 01:46 PM
I don't have a problem with him, not that I can tell.

Deathkeeper
2013-08-16, 01:51 PM
Well, essentially he's a talented musician with good social skills who is also a really good fighter who also has magic powers and also is pretty smart, and I'm usually wary on having a big list of skills lest I drift into Sue territory.
Again, most of those are just from being a Satyr, which is why I originally justified it.

Beans
2013-08-16, 02:07 PM
I think at this point it's more how his skills are used in relation to other people that'll determine Sue...ing.

How do you think he'd interact with Neiz, given that she's pleasant and often a little flirty, but does so mostly for the purpose of manipulating everyone? I can see him, being 34 and all, being wise to Neiz's games.

Deathkeeper
2013-08-16, 02:13 PM
I like to play slow-aging characters as with the maturity of their proportional age for the most part. So while Lan has a lot more information in his head he doesn't act the way a 30-year-old human would, although not like a teen either. So I think he wouldn't catch on immediately but he'll probably have leaned by now if she's been doing it for years. Plus he's slightly resistant to flirting since he's moderately attracted to human girls but thinks it's really, really creepy for someone his age to flirt with someone as young as most of the campers until they're of age.

AnimeKid
2013-08-16, 05:24 PM
I would be very interested in taking part. Though my request my seem a little unusual. Basically for my two characters I was going to base them off of characters from a favorite game of mine. I would change stuff around to make them fit into the universe better of course but I was wondering if you guys would be okay with that.

Deathkeeper
2013-08-16, 05:26 PM
Well, that's what Felandria did so it would be hypocritical to say no to you.

AnimeKid
2013-08-16, 07:22 PM
Okay then here goes!
Yu Narukami
Godly Parent:Zeus

Personality:Yu is quiet, polite, and calm for most situations. He is also a fairly sarcastic person and occasionally makes jokes at the others expense. He is, for the most part, more mature than the other people his age. He has a sharp mind, and is able to quickly realize the solution to diffucult problems. He deeply cares for his friends and one of the few ways to truly anger him is to threaten either them or his little sister Nanako which causes him to become very cold. He also has a great understanding of the bonds of people.

He has a dry sense of humor, and sometimes does questionable things which he thinks are funny. He also seems a bit naive and oblivious to certain situations, which somehow keeps working to his benefit; especially when dealing with the girls, as he is able to get away with things that would warrant a smack for any of the other male characters.

Description: Short, bowl-shaped gray hair with electric blue eyes. He has a pale complexion and is quite tall, about 5'11. He has a lean yet strong build. He often wears a grey shirt with a black blazer.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-iLrbpbmCfTU/Tpbxfcs_PKI/AAAAAAAAAZo/V9RWtt_B2U0/s1600/yu+narukami.jpg"]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-iLrbpbmCfTU/Tpbxfcs_PKI/AAAAAAAAAZo/V9RWtt_B2U0/s1600/yu+narukami.jpg

Power level: When it comes to use of his powers Yu has great control netting him a ranking of 1 However he slacks in the department of regular combat, marking him with a 3. This makes his overall power level 2

Abilities

Enhanced Stamina and Speed:Yu is capable of fighting at full capacity for longer periods of time and moves faster than you would think

Electricity creation and control: Thanks to his status as a son of Zeus Yu can create and control electricity. This is his greatest ability and the one he prides himself on.

Wind control: Like his father Yu can also control the winds. This is usually used to lift heavy object and can create whirlwinds.

Mild Weather control: Yu has some control over the weather but only to a mild point. The best he can do is bring in and banish stormy clouds and call down a single bolt of lightning.

Equipment

Truth Seeker: Yu's katana made from Celestial Bronze. It can channel and amplify Yu's electrical attacks. When not in use it takes the form of a pair of glasses that can see through to the truth of things.

Notes
As you can guess from his Name Yu is of Japanese descent. His mother had a job which had her travel a lot and on a job trip to America she met Zeus. This was how Yu was conceived. He and his mother moved so often that Monsters weren't a problem for them that often. However when he sister Nanako was born when he was 10 years old his mother knew that the camp was the only option left.

Thanks to moving to so many places so often, Yu has picked up a variety of languages that he can speak. However never really had the chance to make friends as a result of this. He watched other people a lot, but never interacted as he never saw much a point to it. Now that he is staying in one place he finds it awkward to interact with others. However once people have made friends with him they would find that they made a friend for life.

Kanji Tatsumi
Godly Parent:Ares
Personality: Kanji often skips classes and apparently gets into many fights in the streets. (However his reasons for doing so are often borne out of trying to make others happy, not out of simple delinquency; an example of his violence, beating up a biker gang, would explained by mother as an attempt to make her happy, as the bikes were too loud for her to get any sleep).

His family runs a textile shop and Kanji is also very skilled with tailoring for that very reason. His biggest insecurity is his sexuality which is thanks to his feminine hobbies and how he was socially tortured by girls for having them. He is scared of showing anything potentially feminine in interest and constantly has a tough guy act going on that his natural aggressiveness as a son of Ares helps maintain.

Description:Kanji is a tall young man, about 6'2. He has a bleached-blonde sweptback crewcut, gray eyes, with a scar above his left eye and wears a black sweater with a skull-and-crossbones design on it and a black leather jacket.
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120401104240/megamitensei/images/b/b3/Kanji_Tatsumi_render.png"] (http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120401104240/megamitensei/images/b/b3/Kanji_Tatsumi_render.png)

Power level: Both Kanji's Powers, and Combat skills are a solid 2. However Kanji can be easily riled and is not very good with strategy.

Abilities

Enhanced Strength, Endurance, and Stamina: Kanji is much stronger than he looks. His strength is his main claim to fame and the thing that makes him such a fearsome fighter. Combine that his that fact that he is durable as a brick wall and can keep going all day makes close quarters combat with Kanji a nightmare.

Never say Die!:Kanji is capable of surviving in surpising conditions. Even with less food, water, and rest than he should be getting, Kanji doesn't stay down long and is always ready to get back in the fight. A roach is what comes to mind when Kanji's resilience is brought up.

Equipment

Demon King: This Celestial Bronze shield is almost as big at Kanji is and has a wicked spike about 16 inches long and 3 inches thick at the base extending from the center. Other than that is shield isn't special. When not in use it takes the form of an armband around Kanji's bicep.

Notes
Kanji likes helping others and tries his best to do so. However after having his tough guy demeanor on for so long he sometimes forgets to turn it off as it has become a part of him now. As such he is rough, brash, and sometimes crude.

Catchphrase: "Get bent!"

So are these guys okay or are they too much and I need to change some things?

Deathkeeper
2013-08-16, 07:28 PM
....oooh I thought you meant adapt then from characters you made for a game.
Erm, I don't know, I would be a little weirded out with it just blatantly being Kanji but it's up to the others.

Aric Kale
2013-08-16, 10:32 PM
I personally don't know what Kanji and co are from, so I'm fine with them. My only suggestion is to post that in the Character Directory.

GrandDM
2013-08-17, 01:46 AM
I don't know either. As far as I'm concerned, as long as they follow the rules, they're OK. I've had a look, and while they're on the upper end of the power scale, I can't see anything game-breaking, so go ahead and post them in the Character Directory.

KerfuffleMach2
2013-08-20, 08:53 PM
Okay, finally got my character.

Rachel Couzens
Godly Parent: Phobos
Personality: Shy, timid, usually keeps to herself, but won't protest if somebody insists on staying near her. Mostly cause she doesn't want to cause trouble.
Description: Rachel is a little bit short for her age, with a very thin body. Her hair is long and dark, with her bangs covering most of her face. When her eyes are visible, they are jet black in color. Her clothing always seems three sizes too big for her.
Power Level: In combat, she is a four. She knows to keep the pointy end of the sword away from her, and that's about it. However, with her abilities, she's easily a two.

Abilities:
Fear Detection: When Rachel is within a few feet of somebody, she can pick up on their fears without even trying to. At least some of them. She does have to focus to find out all of a person's fears, or their deepest ones. She can also tell when somebody is afraid at any time, and what that fear is at that moment.

Fear Realization: Rachel can cause a target to hallucinate. Specifically, to see their fears. It will be more than sight, though. It will affect all of their senses. The stronger she makes the hallucination, the more she has to concentrate, and the less she can do other things.

Fear Consumption: While making somebody live their fears, Rachel can feed off of their fear, which can heal her and empower her. She doesn't like doing it, though, cause a part of her will share that fear. And while her father may enjoy that kind of stuff, she isn't too fond of it.

Equipment:
Fear Repository: A black skull necklace that can store the fears of others, so she can use them at a later date.

Notes:
Rachel knows that many expect her to be like her father. She tries her best not to. But, at times, she can't help but enjoy making others live their fears.

GrandDM
2013-08-21, 01:48 AM
Okay, finally got my character.

Rachel Couzens
Godly Parent: Phobos
Personality: Shy, timid, usually keeps to herself, but won't protest if somebody insists on staying near her. Mostly cause she doesn't want to cause trouble.
Description: Rachel is a little bit short for her age, with a very thin body. Her hair is long and dark, with her bangs covering most of her face. When her eyes are visible, they are jet black in color. Her clothing always seems three sizes too big for her.
Power Level: In combat, she is a four. She knows to keep the pointy end of the sword away from her, and that's about it. However, with her abilities, she's easily a two.

Abilities:
Fear Detection: When Rachel is within a few feet of somebody, she can pick up on their fears without even trying to. At least some of them. She does have to focus to find out all of a person's fears, or their deepest ones. She can also tell when somebody is afraid at any time, and what that fear is at that moment.

