PDA

View Full Version : Things you will never hear your Players say

Sebastrd
2013-08-15, 11:39 AM
Just so we get to examine the issue from both sides...

"We treat the NPCs with the respect and dignity they deserve, because they're not just walking bags of hit points/xp that exist solely for our amusment."

"We totally appreciate all the hard work and detail you've put into creating this masterpiece of an adventure."

"Of course it'll never come back to haunt you if you roleplay the kobolds in a funny voice for our benefit!"

"Instead of just rolling a Diplomacy check, I think I'd like to talk through this scene and actually do some role-playing."

"We absolutely treat the corpses of our enemies with a little reverance as we root through their pockets looking for loose change."

What did I miss? Help me out fellow DMs and Storytellers! :smallbiggrin:

Joe the Rat
2013-08-15, 11:53 AM
"This is too much loot for the encounter."
"Let's skip the tavern."
"My incredibly complex character build is entirely based on using the rules as they were intended, and there is absolutely no absurd and abusive bonus-stacking shenanigans involved. Truthfully."
"My favorite race/class/supplement isn't allowed? No problem."

Eldan
2013-08-15, 11:57 AM
"You know what? How about if, in the next session or the one after that, we take the initiative and follow those character goals in our backstory instead of standing around and waiting for an adventure hook?"

The Rose Dragon
2013-08-15, 12:08 PM
"You know, how about one of us takes over the GMing duties for a while, and you play for a few sessions? That would be good, right?"

Jade_Tarem
2013-08-15, 12:12 PM
"My character's death was the result of a complex interaction between character build, encounter difficulty scaled appropriately to our party level, and the tactical decisions of our group, resulting in a weighted pseudo-random result that I completely accept."

Amaril
2013-08-15, 12:13 PM
"Come on, guys, we can't kill them all just because they're goblins!"

Hyena
2013-08-15, 12:20 PM
"Money can't buy my character's honor, I won't accept the bribe."

navar100
2013-08-15, 12:22 PM
"You better watch it, buster, or my paladin friend will smite you into next week", says the rogue player paying for something.

"This requires a more stealthy approach, and I'll make too much noise in my armor. Hey, buddy, I think this your area of expertise. Sneak inside and look around. If you do find the McGuffin, grab it, but I doubt it's out in the open. Might be worth picking the lock of the safe if Bad Guy has one. Check for traps first, of course. Here, let me cast Protection From Evil on you before you go, just in case.", says the paladin player.

Angel Bob
2013-08-15, 12:46 PM
"We negotiate with the hostiles, attempting to avoid an unnecessary bloodbath."

"Recognizing the police as a legitimate authority, we turn ourselves in, hoping for a lighter sentence. No, of course we don't kill half the officers and watch the rest flee. That would only dig us a deeper hole."

"My character has a detailed, thrilling backstory that I just can't wait to see utilized in future adventures!"

Similarly: "My character has his/her heart set on a lifetime goal and will not rest until he/she accomplishes it."

"After being unfortunately separated, we drop everything and seek to locate our missing companions. No, we don't open doors through which heat and flame are emanating while the party cleric is MIA. That would be suicide."

White Blade
2013-08-15, 12:46 PM
"We'll do this mission pro bono - The people in this village need our help."

"Character creation session was the most fun, can we do it again sometime?"

Deathkeeper
2013-08-15, 12:51 PM

Admittedly, one of my knights said this recently, but then, one of the goblin kids WAS worshipping his patron deity, and that does put it into perspective.

QuintonBeck
2013-08-15, 01:49 PM
"That sounds like a fair price, I don't see any reason to haggle!"

"Just because I don't like this NPC doesn't mean I have to kill him."

"I bow to the king respectfully because it's what you're supposed to do."

"Hey, we don't want any trouble."

"Let's just get a room at the inn, no need to drink."

Green Leviathan
2013-08-15, 02:34 PM
" I think you awarded us to much XP. i would be satisfied with much less. "

" I can't carry that, that would put me exactly at medium carrying capacity "

Hyena
2013-08-15, 02:41 PM
"Your plot is so interesting, I can't wait until I can understand the whole picture!"
"I carefully listen to the NPC and try to remember the details."

Almaseti
2013-08-15, 03:01 PM
I want to play a monk.

I think my character is too powerful. We should nerf him/her so the other players can have fun.

I read the campaign overview you came up with and I want to know if you think this backstory would fit in the setting.

*non-sarcastic* I was paying attention and don't need you to remind me what happened since my last turn.

Icewraith
2013-08-15, 03:20 PM
Neither my character nor his/her immediate family members were killed, raped, enslaved, petrified, or otherwised harmed as part of the backstory.

I won't be consciously or subconsciously working out my personal problems, especially regarding relationships, with this character.

I'm not going to be hitting on every [gender my character is attracted to] being within a one mile radius that I encounter, and all the shapechangers just in case.

Let's try infiltrating the enemy stronghold instead of blowing it up.

InQbait
2013-08-15, 03:30 PM
"I was just happy to help. No need to reward me."

"That young woman certainly was attractive, based on the GM's description of her, and the high charisma score, but there is no need for my character to do anything sexual with her at all."

"That monster scored a critical hit on me, you say? I'm perfectly alright with that, even if I am in negative hit points now."

"I know it was supposed to be a duel to the death, but I spare that farmer's life. The kingdom is in need of his farming skills."

"I would never kill off fellow family members so that I could become head of the noble family. That would be wrong."

"We should totally trust the man with the gold tooth."

QuintonBeck
2013-08-15, 03:45 PM
We found this gold in the cave on this man's land, he's certainly entitled to it.

Alabenson
2013-08-15, 04:09 PM
Of course we'll return this large quantity of money to it's rightful owner instead of keeping it for ourselves.

You're enforcing the multiclass XP rules? That's great!

RustyArmor
2013-08-15, 04:33 PM
"Someone in this tavern/bar said something I don't agree with? I just ignore him and enjoy my drink so I don't cause a scene or bar fight."

"I look for the poorest looking man in town to pick pocket."

"I can't be this template (stack of templates) even though they are legal? I understand it would be far over powered."

