PDA

View Full Version : monk question

amalthia
2013-08-15, 10:57 AM
say I am a level 6 monk
flurry of blows +3/+3, uas 1d8, ac +1, ft. +20
and I decide to take the monks belt, get a monk tattoo and the feat Superior Unarmed Strike

all of these say to the effect they improve the unarmed damage by X monk levels -some also include AC and speed, but none of them appear to improve the flurry of blows - so how can I improve the flurry of blows in a fashion like the above listed things ?

Telonius
2013-08-15, 11:08 AM
say I am a level 6 monk
and I decide to take the monks belt, get a monk tattoo and the feat Superior Unarmed Strike

all of these say to the effect they improve the unarmed damage by X monk levels -some also include AC and speed, but none of them appear to improve the flurry of blows - so how can I improve the flurry of blows in a fashion like the above listed things ?

Unfortunately the only way is to take more levels in Monk, or some other class or PrC that gives Flurry progression.

Darrin
2013-08-15, 11:42 AM
say I am a level 6 monk

First, there is not a lot of agreement on whether the Monk's Belt, Monk's Tattoo, and Superior Unarmed Strike stack. Some DMs allow them to stack, some don't.

Second, Flurry of Blows is determined mostly by your BAB. You get better at it mostly by gaining class levels. As far as magic items/feats go, anything that increases your attack bonus (Gauntlets of Strength +2, Law Devotion, Weapon Focus, etc.) will make you better at Flurry. Monk's Belt, Monk's Tattoo, and Superior Unarmed Strike don't really help here, as that's not what they're designed to do.

If you're just looking for additional attacks, then there are other, more effective ways to do that aside from Flurry of Blows.

Kid Jake
2013-08-15, 12:28 PM
Seems to me like the easiest way to improve Flurry of Blows is to take a few levels of Fighter or another full BAB class.