Fear Realization: Rachel can cause a target to hallucinate. Specifically, to see their fears. It will be more than sight, though. It will affect all of their senses. The stronger she makes the hallucination, the more she has to concentrate, and the less she can do other things.

Fear Consumption: While making somebody live their fears, Rachel can feed off of their fear, which can heal her and empower her. She doesn't like doing it, though, cause a part of her will share that fear. And while her father may enjoy that kind of stuff, she isn't too fond of it.

Equipment:
Fear Repository: A black skull necklace that can store the fears of others, so she can use them at a later date.

Notes:
Rachel knows that many expect her to be like her father. She tries her best not to. But, at times, she can't help but enjoy making others live their fears.

You need to post this in the Character Directory, not here. It may have slipped to page 2 by the time you read this.

KerfuffleMach2
2013-08-21, 09:39 AM
You need to post this in the Character Directory, not here. It may have slipped to page 2 by the time you read this.

Yeah, I'm just used to posting the character in OOC first so people can read it and approve of it first.

Deathkeeper
2013-08-21, 09:48 AM
Btw, CtF was mentioned. I should note that right now 90% of the players right now are in Hermes, Zeus, Ares, and Athena cabins, and while that would not be a team since the latter two never team up it would be pretty easy to make the entire opposing team NPC'd if one or two PCs sit out.
Then again, since most of the PCs seem to be 2's in at least some sense, maybe it's not the safest idea :smallbiggrin:

Aric Kale
2013-08-21, 09:47 PM
Hey GDM, love the duel, but we're gonna have to wrap it up for dinner time. Also POKE.

Aaand would y'all mind terribly if I RPed Colin as being exceptionally friendly toward Ares and his children? Despite him technically being in the Hermes cabin as the son of a minor god, he has still been claimed and I see him as a free spirit. As such, sitting wherever he wants...if the cabin accepts him.

KerfuffleMach2
2013-08-21, 10:09 PM
Question.

Phobos is the son of Ares. With Rachel being the daughter of Phobos, would she be able to sit at the Ares table? Or Hermes?

Deathkeeper
2013-08-21, 10:11 PM
Question.

Phobos is the son of Ares. With Rachel being the daughter of Phobos, would she be able to sit at the Ares table? Or Hermes?

I'd say Hermes. It's not like Ares kids are allowed at Zeus' table.

KerfuffleMach2
2013-08-21, 10:13 PM
I'd say Hermes. It's not like Ares kids are allowed at Zeus' table.

...Fair enough. Never thought of it that way.

GrandDM
2013-08-22, 01:41 AM
Same goes for Colin at the Ares table. Only children of the main gods get a dedicated table; the minor gods' children sit with Hermes. Moving to other tables is a REALLY bad faux pas.

It's fine that he prefers Ares kids, though.

Beans
2013-08-22, 10:55 AM
@Aric: Colin can't be sitting next to Rick, since Colin's stated to be sitting at Hermes's table and Rick is an Ares camper... unless you mean that Colin's seat at the Hermes table is located near Rick's seat at Ares or something.
Spatial relations are not a thing I should think about right now. I'm reading Lovecraft. :smalltongue:

Felandria
2013-08-22, 12:48 PM
Same goes for Colin at the Ares table. Only children of the main gods get a dedicated table; the minor gods' children sit with Hermes. Moving to other tables is a REALLY bad faux pas.

It's fine that he prefers Ares kids, though.

What if they're invited?

Beans
2013-08-22, 12:53 PM
The wiki says...

[...] Although children of the Big Three often have to sit on their own anyways, it is expressly forbidden to sit at another god's table.
So probably invitations can't be a thing I guess.

Deathkeeper
2013-08-22, 01:01 PM
Yeah, although I don't know if it's against the rules for them to eat somewhere else. Probably not, it's just that eating on the ground can be uncomfortable. Unless you're a satyr and eating what's coming out of the ground itself is a viable option. :smalltongue:

Aric Kale
2013-08-22, 01:46 PM
@Aric: Colin can't be sitting next to Rick, since Colin's stated to be sitting at Hermes's table and Rick is an Ares camper... unless you mean that Colin's seat at the Hermes table is located near Rick's seat at Ares or something.
Spatial relations are not a thing I should think about right now. I'm reading Lovecraft. :smalltongue:

Brain fail. I forgot Rick was in Ares.

GrandDM
2013-08-22, 01:51 PM
You can't eat elsewhere, because food is served at the dining hall.

Unless you talk to the right guy in the Hermes cabin and get something smuggled in, of course.

And, Aric - it happens to all of us.

Felandria
2013-08-24, 02:49 PM
Just not to step on toes, Fel is coming to talk to Mr. D.

Do you want to join in, GrandDM, or can I run him myself?

GrandDM
2013-08-25, 07:49 AM
Just not to step on toes, Fel is coming to talk to Mr. D.

Do you want to join in, GrandDM, or can I run him myself?

Go ahead and do it yourself. I'm going to be bogged down catching up with all the Nexus stuff for a couple of days, so I'm trying to keep my workload down.

If it was any other point in time, I'd do it myself, but for now he's all yours.

I still call dibs on Chiron though :smallwink:

Aric Kale
2013-08-26, 08:47 AM
So, not sure if Fel is or isn't going to be a part of the quest, if not, I'd love to join.
either way, on the subject of teams for recruitment, I think Rick, Colin, and our friendly, neighborhood Lan would make an excellent team.

Hey, GDM, on the subject of the quest...
I don't feel like you should have two characters involved, considering there are rarely more than three (and extras tend to die)

Beans
2013-08-26, 08:51 AM
Not sure whether to suggest Carrie ("I want to prove myself as non-lame to my jerk dad!") or Neiz ("If a Hades kid is leading this, not a bad idea to bring a Styx kid too.") or neither.

Haleyintraining
2013-08-26, 09:00 AM
Is it alright if Simon is the counselor for the Apollo cabin? He's 17, same as Rick, but if someone wants to make an older Apollo kid I'd be okay with that.

EDIT - Additionally, his power is this prophetic poetry thing, so if you tell me who you want to end up on this quest, he can hand over a poem that prophesizes that those are the ones who should go, cutting down on some of the animosity and squabbles.

Felandria
2013-08-26, 09:15 AM
So, not sure if Fel is or isn't going to be a part of the quest, if not, I'd love to join.
either way, on the subject of teams for recruitment, I think Rick, Colin, and our friendly, neighborhood Lan would make an excellent team.

Hey, GDM, on the subject of the quest...
I don't feel like you should have two characters involved, considering there are rarely more than three (and extras tend to die)

Fel has every intention of going, her home is being threatened, she will protect it and everyone there with everything she has.

GrandDM
2013-08-26, 09:22 AM
Don't worry about group size, I've got that sorted. There are multiple quests within this plotline as I'm currently running it, so everyone will get stuff to do - and people might die, but don't worry about that either. I can't say more - spoilers are bad when you're running a big plot.

It's fine if Simon's Apollo councilor, but quest prophecies come from the Oracle. He can still have prophecy powers though.

For the main Tartarus group, I was thinking it would be bigger than usual - perhaps five demigods, plus Lan. That would be Rick, Carrie, Fel, Geoff (the Hades demigod) and Neiz, if I'm reading all the above correctly. I'll also run other quests (provide diversion, provide escape, gather intelligence etc.) based on how many people want into this.

Deathkeeper
2013-08-26, 09:23 AM
You could always make two teams for two separate but related goals.
And yes, as the Token Non-Human I'm expecting a spot.

Beans
2013-08-26, 09:25 AM
I don't think I should have both Neiz and Carrie in the same group; Carrie would probably be a better fit.

Felandria
2013-08-26, 09:26 AM
I don't think I should have both Neiz and Carrie in the same group; Carrie would probably be a better fit.

But Neiz would get to spend some time with Fel:smallsmile:

Beans
2013-08-26, 09:29 AM
Also true... arglebargle.
I support the idea of there being multiple strike teams or whatever.

Haleyintraining
2013-08-26, 09:32 AM
If there isn't a cap on the number of people going, I'd love to have one or both of my characters participate.

GrandDM
2013-08-26, 09:36 AM
I will accommodate for as many teams as are necessary. A visit to Tartarus is no small thing, so it will be easy for anyone who wants in to get in.

Does anybody have any suggestions for me? I always enjoy seeing what other people come up with.

Haleyintraining
2013-08-26, 09:47 AM
In that case, sign Simon and Anika up (although not in the same group, for obvious reasons).

Beans
2013-08-26, 09:48 AM
How closely will the auxiliary groups be working with the main group?
Either way, if they want Neiz, there's no better way to recruit her than to have Fel ask nicely. :smalltongue:

GrandDM
2013-08-26, 09:53 AM
Fairly closely - they'll be providing backup, drawing off some of the monsters etc.

It really depends on how you play it - I'm just here to run (apart from Rick and Geoff) the monsters and the scenery. What you do with them is up to you.

5a Violista
2013-08-26, 12:22 PM
Ooh, plot? I want to join in one of the smaller teams.

((Preferably Melissa joining in than Roxanne. Melissa's better against larger groups, and Roxanne is only good out of combat.))

Aric Kale
2013-08-26, 01:59 PM
GrandDM, you didn't address my point of having two characters in one questing party. I don't think it's a great idea.
And I also volunteer to be part of an auxiliary group, though Colin wouldn't be a great leader. (despite being strong in combat.)

Beans
2013-08-26, 02:01 PM
Again, I would prefer not to have two of my characters in the same group, so either Neiz or Carrie should be in one of the auxiliary groups.