"I could take this spell (combo) and win every encounter we come across, but that would not be fair to the other PCs or DM so I will take something else."

gooddragon1
2013-08-15, 05:03 PM
Conversely... (not from a player...):

"Of course I understand that you would have no way to know exactly what I'd expect you to do to progress through this adventure. That would be utterly ridiculous of me given that you did not design it. In some cases I know that this is in fact your weakness and I attempt to accommodate players accordingly. So I will help you along if you get stuck since the point of this game is to have fun and not stumble around for 3 hours looking for the clues I have hidden that you would only know about if you were the author of the adventure. After all, I realize that not everyone wants to play a damned game of clue under the guise of D&D."

Kyberwulf
2013-08-15, 05:25 PM
"The other players and I have been talking, and we all are in agreement....."
which also goes into this one, which deserves special mention...
"....We won't split up, and search these two separate corridors."

Jay R
2013-08-15, 05:28 PM
"Wait a minute. 14 wasn't high enough to make that check. We need to run the last encounter over, because my character should have died in the second round."

Yukitsu
2013-08-15, 05:55 PM
"We should leave that door where we found it instead of prying it off the wall and selling if."

The Rose Dragon
2013-08-15, 05:58 PM
"We should leave that door where we found it instead of prying it off the wall and selling if."

I don't know, if the door is made out of orichalcum, prying it off the wall at least is a pretty good idea. Orichalcum doesn't grow on trees, you know.

((Except in the Faerie. But orichalcum found in the Faerie is pretty useless anyway.))

Doomboy911
2013-08-15, 06:06 PM
" I think you awarded us to much XP. i would be satisfied with much less. "

" I can't carry that, that would put me exactly at medium carrying capacity "

To be fair no one cares for encumbrance, at least no one I know.

"Hey I think I should spend some of my precious gold on a mule so I'm not over encumbered."

"I think we should surrender it's the best tactical decision."

"Ok we can't rush in we need to have a plan."

"Now now lets divy up the gold fairly"

"I should think about this for a minute"

"I'll accept my death with dignity"

"We'll accept his death with dignity"

scsimodem
2013-08-15, 06:35 PM
Neither my character nor his/her immediate family members were killed, raped, enslaved, petrified, or otherwised harmed as part of the backstory.

I thought it would amuse the forum to know that a character I'm currently playing in an Exalted game (avatar is a representation of him) is this. After looking through a bunch of the Dragon-Blooded character creation and some sample characters online, I was like, "I'm going to make the weirdest character *EVAR*, an Exalted character who is leading a happy life and is perfectly contented with it." Thus was born Cathak Tylon, top graduate from the House of Bells, respected member of both his house and the legions, and happily, monogamously married to a beautiful woman. Anyway...

"That would be an effective use of that spell, but I don't think that's the way it's supposed to work."

"I know it defies the laws of physics, but it's magic, and it works differently, so my character *does* take damage."

kyoryu
2013-08-15, 06:57 PM

Actually, I can't remember the last time I had a character with any of those elements in his backstory

I won't be consciously or subconsciously working out my personal problems, especially regarding relationships, with this character.

You win the thread.

denthor
2013-08-15, 07:22 PM
"Someone in this tavern/bar said something I don't agree with? I just ignore him and enjoy my drink so I don't cause a scene or bar fight."

"I look for the poorest looking man in town to pick pocket."

"I can't be this template (stack of templates) even though they are legal? I understand it would be far over powered."

"I could take this spell (combo) and win every encounter we come across, but that would not be fair to the other PCs or DM so I will take something else."

The second statement is just evil. (S)he is already poor and they want to take more money from them

vasharanpaladin
2013-08-15, 11:46 PM
"I happily and willingly acquiesce to the idea of 'core-only' and am not being coerced in any way."

*burns cue card* :smallyuk:

Sith_Happens
2013-08-16, 12:52 AM
Conversely... (not from a player...):

"Of course I understand that you would have no way to know exactly what I'd expect you to do to progress through this adventure. That would be utterly ridiculous of me given that you did not design it. In some cases I know that this is in fact your weakness and I attempt to accommodate players accordingly. So I will help you along if you get stuck since the point of this game is to have fun and not stumble around for 3 hours looking for the clues I have hidden that you would only know about if you were the author of the adventure. After all, I realize that not everyone wants to play a damned game of clue under the guise of D&D."

Right this way, sir. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=297913)

neonchameleon
2013-08-16, 08:58 AM
I've heard or said some variation of many of these. Notably:

"You know, how about one of us takes over the GMing duties for a while, and you play for a few sessions? That would be good, right?"

An argument about whether to kill someone who'd betrayed us already. (I was on the 'kill them' side and was shocked, shocked when they betrayed us a second time)

Yup.

A.k.a, my players' approach to Kingmaker modules 1 and 2.

"My character has a detailed, thrilling backstory that I just can't wait to see utilized in future adventures!"

I expect two pages from one of my players.

"Character creation session was the most fun, can we do it again sometime?"

Smallville, anyone?

All of the above.

"Your plot is so interesting, I can't wait until I can understand the whole picture!"

And then write everything down.

I want to play a monk.

4e monks rock.

I think my character is too powerful. We should nerf him/her so the other players can have fun.

Me playing a wizard.

I read the campaign overview you came up with and I want to know if you think this backstory would fit in the setting.

I've said that a few times.

When they aren't all blown up, yes.

Let's try infiltrating the enemy stronghold instead of blowing it up.

I like rogues.

"That monster scored a critical hit on me, you say? I'm perfectly alright with that, even if I am in negative hit points now."

Doesn't need to be said.

"I would never kill off fellow family members so that I could become head of the noble family. That would be wrong."

It's also the dragon's job.

Yora
2013-08-16, 10:10 AM
"If you have the time, could you write some more pages with information on the setting for our current campaign?"

Hyena
2013-08-16, 10:14 AM
"Thanks for providing all the information on this setting, cause we're unfamiliar with Forgotten Realms. We are going to read it very soon."

navar100
2013-08-16, 12:27 PM
"Alright! We're fighting a beholder!"

denthor
2013-08-16, 12:33 PM
"I happily and willingly acquiesce to the idea of 'core-only' and am not being coerced in any way."

*burns cue card* :smallyuk:

I have said this in every game I enjoy the challange of core players characters. Particularly like to run half orc mages that specialize in necromancy. My party has a rite of passage they must kill that have gone through fifteen to date.

I even one time on this forum typed:

That since you are having a hard time getting challenges for your players and you are new to running a game. Tell them core only character and start from first level.

