PDA

View Full Version : Can't remember PrC.

SolioFebalas
2013-08-15, 08:01 AM
I can't remember a prestige class. Presumably based on arcane caster. It's capstone ability something like duplicating yourself in a bunch of material copies.

SevTai
2013-09-10, 11:17 AM
Hm, you made me curious too.

You don't remember anything else? Like supplement, if it was homebrew or something..
After a quick search I came upon this (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Presto_(3.5e_Prestige_Class)#Supreme_Duplicate). Probably not it, but you never know.

StelioKantos
2013-09-10, 03:35 PM
The arcane duelist might be what you are looking for.

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/re/20030224a

SolioFebalas
2013-09-11, 03:17 AM
Yes, arcane duelist is what i'am looking for... thanks.

Alleran
2013-09-11, 03:26 AM
The arcane duelist might be what you are looking for.

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/re/20030224a
"Flurry of Swords (Ex): The pinnacle of the arcane duelist's power is to create a flurry of sword attacks against a single target."

Why do I have sudden flashbacks to Archer's Unlimited Blade Works in Fate/Stay Night?

Interesting-looking class. Shame it doesn't come with spellcasting progression.

Waker
2013-09-11, 03:29 AM
"Flurry of Swords (Ex): The pinnacle of the arcane duelist's power is to create a flurry of sword attacks against a single target."

Why do I have sudden flashbacks to Archer's Unlimited Blade Works in Fate/Stay Night?

Interesting-looking class. Shame it doesn't come with spellcasting progression.

Or a decent BAB progression. A flavorful class, but the mechanics...

TuggyNE
2013-09-11, 04:06 AM
It's like Arcane Archer's long-lost cousin! Specializes in melee instead of archery, but just as good!

In other words, not super hot. At least both of them have one or two moderately interesting and rather unusual abilities to perhaps give them a situational role in certain builds.

Dairuga
2013-09-11, 04:59 AM
Oh -dear-, I just read the class thoroughtly, and I have problems containing my laughter.

I will admit, this is a -truly- flavourfull class, it truly is. The capstone is grandiose, having a daily dosage of Mirror image, blur and a Keen property that -stacks- with the feat and the Keen spell is always good to have. Bringing a Rapier down to 9-20 is a pretty impressing thing to be able to do, but the damage deduction is a true shame.

That, and the fact that the Class has "Poor" bab progression (It only has half progression, as opposed to other Finesse fighters), No spell progression, requiring all the common feat-tax feats as prerequisites, and a level wasted to attain 1st level spellcasting.

For the true gem of the class, however, read the Descriptions. Oh -dear-, read the descriptions. Even the -descriptions- mock the class! If even the descriptions tells you that the class toils to appear better than it truly is, you know something is decidedly wrong. You are -almost- like a duelist, but unlike the duelist, you lack the skill of one.

Thank you for making my day and introducing this wonderful class.

nedz
2013-09-11, 05:16 AM
With Cha to AC and a couple of miss chances this has reasonable defences.

With half BAB and likely a single level of an arcane caster the Flurry and Keen options are rather likely to miss. Dexterous attack does help here, but then we will do no damage.

Some fighters become arcane duelists if they prefer not to kill opponents unless absolutely necessary.
Finally we have the Sword of Heironemous style weapon enchantments.

This could explain why I have never heard of this class before.