AnimeKid
2013-08-26, 03:45 PM
I would like Yu and Kanji to participate. Kanji would work better with an auxiliary group. I would like to have Yu with ghe main group if there is enough room.

Oh and Violist? I just had an idea. Since I kinda wanted Yu to have one friend besides Kanji do you think that friend could be Melissa? With Truth Seeker he would probably be the one person she could tell the truth to without it sounding like a lie.

5a Violista
2013-08-26, 04:49 PM
Oh and Violist? I just had an idea. Since I kinda wanted Yu to have one friend besides Kanji do you think that friend could be Melissa? With Truth Seeker he would probably be the one person she could tell the truth to without it sounding like a lie.

That idea makes so much sense that I wish I had come up with it.

That would be a great idea. Melissa and Yu are now friends, mostly because she doesn't have to watch her words so much, so she can actually tell him how she really feels when she feels frustrated. (Her eye contact, though, is still guarded out of combat.)

In that case, it's very possible that Yu is one of the very few who know which God-parent is Melissa's. Though, she would appreciate it if he hasn't told anyone.

Edit: So let's decide here, OoC, who's in each auxiliary group?

I want Melissa in one, and probably Carrie will be moved to one of the two from the Main Group, and Simon and Anika will be in different ones, and Colin in one as well, and Kanji in one as well (with Yu possibly in the Main group? - if not, in a side-group), and...did I miss anyone?

That's 6 or 7 so far. How should we have the groups divided?

AnimeKid
2013-08-26, 05:26 PM
No worries about that. Yu wouldn't tell a soul her secret without her expressed permission.

Haleyintraining
2013-08-26, 05:27 PM
I think the goal was five demigods (+ Lan) in the main group, then two other groups of three. If Yu joins the main one, then we have six left-overs (Simon [3], Anika [4/5], Kanji [2], Carrie [3], Melissa [2] & Colin [2]), which works perfectly.

Maybe Carrie, Simon, and Kanji in one group, and Colin, Melissa, and Anika in the other, to balance out the power levels?

(Or we could always do a girls team and a boys team to throw in some friendly gender-based rivalry there.)

Beans
2013-08-26, 05:34 PM
I think that's a pretty good setup.

Deathkeeper
2013-08-26, 05:42 PM
Well, it would also put 2 Zeus and 2 Ares in the main group, and I don't know if there's a precedent for having multiple gods represented vs. doubling up.

Haleyintraining
2013-08-26, 05:51 PM
I think we're down to only one Ares since Carrie is swapping out, but you're right about the two Zeus kids. (Also, there'd be two Ares kids in auxiliary 1, so maybe that wouldn't be the best setup...)

Melissa, Colin, or Simon could take the main group without having double-ups (or Anika, but she'd probably be pretty useless unless Lan and Rick just wanted to be able to keep an eye on her).

The girl vs guy setup would work well (Anika, Melissa, and Carrie; Simon, Colin, and Kanji) for not having any double ups, and since there's no Zeus kids in either group, we could switch Yu with anyone without worrying about causing doubles (although on the other hand, Yu and Kanji probably shouldn't be in the same group).

AnimeKid
2013-08-26, 06:14 PM
I would rather them not be in the same group. Though I suppose I could live with it if it came down to that. I honestly didn't see the doubling up problem as that big of a deal. Mostly because while not a demigod in the original story Tyson was a son of Poseidon and they went on the quest even though they weren't technically invited.

Meh, I'll take whatever I'm given.

Aric Kale
2013-08-26, 08:57 PM
The Meeting

There's a knock on the door, then Colin walks in, leaning on his spear with blood dripping down his left arm. Hey...was in the forest...strange monsters...they're dead now. Ambrosia please? The battered lad falls over.

Not sure if this was missed or just ignored. If it's disruptive to the plot development let me know so I can delete it.

And I'm fine with whatever way we split the teams. Colin is possibly most comfortable with Ares kids anyways.

KerfuffleMach2
2013-08-26, 10:04 PM
I'd like to toss Rachel in, if there's an opening for one of the side group available still.

Being able to make enemies see their fears would be good for distraction purposes.

She wouldn't volunteer, but if one of the staff or counselors asked, she wouldn't say no.

AnimeKid
2013-08-27, 03:28 AM
Uh DM? Sorry if this sounds nickpicky but how is Rick in two places at once? The Dinner Hall scene with Melissa was happening at about the same time as the scene in the Arena.

GrandDM
2013-08-27, 04:09 AM
Uh DM? Sorry if this sounds nickpicky but how is Rick in two places at once? The Dinner Hall scene with Melissa was happening at about the same time as the scene in the Arena.

Plotclone. It basically amounts to "I'm in multiple places at the same time but that's OK because of the way time is really badly distorted in FFRP". Basically, it's just a handwave.

We're here to have fun, not observe all the details of reality. Just go with it. :smallwink:

Aric Kale
2013-08-27, 12:14 PM
Please, please, please! Don't skip me. I was gone less than four hours...
I'll try to catch up. But just wait a few minutes...

GrandDM
2013-08-28, 03:02 AM
Just had a thought.

I think that Rick would, at least to a limited extent, be immune to Melissa's everything-sounds-like-a-lie powers, because he can see through magical/divine-related illusions, which I think that power would come under.

What do you think, Mahroni?

5a Violista
2013-08-28, 01:36 PM
The way I see her power is half-illusion, half-not, mostly because if everyone started having magical ways around her powers, it would diminish the flair and awesomeness of those who get around it without supernatural help.

From what I've decided, the non-illusory part directly affects Melissa herself, making her own body react as if she were telling a lie - nervousness, wandering eyes, voice tonal shifts, body language, heightened pulse, etc - no more marked than any other lie she has said. The illusory half amplifies it to make it seem like an absolutely ridiculous lie, the biggest lie since the Trojan Horse. So if someone had a way to get around magics affecting them, but not a way to directly know the truth itself, then it would seem like she was lying, but it wouldn't sound like the ridiculous "Ha!-I-can't-even-believe-you-expect-me-to-believe-your-name-is-Melissa-even-though-it's-on-your-official-records" kind of lying.

Speaking of witches,

Who's waiting for whom for the ultra-important meeting to go on? I can't tell whose turn it is to go next.

Edit:
And
[Arena]
(([...]so annoyed there's no evil emote on this site...))
I believe you're looking for this one :smallamused: or this one :belkar: or this one :miko:

GrandDM
2013-08-29, 01:41 AM
Rick's in both groups of those. He figured out her mother is Eris, so he just ignores the automatic lie body language.

As for the meeting, I don't really know. I just respond to posts on a case-by-case basis. Last time I looked, we had the main group sorted but not the auxiliaries.

Haleyintraining
2013-08-29, 08:41 AM
With regards to the meeting, Simon had pointed out that there were two Ares kids in the main party and perhaps one should be switched, which was supposed to be an out for Carrie so that Beans wouldn't have two characters in the same party. But some other scenes were going on simultaneously, so it never got reacted upon.

5a Violista
2013-08-29, 12:23 PM
Main Group:
Rick - Ares [1/3] (GrandDM) <best at combat>
Felandria - Zeus [2] (Felandria) <size-shifting, combat, electricity & fire>
Lan - Satyr [2/3] (Lord Deathkeeper) <bow, staff, dagger, plant animation>
?Carrie - Ares [3] (Beans)
Geoff - Hades [2/1] (GrandDM) <Very strong powers>
Neiz - Styx [3] (Beans) <Social powers and defensive combat>

Auxiliary One:
?
?
?

Auxiliary Two:
?
?
?

Still need to be placed in a group:
Name - god [power] (player) <Notable powers>
Carrie - Ares [3] (Beans) <berserk, endurance, strength, and agility>
Rachel - Phobos [4/2] (Kerfuffle Mach 2) <Detection, Hallucination, self-healing>
Anika - Athena/Undiscovered [4/5] (Haley-in-Training) <Quick thinking/planning>
Melissa - Eris [2] (Mahonri Violist) <large-scale group control, misdirection, combat>
Simon - Apollo [3] (Haley-in-Training) <Archery, occasional helpful prophecy>
Colin - Boreas [2] (Aric Kale) <Wind manipulation, flight, combat>
Kanji - Ares [2] (AnimeKid) <strength, endurance, stamina, survival, resilience>
Yu - Zeus [2] (AnimeKid) <Electricity and Wind, stamina, truth-finding>

Of these not in a group yet, Kanji and Yu can't be in the same group, and Anika and Simon can't be in the same group. Kanji and Carrie probably shouldn't be in the same group.
Kanji and Carrie have similar powers (combat survival), as do Yu and Colin (wind).
So, let's decide now, OoC, how the groups will be filled, so that we don't have to spend five and a half pages debating IC. We've already had two or three suggestions...so let's vote on which suggestion we should do, as soon as someone can find them here in the OoC?

For the Meeting, here is what I understand everybody is waiting for:
Aric Kale is waiting for healing for his character, Colin. After that, I'm sure he'll be more amiable to answering questions about the monsters he fought.

Haley-in-Training's Simon is waiting for someone to tell him to switch Carrie out of the Main Group and into one of the Side Groups - and put someone else in. (So that Beans doesn't have 2 eggs in one basket).

The other thing that's being waited for is this:

[The Meeting]

"I believe that we have our main group, but not our support ones. We need to get those fully organised, and work out basic tactics - on a mission this big, we can't afford to charge in."
The basic tactics and support groups need to be figured out. The basic tactics can probably be glossed over for now IC, and only come up when they become relevant.

GrandDM
2013-08-29, 02:10 PM
I'm pretty sure I posted Chiron treating Colin.