I got leveled by about four posters that told me the game would be no fun that way? :smallfrown:

For neonchameleon you like rouges do they all where neon dayglow suits:biggrin:

vasharanpaladin
2013-08-16, 12:42 PM
I got leveled by about four posters that told me the game would be no fun that way? :smallfrown:

Suffice to say that I don't particularly care what you do or don't like. I, personally, loathe the idea that only a small subset of what the official publisher has published is valid material. You can keep your "core-only" crap if that's what makes you happy, but don't expect me to play at your table. :smallfurious:

On-topic, though...

"Tome of Battle is perfectly okay balance-wise and we will gladly forget that fighters, monks and paladins exist in favor of using it."

Eldan
2013-08-16, 12:46 PM
In the end, every word in the books is just a suggestion and subject to house rules, interpretation and approval. Technically DM approval, but that's quite autocratic and the group has a word too.

Alex12
2013-08-16, 12:49 PM
"Oh man, why did we have to level up? I was having fun playing a first-level character."

Deophaun
2013-08-16, 01:00 PM
"We should totally trust the king's advisor."

"I could teleport us out of here, but then we wouldn't get to deal with the traps that the DM put so much time and effort into."

"I hope the BBEG knows disjunction."

Zale
2013-08-16, 01:20 PM
Let's try talking to the dragon first.

Alex12
2013-08-16, 01:27 PM
"I am honestly okay with this mook wizard using Disjunction on me and destroying everything I have. I had too many magical items to begin with, and was feeling overpowered."

"Let's just leave the corpses of these clockwork horrors where we killed them. They're probably not worth anything anyway."

OverdrivePrime
2013-08-16, 01:30 PM
"We all read all of the campaign docs that you spent months putting together..."

"And we've come up with a party whose backstories and goals mesh well together..."

"In fact, all of our characters have a really good reason to not only spend all of their time exploring ancient ruins and fighting monsters, but doing so as a cohesive team!"

"Nah, maybe I won't make things incredibly awkward for ODP by trying to RP romantic situations for my PC. I'm fine with just leaving it to my imagination."

"Last time our incredibly convoluted plan that hinged on a number of faulty assumptions kinda blew up in our faces, didn't it? Maybe we should make sure we have our facts straight and come up with a plan we actually have a prayer of pulling off?"

"Oh, no thanks, I've got quite enough loot of my own."

Gemini Lupus
2013-08-17, 01:00 AM
Is it bad that I've heard my players say a lot of these things? Particularly with regard to campaign setting and the hard work I've put into the campaign.

Anywho, my players would never say:

"I don't want to develop my character"

"No thanks, I don't want the awesome sword of awesomeness, I'll just keep my old, broken longsword from level 1"

Zombimode
2013-08-17, 06:10 AM
"Like you said in your e-mail..."

"According to the notes about the setting you've uploaded..."

"This is my new character and he/she likes to work with other like-minded individuals as a team."

Yora
2013-08-17, 06:21 AM
Yeah. Players never read anything! :smallamused:

The Rose Dragon
2013-08-17, 06:23 AM
It's not their fault they are illiterate.

Anonymouswizard
2013-08-17, 07:23 AM
"Due to the fact that the guards specfically mentioned t when we entered the city, I have specifically left my weapons at the inn and any armour is discretely worn under my clothing."

"We do not attack the city guards, as even though it is grayfox attacking him he has not actually joined the group or done anything except for stealing the ranger's purse."

"Of course I except that due to the way your setting works there are no gods from official D&D settings."

And one from my group's power gamer:

"I except your ruling that even if the enemy has not spotted me, the fact that it is expecting attacks means that it is not flat-footed against me. I understand that it is not right for me to dominate every combat."

Sith_Happens
2013-08-17, 08:35 AM
"I except your ruling that even if the enemy has not spotted me, the fact that it is expecting attacks means that it is not flat-footed against me. I understand that it is not right for me to dominate every combat."

He's completely right though. You have to actually do something to not be flat-footed any more.

VariSami
2013-08-17, 08:52 AM
"Of course I will respect the naming conventions you set for this race."

Because hey, even if the culture is highly elaborated and has religious rites of adulthood and predetermined destiny as well as family history bound in two words, I will go with something mundane like Jack.

Asmodai
2013-08-17, 09:38 AM
"Thank You"

Frozen_Feet
2013-08-17, 12:38 PM
Things I will not hear them say anymore:

"Sure, let's talk to the priest, men of robe are good-natured and trustworthy."

"I pray to my god."

"The jewel on that altar looks precious, I take it!"

"Devil's Island? Surely, that name is just local superstition."

:smallamused:

navar100
2013-08-17, 01:15 PM
"I cast Detect Law."

Slipperychicken
2013-08-17, 02:08 PM
"I cast Detect Law."

"I prepare and cast Detect Good from one of my precious spell slots, and not an unlimited-use item or ability."

"I did, in fact, find a sack of treasure in that secret room while you weren't watching. Hold it for now so we can divide it into fair shares when we get back to town."

"I will totally remember this campaign setting's word for 'Elf', instead of mocking it relentlessly."

"I think the Paladin's code of conduct is perfectly reasonable, and it doesn't constrain my roleplaying at all."

EDIT:

"My character is good enough at fighting. His skills are sufficient, and I do not need to increase them further."

"My character will not seek to acquire any more money -he has plenty as it is."

North_Ranger
2013-08-17, 02:28 PM
"You're right."

hymer
2013-08-17, 03:25 PM
I hear many or most of those.

"We treat the NPCs with the respect and dignity they deserve, because they're not just walking bags of hit points/xp that exist solely for our amusment."

I do have players who act according to this.

"We totally appreciate all the hard work and detail you've put into creating this masterpiece of an adventure."

I get the occasional encouragement.

"Let's skip the tavern."

Most tavern visits lead to a night’s sleep and nothing more.

"My incredibly complex character build is entirely based on using the rules as they were intended, and there is absolutely no absurd and abusive bonus-stacking shenanigans involved. Truthfully."

A few of my players aren’t that big on optimization, and certainly would not knowingly skirt the rules or cheat.

"My character's death was the result of a complex interaction between character build, encounter difficulty scaled appropriately to our party level, and the tactical decisions of our group, resulting in a weighted pseudo-random result that I completely accept."

This is the standard reaction to player death. It doesn’t hurt that post-game analysis tends to reveal something they forgot to do, which would have helped to escape death or at least improve their odds.

Some of my players feel this way, though not about goblins. The occasional nonproblematic genocide race is satisfying.

Accepting bribes is unusual, even in evil parties it’s not something jumped at.

Done regularly.

