PDA

View Full Version : Feat suggestions for my cleric? Help :)

ramrod
2013-08-15, 08:33 AM
Hi,

I need to get my cleric levelled up ready for Tuesday, he will be level 6 and moving into a homebrew version of Ordained Champion. What it means is that I will gain my normal level up feat, plus a bonus fighter feat for trading in the extra domain.

So, what I need is two feats. 1 fighter feat and 1 that can be anything.

I am currently a level 5 cleric with strength/war domains, wielding a greatsword. Currently I have power attack and cleave as feats, with high wisdom and strength but sucky dex.

I do not want to go down the DMM route.

Suggestions greatly appreciated!!

Rebel7284
2013-08-15, 08:39 AM
Will you be losing a caster level just as the normal version?

You can take improved bullrush as a fighter feat to prepare for shock trooper. :)

Leap Attack is also great if you have the ranks in jump.

ramrod
2013-08-15, 09:40 AM
Is shock trooper really that worth it? People talk about it a lot and upon reading it really doesnt look that great...

As for jump, I get like 1 skill point a level. Not a chance! lol

Rebel7284
2013-08-15, 09:54 AM
Is shock trooper really that worth it? People talk about it a lot and upon reading it really doesnt look that great...

Heedless charge part of it is really good. A dead enemy doesn't hit back. :)

Of course if you are not focusing on multiplying damage on a charge, it's less amazing, but still good.

You may also want to look at Animal Devotion and Law Devotion feats. Puts those turn undead attempts to use for some nice bonuses a few times a day.

Holy Warrior is GREAT once you have 4th level spells.

ramrod
2013-08-15, 10:16 AM
I did look at some of the devotion feats. One of the critical issues (and running jokes in my group) is that my dwarf moves so damned slowly that by the time I am in melee combat, it has ended!

I looked at travel devotion (which with my 2 turn attempts could be used twice per day) but some of the boosts, stances and maneuvers in ToB can do it better and be used once per encounter...

Rebel7284
2013-08-15, 10:25 AM
You can always dip crusader and go Ruby Knight Vindicator is that appeals to you. :)

Auramis
2013-08-15, 10:32 AM
Are you serving as your group's primary tank? If so, may want to look into Protection Devotion (http://dndtools.eu/feats/complete-champion--57/protection-devotion--2262/), if your DM will let you get it. There's also the other feats that let you use turning for other things from Complete Divine and Complete Champion, like Divine Vigor (http://dndtools.eu/feats/complete-warrior--61/divine-vigor--675/).

ramrod
2013-08-15, 01:22 PM
Protection is ok.. I have a few ideas for the non fighter feat. But it is more along the lines of fighter feats that I am stuck :S The non fighter feat could also be used to either meet prerequisites or synergise with the fighter feat.

Firechanter
2013-08-15, 04:26 PM
Well with 2 Turn attempts, going into anything that's fueled by TU is probably not worth it. Otherise, Law Devotion would be just the thing if you don't want to go DMM.
You might want to look into boosting your speed. There's been a thread about exactly that just the other day.

Here we are:
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=297661

morkendi
2013-08-15, 07:00 PM
Dynamic priest let's you run your cleric spells off cha. Let's you dump wisdom allowing you to boost your physical scores a little. Max out your cha this way and go into devine meta magic with extend and persist spell. Strength domain let's you enlarge person thus giving 10 reach with your great sword. If you can pump your dex a little more, you can take combat reflexes. This way you can deal damage with reach AoO and cast on your action. Before going ordained champ, take 2 lvls in prestige pally from UA. Full BaB and casting if I remember right. The bonus is you get your cha mod to saves which you already maxed with dynamic priest and then go into your ordained champ.

This is if your scores are not set already.

If I remember, the build would be cleric 4/ ordained champ 1/ prestige pally 2/ ordained champion 4/ now you have 10 levels to play with till 20 where you can do bone knight or anything else. With DMM persist buffs, you can out fight the fighter and have all the cleric goodness.....

ramrod
2013-08-16, 09:02 AM
I cant seem to find anything that I want so I'm probably going to swing for Travel devotion.. with 2 turn attempts I can use it 2/day.

For my bonus fighter feat I think I'm going to get Martial Study for the Mountain Hammer maneuver (+2d6 damage overcomes hardness and DR) for general damage and utility. Shame it can only be used 1/encounter but it seems better than virtually every other feat.

Most feats have prerequisites that are unobtainable for me or rely heavily on charisma, which I have a negative modifier for!

Splendor
2013-08-17, 09:42 PM
First off ask your DM if you can take the quick trait. +10 move but -1 Hp/Lv.

Feats
Touch of Healing (Complete Champion) - Reserve feat - Heals allies up to 1/2 their total HP without casting any spells.
Close-Quarters Fighting (Fighter, Complete Warrior) - Fights against grapples
Great Cleave (PHB, Fighter)

I don't know what domains your god offers, but the FATE domain gives you uncanny dodge.