For the missing slot in the main group, I would suggest Melissa. Her discord powers would help nicely with trying to get through the home of all monsters alive.

AnimeKid
2013-08-29, 02:38 PM
Actually Melissa's powers seem more effective against humans/humanoids than it would most monsters. While some of them are intelligent you still have things like hydra's, hell's hounds, the minotaur, etc. Since we don't want any doubling up of demigods from the same parent I will retract my request for Yu to join the main group. I would suggest Colin since Rick has good teamwork with him and his ability to fly would be useful.

ImpSyndrome
2013-09-09, 12:30 PM
Hello everyone. I wanted to join this scenario, so I created a character on the appropriate thread, but I want to ask a couple questions before I get him started.

1: I noticed that the demigod characters in the character index are mostly in the age range of high-schoolers. Would it be acceptable to create a character slightly outside of that range, or should I adjust his age to conform to the scenario?

2: It seems that some event is taking place, one into which I could not simply drop my character. Should I wait to introduce him, or is someone available outside that event to help get him started?

Felandria
2013-09-09, 12:36 PM
Hello everyone. I wanted to join this scenario, so I created a character on the appropriate thread, but I want to ask a couple questions before I get him started.

1: I noticed that the demigod characters in the character index are mostly in the age range of high-schoolers. Would it be acceptable to create a character slightly outside of that range, or should I adjust his age to conform to the scenario?

2: It seems that some event is taking place, one into which I could not simply drop my character. Should I wait to introduce him, or is someone available outside that event to help get him started?

If you wanna go a bit older, you'd basically be a head of a cabin, like Felandria.

So if the god you're attached to doesn't have a head of the cabin, I suppose you could do that.

ImpSyndrome
2013-09-09, 01:00 PM
If you wanna go a bit older, you'd basically be a head of a cabin, like Felandria.

So if the god you're attached to doesn't have a head of the cabin, I suppose you could do that.
Ah, gotcha...I suppose I could make that work, although it'd still require a change or two to his profile. What exactly does being a head of cabin entail, though?

Felandria
2013-09-09, 01:18 PM
Not much, you'll just make sure your character keeps an eye on the rest of your cabin.

ImpSyndrome
2013-09-09, 04:29 PM
Not much, you'll just make sure your character keeps an eye on the rest of your cabin.
OK, thanks very much for the information. I've updated my character's profile to fit the cabin head position, and I also added a couple equipment items and an ability. Hopefully, I haven't taken too many liberties or upset the power balance; I figured they would make sense, since his story now includes a few years spent in the camp.

I guess all that's left now is to find a way to bring this character into the camp. I was thinking that he could be returning from a trip of some sort to gather raw materials, since he's a metalsmith and all. How does that sound?

Oh yeah, I guess I could link to the post with his profile. It can be found here. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=15972745&postcount=15)

Felandria
2013-09-09, 04:47 PM
I see nothing wrong with it.

ImpSyndrome
2013-09-11, 08:51 AM
Finished my character's profile and introduced him to the IC thread. Thanks to Felandria for helping me get set up.

Not to be too hasty, but it looks like it's been a few days since the last post (not counting mine, that is)...Should I expand on my intro post to make a response more manageable, or is everyone just busy at the moment?

GrandDM
2013-09-11, 10:32 AM
I was waiting for a response on my last post. I'll drop into the IC thread directly and make a response.

ImpSyndrome
2013-09-13, 02:19 PM
Posting seems a bit intermittent lately. Perhaps I can help by playing the role of a monster or two for the demigods to battle. What manner of creature would serve as a decent opponent for willing combatants?

Aric Kale
2013-09-13, 03:09 PM
hell hounds are nice. I was noticing a lack of response.

5a Violista
2013-09-13, 08:40 PM
Any normal monster from Greek Mythology sounds cool: snake-people, crazed creatures, bird-things, whatever.

Melissa's willing, by the way.

ImpSyndrome
2013-09-14, 09:08 AM
OK, I'll set up a couple monsters for those two to battle. But before I do, know that I'll scale each monster's abilities according to their opponent's power level. They won't be exactly as powerful, but I won't send cannon fodder to attack an experienced combatant; they'll know well enough to step back and let a hard-hitter take them on. Let me know if you have any objections to this. Otherwise, I'll start planning my attack, heh.

GrandDM
2013-09-14, 12:50 PM
OK, I'll set up a couple monsters for those two to battle. But before I do, know that I'll scale each monster's abilities according to their opponent's power level. They won't be exactly as powerful, but I won't send cannon fodder to attack an experienced combatant; they'll know well enough to step back and let a hard-hitter take them on. Let me know if you have any objections to this. Otherwise, I'll start planning my attack, heh.

I'd like to point out that you should have asked permission from either me or Fel (as the CHB mods) to take control of some monsters. (Permission given, but please ask next time).

ImpSyndrome
2013-09-14, 08:05 PM
I'd like to point out that you should have asked permission from either me or Fel (as the CHB mods) to take control of some monsters. (Permission given, but please ask next time).
Ah, sorry about that, my mistake. Hopefully, no harm done, since I haven't actually posted anything yet, but I will keep that in mind for similar situations in the future.

GrandDM
2013-09-15, 02:05 AM
Ah, sorry about that, my mistake. Hopefully, no harm done, since I haven't actually posted anything yet, but I will keep that in mind for similar situations in the future.

It's fine, but I just wanted to make the point that monsters are not generally available and are usually under my control (as the Myth Mod), but go right ahead and throw something at me. I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

ImpSyndrome
2013-09-16, 04:36 PM
Alright, the monster situation is getting tense again, courtesy of yours truly. I'll try to balance each post to keep the fights engaging and interesting, but if anyone wants to cut their bout short or steer toward a certain event/outcome, just shoot me a PM.

@GDM: I'm terribly sorry that I haven't engaged Rick in a monster fight yet; I've been having trouble coming up with an opponent (or opponents) that would make a good challenge for him and the others with him. Plus, I have another idea that I want to try and work into that fight; I'll send you a PM about it later.

Felandria
2013-09-21, 02:58 AM
Just finished the last part of Fel's backstory, hoping for some feedback.

GrandDM
2013-09-21, 03:07 AM
Just finished the last part of Fel's backstory, hoping for some feedback.

They're really good. Nice writing.