"Recognizing the police as a legitimate authority, we turn ourselves in, hoping for a lighter sentence. No, of course we don't kill half the officers and watch the rest flee. That would only dig us a deeper hole."

Getting in trouble with the law isn’t that common, but a calm, measured response is the norm when it does happen.

I have at least one player like this.

"After being unfortunately separated, we drop everything and seek to locate our missing companions. No, we don't open doors through which heat and flame are emanating while the party cleric is MIA. That would be suicide."

My players usually recall the danger of the split party.

I’ve heard things like this from my players.

My players are willing to take notes and ask exploratory questions.

"We'll do this mission pro bono - The people in this village need our help."

This is some players’ MO.

Some players like haggling. Some can’t be bothered. And some actually think a price is fair and leave it at that.

Happens all the time.

Of course they do, most of them. Those who don’t get the occasional consequence.

They broke up a bar fight a couple of sessions back and walked away from a challenge to a duel a few sessions before that.

As mentioned above, this is how it usually goes.

I want to play a monk.

I talk them out of it.

One player noted that he would be perfectly fine with his primary trick (perfectly legitimate) getting nerfed if the DM thought it was too much.

Happens frequently.

I should say that only about three quarters of backstories I get handed have these devices.

I'm not going to be hitting on every [gender my character is attracted to] being within a one mile radius that I encounter, and all the shapechangers just in case.

Only one or two of my players thinks that sort of behavior is amusing aside from the occasional fling or joke.

Spoken pretty much whenever the one(s) helped seem working class or less.

"That young woman certainly was attractive, based on the GM's description of her, and the high charisma score, but there is no need for my character to do anything sexual with her at all."

Only one or two of my players thinks that sort of behavior is amusing aside from the occasional fling or joke.

What they say is more like “I’m down.”

Maybe three would give it a moment’s thought, but none of them would go through with it.

We found this gold in the cave on this man's land, he's certainly entitled to it.

They’ve been known to bring it by and offer it up.

One of my players needs prompting to look outside of the PHB for feats and spells.

Of course we'll return this large quantity of money to it's rightful owner instead of keeping it for ourselves.

Not always they stop to think of the money as something other than loot, but when they do, they also come around to doing the right thing if they’re good-aligned.

Of course.

"....We won't split up, and search these two separate corridors."

Oh, they know better than to do that.

"Wait a minute. 14 wasn't high enough to make that check. We need to run the last encounter over, because my character should have died in the second round."

They have been known to point out whoopsies that were in their favour.

Of course, they’re heroes. Heroes don’t do that sort of thing. Even villains don’t. Except for that one guy, who disregards story very readily.

"Hey I think I should spend some of my precious gold on a mule so I'm not over encumbered."

Has happened on occasion.

"I think we should surrender it's the best tactical decision."

Retreat is more common, but the occasional surrender has happened.

"Ok we can't rush in we need to have a plan."

It happens. Not as often as I’d like, but it happens.

"Now now lets divy up the gold fairly"

They always do. I can’t remember a single time when they didn’t do their best to be fair, except for one guy.

"I'll accept my death with dignity"
"We'll accept his death with dignity"

PC death isn’t always dignified, but usually.

"That would be an effective use of that spell, but I don't think that's the way it's supposed to work."

Usually said to each other, and then looking towards me for confirmation.

"I know it defies the laws of physics, but it's magic, and it works differently, so my character *does* take damage."

Goes without saying.

"If you have the time, could you write some more pages with information on the setting for our current campaign?"

A reasonable request that I’m happy to honour.

"Alright! We're fighting a beholder!"

One of my players is like that.

"We should totally trust the king's advisor."

Dealing with the king’s advisor is more common than dealing with the king himself. He’s a busy man. If you mistrust all those advisors, you won’t get anything done. And they’re not usually bad guys, anyway. Even if the king is gullible, he has more than one advisor.

Let's try talking to the dragon first.

The session before last, they did.

"Let's just leave the corpses of these clockwork horrors where we killed them. They're probably not worth anything anyway."

Most of my players don’t see their heroes as the kinds to go sifting through rubbish.

"Nah, maybe I won't make things incredibly awkward for ODP by trying to RP romantic situations for my PC. I'm fine with just leaving it to my imagination."

As mentioned above, this is a matter of course.

"Like you said in your e-mail..."

They tend to read game mail well enough. Well, some of them.

"According to the notes about the setting you've uploaded..."

Some of them read those too.

"This is my new character and he/she likes to work with other like-minded individuals as a team."

They do make the occasional loner, but most PCs are team players, even if grudgingly so.

"Of course I except that due to the way your setting works there are no gods from official D&D settings."

Never had any complaints on those grounds.

"Of course I will respect the naming conventions you set for this race."

Naturally. Some of them ask for help, but mostly they get something decent.

"Thank You"

My players are polite enough. Even to me sometimes.

"I did, in fact, find a sack of treasure in that secret room while you weren't watching. Hold it for now so we can divide it into fair shares when we get back to town."

Most of them are entirely scrupulous in sharing the loot.

"I will totally remember this campaign setting's word for 'Elf', instead of mocking it relentlessly."

It’s been a long time since anyone mocked that sort of thing.

"My character will not seek to acquire any more money -he has plenty as it is."

Not in so many words, but spending from their personal fortune to fight the BBEG or help people in need is kinda the same thing, I guess.

"You're right."

More like “I see”, or “I forgot that”, but the same kind of sentiment.

Here's what I don't seem to hear:

"I've been thinking, and I'd like to offer some feedback."

"I'm going to start a campaign."

But generally, my players have a broad range of personalities, so there's little I can complain about uniformly.

White Blade
2013-08-17, 07:10 PM
"I understand that my character found a magical artifact of great power, but I give it to another paladin, because my character prefers to use his ancestral bastard sword."

Cealocanth
2013-08-17, 09:03 PM
These apply to my group, at least. Some more mature players may be better on some of these.

"My character is not fit for the title of king. I refuse the queen's offer and ask her to find someone of noble blood to marry."

"This society has many sacred traditions in how it selects it's ruler. Despite the fact that there is now a honorable fight to the death occurring before me for the right to rule the land, we shouldn't all jump in and kill everyone as a party. That would be dishonorable."

"I examine my surroundings to see if I notice anything that you did not explicitly say in the flavor text of this room or draw on the battle-map."

"This is clearly a fight we can't win. Let's retreat and gain a more advantageous position."

