PDA

View Full Version : What PRC's would you give partial casting to?

CyberThread
2013-08-15, 11:41 AM
Just tossing this out here, but what PRC's would you give 1-4 casting( similar to how things like assiasin and death delver have , as far as casting methods go.).

Xerlith
2013-08-16, 07:33 AM
Divine Champion, from a gimped Paladin list, since it's a Prestige Paladin, more or less.
Champion of Corellon Larethian. Arcane, preferably from the Duskblade list
Maybe a 1-3 arcane spells for the Dragonrider and Elemental Warrior.

Auramis
2013-08-16, 07:36 AM
A Vassal of Bahamut gives you a limited paladin spell list to work from.

Diarmuid
2013-08-16, 12:21 PM
I think the Hammer of Moradin should have some amount of spellcasting advancement built into it.

3WhiteFox3
2013-08-16, 12:30 PM
Arcane Archer - A magical archer class that doesn't actually help you at magic. Give it a selection of appropriate Ranger and Wizard spells and while it's class features will still be lacking, it's at least got something it can do.

Pyrokineticist - Now technically I'd give it some limited manifesting, but the end result is the same. Probably draw primarily from the Psion list, grabbing mostly blasting powers, but maybe a few buffs from the PsyWar list.

Roguenewb
2013-08-16, 12:31 PM
You know what I like more and more for partial casting these days? An ability similar to the Factotum casting ability. Max spell level and spells prepared per day are listed on the table for the class, and you can only prepare 1 of the highest level spells. Way easier on the bookkeeping and grokking than the 1-4 limited progression PrCs, and helps ameliorate the way that casting has always been *super* terrible. Gaining another first level spell slot for attaining ECL 11 is underwhelming, this way, every extra spell slot feels better, and helps keep all of the very limited spells per day working.

killem2
2013-08-16, 01:28 PM
I kind of feel like Beast Master should have some. maybe 3 more levels at least of existing class.

ArcturusV
2013-08-16, 01:50 PM
Dragon Disciple comes to mind immediately out of the original PrCs. Either that or to revamp it to be a lot more Dragony than it currently is.

Cancer Mage is another one that comes to mind. Somehow I just never really liked the idea that a class called "____ mage" doesn't actually have any casting...

Silva Stormrage
2013-08-16, 02:40 PM
Horned Harbinger from Faiths and Pantheons (I also did do that since I homebrewed a newer version of it :smalltongue:)