Beans
2013-09-21, 12:07 PM
Speaking of backstory, I just put this up on Carrie's profile.
I am tiny and everything is warm and fuzzy, a cottony wooly haze. I see Mama and she is beautiful like the sun I haven't even discovered yet. She defines everything I can conceive of.
I see another person. This person is not Mama, but I heard this voice when I was floating in the warm dark sea before. He holds me and I touch his face. He has shiny black things where Mama has an eye and her other thing, and his face is rough instead of smooth. He feels funny, I laugh, my tiny round hand knocks the black things from his face. He has two eyes while Mama has one eye and one not-eye. Mama's eyes are white with brown in the middle and black at the centers. His eyes are black with hot red at the center. I stare, not understanding but not afraid. Now he laughs, Mama laughs, we all laugh.
---
I am small, three years old, and I know so much more now. My mom is the coolest lady in the world, even if every other child's mom is bigger than her. She is strong and kind and warm and she wears an eyepatch. Sometimes I see her with it off and there is just an empty hole. Sometimes she hides things in it and takes them out, and it's like magic to other kids. But I smile because I know where she hides the little rubber ball that seems to appear from nowhere.
Other kids have a dad, but I have never seen mine. Mom has no pictures of him, and when I ask she tells me he was a very strong man and I might see him again someday.
I hope so.
---
I am six and things have changed. I feel shy so often around other kids, but I have some friends. Some kids are mean to me and I don't understand why. Erica tells me it is because they feel bad, so they put others down to feel better.
Erica is my mom's best friend. Mom is short and red-haired and loud and full of energy, and Erica is tall and blonde and quiet and calm. She's always with Mom, but that doesn't bother me because I like her a lot. Mom seems happier with her here, and I smile when I see her napping with her head on Erica's chest or pretending to be mad at Erica being so much taller. Sometimes Mom is busy and can't help me with things, but Erica comes and helps me with my homework or plays with me or picks me up from school.
Once or twice I think I've seen them kiss, but I don't think much of it, not yet. I'm okay and I'm happy.
---
I am nine and things are getting really confusing. Sometimes I look at other girls and feel strange, nervous, full of butterflies. There's a thirteen-year-old girl down the street with wavy brown hair the color of autumn chestnuts and I feel funny when I look at her. I ask my friend Tammi if she understands and she tells me she sometimes feels that way about boys, but not girls.
I come home and ask Mom and Erica about it and they tell me that there are girls who like boys, girls who like girls, girls who like both, girls who like neither. Mom likes both, Erica likes girls. Now things make more sense, and I ask them if they like each other. They blush and look at each other and then nod, and I smile and hug them.
I'm still shy, and I still get bullied. I just feel so powerless and small, and the girl who bullies me most is pretty. It's confusing and upsetting and I wish she were nice or not as pretty.
---
I am eleven and things have happened so much. I've been in a couple small fights and I have a few little scars, though I never start the fighting. Mom and Erica say I should try not to, but Mom looks worried and sighs and says I get it from my dad (he sent me a birthday card once).
I have fallen in love a few times. My friend Janie was first (I kissed her and she said no thanks, so we rode our bikes instead), then the brown-haired girl down the street (I was too shy to say anything), then a pretty older girl at the library (who I asked to be my girlfriend and she said I was nice but not old enough to date a girl twenty-five years old).
The biggest thing is that I have two moms now! Erica and Mom got married six months ago and it was one of the happiest days ever! Erica was in a pretty cream-colored dress and Mom was in a tux (Erica could never hope to fit into a tux with her chest, Mom says) and everything was so amazing. There was cake and dancing and I was the ringbearer. A bridesmaid told me I looked pretty and kissed the top of my head, and my whole face felt hot.
Mom and Erica spent a week alone in Iceland for their honeymoon. I stayed with Tammi that week, which was like a sleepover over and over, and when Mom and Erica came back they had so many pictures to show me. Iceland is pretty green and beautiful for a place called, um, Iceland.
---
I am twelve and things are a little scary now. I am just arriving at a place called Camp Half-Blood.
Mom says the reason I never really knew Dad is because he wasn't a normal man, he was a god. A Greek god, Ares---and because of that I have to go to this camp to be safe.
I've gotten more scars by now, and I feel scared and self-concsious here... but things make sense now, I guess, in a way. I always loved Greek mythology, and here it is being real!
An older boy, a satyr, leads me up to the Big House. A centaur, Mr. Chiron, talks to me and explains what's going on, where this is, what I'm going to do. They can tell that I'm Ares's child---Mr. D mutters something about not fitting the mold, but Chiron interrupts to tell me that whenever I need help and guidance, he and the other campers are always here for me. He feels more like a father than my actual father does---or maybe like an uncle or grandfather, wise and calm. He says Felandria will be showing me around, and in walks in the prettiest girl I have ever seen.
Felandria is so tall and beautiful, seventeen years old and a daughter of Zeus; my knees feel weak and my hands sweat and I stumble over my words. She puts an arm around my shoulder and calls me 'hon' and shows me everywhere in Camp, the rock wall and the arena and the forge, the lake and the pavilion and the forest. I try to remember, to take the information in, but I'm busy falling and tripping and tumbling in love with this girl. Finally she shows me to the Ares cabin and I go inside this rough-looking, hard-edged place that smells like old pennies and dry blood.
I ask if this bunk on the girls' side is taken, shyly and quietly and stammering a little, and they laugh at me. My half-brothers and sisters laugh, ask me if I'm really an Ares kid. I stare at my feet and don't say anything, but a tan boy in nothing but shorts sits down right next to me and puts his arm around my shoulders. I jump a little, but he smiles and tells me his name is Rick, calls me 'sis', says not to listen to them. I lean against my big brother and he ruffles my hair, pinches my skinny arm, tells me we have to work on those muscles. "Guys respect a fit, lithe girl," he tells me, "besides the obvious combat necessity of being in shape."
"But... but I-I like girls."
He shrugs, standing and helping me up. "Girls might like fit girls more than guys do, I'unno."
I laugh, I feel so much safer with Rick, my big brother, even in this cabin of callouses and scraped knuckles.
---
I am fourteen and things have changed and stayed the same.
When I was twelve, a fight happened and I was in the middle of it. I got cut and hurt all over, and I have so many more scars now because of it. I feel like I got involved to prove to Dad that I'm not a bad daughter, and he gave me a gift for it.
I woke up in the infirmary with a big sheathed sword on my bed and a note. It said this was mine now, mine to prove myself with if I really had the stuff. It won't come unsheathed, but that's okay---I've learned to use it like a polearm, sort of, hit with the hilt, hold the scabbard.
I'm still so shy around my siblings and people I don't know, especially pretty girls. I have another brother that I feel safe with, though, a year younger than me (but he's really tall!) called Kanji. He and Rick are the only Ares kids that really feel like family to me, and I love them like I've known them all my life... but...
Sometimes I get so jealous of Rick. He's so strong and fast and cool and experienced and I feel so inadequate next to him. I tamp down the bubbling envy and it builds up and goes sour and I feel so sick of him. Kanji is so cool too, but for some reason I don't get the same flashes of resentment and jealousy---I guess it's because I can see hints of a side he doesn't want to show anyone. I know he's sensitive inside too, perhaps that's why.
I keep falling for girls and it's honestly getting really tiresome---the few I work up the guts to admit it to always aren't interested. I still feel nervous around Felandria, but I don't think I'll ever be able to tell her.
My mothers are happy to know I'm safe at camp and they tell me how much they love me all the time. I try to hide the bad parts from them as much as I can so they can stay happier.
---
I am fifteen and things are getting a little better.
Kanji and Rick and some others have been helping me train, and it shows---most girls don't get the same muscular bulk that guys do, but I can tell I'm a lot more fit now! I'm still thin and bony and I have the womanly curves of a dowel rod, but at least I'm a thin and bony girl that doesn't get tired as fast.
I'm a pretty good fighter with Laudanum, even if most of my siblings say I'm lame. I can hold my own now!
I'm still single as all hell and not good with the ladies, but I kissed one of the Demeter girls once---that's something, I think. A weird-pretty girl named Neiz hit on me for a few days, but Rick told her off---he told me she's not really interested in people she flirts with, she just wants to get something from them.
I still get jealous of Rick, though I know it's not like he's intentionally trying to show me up---things are just this way, it seems.
I am Caroline Joy Andrews, daughter of Ares.

GrandDM
2013-09-22, 01:54 AM
Speaking of backstory, I just put this up on Carrie's profile.
I am tiny and everything is warm and fuzzy, a cottony wooly haze. I see Mama and she is beautiful like the sun I haven't even discovered yet. She defines everything I can conceive of.
I see another person. This person is not Mama, but I heard this voice when I was floating in the warm dark sea before. He holds me and I touch his face. He has shiny black things where Mama has an eye and her other thing, and his face is rough instead of smooth. He feels funny, I laugh, my tiny round hand knocks the black things from his face. He has two eyes while Mama has one eye and one not-eye. Mama's eyes are white with brown in the middle and black at the centers. His eyes are black with hot red at the center. I stare, not understanding but not afraid. Now he laughs, Mama laughs, we all laugh.
---
I am small, three years old, and I know so much more now. My mom is the coolest lady in the world, even if every other child's mom is bigger than her. She is strong and kind and warm and she wears an eyepatch. Sometimes I see her with it off and there is just an empty hole. Sometimes she hides things in it and takes them out, and it's like magic to other kids. But I smile because I know where she hides the little rubber ball that seems to appear from nowhere.
Other kids have a dad, but I have never seen mine. Mom has no pictures of him, and when I ask she tells me he was a very strong man and I might see him again someday.
I hope so.
---
I am six and things have changed. I feel shy so often around other kids, but I have some friends. Some kids are mean to me and I don't understand why. Erica tells me it is because they feel bad, so they put others down to feel better.
Erica is my mom's best friend. Mom is short and red-haired and loud and full of energy, and Erica is tall and blonde and quiet and calm. She's always with Mom, but that doesn't bother me because I like her a lot. Mom seems happier with her here, and I smile when I see her napping with her head on Erica's chest or pretending to be mad at Erica being so much taller. Sometimes Mom is busy and can't help me with things, but Erica comes and helps me with my homework or plays with me or picks me up from school.
Once or twice I think I've seen them kiss, but I don't think much of it, not yet. I'm okay and I'm happy.
---
I am nine and things are getting really confusing. Sometimes I look at other girls and feel strange, nervous, full of butterflies. There's a thirteen-year-old girl down the street with wavy brown hair the color of autumn chestnuts and I feel funny when I look at her. I ask my friend Tammi if she understands and she tells me she sometimes feels that way about boys, but not girls.
I come home and ask Mom and Erica about it and they tell me that there are girls who like boys, girls who like girls, girls who like both, girls who like neither. Mom likes both, Erica likes girls. Now things make more sense, and I ask them if they like each other. They blush and look at each other and then nod, and I smile and hug them.
I'm still shy, and I still get bullied. I just feel so powerless and small, and the girl who bullies me most is pretty. It's confusing and upsetting and I wish she were nice or not as pretty.
---
I am eleven and things have happened so much. I've been in a couple small fights and I have a few little scars, though I never start the fighting. Mom and Erica say I should try not to, but Mom looks worried and sighs and says I get it from my dad (he sent me a birthday card once).
I have fallen in love a few times. My friend Janie was first (I kissed her and she said no thanks, so we rode our bikes instead), then the brown-haired girl down the street (I was too shy to say anything), then a pretty older girl at the library (who I asked to be my girlfriend and she said I was nice but not old enough to date a girl twenty-five years old).
The biggest thing is that I have two moms now! Erica and Mom got married six months ago and it was one of the happiest days ever! Erica was in a pretty cream-colored dress and Mom was in a tux (Erica could never hope to fit into a tux with her chest, Mom says) and everything was so amazing. There was cake and dancing and I was the ringbearer. A bridesmaid told me I looked pretty and kissed the top of my head, and my whole face felt hot.
Mom and Erica spent a week alone in Iceland for their honeymoon. I stayed with Tammi that week, which was like a sleepover over and over, and when Mom and Erica came back they had so many pictures to show me. Iceland is pretty green and beautiful for a place called, um, Iceland.
---
I am twelve and things are a little scary now. I am just arriving at a place called Camp Half-Blood.
Mom says the reason I never really knew Dad is because he wasn't a normal man, he was a god. A Greek god, Ares---and because of that I have to go to this camp to be safe.
I've gotten more scars by now, and I feel scared and self-concsious here... but things make sense now, I guess, in a way. I always loved Greek mythology, and here it is being real!
An older boy, a satyr, leads me up to the Big House. A centaur, Mr. Chiron, talks to me and explains what's going on, where this is, what I'm going to do. They can tell that I'm Ares's child---Mr. D mutters something about not fitting the mold, but Chiron interrupts to tell me that whenever I need help and guidance, he and the other campers are always here for me. He feels more like a father than my actual father does---or maybe like an uncle or grandfather, wise and calm. He says Felandria will be showing me around, and in walks in the prettiest girl I have ever seen.
Felandria is so tall and beautiful, seventeen years old and a daughter of Zeus; my knees feel weak and my hands sweat and I stumble over my words. She puts an arm around my shoulder and calls me 'hon' and shows me everywhere in Camp, the rock wall and the arena and the forge, the lake and the pavilion and the forest. I try to remember, to take the information in, but I'm busy falling and tripping and tumbling in love with this girl. Finally she shows me to the Ares cabin and I go inside this rough-looking, hard-edged place that smells like old pennies and dry blood.
I ask if this bunk on the girls' side is taken, shyly and quietly and stammering a little, and they laugh at me. My half-brothers and sisters laugh, ask me if I'm really an Ares kid. I stare at my feet and don't say anything, but a tan boy in nothing but shorts sits down right next to me and puts his arm around my shoulders. I jump a little, but he smiles and tells me his name is Rick, calls me 'sis', says not to listen to them. I lean against my big brother and he ruffles my hair, pinches my skinny arm, tells me we have to work on those muscles. "Guys respect a fit, lithe girl," he tells me, "besides the obvious combat necessity of being in shape."
"But... but I-I like girls."
He shrugs, standing and helping me up. "Girls might like fit girls more than guys do, I'unno."
I laugh, I feel so much safer with Rick, my big brother, even in this cabin of callouses and scraped knuckles.
---
I am fourteen and things have changed and stayed the same.
When I was twelve, a fight happened and I was in the middle of it. I got cut and hurt all over, and I have so many more scars now because of it. I feel like I got involved to prove to Dad that I'm not a bad daughter, and he gave me a gift for it.
I woke up in the infirmary with a big sheathed sword on my bed and a note. It said this was mine now, mine to prove myself with if I really had the stuff. It won't come unsheathed, but that's okay---I've learned to use it like a polearm, sort of, hit with the hilt, hold the scabbard.
I'm still so shy around my siblings and people I don't know, especially pretty girls. I have another brother that I feel safe with, though, a year younger than me (but he's really tall!) called Kanji. He and Rick are the only Ares kids that really feel like family to me, and I love them like I've known them all my life... but...
Sometimes I get so jealous of Rick. He's so strong and fast and cool and experienced and I feel so inadequate next to him. I tamp down the bubbling envy and it builds up and goes sour and I feel so sick of him. Kanji is so cool too, but for some reason I don't get the same flashes of resentment and jealousy---I guess it's because I can see hints of a side he doesn't want to show anyone. I know he's sensitive inside too, perhaps that's why.
I keep falling for girls and it's honestly getting really tiresome---the few I work up the guts to admit it to always aren't interested. I still feel nervous around Felandria, but I don't think I'll ever be able to tell her.
My mothers are happy to know I'm safe at camp and they tell me how much they love me all the time. I try to hide the bad parts from them as much as I can so they can stay happier.
---
I am fifteen and things are getting a little better.
Kanji and Rick and some others have been helping me train, and it shows---most girls don't get the same muscular bulk that guys do, but I can tell I'm a lot more fit now! I'm still thin and bony and I have the womanly curves of a dowel rod, but at least I'm a thin and bony girl that doesn't get tired as fast.
I'm a pretty good fighter with Laudanum, even if most of my siblings say I'm lame. I can hold my own now!
I'm still single as all hell and not good with the ladies, but I kissed one of the Demeter girls once---that's something, I think. A weird-pretty girl named Neiz hit on me for a few days, but Rick told her off---he told me she's not really interested in people she flirts with, she just wants to get something from them.
I still get jealous of Rick, though I know it's not like he's intentionally trying to show me up---things are just this way, it seems.
I am Caroline Joy Andrews, daughter of Ares.

