PDA

View Full Version : Text generators

Arcanist
2013-08-15, 04:44 AM
I̥̝̻̲͖͔͈ͪ͋̎ͮ͒́s̆̽͂̐ͩ̐̚ ̶̊i͍̺̳̝͙̩ͬ̽̍t҉͚̰̥̩͎ ̺͔̈́̌͠a̱̞̼̠̭͔ͣ̐͛ͭͣ̄͠g̲̼̻̗̼̔̑a̡̤̮̤̅ͥͭi͉͙̲̤̬̜̩̾̐̃n̛̘ ̫͉͍ś͙͎͙̩̕t̶̩̖́͒̃ͬͦ ̢̱̯͖̭̘̘̬ͪͥ̽̑t̆̎ͨ̑̾̑͏̼̥͚̻̙ḫ̖̊̈́̈è͆̎̊ ͥͦ̔̆̉ͩ̇͏ȓ̶ͯ͊u̘̙̭̜̤ͩͩ͆l̝͙̲̦̝̼̟͊e̗͎̠̝͚̠ͦ̅ͩͧ̀͢s̈́ͧ̌ͨͣ ͈̼͈ͅ ̢̤̳͈̣̱t͚̭̥o̩ͥ̍ͭ ͐ͯ̎̃̌̆̚d̺͇̖͕͓ó̤̃ ̟͑ͯ͟t̛̰͚̙͎h̬̹̩̤͈̕i̺̯͉̮̲͊̽s͓̖̤̟̏ͣ̍́͑ͦ?̝̦̮̓ͮ̈́̿̈

I'd assume it would be classified under "Excessively Embellished Formatting", but I can't imagine the light use of it being to much of a problem. Some insight for future reference?

happyturtle
2013-08-15, 05:46 AM
I've seen Zalgo used, but only inside IC roleplaying threads. My guess (and I'm not a mod) is that it would be allowable in those circumstances, but not if you're trying to actually communicate with a RL person.

Mando Knight
2013-08-15, 07:01 AM
If the formatting makes it hard to read, it's excessive. At least, that's what I assume the purpose of the rule is.

It might be permissible for a few lines for a bit character where being nearly incomprehensible is the point, but otherwise I'd stay away.

Rawhide
2013-08-15, 07:38 AM
Formatting that leaves the line it's on should not be used on this site at all, not even for play by post. I'm sorry, but please find another way to express incomprehensible script (including making a picture of it).

erikun
2013-08-15, 09:54 AM
I would like to mention that if your browser doesn't render these characters, then the line comes out as a giant screen-stretching mess of squares. It was rather annoying when I had to deal with that all the time when it was popular.

Rockphed
2013-08-15, 02:34 PM
Formatting that leaves the line it's on should not be used on this site at all, not even for play by post. I'm sorry, but please find another way to express incomprehensible script (including making a picture of it).

Out of curiosity, what is the rationale behind this?

Halae
2013-08-15, 03:50 PM
Out of curiosity, what is the rationale behind this?

See one post above yourself. Some computers can't handle it, but we certainly can handle images.

happyturtle
2013-08-16, 07:36 AM
Here's a handy text to image generator (http://www.interactimage.com/). It doesn't do Zalgo, but it has some creepy eldritch looking fonts to choose from.

Castaras
2013-08-16, 07:42 AM
I just see lots of squares in your post, so considering many people's computers can't render it, an image would be better.