"It's boring when the entire party stands outside of a doorway and kills everything inside through the bottleneck. Let's push in and get some real action going."

"I use [any of my skills] for a purpose that is actually stated in the Player's handbook."

"My character abhors death, and I incapacitate the orc so I don't have to watch him die."

Edit: Oh yes, and:

"Let's let the villain finish his monologue. I want to hear what he has to say."

Yukitsu
2013-08-17, 10:27 PM
It's nailed down? I guess we should leave it alone then.

tasw
2013-08-17, 11:03 PM
" my character does not akwardly flirt with the high CHR barmaid, she is a human being/elf/whatever and worthy of respect" .

Along that same line

" My character needs to save up a decent amount of gold so I can return and make an honest woman of that tavern wench from 2 towns back and settle down to farm"

"i totally remember that key NPC's name" (and they're right)

Deophaun
2013-08-18, 01:48 AM
"Selling this priceless historical art object we found would be wrong. It belongs in a museum."

"Let the Truenamer handle it."

"I can't wait till I get Mobility!"

"I wish we fought more swarms."

Sith_Happens
2013-08-18, 02:41 AM
"Selling this priceless historical art object we found would be wrong. It belongs in a museum."

Then sell it to the museum.:smalltongue:

Anonymouswizard
2013-08-18, 05:13 AM
He's completely right though. You have to actually do something to not be flat-footed any more.

It was a 3rd level human rogue vs a shadar-kai. There were 5 other 3rd level characters in the party and 2 other shardar-kai. The rogue decided to attack a shadar-kai as the fey decided negotiation was useless. The Shadar-kai won initiative in the suprise round and attacked one of the dwarves, thereby losing his flat-footed status and by my understanding of the rules, he is watching for attacks and so not flat-footed against anybody. The rogue (who is currently hiding at the back of the party) then says he is going to attack the shadar-kai that acted. I tell him that it's not flat-footed so not to bother rolling sneak attack, which results in a 5 minute arguement, including a review of both sneak attack and the hide skill that reveals that NIETHER has anything supporting his side of the argument. He finally accepts my compromise that he attacks one of the other two shadar-kai, who had not yet acted. The next round he went first, attacked the shadar-kai who was still flat footed, and the other was taken down before he could act. The fight ended with no damage being inflicted on the PCs

tldr: it was the surprise round and he decided to attack the fey who had already acted, instead of one of the two who hadn't. He was expecting attacks because he had already begun to fight, I would not rule that if you are expecting an assassin they cannot catch you flatfooted.

Ultimate_Coffee
2013-08-18, 06:24 AM
The rogue (who is currently hiding at the back of the party) then says he is going to attack the shadar-kai that acted.

This situation is a bit difficult to pin down exactly, but it seems to me (as well as every DM I have gamed with) that the rules intend to say that you are denied your DEX bonus against a hidden foe. This is never clearly stated however.

When describing Armor Class it is stated that
Sometimes you can't use your Dexterity bonus (if you have one). If you can't react to a blow, you can't use your Dexterity bonus to AC.

Then under the Condition Invisible it states
An invisible creature gains a +2 bonus on attack rolls against sighted opponents, and ignores its opponents’ Dexterity bonuses to AC (if any)

I have always taken this to mean that if you successfully hide from an oppenent, then they are denied their DEX to AC. This is however, not clearly stated, and up to the DM to rule in thier specific games.
I personally feel that the Rogue's SA isn't really strong enough to worry about that much, and they likely will not be able to hide after a single attack. So I would just let him sneak and have his fun.

Also,

The rogue decided to attack a shadar-kai as the fey decided negotiation was useless. The Shadar-kai won initiative in the suprise round and attacked one of the dwarves

If the Rogue was successfully hidden from the Shadar-kai, and the Rogue initiated to combat, then the Rogue should have been the only character acting in the surprise round.

Any combatants aware of the opponents can act in the surprise round
If the Shadar-kai was not aware of the Rogue, then the Rogue would have been guarenteed the first attack, as he would be the only one acting in the surprise round.

SilverLeaf167
2013-08-18, 08:01 AM
"Instead of getting paranoid, I appreciate the detail the DM puts into small things."

Anonymouswizard
2013-08-18, 08:56 AM
This situation is a bit difficult to pin down exactly, but it seems to me (as well as every DM I have gamed with) that the rules intend to say that you are denied your DEX bonus against a hidden foe. This is never clearly stated however.

When describing Armor Class it is stated that

Then under the Condition Invisible it states

I have always taken this to mean that if you successfully hide from an oppenent, then they are denied their DEX to AC. This is however, not clearly stated, and up to the DM to rule in thier specific games.
I personally feel that the Rogue's SA isn't really strong enough to worry about that much, and they likely will not be able to hide after a single attack. So I would just let him sneak and have his fun.

That makes sense, and I will probably rule it like that in most situations (but again, he was appalled that I gave him a -5 penalty to his hide check for each shot he made in a previous combat), and had done in a earlier combat, but in this situation not only was the Shadar-Kai expecting attacks, but also from that specific direction.

Also,

If the Rogue was successfully hidden from the Shadar-kai, and the Rogue initiated to combat, then the Rogue should have been the only character acting in the surprise round.

If the Shadar-kai was not aware of the Rogue, then the Rogue would have been guarenteed the first attack, as he would be the only one acting in the surprise round.

To go into it fully, the group was leaving the rogue's hideout, with him in the back when the Shadar-Kai that had tracked them came up and began negotiations. Soon the rogue declared he was hiding from the group, and negotiations began. At the same point the rogue decided to launch a surprise attack, the leader of the Shadar-Kai decided to begin the combat as negotiations weren't working (both intents were declared before any rolls were made, so they rolled off to see who acted first).

Dimers
2013-08-18, 09:16 AM
"As a paladin, I respect and trust my fellow party member in a black robe who seems to be able to command the loyalty of undead creatures. He has always used them wisely, respectfully and discreetly in the service of good goals, and I consider him a friend of the Light. Similarly, the stealthy halfling who has proven quite adept at helping me bypass restrictions like locks and traps in my pursuit of justice? Yes, she too is a true friend and a good person, and I would not think of her skill set as being in any way less than upright. But I'm afraid I just can't trust that heavily armored man with a shield and blade, nor can I restrain my suspicion about his goals. He seems to enjoy combat and wants little more out of life, and he's very good at landing blows. The killer lurks within. I fear what he may be doing with his skills when I'm not around to watch him."