Nice. Not sure I'd ever have had Rick say some of that stuff, though :smalltongue:.

Deathkeeper
2013-09-22, 02:39 AM
So guys, I realize I've vanished for a while, and that was mostly because I couldn't really find Lan anything to do that seemed appropriate since all you human people were doing human things and what have you. So anyway if anyone feels like doing a scene or something I'm still here. Although maybe not now because it's like three am.

ImpSyndrome
2013-09-23, 12:08 PM
I realize that Rick and the others are experienced fighters, so I'm asking permission here before I do anything else: how much of a challenge do you all want out of the two undergrounder weirdos? I wanted to make this encounter a tough one, but if you'd rather just get it over with, I can work with that too. Just tell me how you'd prefer to handle this.

GrandDM
2013-09-23, 12:11 PM
A bit of a challenge would be nice. It's no fun if you can just hack through absolutely everything, and we've got a master warrior, two children of Zeus and a child of Hades here, so they're going to need to be pretty tough.

Aric Kale
2013-09-23, 12:16 PM
So guys, I realize I've vanished for a while, and that was mostly because I couldn't really find Lan anything to do that seemed appropriate since all you human people were doing human things and what have you. So anyway if anyone feels like doing a scene or something I'm still here. Although maybe not now because it's like three am.

Colin has finished his fight scene, so if Lan were to find him on top of the hill that'd be fine.
I'm gonna try not to vanish, right now I'm limiting my RP time, to fit in everything

5a Violista
2013-09-27, 09:32 PM
Speaking of characters who aren't doing anything right now, is there anyone who wants to talk to the bleeding and exhausted Melissa? Where should I send her?

ImpSyndrome
2013-10-01, 08:49 AM
I don't want anyone to be left out of the fight with the undergrounders, but things are starting to slow down. Since it appears that the campers have paired off against them, I'll post a response once both members of a pair have had a chance to act. Still, I don't want to drag this out too long and keep the plot from moving forward, so I'll let you all decide how to proceed: should the undergrounders be able to overpower the demi-gods, or should they be at a disadvantage being outnumbered two-to-one?

AnimeKid
2013-10-01, 08:59 AM
I was trying to wait for Felandria. Not sure where her player is. As for how the battle should turn out, I think the numbers advantage gives them just enough manpower to churn out a win.

ImpSyndrome
2013-10-01, 09:08 AM
I was trying to wait for Felandria. Not sure where her player is. As for how the battle should turn out, I think the numbers advantage gives them just enough manpower to churn out a win.
I believe Fel is still towering over the battleground. Drehmel was close by, but that's probably a given considering her stature.

Felandria
2013-10-01, 01:29 PM
I believe Fel is still towering over the battleground. Drehmel was close by, but that's probably a given considering her stature.

I didn't think it was my turn.

Also, how big is a cyclops?

GrandDM
2013-10-01, 01:32 PM
Ten feet fully grown, on average.

ImpSyndrome
2013-10-01, 02:12 PM
@Fel: In that case, would you rather I err on the side of consistency and wait until all four combatants have acted to move ahead with the invaders?

Also, just to make sure we're clear, the undergrounders (whose race remains unnamed unless they survive for another encounter later) both stand at about 6' 3": not much taller than your average full-grown human.

Arkhosia
2013-10-01, 02:15 PM
Celica Harrow

Daughter Of: Eris

Appearance: Celica is of average height and weight, with brilliant hazel eyes, short maroon hair, and Caucasian skin. She wears a black coat and military boots, with dark jeans and a camp half blood shirt.
Personality: Celica is rather reckless and passionate on the surface, but is actually cunning and very perceptive. She prefers to cause controlled chaos, keeping her opponents guessing and still have the tactical advantage.

Power level: probably 6-7.

Abilities
Celica can teleport short distances and can manifest fire on objects.

Equipment:
Rimefire
Twin shortswords with red and cyan details. They transform into steel bracelets.

What do you guys think?

Beans
2013-10-01, 02:16 PM
I don't feel the powers match up to her heritage---what does Eris have to do with pyrokinesis and teleportation?

GrandDM
2013-10-01, 02:19 PM
Not bad. Unusual to have two children of such a minor goddess, but that doesn't matter.

I think you fluffed the power level bit - five is appalling, six to seven is chart-topping, team-killing, monster-aiding uselessness. I'd give her a high three for powers, given teleportation and fire-summoning.

Plus what Beans said.

Arkhosia
2013-10-01, 02:23 PM
Not bad. Unusual to have two children of such a minor goddess, but that doesn't matter.

I think you fluffed the power level bit - five is appalling, six to seven is chart-topping, team-killing, monster-aiding uselessness. I'd give her a high three for powers, given teleportation and fire-summoning.

Plus what Beans said.

Oh. I'm used to higher #= better.
Maybe remove teleport?
Pyrokinetics was due to fire being a very chaotic and unpredictable element.

GrandDM
2013-10-01, 02:26 PM
I went with 1 is like 1st place in a race, which is best. Also, if you were thinking higher is better, you seriously need to depower your character.

I can see where you're coming from with the pyrokinetics. Personally I don't really mind. I think that as long as you're enjoying yourself, it doesn't matter if you're religiously sticking to canon (as long as you recognize it).

Beans
2013-10-01, 02:29 PM
That's a pretty tenuous connection for fire, to be honest, but I don't think I can actually stop you. :I

Arkhosia
2013-10-01, 02:34 PM
That's a pretty tenuous connection for fire, to be honest, but I don't think I can actually stop you. :I

Well, the only other idea I could think of was influencing emotions to anger and conflict, and I don't think that would have sat very well.

Beans
2013-10-01, 02:46 PM
We actually already have at least one person with social/psychological powers (also Eris's kid), so I wouldn't worry about people not liking those sorts of abilities.

Arkhosia
2013-10-01, 02:54 PM
We actually already have at least one person with social/psychological powers (also Eris's kid), so I wouldn't worry about people not liking those sorts of abilities.

