PDA

View Full Version : cleric, dread necro, master of shrouds turning question.

morkendi
2013-08-15, 06:25 AM
Recently started an evil cleric. I am 3rd lvl now with enouph exp to go to 5th. I was thinking dread necro 2, and go MoS after. I have a 21 cha because I took dynamic priest, my casting is also cha based. Both cleric and necro give turning. My question is would the number of turns stack? Would I keep them as separate pools? MoS says there turning ability stack with any previous class that has it in regards to lvl. If I read things right, when I enter MoS at 6, I would have 8 turns from cleric, 8 turns from dread necro, and 4 from MoS that could go to eather for lvl purposes on turn. But I would then have 20 turns to fuel divine meta magic?

Alex12
2013-08-15, 06:36 AM
For turning (or rebuking, in your case) the pool of turns doesn't increase. The turning level does.
A Cleric 3/Dread Necromancer 2 has as many rebuke attempts available as a Cleric 5 with the same stats, and that turning is just as powerful.

morkendi
2013-08-15, 10:06 AM
So I am guessing a 2 lvl dip would not be worth it then as I would loose 3 levels of casting in cleric as MoS does not progress casting 1st lvl.

Rebel7284
2013-08-15, 10:11 AM
MOS is nice super-early on, but unless you are entering it early, it's not great.

Silva Stormrage
2013-08-15, 03:04 PM
A dip probably wouldn't be worth it. Master of Shrouds is really useful early levels though as incorporeal undead can be incredibly dangerous to encounters.

Though also if you have your cleric have use turn undead instead of rebuke undead then the two pools would stack instead of just overlapping. Of course then your cleric levels wouldn't progress your rebuke undead level but still you would have two pools of turn/rebuke undead for DMM.