Slipperychicken
2013-08-18, 10:21 AM
"As a paladin, I respect and trust my fellow party member in a black robe who seems to be able to command the loyalty of undead creatures."

I did this as a Crusader in the first session I ever played. Grumbled something about how he'd better use them for the good of the kingdom, and then we all moved on with our in-game lives.

Alex12
2013-08-18, 12:42 PM

"Let the Truenamer handle it."

In the campaign I'm currently in, I fully expect both of these to happen. The guy playing a Truenamer is much more heavily optimized (and has some houserules helping him out because, well, Truenamer) and is playing an Indiana Jones knockoff.

Threadnaught
2013-08-18, 05:18 PM
That ******* Druid.
"I'll accept that my Druid was hit by that attack and that I made the poor decision to get in the way of an enemy charging at another character."

"You're a better DM than me and I thank you for putting up with me each session."

"I don't fancy changing my Animal Companion every five minutes of gametime, that'll slow us down too much and would be far too much work for the DM."

"I don't want my Druid to become an overpowered version of Pun Pun."

"I didn't want my Bard to become an overpowered version of Pun Pun."

"I like Kobolds."

"I like Aboleths"

"Especially if they're called Tucker or Steve."

"I understand that my DM doesn't have unlimited access to all sourcebooks and will not demand every obscure feat or character choice from books DM doesn't own."

"I'll accept that the DM is in charge and will not try to control how they run the world."

"Maybe working with Fiends to prevent the apocalypse isn't an evil act."

"I realize that the code of conduct for Paladins and Druids are completely different."

"Druids are overpowered."

"I'm obviously obsessed with Silver Dragons and shouldn't demand one as a pet for every character."

"I probably shouldn't make a Druid for every campaign."

"I don't understand what's happening and will roll knowledge checks so the DM can explain it to me."

"I will be quite as the DM explains any exposition we asked for."

"That guy is obviously planning to attack us, we should take precautions."

As for my Wizard.
"Maybe Fireball isn't the most powerful Spell in the game."

"Let's shut off this source of exposition before the hour long monologue is over."

"Thank you for doing something I'm unwilling to do."

"I think Emperor Tippy could really teach me how to be a better Wizard."

"Of course I know who Tippy is, he's well known on message boards for his optimized Wizards."

"I enjoy the idea of the Tippyverse, which I have heard of."

"I enjoy the storm of clichés, but do not find the DM's setting interesting at all."

There's also these gems.
"Maybe all the bad things that happen after we do something is the DM showing us the consequences of our actions, instead of trying to screw us over. I have been paying attention and noticed all the good things that have happened."

"I let Goblins live, regardless of how unarmed they are."

"When we talk to NPCs, let's take a few minutes and come up with a generalized argument then let our characters while we roll Diplomacy. It'll be much better than doing the speech ourselves and starting yet another fight because of a poor choice of words."

"Let's not believe what the villains told us when we beat them, they could be lying to us to make us help them out."

"Maybe the inevitable apocalypse really is inevitable."

"I like Careless Whisper, I would like to listen to it's Saxophone loop every time a Stormsinger uses an ability."

"I like the Go Compare song, I would like to listen to it every time a Stormsinger uses an ability."

"I like Rick Astley, I would like to listen to him every time a Stormsinger uses an ability."

"I like the ocean."

"I like the desert."

"I like snow."

"We don't fight enough Undead."

"I can't wait until the DM gets Libris Mortis"

"There aren't enough bridge Trolls"

"Encounters aren't challenging enough."

"I'm interested in this Time Paradox stuff enough to actually try to break something."

"I understand the benefit of having political allies."

"The main villain doesn't monologue enough."

Pleasant reading fellow playgrounders.

Slipperychicken
2013-08-18, 05:26 PM
"Maybe working with Fiends to prevent the apocalypse isn't an evil act."

Although it might be the morally correct thing to do, working with fiends is indeed an evil act.

Consorting with Fiends (BoVD page 8)- Includes:

Allowing Fiends to exist.
Selling one's soul to Fiends.
Summoning a Fiend.
Helping Fiends.

Silva Stormrage
2013-08-18, 05:49 PM
This might just be for my players but still :smalltongue:

"We don't fight enough undead"

"I think I will trust that merchant over there"

"Especially if his name is Ackbar"

Threadnaught
2013-08-18, 07:00 PM
Although it might be the morally correct thing to do, working with fiends is indeed an evil act.

Consorting with Fiends (BoVD page 8)- Includes:

Allowing Fiends to exist.
Selling one's soul to Fiends.
Summoning a Fiend.
Helping Fiends.

Ugh, not the roommate agreement Book of Vile Darkness. :smallsigh:

There is a clause in the contract the players have accepted, that allows the Devils to inherit their characters' souls if they do nothing to prevent the apocalypse. So they've agreed to give up either their lives, or their souls for the greater good. :smallamused:

They met with a Pit Fiend at level 2 and were honest when they gave directions to where it wanted to go.

Earlier they had ran away from a Lemur, the Pit Fiend was obviously too powerful for them on it's own back then. And now it is supporting a sect of Druids in it's defence against a Demon invasion, the Druids will defend it for as long as it offers them support and allows them to dictate the terms of the alliance. They know where a whole bunch of Fiends are, but attempting to go all Miko on them would be suicide.
The only thing they haven't done from that list, is summon them.

Of course, the Wizard is still Neutral (going Chaotic) Good and the Druid is still moving to a Neutral Good alignment. He'll be there if he decides to attack the Demon immediately after the bigger threat it's helping them against, is taken down. :smallamused:

"We don't fight enough undead"

Ahh, a fellow NecroDM. They're my favourite monster type, how about yours?

Doomboy911
2013-08-18, 09:02 PM
"Instead of getting paranoid, I appreciate the detail the DM puts into small things."

For some reason I can never worry my players. I'm as subtle as possible alluding to little bits of information that should lead to dread but nope they're all hunky dory.

Silva Stormrage
2013-08-18, 11:06 PM
Ahh, a fellow NecroDM. They're my favourite monster type, how about yours?

Easily my favorite type :smalltongue:. Aberations are second but its just not close. Its not that I purposely send them in massive numbers against the party though! It just that my undead encounters almost invariably become the more difficult encounters and thus they stand out more to them :smallbiggrin:

Slipperychicken
2013-08-18, 11:59 PM
Easily my favorite type :smalltongue:. Aberations are second but its just not close. Its not that I purposely send them in massive numbers against the party though! It just that my undead encounters almost invariably become the more difficult encounters and thus they stand out more to them :smallbiggrin:

I almost never seen it used that way, but is Turn Undead actually useful against such foes?