Oh. So, Celica's powers could be being able to influence emotions then?

Beans
2013-10-01, 02:58 PM
If handled properly---i.e. avoiding overpower and godmodding---I see no reason why not, and indeed it would probably be more fitting considering her heritage.

Arkhosia
2013-10-01, 03:00 PM
Celica Harrow

Daughter Of: Eris

Appearance: Celica is of average height and weight, with brilliant hazel eyes, short maroon hair, and Caucasian skin. She wears a black coat and military boots, with dark jeans and a camp half blood shirt.
Personality: Celica is rather reckless and passionate on the surface, but is actually cunning and very perceptive. She prefers to cause controlled chaos, keeping her opponents guessing and still have the tactical advantage.

Power level: probably 4

Abilities
Celica can influence emotions.

Equipment:
Rimefire
Twin shortswords with red and cyan details. They transform into steel bracelets.

How's it now?

Aric Kale
2013-10-01, 04:34 PM
Better, but the power levels are 5-1
you are about a three. and we do both combat and power ranking. Colin is 2 for powers and 3 for combat.

Arkhosia
2013-10-01, 04:37 PM
Combat ranking would be 4-5, as her only combat weapons are swords and she has no skills that aid them.

Are there any places I could introduce Celica?
By the way, a cookie for you if you can guess what her first name means.

5a Violista
2013-10-01, 07:18 PM
If you'd prefer, you could have Celica find her wounded sister, Melissa. She's leaning against a wall or a tree or something, out away from most everyone else. It could be that she had followed my character out.
Edit: Oh, wait: someone else just found her.

((A combat ranking of 4 or 5 would make her "Weak" or "Very Weak", meaning she loses the majority of the battles she's in against an average demigod. Which makes sense, given her age.))

Arkhosia
2013-10-01, 07:27 PM
Posted!
((Also, usually emotion manipulation won't cause significant damage))

Aric Kale
2013-10-01, 09:03 PM
Ark, you skipped me. please delete that last post.
the order would be: Melissa, Colin, Celica

Arkhosia
2013-10-02, 06:12 AM
Ark, you skipped me. please delete that last post.
the order would be: Melissa, Colin, Celica

Sorry. Mind if I wait for Mahroni's next post? Just worried about someone mistaking it for a bump-post

Edit: deleted. Was waiting for someone else to post

Felandria
2013-10-05, 08:46 PM
So apparently, I'm falling in a hole.

How deep is hole?

ImpSyndrome
2013-10-05, 09:35 PM
So apparently, I'm falling in a hole.

How deep is hole?
Not really falling; the burrowers haven't had time to make much of a hole, only to cause it to sink a bit beneath her. Their goal isn't to bury Fel, they're just trying to put her off-balance to create an opening for a surprise attack. Whether she stumbles as they planned or steps out of the unstable area unaffected is up to you.

ImpSyndrome
2013-10-10, 08:32 AM
Is double posting OK if it's been days between the two posts?

Anyway, I'd like to *poke* AnimeKid to the IC thread. Yu hasn't had an action recently, and considering all the antics going on, he should be allowed to catch up before I make my next post for the attackers.

GrandDM
2013-10-10, 10:28 AM
Is double posting OK if it's been days between the two posts?

Anyway, I'd like to *poke* AnimeKid to the IC thread. Yu hasn't had an action recently, and considering all the antics going on, he should be allowed to catch up before I make my next post for the attackers.

Poke the others involved in the scene first. Double-posting is considered bad form and should be avoided wherever possible, so try and explore all other options.

ImpSyndrome
2013-10-10, 10:32 AM
What other options are there? Editing my last post wouldn't have the same attention drawn to the message I wanted to send...

Anyway, in regards to your answer: I'm a bit confused...Why would I poke the others first?

GrandDM
2013-10-10, 10:35 AM
In general, double-posting will happen when there are no responses to the most recent posts in a given thread. Poking those involved in the scene or conversation can remind them to respond.

ImpSyndrome
2013-10-10, 10:39 AM
In general, double-posting will happen when there are no responses to the most recent posts in a given thread. Poking those involved in the scene or conversation can remind them to respond.
Well, yes, I knew that, but why would I poke the others first instead of the person who could use the poke more? It just sounds counter-intuitive...

Just realized: I could have sent a PM...*facepalm*

5a Violista
2013-10-21, 06:05 PM
*gives a poke in the back to Aric Kale*
Are you going you have Colin say something to either Melissa or Rick, or would you just prefer Melissa straight responding to Rick's poke while Colin looks on in amusement?

Aric Kale
2013-10-21, 06:52 PM
My bad, I forgot to post...

5a Violista
2013-10-21, 06:57 PM
Well, it equally happens to the best and the worst of us.

The second-best of us, too, incidentally. However, I can assure you that it never happens to the third-best, but with the fourth-best of us, then all bets are in the air.

So, no problem.

Sabeki
2013-10-22, 12:32 AM
Just put in a character on the recruit thread. So, um... Hi! :smallredface:

Deathkeeper
2013-10-22, 12:36 AM
Hiya, feel free to stick your character somewhere. My satyr hasn't been doing anything if you'd like a basic scene.

Sabeki
2013-10-22, 12:43 AM
Cool, thanks! Is there anything I have to wait for, or can I just dive in?

Deathkeeper
2013-10-22, 12:45 AM
Well, you should know that there was a battle recently by a number of invading monsters, but other than the lack of paradise that's about it.

Aric Kale
2013-10-22, 05:35 PM
Sabeki, as to your question, I believe we are trying to stear clear of any character references that aren't directly related to Greek Mythology.
No Percy, Annabeth, or Grover.

And Arkhosia, please put quotes in spoilers if they are larger than your post. And respect posting order.

Sabeki
2013-10-22, 06:48 PM
I just thought we were at the poi t where the minor gods had cabins.

Sabeki
2013-10-25, 09:37 AM
Apologies for double post, but would anybody be willing to RP Mr. D? I need to report to him what a failure the mission was.
The Mission: I was supposed to go to Cuba to retrieve Pnadoras Pithos, the box holding all the misery in the world. Unfortunately, one of the *insert villain of the time here* had a set of cyclopses and a manticore defending it. After barely taking out the Cyclopes', the Manticore than ate the box. It was a stupid manticore. After slashing it, the Pithos went with it, and now Pandoras Box is in the hands if the enemy.
So, yeah.

GrandDM
2013-10-25, 10:41 AM
That would be my cue. I will do so if you provide the opening post.

ImpSyndrome
2013-10-25, 12:53 PM
*twitch* Forum ate my freaking post...I don't think I'll get it finished in time to post before my lunch break is over. Sorry, MV...I'll try to get it typed up again tonight some time.

Arkhosia
2013-10-25, 02:02 PM
...Imp, are you writing your posts with bacon grease again? :smalltongue:

ImpSyndrome
2013-10-25, 03:10 PM
...Imp, are you writing your posts with bacon grease again? :smalltongue:
I don't believe so, but I'm beginning to suspect that they're being laced with cheese fries while I'm not looking...*glares at the Internet gnomes*

5a Violista
2013-10-26, 12:09 AM
Okay, sounds like a plan.

I can't wait until plots get rolling again. :pleasedsmiley:

Sabeki
2013-10-26, 11:19 AM
Wait, you can post in bacon grease? WHY DID YOU NOT TELL ME THIS.
Also, I have set a little bit of plot rolling! Yay!

ImpSyndrome
2013-10-26, 01:54 PM
Because, dear friend, it entices the forum to eat said posts, as described previously. You don't want your posts to be eaten, do you?

Also, I've been utterly exhausted today, but I'll try to type up that post I had intended yesterday.

GrandDM
2013-10-27, 01:29 AM
Also, I've been utterly exhausted today, but I'll try to type up that post I had intended yesterday.

I know the feeling. Hope you feel better soon.

Felandria
2013-10-27, 11:44 AM
Meanwhile, poor Fel is just sitting there......

GrandDM
2013-10-27, 11:47 AM
Ditto Rick. Shall we have them strike up a conversation or something?

Felandria
2013-10-27, 11:48 AM
Ditto Rick. Shall we have them strike up a conversation or something?

Sure. :smallsmile:

Beans
2013-10-27, 12:25 PM
Hey.
So.
Things happened and I sort of fell off the big red skateboard y'alls were on and...

Basically, what'd I miss and what's going on presently?

Sabeki
2013-10-27, 02:43 PM
Well, Fel and Rick are talking about Tar-tar-us, I just asked Celica her name, and not much else.

ImpSyndrome
2013-10-27, 02:59 PM
And Ty tries to be dramatic and sensitive but loses confidence at the critical point and fails (or so it seems for now, anyway).

By the way, that whole emo tone in the post was intentional. Ty still needs to build some confidence, so don't feel too bad if you decide to have the others ignore his half-hearted gestures for now (though, obviously, it'd be nice if they at least noticed SOMETHING). Hopefully, there will be room to let him improve on that aspect of his personality as events progress.

5a Violista
2013-10-28, 11:29 AM
It's all cool. When you throw one socially-awkward shy guy with good intentions and throw him against a socially-awkward gal who is both unwilling and unable to voice her mind, and (just to mix everything up) toss one more socially-awkward guy who is already friends with the girl, then place them all outside in the dark just for fun, it's generally accepted that at least one of them will leave with less-than-satisfactory feelings.

Really, the only guaranteed outcome is that at least one of them will get character development before the brief encounter ends.