Sith_Happens
2013-08-19, 12:53 AM
I almost never seen it used that way, but is Turn Undead actually useful against such foes?

You mean against aberrations or against undead? Because the answer in the first case is "of course not" and in the second case is "not really."

DigoDragon
2013-08-19, 09:31 AM
"Can we play in a fantasy adventure where we're all talking ponies?" :smallbiggrin:

Moriwen
2013-08-19, 11:21 AM
"Can I see your notes on Elven linguistics? I want to make sure my character's name is etymologically accurate."

Anonymouswizard
2013-08-19, 11:26 AM
"I will record the stats for my animal companion somewhere, and not rely of the GM to flip to that page in the monster manual every time it attacks."

Neither the group's druid or the druid/ranger have taken full reasonability for their animal companion yet, and when they remember them I always have to look up the statistics.

"You know, I don't like the idea you came up with, so I'm not going to just take it and run with it."

"Okay, that's enough jokes regarding succubi and the female elf paladin."

"I flirt with the barmaid."

"I've decided not to watch ExtermanatisTube today"

"I know that they surrendered, but I see no reason to let them live."

"Let us think about the motives of the quest giver for a moment."

"I have decided to go rogue, hunt our Inquisitor down, and then kill and replace him."

"I appreciate the hard work you put into making this setting."

"Sure, let's play Planescape."

VariSami
2013-08-19, 02:13 PM
"Sure, let's play Planescape."
WHAT?

Oh, and proven today:

"I will not use any faster and unquestionably adequate tactics than a full trip routine for even the least of enemies with my trip fighter."

"I will not nuke the enemies with everything I have if I have no reason to suspect you having planned further encounters for the day."

Ekul
2013-08-19, 02:32 PM
"You're looking up the rules? Got it, I'll wait patiently." (I myself am guilty of this, I'll admit)

"Say, <barbarian's name>, I remember <NPC's name>, why, he was the guy who helped us when we were <in a distressing situation>."

"<fellow player>, don't worry, I'm not going to leave you to die this time. I got your back!"

"Don't worry, I didn't just interpret the rules in the way that most favours my character build. I took the initiative, and brought up all the ways that the rules are ambiguous about my build so as to let the GM decide what's fair in his campaign."

By the way, the other guy who DMs and I don't really have a big issue with our Party NPCs anymore. After a while, we just let our players decide if they want the NPC to travel. If they say "Come along", the NPC will join as long as it is favourable for them to do so. Heck, in one of my stories, they actually found a cleric working for the enemy and recruited him. How shocking!! Although he was a cleric of Odin, just like the barbarian, so there was some kinship between the two of them.

Stubbazubba
2013-08-19, 02:36 PM
"Wait! We can't just walk into the King's bedchamber! I have an Animal Companion and the Paladin has a mount! What, do they just pop out of thin air whenever they'd be useful and then disappear before they're inconvenient? That's ridiculous, guys..."

Slipperychicken
2013-08-19, 02:40 PM
"I will not nuke the enemies with everything I have if I have no reason to suspect you having planned further encounters for the day."

That's just good strategy there. You can't fault them for pacing.

VariSami
2013-08-19, 03:33 PM
That's just good strategy there. You can't fault them for pacing.

Admittedly, although their intuition that I had not planned any further encounters was completely player-driven (the characters had no reason to assume such things) and based on out-of-game factors. They even suspected that I would have their Drow "allies" betray them after the fight was over, bot in and out of character which makes it kind of odd. (In the end, the Drow did not betray them. Partly because they had no real motivation and partly because the boss enemy against whom they had sprung the PCs actually escaped using Dimension Door.)

Slipperychicken
2013-08-19, 03:53 PM
Admittedly, although their intuition that I had not planned any further encounters was completely player-driven (the characters had no reason to assume such things) and based on out-of-game factors. They even suspected that I would have their Drow "allies" betray them after the fight was over, bot in and out of character which makes it kind of odd.

I'm on board with you on the metagaming.

Drow, however, are fluffed as an entire race of evil sadomasochist backstab-machines who can never be trusted because they're genetically engineered for hatred, cold Machiavellian intrigue, and betrayal.

TuggyNE
2013-08-19, 04:08 PM
"Wait! We can't just walk into the King's bedchamber! I have an Animal Companion and the Paladin has a mount! What, do they just pop out of thin air whenever they'd be useful and then disappear before they're inconvenient? That's ridiculous, guys..."

FWIW, Paladin mounts actually do that once a day.

Icewraith
2013-08-19, 06:08 PM
"Don't worry, I didn't just interpret the rules in the way that most favours my character build. I took the initiative, and brought up all the ways that the rules are ambiguous about my build so as to let the GM decide what's fair in his campaign."

I totally do this. But then again, I mostly DMed 3.5, so it's more a "do unto others what you require they do unto you."

I'm really surprised that there are some people who haven't encountered anyone who kills off their PC's family to set up the good 'ol "hunting for revenge" or "excusing bizzare character trait" backstory. After all, if it works for Conan, Batman, and nearly all Disney movie main characters ever it can work for you too!

Simply by claiming a black dragon melted your family and tortured you before inexplicably flying off and leaving you alive and with a single distinct facial scar you can excuse a lifetime of antisocial behavior (when really, when almost any D&D monster is physically torturing you and you survive your race should change to scar tissue golem and your character should resemble Deadpool after bathing in sulfuric acid). Any time someone tries to talk to you, advance the plot, or give you any sort of item you can instead react as if they were ten fiendish Dire Tigers about to eat you. Then you can say "...sorry, a Dragon killed my family and tortured me when I was little. I can overreact sometimes. Here, let me get that dagger out of your chest cavity..."

I exaggerate of course.... but not as much as you might think.

Threadnaught
2013-08-19, 07:28 PM
"Say, <barbarian's name>, I remember <NPC's name>, why, he was the guy who helped us when we were <in a distressing situation>."

Mine like most of my NPCs.

Even the main villain has left quite an impression on them. Despite what the more optimized members of the playground think of this creature. :smallcool:

DrewID
2013-08-19, 07:35 PM
I'm really surprised that there are some people who haven't encountered anyone who kills off their PC's family to set up the good 'ol "hunting for revenge" or "excusing bizzare character trait" backstory. After all, if it works for Conan, Batman, and nearly all Disney movie main characters ever it can work for you too!

Of course, there's the B side to that single:

"I detailed a number of close family members and relations who are still living. I'm sure the GM would never kidnap or murder them for a plot hook. And if he did, that would just make the campaign that much more fun."

DrewID

nedz
2013-08-19, 07:45 PM
"Can I see your notes on Elven linguistics? I want to make sure my character's name is etymologically accurate."

I have referenced LoTR/Silmarillion to make sure that my elven characters have correct, and original, Quenya (or Sindarian) names before.

I've done this. I've also pointed out when I'd misread a rule which led to one of my feats becoming useless.

"I will record the stats for my animal companion somewhere, and not rely of the GM to flip to that page in the monster manual every time it attacks."

Neither the group's druid or the druid/ranger have taken full reasonability for their animal companion yet, and when they remember them I always have to look up the statistics.

You need to train your players. Just tell them you are going to apply a cumulative -1 morale penalty to all attacks and damage rolls until they take this off your hands. A DM is the busiest person at the table, the last thing the game needs is overloading you with tasks which are the player's responsibility.

Cloud
2013-08-20, 05:26 AM
"I just love undead, can you please use more?"

...Similarly;
"I just love swarms, can you please use more?"
"I just love incorporeal enemies, can you please use more?"
"I just love enemies with ability damage, can you please use more? I mean it's only fair after I used Shivering Touch."

"Yes, it was my own fault for not having appropriate weapons to bypass that monsters DR."

...Again similarly;
"Using only one element and not having any backups if an enemy is immune to that element is my own fault."
"Not having a ranged weapon is my own fault."

DigoDragon
2013-08-20, 07:57 AM

Heh heh, I actually did stat out everything for my Wizard's familiar in the one campaign I didn't run. I was the only PC in my group who did that in all the years we've gamed though, so I know where you're coming from with your quote.

More quotes I'll never hear~

"Okay, we've come up with a realistic plan using teamwork."
"No, let's stick to stealth. We just need to get the MacGuffin and leave."
"Hey, we all want the same pizza topping! What are the chances?"

Lord Torath
2013-08-20, 10:51 AM
Of course, there's the B side to that single:

"I detailed a number of close family members and relations who are still living. I'm sure the GM would never kidnap or murder them for a plot hook. And if he did, that would just make the campaign that much more fun."

DrewIDI actually specified several brothers and sisters of my current character, and gave them professions just in case the DM needed a plot hook.

"Yes, I want to play a cleric!" Seriously. None of my kids want to play a cleric.

Anonymouswizard
2013-08-20, 11:10 AM

I am currently stating up the member's of my Mutants & Mastermind's character's immediate family for the DM to use as plot hooks/me to use as backup characters. The plan is to make their statistics and personalities as distinct as possible, and have already given the plot hook that I ran away from them them (which is why I'm in Emerald City and not at the Family Manor).

Frozen_Feet
2013-08-20, 11:51 AM
"Hey, could we play that game where all player characters are Teenage Mutant Finnish Female Pop-idols in year 2020? I even brought fortune cookies for everyone!"

Disclaimer: the above game exists, and I own it. And yes, it does use fortune cookies.

JoshuaZ
2013-08-20, 12:28 PM

Actually, in my current campaign 3 out of 6 PCs have living families. What this actually resulted in is one of the major antagonists from the bad guys organizations telling them to protect their families because he has a family too and he's not influential enough in the organization to stop other members from trying to hold hostage or kill their family members. He knows what happens when people start threatening families and it isn't pretty. Apparently this slightly shocked the players (both in character and out of character).

RustyArmor
2013-08-20, 12:42 PM
"Book of Nine swords isn't all the great, a PHB fighter is easily just as good if not better with the right feats." Only had to write that one in cause one of my players actually does say it.

Slipperychicken
2013-08-20, 02:42 PM
"Hey, could we play that game where all player characters are Teenage Mutant Finnish Female Pop-idols in year 2020? I even brought fortune cookies for everyone!"

"I will not minmax my pop idol so that batting her eyelash deals enough damage to one-shot a tank"

Beelzebub1111
2013-08-20, 04:01 PM
"That innkeeper who just ran out in terror must have seen something horrible that we must deal with immetiatly and CERTAINLY NOT STEAL FROM HIS LOCK-BOX WHILE HE IS GONE BECAUSE THAT WOULD BE WRONG AND HE PROBABLY DOESN'T HAVE THAT MUCH ANYWAY!"

"You know, I don't think we can take that one on."

Sith_Happens
2013-08-20, 06:38 PM
"Yes, I want to play a cleric!" Seriously. None of my kids want to play a cleric.

That could partially be your fault. Do your kids know of Clericzilla or are you letting them think they'd have to be a healer? (I'm assuming this is 3.X, because apparently 4e Clerics shoot lasers and who doesn't want to shoot lasers?)

Lord Torath
2013-08-21, 10:38 AM
That could partially be your fault. Do your kids know of Clericzilla or are you letting them think they'd have to be a healer? (I'm assuming this is 3.X, because apparently 4e Clerics shoot lasers and who doesn't want to shoot lasers?)2nd Ed AD&D. And I've pointed out all the cool non-healing-related spells they have access to. I house rule that any spell can be converted to an equal or lower-level healing spell, so they don't need to memorize only healing.

Back to things my players' PC's never say:
"That innkeeper just ran away in terror. Let's rob his lockbox and ignore whatever terrifying thing just caused him to run. I'm sure it's nothing we need to worry about."

Slipperychicken
2013-08-21, 10:41 AM
"That innkeeper who just ran out in terror must have seen something horrible that we must deal with immetiatly and CERTAINLY NOT STEAL FROM HIS LOCK-BOX WHILE HE IS GONE BECAUSE THAT WOULD BE WRONG AND HE PROBABLY DOESN'T HAVE THAT MUCH ANYWAY!"

I could absolutely imagine my DM saying this sarcastically to remind us that we're supposed to be heroes :smallbiggrin:

Arkhosia
2013-08-21, 10:46 AM
"I am definitely confident the cleric shouldn't heal me. The others might need it more"

Frozen_Feet
2013-08-21, 11:32 AM
"I will not minmax my pop idol so that batting her eyelash deals enough damage to one-shot a tank"

"I will minmax my pop idol so that her batting her eyelashes deals enough damage to one-shot a tank" is just as unlikely, though. Especially in the context of the game I referred to.