Oh, Beans: Something that's going on presently that will probably involve one of your characters: Melissa will soon try to sneak back into the Hermes Cabin, because she doesn't want Neiz to interrogate her about (1) how did she get such awesome-looking scars in such a short time, (2) why her sleeve is all torn up, (3) why she's covered in blood, and (4) why wasn't she being careful. So, expect Melissa trying to avoid and deceive Neiz as soon as I can get her inside. We can probably expect an epic contest of will and social grace between Neiz's manipulative oathmaking powers and Melissa's devious lying powers. Said contest will ultimately end in the destruction of the known universe.

Beans
2013-10-28, 11:32 AM
Heh, hope Melissa's ready to get hit on like crazy. Neiz's eyelash-fluttering muscles could break bones!

Sabeki
2013-10-29, 06:06 PM
Hmm, trying to think of a reason not to get involved. Maybe something about Pandora's Pithos?

ImpSyndrome
2013-10-30, 12:34 PM
So...are we going to move on to the next day soon, or are there still things going on in the current time frame? It seems like all the action is winding down...Speaking of which, since everyone seems to be posting a bit about what their characters are up to, I'll be posting something for Ty shortly.

Arkhosia
2013-10-30, 01:42 PM
Hmm, trying to think of a reason not to get involved. Maybe something about Pandora's Pithos?

They don't want the pithos to fall in the wrong hands, and he is the Most Likely Canidate for it to appear to.

And Celica won't be involved. She is rather weak power-wise.

Sabeki
2013-10-30, 08:46 PM
Not weak, more of trouble maker! She instigates chaos, and being creative lends itself to making it so the power of sunshine is a disintegration ray. I'm sure she can do something :smallcool:
Also, I'm a peepin' tom. hooray for role models:smalltongue:

Arkhosia
2013-10-30, 08:50 PM
Not weak, more of trouble maker! She instigates chaos, and being creative lends itself to making it so the power of sunshine is a disintegration ray. I'm sure she can do something :smallcool:
Also, I'm a peepin' tom. hooray for role models:smalltongue:

Basically, she pisses people off and causes adrenaline.

5a Violista
2013-10-30, 08:56 PM
Well, Celica's power does synchronize well with her sister Melissa's.

If they ever fight well on the same team, they'll wreak chaos and disaster against any large group.

Arkhosia
2013-10-30, 09:02 PM
Also, she now thinks she has telekinesis. :smalltongue:
I love misunderstandings.

Sabeki
2013-10-30, 09:26 PM
Yay misunderstanding! That's never done anything bad, right? :smalltongue:

EDIT: I was thinking of having the voice in his head be an incarnation of hope or one of the evils in the box. Maybe the 7 deadly ones?
Could be why Tartar here wanted it so much! ( I am assuming Tartar is the big bad, given Fel and Ricks conversation)

Felandria
2013-10-31, 12:37 AM
Fel's ready to head to the underworld and defend her camp.

GrandDM
2013-10-31, 02:24 AM
Ditto Rick. Who else is coming? I can't actually remember.

Also, I will be internet-less tomorrow and Saturday.

Aric Kale
2013-10-31, 02:36 AM
Colin will be there

ImpSyndrome
2013-10-31, 08:54 AM
Ty will not be capable of participating this time, so he'll be holding down the forge...er, the fort. Don't forget to bring back some inner-earth metals; they usually make for great weapon upgrades (hint hint).

Sabeki
2013-10-31, 08:56 AM
I'll go to the underworld.

Arkhosia
2013-10-31, 10:26 AM

If they ever fight well on the same team, they'll wreak chaos and disaster against any large group.

Celica's going if she does then.

GrandDM
2013-10-31, 10:33 AM

Celica's going if she does then.

With those two, plus Colin, Rick and Fel in full smashing-monsters mode, the assembled forces of evil don't stand a chance :smallbiggrin:.

Beans
2013-10-31, 10:34 AM
Ditto Rick. Who else is coming? I can't actually remember.

Also, I will be internet-less tomorrow and Saturday.

Carrie is, I think?

Sabeki
2013-10-31, 10:55 AM
With those two, plus Colin, Rick and Fel in full smashing-monsters mode, the assembled forces of evil don't stand a chance :smallbiggrin:.

I feel left out :smallfrown::smalltongue:

GrandDM
2013-10-31, 11:01 AM
Well, there's room for everyone in Hell. :smallamused:

5a Violista
2013-10-31, 01:01 PM

I thought it was already decided (OoC) that Melissa wouldn't be going with that group; she would be going in a "support group" used to draw away attention from the Main Heroic Group.

((IC, it hasn't even been suggested that she's going or doing anything yet.))

Besides, a group of 5 people would drastically decrease posting rate.

Beans
2013-10-31, 01:09 PM
Also I don't think Neiz is going, mostly because I really would prefer not to have two characters all up ins the same plot. Besides, she'd be even less able to have an impact on the ongoings than Carrie there.

Sabeki
2013-10-31, 01:19 PM
So far, I see a group of three and a group of four.
EDIT: OK, if I go with the sins in a jar talking to me, do I need to do character sheets for them? Or no?

Beans
2013-11-02, 05:55 PM
Er, Ark?
I dunno about how Mahonri feels, but I kind of feel like you're butting into the Neiz/Melissa scene. :U

5a Violista
2013-11-02, 07:33 PM
I think that if Arkhosia really wants to have Celica feel irritated for feeling ignored, then that's fun characterization.

It's only logical, though, that Melissa and Neiz would ignore Celica in this specific circumstance: One older girl in charge of the safety of the whole cabin is interrogating a slightly-younger one for what appears to be reckless behavior (her clothes being covered in blood and all, and is likely hiding something under that jacket she didn't have before), and suddenly a young girl who she doesn't know yet shouts a short demeaning sentence across a crowded room, then mumbles something (which can't be heard across said room due to the noise).

Sabeki
2013-11-02, 07:41 PM
It's free form, so Ark doesn't need to ask. And it does kind of make sense. Also, going to reiterate my question, would I need a character sheet for the 7 Sons in Pandoras box and Hope? Cause I have an idea that a monster comes crashing in against me and one of them (Probably Wrath) takes over, causing personality change and possible physical change.

Beans
2013-11-02, 07:46 PM
It's free form, so Ark doesn't need to ask.
That's a bit of an oversimplification, as even in FFRP there may be times when it is preferred to make sure it's okay before involving one's character in other players' ongoing scenes.

Sabeki
2013-11-02, 09:26 PM
Caught me there. It's really up to you and MV, I suppose.

5a Violista
2013-11-02, 09:30 PM
I'm sure there's other characters in Hermes Cabin who would love the chance to have screen time with Celica.

Or, perhaps, as soon as the scene between those two is finished, either one of them would be free and possibly willing to speak with Celica.

Re: making a character sheet for each of them:
I don't think it's necessary. Maybe, if you wanted to, you could give a brief description of each one, but an entire character sheet is overkill.
However, I'm not really the one to ask.

ImpSyndrome
2013-11-02, 09:53 PM
Notice: I'm not sure if I'll have the energy to post tonight or tomorrow. I've been feeling exhausted and a bit sore for the past few days, and I suspect I've come down with some kind of mild illness. I'll try to provide status updates as I learn more. I apologize profusely for any and all delays caused by my absence.

I'll be posting this in other OOC threads for my active scenarios as well.

Arkhosia
2013-11-02, 10:12 PM
I like her being ignored. I just have this image of the girls having their conversation with Celica doing stuff (waving her arms, playing the tuba, shouting, etc) in the background to get their attention and failing.

5a Violista
2013-11-02, 10:23 PM
Well, if you want her to not be ignored for a moment, then right now is the perfect moment to do so; she can pick either Neiz or Melissa to bug.

Notice: I'm not sure if I'll have the energy to post tonight or tomorrow. I've been feeling exhausted and a bit sore for the past few days, and I suspect I've come down with some kind of mild illness. I'll try to provide status updates as I learn more. I apologize profusely for any and all delays caused by my absence.

That's too unfortunate. So sad; get better soon, okay? And make sure to rest.

Arkhosia
2013-11-02, 10:26 PM
Well, if you want her to not be ignored for a moment, then right now is the perfect moment to do so; she can pick either Neiz or Melissa to bug.

That's too unfortunate. So sad; get better soon, okay? And make sure to rest.

Okay then!

Sabeki
2013-11-02, 11:45 PM
Okay, Sins are up, and I've decided that people with them draw monsters to themselves!
Should be a fun day tomorrow :smallbiggrin:

Felandria
2013-11-03, 02:18 AM
Curious about the sins, are they only affecting you or are they intended to interact with several people and take them over too?

Sabeki
2013-11-03, 02:54 AM
They primarily affect me, but they could latch on to others if let out of the pithos.

Creed
2013-11-05, 08:00 AM
Is this real life? This thing actually got brought back?

ImpSyndrome
2013-11-05, 09:33 AM
So it would seem. I was a bit late to arrive on-scene myself, but from all indications, I think I'm doing OK.

Creed
2013-11-05, 09:36 AM
I was in the original one of these, a long, long time ago. Very, very glad to see it come back. If you folks don't mind having one more, I'll submit a character, one a little... different than the ones I've already seen.:smallbiggrin:

Aric Kale
2013-11-05, 09:59 AM
We'd be happy to have you back!

Also, Sabeki, I was under the impression from the books that all the meals were held at the pavilion, but I could be wrong.

ImpSyndrome
2013-11-05, 10:02 AM
Pretty sure that was my question, but thanks for clearing that up.

Also, on the matter of joining in: it'll be interesting to see what you bring to the scenario, seeing as you were part of the previous attempt. Welcome aboard, I say.